Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

stasek

How about round 3..... seems like nobody “wants” to create a new thread, round 2 has fallen off the first page AND has 11k+ posts....

SO..... here we go! Not tomorrow, but next round coming up at George Dunne on Saturday.

Hit away!!!!

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

Blackstone on Fri/Sat for the McHenry Co. Am tourney.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

It's not that the thread has lost popularity, I think it's just that there is an error that the thread is not updating on the page corresponding to the date/time of the last post.

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Edit; looks like its working again

2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

sorry, completely out of it.

didn't realize this was the new thread.

maybe the old thread was too big for it to update correctly.

TM TP5x

Mt Prospect tonite

TM TP5x

DP you should play in it. The tourney director is still filling spots.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

Upcoming rounds through the weekend include Sunset Ridge tomorrow, Arrowhead on Saturday and Veteran's Memorial (formerly WIllow Glen) on Sunday. That'll make 27 rounds this year as of July 14, compared to only 16 rounds through mid-July last year. Hoping to get to 60+ this year, which will put me back in the pre-marriage/kids range.

Yeah, I noticed the name change on Willow Glen. Curious when they did that.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @Symphonize said:

> Supposed to hit up Prairie Isle on Saturday but my playing partner had to go to the ER last night and had some blood clots in his leg. Not DVT’s and just put him on aspirin, but not sure what his status will be for Saturday

Played Prairie Isle on Sunday. Course is in excellent shape.

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo Belly No Belly

> @TheBear95 said:

> > @Symphonize said:

> > Supposed to hit up Prairie Isle on Saturday but my playing partner had to go to the ER last night and had some blood clots in his leg. Not DVT’s and just put him on aspirin, but not sure what his status will be for Saturday

>

> Played Prairie Isle on Sunday. Course is in excellent shape.

It doesn't get enough love for the layout. Very unique...lots of undulation to the fairways and it doesn't seem to get a ton of play. They need to figure out how to incorporate a range into the facility.

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @TheBear95 said:

> > > @Symphonize said:

> > > Supposed to hit up Prairie Isle on Saturday but my playing partner had to go to the ER last night and had some blood clots in his leg. Not DVT’s and just put him on aspirin, but not sure what his status will be for Saturday

> >

> > Played Prairie Isle on Sunday. Course is in excellent shape.

>

> It doesn't get enough love for the layout. Very unique...lots of undulation to the fairways and it doesn't seem to get a ton of play. They need to figure out how to incorporate a range into the facility.

Big fan of the course. The conditioning has been solid each time I've gone there and I like the mostly parkland layout. To be honest, I prefer PI over it's more popular neighbors, Foxford Hills and Chalet Hills.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo Belly No Belly

> @TheBear95 said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > @TheBear95 said:

> > > > @Symphonize said:

> > > > Supposed to hit up Prairie Isle on Saturday but my playing partner had to go to the ER last night and had some blood clots in his leg. Not DVT’s and just put him on aspirin, but not sure what his status will be for Saturday

> > >

> > > Played Prairie Isle on Sunday. Course is in excellent shape.

> >

> > It doesn't get enough love for the layout. Very unique...lots of undulation to the fairways and it doesn't seem to get a ton of play. They need to figure out how to incorporate a range into the facility.

>

> Big fan of the course. The conditioning has been solid each time I've gone there and I like the mostly parkland layout. To be honest, I prefer PI over it's more popular neighbors, Foxford Hills and Chalet Hills.

The location isn’t ideal as Prairie Grove is kind of in no-man’s land as far as toll road/highway access is concerned. Of course, Foxford and Chalet Hills are 5 minutes away and the former isn’t hurting for business while the latter has nearly constant league play. I wish it got more love because I like to see successful courses, but the current value there is so good ($29 after 12:00 on weekends; $23 after 3:00 on weekends) that I selfishly don’t want it to get TOO popular.

• Like 1

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Just got back from 54 holes down in the Indianapolis area, I put a full report on the main page. Great two days but damn my back didn't hold up and the heat was brutal.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @mci711 said:

> > @MountainKing said:

> > Just got back from 54 holes down in the Indianapolis area, I put a full report on the main page. Great two days but **** my back didn't hold up and the heat was brutal.

>

> How was Joliet GC when you went there recently - condition wise?

Good, greens rolled nice, fairways were firm and fast.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @"Holy Moses" said:

> > Highlands of Elgin today. Should be the firmest it has played in some time.

>

> They seem to put a lot of water on the course and sometimes the front of greens are soft. Will be interested to hear about the conditions.

That is my one disappointment with the course. I play there expecting firm and fast conditions, which I think it is laid out for, but every time it is soft and over watered. Last time it hadn't rained in I don't know how long and I had a mud ball just about anytime I hit a fairway.

