Ping's new G410 LST driver

Comments

• matchavezmatchavez Aotearoa New ZealandUnregistered Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I’m wrong, but if you backweight the crap out of an LST, aren’t you just making it a spinny head? I mean, I could see where you might go with a couple of 4g on the outsides instead of an 8…

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

• johnnyprojohnnypro Members Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@johnnypro said:
    Picked mine up yesterday.
    10.5, Tensei Orange stiff, 45.25"
    Just a range session but so far, so good....especially liked sound and feel.
    Will it kick my TS2 out of the bag?
    We'll see. That's a tall order.

Two rounds now and, yes, it has kicked the TS2 out of the bag.
    I love the look, the feel, the sound, the distance, the forgiveness.
    I was afraid anything that says "LST" was for a much stronger player than me, but I don't that's the case here. On Sunday, I put a couple in spots I have not visited in at least 5 years. Not selling my TS2 yet but the G410 LST is just a great driver, IMO.

• johnnybogeyjohnnybogey Members Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can someone explain what the flat setting does? I understand when using irons and going to a flatter lie and its affect but I not so sure with driver.
    Thanks

• OknowsOknows Members Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 9, 2019 5:55pm #515

Curious if there is a lot of forgiveness/stability benefit from separating the weight with two weights. Currently have a 16g in the draw setting. Thinking about splitting that across the back if there is a benefit outside of swing weight. Thanks.

Post edited by Oknows on
    Ping G410 Plus 9* w/ Diamana W 70x
    Callaway Rogue 15* w/ PX Evnflow Blue 75x
    Ping G 17.5 w/ Tour 80
    Callaway CF16 4-AW w/ DG TI x100
    Ping Glide 2.0 54* w/ DG s400
    Ping Glide 2.0 58* w/ DG s400
    Evnroll ER1
  • Oilman83Oilman83 Houston, TXMembers Posts: 835 BST Banned

This driver is great! It beat out everything else on the monitors then translated. SS speed 105, fitted into Tensei Orange stiff, 9*. Spin rate avg. 2100-2200 rpm, 11-12* launch. Great stick!!!

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,612 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody have any comparisons , spin wise, from G410lst to m6? I may be getting one to test soon and just curious.

Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights 

• osubuckeyes691osubuckeyes691 Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 410 LST with 65 TZ6 and a M5 TZ5. 410 blows it away. Longer. More consistent flight. Easier to draw IMO. I don't have actual numbers but I do have a GC2. If I don't sell my M5 by next week I'll get you some.

@bladehunter said:
    Anybody have any comparisons , spin wise, from G410lst to m6? I may be getting one to test soon and just curious.

Ping G410 LST 9* - Accra TZ6 65 M5
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Deep Face 14* - Tensei Blue 90TX
    Ping G410 Hybrid - Aldila Tour Green ATX 105TX
    Srixon 745 4-PW - KBS C Taper 130x softstepped 1x
    Vokey 50* F Grind - KBS C Taper 130
    Vokey Wedgeworks 54V grind - KBS C Taper 130
    Taylormade Hi Toe 60 camber sole - DGTI S400
    Taylormade Spider X - Stability Shaft / SIK BAD prototype armlock
  • Oilman83Oilman83 Houston, TXMembers Posts: 835 BST Banned
    edited Jul 10, 2019 10:43am #519

I just came from an M5 and it spun around 2600 rpm with a VA Composites Drago shaft. I’m noticing 3 mph higher ball speed with the 410 lst. Plus I noticed some really weird ball flights with the “Twist Face” technology.

Post edited by Oilman83 on
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 10, 2019 3:09pm #520

For the better players that have an LST do you feel it plays close to stated loft or did they pull the higher loft than stated trick?

• LaznastyLaznasty Valparaiso, IndianaMembers Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an LST 10.5° head if anyone is interested

Ping G410+
    Taylormade M5 5wood
    Titleist 910H
    Taylormade P750 (pw, 9i, 8i)
    Taylormade P770 (7i & 6i)
    Taylormade P790 (5i & 4i)
    EPON Tour Spin Wedge 50° 54° 58°
    Lamb Crafted Camden
  • Trying4BetterTrying4Better Members Posts: 131 ✭✭✭

@johnnypro said:

@johnnypro said:

I was afraid anything that says "LST" was for a much stronger player than me, but I don't that's the case here. On Sunday, I put a couple in spots I have not visited in at least 5 years. Not selling my TS2 yet but the G410 LST is just a great driver, IMO.

