GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Ping's new G410 LST driver

Comments

• matchavezmatchavez Aotearoa New ZealandUnregistered  4286WRX Points: 380Posts: 4,286 Titanium Tees

Maybe I’m wrong, but if you backweight the crap out of an LST, aren’t you just making it a spinny head? I mean, I could see where you might go with a couple of 4g on the outsides instead of an 8…

Posted:

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • johnnyprojohnnypro Lynbrook, nyMembers  1910WRX Points: 157Handicap: 14.5Posts: 1,910 Platinum Tees

On -, @johnnypro said:

Picked mine up yesterday.
    10.5, Tensei Orange stiff, 45.25"
    Just a range session but so far, so good....especially liked sound and feel.
    Will it kick my TS2 out of the bag?
    We'll see. That's a tall order.

Two rounds now and, yes, it has kicked the TS2 out of the bag.
    I love the look, the feel, the sound, the distance, the forgiveness.
    I was afraid anything that says "LST" was for a much stronger player than me, but I don't that's the case here. On Sunday, I put a couple in spots I have not visited in at least 5 years. Not selling my TS2 yet but the G410 LST is just a great driver, IMO.

Posted:
  • johnnybogeyjohnnybogey Members  1926WRX Points: 152Posts: 1,926 Platinum Tees

Can someone explain what the flat setting does? I understand when using irons and going to a flatter lie and its affect but I not so sure with driver.
    Thanks

Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* Accra TZ5
    Ping G10 15* hybrid
    Ping G10 21* hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-AW Recoil 95 Prototype
    TM Hi Toe 54*
    TM Hi Toe 58*
    Directed Force 2.1
    WITB Link
  • OknowsOknows Members  1275WRX Points: 119Posts: 1,275 Platinum Tees

Curious if there is a lot of forgiveness/stability benefit from separating the weight with two weights. Currently have a 16g in the draw setting. Thinking about splitting that across the back if there is a benefit outside of swing weight. Thanks.

Posted:
    Post edited by Oknows on
    Titleist TS3 w/ Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757 TS
    Taylormade M6 15 w/ Proforce V2 8F5
    Ping G 18* w/ Tour 80
    Taylormade M6 4H w/ KBS Hybrid
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC 5-PW w/ Project X 6.0
    Mizuno S18 50* w/ Project X 6.0
    Cleveland CBX 2.0 54* w/ DG TI s400
    Cleveland RTX 4 xlow 58* w/ DG TI s400
    SC Circa 62 #3
  • Oilman83Oilman83 Houston, TXMembers  837WRX Points: 84Posts: 837 BST Banned

This driver is great! It beat out everything else on the monitors then translated. SS speed 105, fitted into Tensei Orange stiff, 9*. Spin rate avg. 2100-2200 rpm, 11-12* launch. Great stick!!!

Posted:
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,193Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees

Anybody have any comparisons , spin wise, from G410lst to m6? I may be getting one to test soon and just curious.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • osubuckeyes691osubuckeyes691 Columbus, OHMembers  1239WRX Points: 380Handicap: 1.9Posts: 1,239 Platinum Tees

I have a 410 LST with 65 TZ6 and a M5 TZ5. 410 blows it away. Longer. More consistent flight. Easier to draw IMO. I don't have actual numbers but I do have a GC2. If I don't sell my M5 by next week I'll get you some.

On -, @bladehunter said:

Anybody have any comparisons , spin wise, from G410lst to m6? I may be getting one to test soon and just curious.
    Posted:
    Taylormade SIM 8* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
    Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Fujikura Ventus 7x
    Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus 7x
    Srixon 745 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 - SST Pure
    Ping Glide 3.0 - 50SS, 54SS, 60Eye2
    Taylormade Spider X Tour - Stability Tour - Evnroll Gravity Grip   /   Yes! Sally12 Long Putter / Yes! Sally12 Std - Evnroll Gravity Grip
  • Oilman83Oilman83 Houston, TXMembers  837WRX Points: 84Posts: 837 BST Banned

I just came from an M5 and it spun around 2600 rpm with a VA Composites Drago shaft. I’m noticing 3 mph higher ball speed with the 410 lst. Plus I noticed some really weird ball flights with the “Twist Face” technology.

Posted:
    Post edited by Oilman83 on
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members  6106WRX Points: 1,101Posts: 6,106 Titanium Tees

For the better players that have an LST do you feel it plays close to stated loft or did they pull the higher loft than stated trick?

Posted:
  • LaznastyLaznasty The Amazing Golf Ball Whacker Guy Valparaiso, IndianaMembers  821WRX Points: 254Posts: 821 Golden Tee

I have an LST 10.5° head if anyone is interested

Posted:
    Ping G410+ -- VA Nemesys
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 5W -- AD-DI 70x
    PXG 0317x 22° -- Nippon G.O.S.T.
    PXG 0311P 4-Gw --Nippon Modus 120x
    EPON Tour Spin Wedge 54° 58° -- shimada tour wedge
    Lamb Crafted Camden -- BGT Stability Tour
  • Trying4BetterTrying4Better Members  233WRX Points: 86Handicap: 13Posts: 233 Fairways

On -, @johnnypro said:

On -, @johnnypro said:

I was afraid anything that says "LST" was for a much stronger player than me, but I don't that's the case here. On Sunday, I put a couple in spots I have not visited in at least 5 years. Not selling my TS2 yet but the G410 LST is just a great driver, IMO.

