GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

What do you want to see in the next Ping i series iron?

2»

Comments

• matchavezmatchavez Aotearoa New ZealandUnregistered  4286WRX Points: 380Posts: 4,286 Titanium Tees

Well, since no one is finding blueprints hard to hit, they may be rethinking strategies. It's a shift; if you consider that "game improvement" has been all about making huge faces, and that those huge faces don't translate to mid-cap or better, the "s" and "i" offerings might be up for debate in how they've been perceived and selected. Most people would tell you that high caps could play I-series clubs within reason, and pros also play I-series clubs. So maybe there is no need for both s & i? Maybe the I series does trim down in the same way the G series also has?

Posted:

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • TServosTServos Members  515WRX Points: 194Posts: 515 Golden Tee

I still have the i20’s and don’t see any reason to change.

Posted:
    Ping
  • ForeleftForeleft Members  2260WRX Points: 353Posts: 2,260 Platinum Tees

On -, @matchavez said:

Well, since no one is finding blueprints hard to hit, they may be rethinking strategies. It's a shift; if you consider that "game improvement" has been all about making huge faces, and that those huge faces don't translate to mid-cap or better, the "s" and "i" offerings might be up for debate in how they've been perceived and selected. Most people would tell you that high caps could play I-series clubs within reason, and pros also play I-series clubs. So maybe there is no need for both s & i? Maybe the I series does trim down in the same way the G series also has?

I have thought for a while that Ping might attempt to merge the S and i series into one. If they reduced the offset in the longer end of the i series, it would be pretty close, as the scoring irons are pretty similar in size and offset._

Posted:
  • ForeleftForeleft Members  2260WRX Points: 353Posts: 2,260 Platinum Tees

Following up on my last post, if Ping took a page from the Mizuno playbook, they would have the G410 long irons merge seamlessly with i210 mid irons and Blueprint or iBlades. A mixed set of Ping irons today is a mish mash.

Posted:
  • NailedItNailedIt Members  123WRX Points: 103Handicap: 4.4Posts: 123 Fairways

Imho Ping I series are always a great set of irons that combine both forgiveness and somewhat "player" looks. My only gripe would be too much offset in the long irons. So I guess I would like to see a little less offset and I think it's a no brainier to offer a stealth finish in this series of irons. With the wedges being such a hit I'm not sure what's taking them so long to produce a set.

Posted:
  • thigosthigos El Paso, TXClubWRX  321WRX Points: 107Handicap: 3.1Posts: 321 ClubWRX

On -, @NailedIt said:

My only gripe would be too much offset in the long irons.

Agreed 100%. Doesn't make sense to me that the i210 has more offset than the i500, being that the 210 is presumed for the better player. We'll see if I can keep from buying the MP20 HMB set long enough to find out what's coming with the new i-series.

Posted:
    G400 Max 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x
    M4 16.5* - Tour AD-IZ 7s
    MP20 HMB (3,4) LZ 6.0
    MP20 MMC (5-P) LZ 6.0
    Mizuno S18 - 52 & 58
    Vokey SM6 - 62* M
    StrokeLab Double Wide F - 35"
    Srixon Z Star XV

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • T.B.T.B. Members  326WRX Points: 111Handicap: 10Posts: 326 Greens

I really enjoy my i20s. I’m not changing them either. I’ve tried each ping i series release and nothing beats them

__>

On -, @TServos said:

On -, @TServos said:

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.