Ping's new G410 LST driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

> @Ryan5508 said:

> Well here are some numbers with the 410 plus in the ventus. 6 swings in total. Little slower swing since I just got home from work. I was launching higher and even less spin than the lst..... Now what to do.

>

> Feel and looks wise they are hard to tell apart. The plus comes in 2g lighter in the head vs the lst.

> 0o64dx69fmce.jpg

>

With launch and spin like that I would have to imagine you're striking higher on the face. Maybe try simply teeing a bit lower?

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

I generally hit high toe side.

I don't believe I have any shorter tees than 3 1/4" currently in the garage. They also do not go very far down into the mat but the ball is no more then 1/2 above the crown grounding the club at address with the tall tees. I have a bad habit of hitting the ground when I tee it low and have generally shied away from doing so.

> @Ryan5508 said:

> I generally hit high toe side.

> I don't believe I have any shorter tees than 3 1/4" currently in the garage. They also do not go very far down into the mat but the ball is no more then 1/2 above the crown grounding the club at address with the tall tees. I have a bad habit of hitting the ground when I tee it low and have generally shied away from doing so.

Ah gotcha. High toe is definitely the low spin zone though, that explains the numbers. There isn't much that a shaft will do to help unless something about the shaft also changes your strike location. Getting your strike away from the toe and slightly more centered would bring those spin numbers up a hair. I find that I live in the high toe range when I have the ball a bit too far forward in my stance and/or i'm losing a little too much posture at impact. Focusing on staying down and maybe moving the ball position back just a touch helps me with that.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

> @greenadam21 said:

> > @desaille said:

> > > @desaille said:

> > > > @gambit said:

> > > > > @desaille said:

> > > > > G410 LST is the best yet.

> > > > > Less pointy toe like the former g400 lst, I've gone through 7 of these heads in a love hate relationship & trying every new driver out there thinking it's better than the g400 lst.

> > > > > The new G410 LST shape is better and sounds great, even without hotmelt. My TD might be a bit longer on some hits but I have no clue where the TD is going. The G410 LST was a simple drop in and go (g400 lst will be up on BST soon)

> > > > > Testing a PO 60tx and Diamana DF 60TX

> > > >

> > > > Can you let us know how those two shafts compared in that head? I have the PO in the G400 LST, but want to try the DF too.

> > > PO 60tx all day long. Can swing it all day long, just can't go after it (probably a good thing)

> > > The DF has a tendency to go left (a hard left). Probably the weighting on the DF but even tweaking, it just doesn't feel the same. Could probably tip the DF even more but the setup would border being short.

> > > Been testing against my TD, still don't know where the TD goes even though its straight straight.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > DF all day long. The PO (planet Orange) seems to spin a touch more on center hits.

> > I'm usually 10/11 o'clock above center but when I get closer to center, the PO spins.

> > Life of a WRXer

>

> So I also have the TD callaway. thinking of testing the ping but would love some feedback on it from others.

>

>

Tested the TD with an original T1100 75g 6.5 tipped 1", it's pretty good, just don't know where it goes but it's straight. It's the classic driving range driver - straight as can be. Can't keep it on the planet when on the course.

Testing now with a TPT - 15 mkw something, what a terrible naming scheme.

Weird thing with the TPT, it's extremely tip heavy compared to the T1100. Didn't think the T1100 was that counter, as the Planet Orange is even more counter.

The TD head has 18g (2g front, 16g back) and about 3g hotmelt (on sole by EP [of epic])

The T1100 at 45" is D3

The TPT touch under 45" is D8

Do have a lighter sliding weight to test with :)

Everybody relax, I’m here

Is your T1100 in the ping? I have the T1100 and love it. I think I will be putting the diamana DF 70tx on the bst soon. Also a great shaft....just prefer the T1100 for me....but man the LST has been great so far. Hitting fairways and long. I have a 3 gram and 10 gram weight. Right now I play it at almost 46". Flat lie works great when adding length. 3wood and 5 wood are great too. I am curious to try the 3wood in LST, but I figured I wanted more forgiveness than distance with the 3w. But hey I can do that with the 5w. I think I will order an LS 3w...haha.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

> @Deuce78 said:

> Is your T1100 in the ping? I have the T1100 and love it. I think I will be putting the diamana DF 70tx on the bst soon. Also a great shaft....just prefer the T1100 for me....but man the LST has been great so far. Hitting fairways and long. I have a 3 gram and 10 gram weight. Right now I play it at almost 46". Flat lie works great when adding length. 3wood and 5 wood are great too. I am curious to try the 3wood in LST, but I figured I wanted more forgiveness than distance with the 3w. But hey I can do that with the 5w. I think I will order an LS 3w...haha.

Yeah, the t1100 is too short for the ping. Will need to find a new T1100 for the Ping G410 lst.