Maybe this just means you needed the TS3 :smiley:

I am a high spin and 115mph ss player, who recently made the switch off of TaylorMade woods into Titleist. I found the cog to be the best in the business. I can dial in the Titleist so much more than anything else on the market. I also loved that they have an 8.5deg head, which makes the world of a difference for me from 9 deg. I hit the Ping and found it to be too spinny even in the LST version. Wasn't sold on their "adjustability." I found the movements in the Titleist to have the exact affect you think they would, where Ping and TaylorMade left me gaining in one area and losing in another. I guess to each their own, but my TS3 is a beast that is long and straight. Not trying to sway you back into Titleist, just sharing my experience.

@Trying4Better said:

@johnnypro said:

@johnnypro said:

I am a high spin and 115mph ss player, who recently made the switch off of TaylorMade woods into Titleist. I found the cog to be the best in the business. I can dial in the Titleist so much more than anything else on the market. I also loved that they have an 8.5deg head, which makes the world of a difference for me from 9 deg. I hit the Ping and found it to be too spinny even in the LST version. Wasn't sold on their "adjustability." I found the movements in the Titleist to have the exact affect you think they would, where Ping and TaylorMade left me gaining in one area and losing in another. I guess to each their own, but my TS3 is a beast that is long and straight. Not trying to sway you back into Titleist, just sharing my experience.

Funny you mention the TS3. I had one. Not for me. TS2 a much better fit FOR ME.
    That's why I'm not selling it. If and when the G410 LST honeymoon comes to an end, it's nice to have a fall-back driver.

• Trying4BetterTrying4Better Members Posts: 131 ✭✭✭

@johnnypro said:

@Trying4Better said:

@johnnypro said:

@johnnypro said:

That's why I'm not selling it. If and when the G410 LST honeymoon comes to an end, it's nice to have a fall-back driver.

What did you like better about the TS2? I found it to spin up a bit much - for me.

@Trying4Better said:

@johnnypro said:

@Trying4Better said:

@johnnypro said:

@johnnypro said:

What did you like better about the TS2? I found it to spin up a bit much - for me.

Spin, schmin.....it's just way easier to hit.
    Much more forgiving!

• denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, COMembers Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@buckeyefl said:
    For the better players that have an LST do you feel it plays close to stated loft or did they pull the higher loft than stated trick?

I hit the regular 9* 410 lower than an Epic Flash triple diamond 9* - fwiw

Callaway Epic Flash SubZero TD - 9* HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 - 70
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero - 15* HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 - 80
    TaylorMade M3 20* Hybrid, Kuro Kage XT 100TX
    Callaway Razr X MB, 4-W, PX 6.5
    Cleveland RTX 4 Raw, 52-mid, 56-mid, and 60-low
    Titleist Cameron Newport 2 Timeless 
    2019 ProV1
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@denvergolf said:

@buckeyefl said:

That helps. Thanks.

• juggernaut0629juggernaut0629 Members Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 11, 2019 2:25pm #528

@Crooksc17 said:

@Hedgehog said:

@Crooksc17 said:

@Kale_m said:

@Hedgehog said:
    I have the Tour 65X 45" and the Evenflow Black 6.0 Handcrafted tipped 0,5" and playing around 44,75". Evenflow Black still feels a bit whippy, but it likes to go straight when I mishit it off the toe, and a really good hit is maybe a bit longer than Tour shaft. But I have to say the Tour 65X is legit a good shaft, it likes to fade on me a bit more then the Evenflow.

Where have you guys ordered weights? Would love a setup of 2 weights in neutral and draw, my factory weight is 14gr, friend has the same head and he had a 12gr weight.

Golf works has the weights. But they are all pretty heavy. If you wanted a 2 weight setup the SW is going to be pretty high

I have the 12g weight in the fade spot and 10g in draw. With a playing length of 44” the SW is about D7. I bought a 5.5g weight off eBay that will replace the 12g weight to get the SW back to a D4-5 level. Hopefully will have the weight later this week

Got a link to the eBay item?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273904320880

Bought stuff from this seller before so I trust them.

I have bought from this seller as well in the past. I bought replacement 410 weights him recently as well. They are in FL, I'm in NY. Bought these thinking they'd here 3-4 days from FL. NOPE.....tracking shows that the package left FL then went to CA. Just left CA to go to NY. I've shipped plenty to and from CA....it will be 5 days before I see this package. I just don't understand how USPS works anymore. To get a package from FL to NY it has to go to CA first? Or maybe it has to do with seller? Idk. I didn't have this issue last time I dealt with the seller.

