How do I unsubscribe from a thread I have posted in?

scott_Donald ·  
scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers  2761WRX Points: 348Posts: 2,761 Titanium Tees

I understand the bookmarking etc now but unsure once I have posted and the thread gets beyond my interest, how do I stop getting replies and emails about it?

Posted:
  • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
  • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
  • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
  • Artisan 46*, 50* C taper X
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Comments

• Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers  25085WRX Points: 1,647Posts: 25,085 Titanium Tees

Good question. I haven't found any way but would certainly be interested in that capability.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SheriffBoothSheriffBooth Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods  4507WRX Points: 295Handicap: 4.0Posts: 4,507 Marshals

You can go into your Notification Preferences under Edit Profile and turn off notifications for comments on your bookmarked discussions, as well as notifications for comments on discussions that you've started. It's not so granular that you can pick and choose individual threads, it's a global on/off.

Posted:
    Taylormade M6, 9.0*, Hzrdus Smoke 60 S
    Taylormade M5, 15*, Hzrdus Smoke 70 S
    Callaway Apex 19 3H & 4H, Catalyst S
    Honma TW 747V, 5-10, Pro Modus 3 105 +1"
    Taylormade MG 50 Recoil 110 F4 +1"
    Taylormade MG2 56, 60 Recoil 110 F4 +1"
    Odyssey EXO 2-ball
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers  2761WRX Points: 348Posts: 2,761 Titanium Tees

dam, rather it be like the olden golden days of GolfWrx and be able to just click to unsubscribe.

frustrating, this and emails are the only two things that are annoying me now.

Posted:
    • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6910WRX Points: 1,235Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 6,910 Titanium Tees

On -, @scott_Donald said:

dam, rather it be like the olden golden days of GolfWrx and be able to just click to unsubscribe.

Subscribing/UNsubscribing is not the same as your threads "participated in" (or not).

I believe even on the old board threads you participated in were still included in "My posts" (or whatever it was called).

Posted:
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers  2761WRX Points: 348Posts: 2,761 Titanium Tees

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @scott_Donald said:

Subscribing/UNsubscribing is not the same as your threads "participated in" (or not).

I believe even on the old board threads you participated in were still included in "My posts" (or whatever it was called).

Sorry I mean unsubscribe after posting in the thread.

so frustrating that you can't.

Posted:
    • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • SocratesSocrates Warning Points 1+ WinnipegClubWRX  10208WRX Points: 1,109Handicap: 4ishPosts: 10,208 ClubWRX

You used to be able to go back and delete all your posts in a thread. You can no longer do that. It does make me think twice about replying to a thread though if I think it's going to be one of those that goes on for about 50 pages.

Posted:
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
    MCC Align Midsize

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

On -, @Socrates said:

You used to be able to go back and delete all your posts in a thread. You can no longer do that. It does make me think twice about replying to a thread though if I think it's going to be one of those that goes on for about 50 pages.

Agreed!

Posted:
    • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6910WRX Points: 1,235Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 6,910 Titanium Tees

On -, @Socrates said:

Frankly I don't think you should be able to delete or even edit anything. If you hit post, that's IT. You "said" it. So own it.

Would make people actually think before they post. Radical concept I know but,,,,,,,,, LOL

Posted:
  • SocratesSocrates Warning Points 1+ WinnipegClubWRX  10208WRX Points: 1,109Handicap: 4ishPosts: 10,208 ClubWRX

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @Socrates said:

Frankly I don't think you should be able to delete or even edit anything. If you hit post, that's IT. You "said" it. So own it.

Would make people actually think before they post. Radical concept I know but,,,,,,,,, LOL

It often isn't about what was said. Quite often I go in and change a grammatical error or make something a little clearer. Also, it is **** annoying when you post in a thread that should die in about 15 or 20 post and goes on for 40+ pages. "What's up with Jordan" for example. My god people, just move on!!

Edit: Really? Ddamn is a censored word?

Posted:
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
    MCC Align Midsize

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.