> @mci711 said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > @"Holy Moses" said:

> > > Highlands of Elgin today. Should be the firmest it has played in some time.

> >

> > They seem to put a lot of water on the course and sometimes the front of greens are soft. Will be interested to hear about the conditions.

>

> That is my one disappointment with the course. I play there expecting firm and fast conditions, which I think it is laid out for, but every time it is soft and over watered. Last time it hadn't rained in I don't know how long and I had a mud ball just about anytime I hit a fairway.

They have a great course, practice area, etc. They run it well, too. It seems as though they think the course has to be plush green to be enjoyable. A true links course really isn't supposed to be green everywhere. It's supposed to be as nature "manages" it with some limitations. You've got to keep the greens alive and not let them get to the point of being fast and unmanageable but I'd be OK if the course faded a bit. Makes it even more linksy, if that's a word.

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @mci711 said:

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > @"Holy Moses" said:

> > > > Highlands of Elgin today. Should be the firmest it has played in some time.

> > >

> > > They seem to put a lot of water on the course and sometimes the front of greens are soft. Will be interested to hear about the conditions.

> >

> > That is my one disappointment with the course. I play there expecting firm and fast conditions, which I think it is laid out for, but every time it is soft and over watered. Last time it hadn't rained in I don't know how long and I had a mud ball just about anytime I hit a fairway.

>

> They have a great course, practice area, etc. They run it well, too. It seems as though they think the course has to be plush green to be enjoyable. A true links course really isn't supposed to be green everywhere. It's supposed to be as nature "manages" it with some limitations. You've got to keep the greens alive and not let them get to the point of being fast and unmanageable but I'd be OK if the course faded a bit. Makes it even more linksy, if that's a word.

Completely agree. It's like their superintendent is scared to let it get firm.

Highlands of Elgin falls under the Elgin Park District. My guess is if they made it firm and fast it would generally mean more brown as well, which to the uneducated golfer might make it look like it wasn't being maintained properly, and to the less experienced golfer more difficult to play, both of which would likely lead to taxpayers complaining about tax dollar usage. As it currently is they water the heck out of it, but it looks amazing all the time to the residents that show up to eat at the Grumpy Goat so they think it's being run well, the Super remains in good standing, as does the head of the park district, and the town doesn't have to answer a ton of questions and complaints. Works for everybody. Just my own speculation, no evidence behind it.

• Like 1

> @VNutz said:

> Highlands of Elgin falls under the Elgin Park District. My guess is if they made it firm and fast it would generally mean more brown as well, which to the uneducated golfer might make it look like it wasn't being maintained properly, and to the less experienced golfer more difficult to play, both of which would likely lead to taxpayers complaining about tax dollar usage. As it currently is they water the heck out of it, but it looks amazing all the time to the residents that show up to eat at the Grumpy Goat so they think it's being run well, the Super remains in good standing, as does the head of the park district, and the town doesn't have to answer a ton of questions and complaints. Works for everybody. Just my own speculation, no evidence behind it.

Good points! Everything always comes down to money. I can't wait to play in Scotland next month and experience true firm and fast.

> @VNutz said:

> Highlands of Elgin falls under the Elgin Park District. My guess is if they made it firm and fast it would generally mean more brown as well, which to the uneducated golfer might make it look like it wasn't being maintained properly, and to the less experienced golfer more difficult to play, both of which would likely lead to taxpayers complaining about tax dollar usage. As it currently is they water the heck out of it, but it looks amazing all the time to the residents that show up to eat at the Grumpy Goat so they think it's being run well, the Super remains in good standing, as does the head of the park district, and the town doesn't have to answer a ton of questions and complaints. Works for everybody. Just my own speculation, no evidence behind it.

I'm sure this is spot-on. This is emblematic of golf in general - at least in the US - where people see on TV all the lush green courses regularly played by the PGA tour. That has to color the general golfing public's perception of what a quality golf course should look like, so anything leaning towards brownish hues is probably thought of as poor condition.

> @mci711 said:

> > @VNutz said:

> > Highlands of Elgin falls under the Elgin Park District. My guess is if they made it firm and fast it would generally mean more brown as well, which to the uneducated golfer might make it look like it wasn't being maintained properly, and to the less experienced golfer more difficult to play, both of which would likely lead to taxpayers complaining about tax dollar usage. As it currently is they water the heck out of it, but it looks amazing all the time to the residents that show up to eat at the Grumpy Goat so they think it's being run well, the Super remains in good standing, as does the head of the park district, and the town doesn't have to answer a ton of questions and complaints. Works for everybody. Just my own speculation, no evidence behind it.

>

> Good points! Everything always comes down to money. I can't wait to play in Scotland next month and experience true firm and fast.

Jealous!!