Ping G LST 9*
    Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
    X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
    Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
    Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*
  • t4t3rt4t3r Members Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@juggernaut0629 said:

@Crooksc17 said:

@Hedgehog said:

@Crooksc17 said:

@Kale_m said:

@Hedgehog said:
    I have the Tour 65X 45" and the Evenflow Black 6.0 Handcrafted tipped 0,5" and playing around 44,75". Evenflow Black still feels a bit whippy, but it likes to go straight when I mishit it off the toe, and a really good hit is maybe a bit longer than Tour shaft. But I have to say the Tour 65X is legit a good shaft, it likes to fade on me a bit more then the Evenflow.

Where have you guys ordered weights? Would love a setup of 2 weights in neutral and draw, my factory weight is 14gr, friend has the same head and he had a 12gr weight.

Golf works has the weights. But they are all pretty heavy. If you wanted a 2 weight setup the SW is going to be pretty high

I have the 12g weight in the fade spot and 10g in draw. With a playing length of 44” the SW is about D7. I bought a 5.5g weight off eBay that will replace the 12g weight to get the SW back to a D4-5 level. Hopefully will have the weight later this week

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273904320880

I have bought from this seller as well in the past. I bought replacement 410 weights him recently as well. They are in FL, I'm in NY. Bought these thinking they'd here 3-4 days from FL. NOPE.....tracking shows that the package left FL then went to CA. Just left CA to go to NY. I've shipped plenty to and from CA....it will be 5 days before I see this package. I just don't understand how USPS works anymore. To get a package from FL to NY it has to go to CA first? Or maybe it has to do with seller? Idk. I didn't have this issue last time I dealt with the seller.

I’ve bought many adapters from this seller and never had that issue. Always ships within a day or so and reaches me in the DC area as fast as First Class can go. Sounds like some sort of mid-sort by USPS. We all know how reliable they are. :)

Taylormade M3 440 10* - Tensei Pro Blue 60tx
    Titleist TS2 16.5* - TBD
    TBD
    Callaway 2013 X-Forged 5-PW - Nippon Modus 130
    Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 54.11 - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
    Callaway PM Grind 60.10 - DG Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Milspec 350g
  • Pleasedwith3puttsPleasedwith3putts Members Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@t4t3r said:

@juggernaut0629 said:

@Crooksc17 said:

@Hedgehog said:

@Crooksc17 said:

@Kale_m said:

@Hedgehog said:

I’ve bought many adapters from this seller and never had that issue. Always ships within a day or so and reaches me in the DC area as fast as First Class can go. Sounds like some sort of mid-sort by USPS. We all know how reliable they are. :)

I've not only bought from him numerous times, I actually met the guy while I was in Fort Lauderdale on a trip as it was quicker than hoping the post would turn up on time. No hesitation in buying from him.

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I never thought of two weights. Current driver running E0 so this could a good solution. Have extra 410 tips to try on some of my other aftermarket shafts as well. Thinking Aldila NL 60x and Blueboard 53x to start
    FWIW .... My club delayed and now due here in 2 weeks. Total bummer

Ping G400 LST 11.5* Aldila RIP Phenom 50tx
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* Aldila NVS 75x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17.5* NVS 85x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Catalyst 70s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping Blueprints 6i-PW DG xp115 x100 p-spec org dot
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grinds 50*, 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Scotty X7m
  • Deuce78Deuce78 Members Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 11, 2019 11:56pm #532

I'd be careful with some of the aftermarket tips, I got some 410 off Ebay and they clearly did not reach the top and bottom of the adjustment windows like the OEM ping ones do that come with the club.

TM M5 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.5
    PING G410 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5 
    PING G410 17.5 HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5
    Nike vapor fly pro 2 iron black tie 105x
    MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/5-7-965 combo/MP63/iblade 3-PW
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD/black Glides
    NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x/Steelfiber 125x
    Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK/custom Arm Locks-Scotty, Odyssey, TM
    edited Jul 12, 2019 4:48pm #533

Tracking shows its out for delivery. Shocking but extremely weird that the package went from FL to CA then to NY. I don't think it's the seller, as stated I didn't have any issues dealing with him before. I don't understand USPS thinking, but on the outside. & from the outside it doesn't seem make sense.

Ping G LST 9*
    Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*
  • Kev-Golfnut61Kev-Golfnut61 Big Sexy ClubWRX Posts: 724 ClubWRX

@buckeyefl said:

I have the 10.5 and feel like it plays that or just a bit lower. That may be because of the low spin. Love mine.