The LST is a mad bomber

Hit the 9* g410lst. The evenflow black 6.5 was spinning around 2000 rpm for me, but felt a little whippy. Compared to the orange and the alta that were 3k plus. Anyone else seeing these low spin rates with the evenflow black? I rarely spin anything under 3000. Seemed odd to me a shaft that didn’t feel stout would cut the spin out. Any shafts out there like the ef black that feel more stable?

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

> @provx said:

> Hit the 9* g410lst. The evenflow black 6.5 was spinning around 2000 rpm for me, but felt a little whippy. Compared to the orange and the alta that were 3k plus. Anyone else seeing these low spin rates with the evenflow black? I rarely spin anything under 3000. Seemed odd to me a shaft that didn’t feel stout would cut the spin out. Any shafts out there like the ef black that feel more stable?

Feel with low spin?

Atx tour green

Synergy black

Rogue white

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

> @provx said:

> Hit the 9* g410lst. The evenflow black 6.5 was spinning around 2000 rpm for me, but felt a little whippy. Compared to the orange and the alta that were 3k plus. Anyone else seeing these low spin rates with the evenflow black? I rarely spin anything under 3000. Seemed odd to me a shaft that didn’t feel stout would cut the spin out. Any shafts out there like the ef black that feel more stable?

I ran into the same issue although I was spinning the black higher than that. I tested the Aldila Rogue Silver 130 MSI 70TX, Graphite Design AD VR 7TX, and VR 7X. I ultimately settled on the VR 7X but the other two Shafts were very close and definitely felt more solid than the EF Black. You WILL NOT go left with any of these Shafts and they still retain great feel throughout.

> @endy said:

> > @provx said:

> > Hit the 9* g410lst. The evenflow black 6.5 was spinning around 2000 rpm for me, but felt a little whippy. Compared to the orange and the alta that were 3k plus. Anyone else seeing these low spin rates with the evenflow black? I rarely spin anything under 3000. Seemed odd to me a shaft that didn’t feel stout would cut the spin out. Any shafts out there like the ef black that feel more stable?

>

> I ran into the same issue although I was spinning the black higher than that. I tested the Aldila Rogue Silver 130 MSI 70TX, Graphite Design AD VR 7TX, and VR 7X. I ultimately settled on the VR 7X but the other two Shafts were very close and definitely felt more solid than the EF Black. You WILL NOT go left with any of these Shafts and they still retain great feel throughout.

Thank you. On a side note for those interested in this head i found something unusual. My center and heel strikes were sub 2000 spin or thereabouts, however my toe strikes were spinning up at 3500ish. Now maybe it was a fluke, but maybe this head is designed to not nose dive snap hook on toe strikes like other low spin heads. Just what i was finding.

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

Has anyone tried animal style with 2 weights or even 3 weights. If the stock is 16 it’s feasible to put a 10 and 6 gram weights to still create a bias one way or another. Or putting 2 5.5 weights on the outside draw fade positions and a 3.5 in the neutral position,

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr2+ 2W 13° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

BETTINARDI BB1 WIDE

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

I managed to hit this yesterday and was very impressed, ball speed was up compared to my F9 (mainly due to finding the middle better) and was stuck deciding between the Plus/LST. I didn’t really see much difference in spin although I was only able to hit the 10.5 in each head.

I ended up ordering a 9’ Plus with Evenflow Black Stiff as I went for forgiveness over slightly lower potential spin.....now though I’m having second thoughts!

Is there much difference in forgiveness with the LST/Plus and is the Plus more fade bias (my bad shot is turning it over left)

> @nickosbad said:

> I managed to hit this yesterday and was very impressed, ball speed was up compared to my F9 (mainly due to finding the middle better) and was stuck deciding between the Plus/LST. I didn’t really see much difference in spin although I was only able to hit the 10.5 in each head.

> I ended up ordering a 9’ Plus with Evenflow Black Stiff as I went for forgiveness over slightly lower potential spin.....now though I’m having second thoughts!

> Is there much difference in forgiveness with the LST/Plus and is the Plus more fade bias (my bad shot is turning it over left)

Only supposed to be 300-400 rpm difference, and it is my understanding that the LST is more open/fade biased at neutral address. There is a flat setting in both and also a fade bias spot for the weighting on the back of the club. I have the same club you have currently in shipping to me, except my evenflow black is 6.5 stiffness in 65 series. I will report back as it is supposed to be here by Tues 7/9

Gamer/Backup
Driver: PING G410 LST 9 w/ EF Black 6.5; Cobra LTD PRO w/ Speeder 661 iv and Cobra F8+ with Evenflow Blue 65 6.5
3wd: TEE CB Pro 14.5 Speeder 757 stiff; 
5wd: Cobra F6 Baffler set at 17.5; Titleist 915 2H
3H- Titleist 915 2H dialed up in loft to 19; Ping G with Evenflow Blue 85 6.0
4 iron: G400 Crossover; G400 green dot CFS stiff, It's stamped 5 iron but power spec at 22* I use it as 4 iron; N/A
5-PW: Ping i15 green dot AWT stiff; PXG 0211 w/ Elevate Tour VSS Pro stiff
52/12 F: Vokey sm8 2 up; 52/12 F Vokey SM7
58/12 d: Vokey sm8 2 up; 58/12 d Vokey sm7 
Putter: Taylormade Spider Platinum; Ping Anser Milled 5; Nike Method Matter B2-05
Ball: Wilson FG Tour

> @Kale_m said:

> > @Ryan5508 said:

> > Well here are some numbers with the 410 plus in the ventus. 6 swings in total. Little slower swing since I just got home from work. I was launching higher and even less spin than the lst..... Now what to do.

> >

> > Feel and looks wise they are hard to tell apart. The plus comes in 2g lighter in the head vs the lst.

> > 0o64dx69fmce.jpg

> >

>

> Would not want to spin it any less then that. That is actually to low of you ask me for actual on the course situations. Any miss hit and that thing is not staying in the air

Mishit is going to add spin.

I agree that’s too low to control. But Mishits aren’t the issue. It’s the directional miss going off the planet. As in center struck push or pull. Not going to curve back. Just float into outer space.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Thankfully I am getting more around 2300 with the KK in a plus head. Most low spinners were around 2000 with a misshit hitting 2800-3000 spin.

The ventus was a wash spin wise between the lst and plus. I ended up selling the LST and ventus yesterday on the bst here.

I would be interested in seeing if a ventus 6x does indeed spin more than the 7x since it was a fantastic shaft.

outside I didn't notice any forgiveness differences between the LST, plus or MAX. All three are great heads for the right person.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Kale_m said:

> > > @Ryan5508 said:

> > > Well here are some numbers with the 410 plus in the ventus. 6 swings in total. Little slower swing since I just got home from work. I was launching higher and even less spin than the lst..... Now what to do.

> > >

> > > Feel and looks wise they are hard to tell apart. The plus comes in 2g lighter in the head vs the lst.

> > > 0o64dx69fmce.jpg

> > >

> >

> > Would not want to spin it any less then that. That is actually to low of you ask me for actual on the course situations. Any miss hit and that thing is not staying in the air

>

> Mishit is going to add spin.

>

> I agree that’s too low to control. But Mishits aren’t the issue. It’s the directional miss going off the planet. As in center struck push or pull. Not going to curve back. Just float into outer space.

A mishit out on the toe drops spin. So if your spin is to low to begin with then it drops it so low that the ball will dive out of the air like a wounded duck.. a mishit low in the face will increase spin yes

Tri-hot double wide 

> @jrshelby said:

> Has anyone tried animal style with 2 weights or even 3 weights. If the stock is 16 it’s feasible to put a 10 and 6 gram weights to still create a bias one way or another. Or putting 2 5.5 weights on the outside draw fade positions and a 3.5 in the neutral position,

I'll be doing this for tomorrow's round. Been thinking of it for some time now

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

> @juggernaut0629 said:

> > @jrshelby said:

> > Has anyone tried animal style with 2 weights or even 3 weights. If the stock is 16 it’s feasible to put a 10 and 6 gram weights to still create a bias one way or another. Or putting 2 5.5 weights on the outside draw fade positions and a 3.5 in the neutral position,

>

> I'll be doing this for tomorrow's round. Been thinking of it for some time now

Ok could you please let me know what you think?

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr2+ 2W 13° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

BETTINARDI BB1 WIDE

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

> @jrshelby said:

> > @juggernaut0629 said:

> > > @jrshelby said:

> > > Has anyone tried animal style with 2 weights or even 3 weights. If the stock is 16 it’s feasible to put a 10 and 6 gram weights to still create a bias one way or another. Or putting 2 5.5 weights on the outside draw fade positions and a 3.5 in the neutral position,

> >

> > I'll be doing this for tomorrow's round. Been thinking of it for some time now

>

> Ok could you please let me know what you think?

>

>

Definitely. I've got both the G410+ and the 410 LST all set up for tomorrow's round. I'll be testing both heads with the evenflow black 75g stiff & Tensei orange 60g X flex both @ 45" dead nut. Will look into bouncing between the heads in animal style double weights placed in the face & draw settings. I've done some testing already with the 410+ with the single 12g weight. Tensei orange 70g X flex @ 44.5". Dropped loft 1* then 1.5* . weight in heel, toe, & middle. Strangely the weight in the heel made me fade the ball more. Prefer the weight dead center. It's feel this new Ping brings to the table that is above all else. Workable in both directions. It's what sold me over the F9. I hope the LST is even better for than the 410+....Which will really say something! I even brought back my beloved G LST in a head to head with 410+....just to be sure, 410+ is just better. Love this fairway finder. Great club Ping.