• sbjinxsbjinx Orange CountyMembers Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@denvergolf said:

@buckeyefl said:

How does the TD compare to the 410. I hit my buddies 410 today and based on one swing I was pretty impressed.

Callaway Epic SZ - Project X Smoke
    TM M2 15* - Diamana S Ltd
    Callaway Apex - 19*
    Bridgestone J15 - 4-PW
    Titleist SM7 - 52* & 58*
    Spider X

• medicimedici Members Posts: 34 ✭✭

Are these available as an upcharge through ping?

@endy said:

@drvrwdge said:
    Initial impressions for me with the LST are just absolutely WOW!! I made a shaft change as well but the LST with the new rogue silver 130 60TX Seems to be giving me higher launch and visibly less spin than my 410+ Fuji Evo IV 661 combo. Will test on course tomorrow but it looked to be carrying about 10 yards farther and just wants to go straight or fall right a little.

I’m torn right now between the Rogue Silver 130 MSI 70TX and AD VR 7X. They both seem like they are made for the G410 Head !!

• 3 Jack Par3 Jack Par I only answer to "Ace" now Members, ClubWRX Posts: 6,134 ClubWRX

I’ve been playing around with some different settings, and the 130 MSI Rogue Silver 70TX with the weight in the neutral position with the adapter in the flat -1* setting (9* head) seems to be the most playable. I had been using it with the weight in the Draw setting, but found that tended to go left on me (I generally play a fade). I’m really loving this head/shaft combo, though. The 3 wood is even better than the driver.

Ping G410 LST 9* (set to 8* Flat), Aldila Rogue Silver 130 70TX
    Ping G410 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Aldila Rogue Silver 130 80TX
    Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) HZRDUS Black 85X (or Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x)
    Scratch SB-1 3-PW, Nippon Modus3 120x
    Titleist Vokey Forged 52F & 58K, Nippon Modus3 125 Wedge,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200 (sometimes)
    Byron Morgan B-17, Blue oil finish, 35"
    WITB Link
  • Kale_mKale_m Members Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have a quick range session and 1 round on my g410+ and the Fuji pro 2.0 TS 6x. Need a good range session to get it tuned in. Potential though

Ping g410 plus 8* 1 flat Fuji pro 2.0 Ts 6x
    Titleist TS3 16.5* evenflow white t1100 6.5 75g
    Ping g410 19* hybrid 
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 34” navy with true path alignment
  • t4t3rt4t3r Members Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@3 Jack Par said:
    I’ve been playing around with some different settings, and the 130 MSI Rogue Silver 70TX with the weight in the neutral position with the adapter in the flat -1* setting (9* head) seems to be the most playable. I had been using it with the weight in the Draw setting, but found that tended to go left on me (I generally play a fade). I’m really loving this head/shaft combo, though. The 3 wood is even better than the driver.

LST 3W or the regular head?

Taylormade M3 440 10* - Tensei Pro Blue 60tx
    Titleist TS2 16.5* - TBD
    TBD
    Callaway 2013 X-Forged 5-PW - Nippon Modus 130
    Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 54.11 - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
    Callaway PM Grind 60.10 - DG Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Milspec 350g
  • 3 Jack Par3 Jack Par I only answer to "Ace" now Members, ClubWRX Posts: 6,134 ClubWRX

@t4t3r said:

@3 Jack Par said:

LST 3W or the regular head?

LST—it instantly kicked out my M2 Tour, which I had liked quite a bit

Ping G410 LST 9* (set to 8* Flat), Aldila Rogue Silver 130 70TX
    Ping G410 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Aldila Rogue Silver 130 80TX
    Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) HZRDUS Black 85X (or Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x)
    Scratch SB-1 3-PW, Nippon Modus3 120x
    Titleist Vokey Forged 52F & 58K, Nippon Modus3 125 Wedge,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200 (sometimes)
    Byron Morgan B-17, Blue oil finish, 35"
    WITB Link
    edited Jul 13, 2019 2:33am #541

Hit my LST yesterday with evenflow set standard loft (9*) with 12g weight in middle only. Set at D6.5 swingweight. Was hitting draws & hooks. I was a bit handsy. When didn't get over handsy I pounded the ball. Just absolute bullets with LST. I'll probably posting the 410+ on BST when gets back Ping. Only thing I've noticed is when you miss the SS on the LST, it feels a bit more harsh & let's know you missed it. The 410+ covers up the miss better in terms of feel. However both drivers a playable when miss. Distance on a miss with LST is further though.

Ping G LST 9*
    Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file