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Low down today's round. 410LST animal style, double 12g weights. 1 in the fade setting , 1 in the draw. Swingweight was high @ D9. Although I like heavy Swingweighted clubs, & usually play my driver @ D6 - D8. I didn't have the energy to swing D9 today with the tensei orange 60g X flex for 18 holes. I must say that animal style with this driver makes the club EXTREMELY stable. I miss hit a couple of tee shots with a bad swing, & yet the ball was WELL out there. When caught dead on the screws, it felt phenomenal. Ball flight was piercing the distance was insane. 1 of the longest drives I've hit in years. Soft 5 yard draw, dead center of a tight fairway. I can't stress enough how stable the club is.

I'm going pick up a couple lighter weights & drop swingweight a couple points, keep it setup animal style. Never had the chance swing the Plus animal style. As I was putting the weights in the Plus and the screw broke when was tightening it. Using the supplied PING torque wrench. I couldn't believe it. So I guess PING will be getting a call for the Plus to be returned for repair.

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

24 grams, wow!

I was just thinking of finding a 9 and 3 (keeping to 12g) to put in the neutral and draw to get a more fade bias.

But will say, this driver is stable and the flight is pretty damn good right now. straight to a touch cut. Only getting a draw now on swings when I'm way handsy, saving it

I have the Tour 65X 45" and the Evenflow Black 6.0 Handcrafted tipped 0,5" and playing around 44,75". Evenflow Black still feels a bit whippy, but it likes to go straight when I mishit it off the toe, and a really good hit is maybe a bit longer than Tour shaft. But I have to say the Tour 65X is legit a good shaft, it likes to fade on me a bit more then the Evenflow.

Where have you guys ordered weights? Would love a setup of 2 weights in neutral and draw, my factory weight is 14gr, friend has the same head and he had a 12gr weight.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

> @Hedgehog said:

> I have the Tour 65X 45" and the Evenflow Black 6.0 Handcrafted tipped 0,5" and playing around 44,75". Evenflow Black still feels a bit whippy, but it likes to go straight when I mishit it off the toe, and a really good hit is maybe a bit longer than Tour shaft. But I have to say the Tour 65X is legit a good shaft, it likes to fade on me a bit more then the Evenflow.

>

> Where have you guys ordered weights? Would love a setup of 2 weights in neutral and draw, my factory weight is 14gr, friend has the same head and he had a 12gr weight.

Golf works has the weights. But they are all pretty heavy. If you wanted a 2 weight setup the SW is going to be pretty high

Tri-hot double wide 

> @Kale_m said:

> > @Hedgehog said:

> > I have the Tour 65X 45" and the Evenflow Black 6.0 Handcrafted tipped 0,5" and playing around 44,75". Evenflow Black still feels a bit whippy, but it likes to go straight when I mishit it off the toe, and a really good hit is maybe a bit longer than Tour shaft. But I have to say the Tour 65X is legit a good shaft, it likes to fade on me a bit more then the Evenflow.

> >

> > Where have you guys ordered weights? Would love a setup of 2 weights in neutral and draw, my factory weight is 14gr, friend has the same head and he had a 12gr weight.

>

> Golf works has the weights. But they are all pretty heavy. If you wanted a 2 weight setup the SW is going to be pretty high

I have the 12g weight in the fade spot and 10g in draw. With a playing length of 44” the SW is about D7. I bought a 5.5g weight off eBay that will replace the 12g weight to get the SW back to a D4-5 level. Hopefully will have the weight later this week

> @Crooksc17 said:

> > @Kale_m said:

> > > @Hedgehog said:

> > > I have the Tour 65X 45" and the Evenflow Black 6.0 Handcrafted tipped 0,5" and playing around 44,75". Evenflow Black still feels a bit whippy, but it likes to go straight when I mishit it off the toe, and a really good hit is maybe a bit longer than Tour shaft. But I have to say the Tour 65X is legit a good shaft, it likes to fade on me a bit more then the Evenflow.

> > >

> > > Where have you guys ordered weights? Would love a setup of 2 weights in neutral and draw, my factory weight is 14gr, friend has the same head and he had a 12gr weight.

> >

> > Golf works has the weights. But they are all pretty heavy. If you wanted a 2 weight setup the SW is going to be pretty high

>

> I have the 12g weight in the fade spot and 10g in draw. With a playing length of 44” the SW is about D7. I bought a 5.5g weight off eBay that will replace the 12g weight to get the SW back to a D4-5 level. Hopefully will have the weight later this week

Got a link to the eBay item?

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x