Maybe this just means you needed the TS3 :smiley:

I am a high spin and 115mph ss player, who recently made the switch off of TaylorMade woods into Titleist. I found the cog to be the best in the business. I can dial in the Titleist so much more than anything else on the market. I also loved that they have an 8.5deg head, which makes the world of a difference for me from 9 deg. I hit the Ping and found it to be too spinny even in the LST version. Wasn't sold on their "adjustability." I found the movements in the Titleist to have the exact affect you think they would, where Ping and TaylorMade left me gaining in one area and losing in another. I guess to each their own, but my TS3 is a beast that is long and straight. Not trying to sway you back into Titleist, just sharing my experience.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • johnnyprojohnnypro Lynbrook, nyMembers  1910WRX Points: 157Handicap: 14.5Posts: 1,910 Platinum Tees

On -, @Trying4Better said:

On -, @johnnypro said:

On -, @johnnypro said:

I am a high spin and 115mph ss player, who recently made the switch off of TaylorMade woods into Titleist. I found the cog to be the best in the business. I can dial in the Titleist so much more than anything else on the market. I also loved that they have an 8.5deg head, which makes the world of a difference for me from 9 deg. I hit the Ping and found it to be too spinny even in the LST version. Wasn't sold on their "adjustability." I found the movements in the Titleist to have the exact affect you think they would, where Ping and TaylorMade left me gaining in one area and losing in another. I guess to each their own, but my TS3 is a beast that is long and straight. Not trying to sway you back into Titleist, just sharing my experience.

Funny you mention the TS3. I had one. Not for me. TS2 a much better fit FOR ME.
    That's why I'm not selling it. If and when the G410 LST honeymoon comes to an end, it's nice to have a fall-back driver.

Posted:
  • Trying4BetterTrying4Better Members  233WRX Points: 86Handicap: 13Posts: 233 Fairways

On -, @johnnypro said:

On -, @johnnypro said:

On -, @johnnypro said:

That's why I'm not selling it. If and when the G410 LST honeymoon comes to an end, it's nice to have a fall-back driver.

What did you like better about the TS2? I found it to spin up a bit much - for me.

Posted:

On -, @johnnypro said:

On -, @johnnypro said:

On -, @johnnypro said:

What did you like better about the TS2? I found it to spin up a bit much - for me.

Spin, schmin.....it's just way easier to hit.
    Much more forgiving!

Posted:
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, COMembers  1711WRX Points: 524Handicap: 1.2Posts: 1,711 Platinum Tees

On -, @buckeyefl said:

For the better players that have an LST do you feel it plays close to stated loft or did they pull the higher loft than stated trick?

I hit the regular 9* 410 lower than an Epic Flash triple diamond 9* - fwiw

Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM, 9*, MRC Tensei Pro White - 70TX
    TaylorMade SIM TI, 15*, MRC Tensei Pro White - 80TX
    Callaway UT 3i, PX 6.0
    TaylorMade P7-TW, 4i-PW, DGTI X100
    Callaway Jaws MD5 raw 52S, 56S, 60T, DG TI S400
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members  6106WRX Points: 1,101Posts: 6,106 Titanium Tees

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @buckeyefl said:

That helps. Thanks.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • juggernaut0629juggernaut0629 Members  1067WRX Points: 116Posts: 1,067 Platinum Tees

On -, @Crooksc17 said:

On -, @Hedgehog said:

On -, @Crooksc17 said:

On -, @Kale_m said:

On -, @Hedgehog said:

I have the Tour 65X 45" and the Evenflow Black 6.0 Handcrafted tipped 0,5" and playing around 44,75". Evenflow Black still feels a bit whippy, but it likes to go straight when I mishit it off the toe, and a really good hit is maybe a bit longer than Tour shaft. But I have to say the Tour 65X is legit a good shaft, it likes to fade on me a bit more then the Evenflow.

Where have you guys ordered weights? Would love a setup of 2 weights in neutral and draw, my factory weight is 14gr, friend has the same head and he had a 12gr weight.

Golf works has the weights. But they are all pretty heavy. If you wanted a 2 weight setup the SW is going to be pretty high

I have the 12g weight in the fade spot and 10g in draw. With a playing length of 44” the SW is about D7. I bought a 5.5g weight off eBay that will replace the 12g weight to get the SW back to a D4-5 level. Hopefully will have the weight later this week

Got a link to the eBay item?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273904320880

Bought stuff from this seller before so I trust them.

I have bought from this seller as well in the past. I bought replacement 410 weights him recently as well. They are in FL, I'm in NY. Bought these thinking they'd here 3-4 days from FL. NOPE.....tracking shows that the package left FL then went to CA. Just left CA to go to NY. I've shipped plenty to and from CA....it will be 5 days before I see this package. I just don't understand how USPS works anymore. To get a package from FL to NY it has to go to CA first? Or maybe it has to do with seller? Idk. I didn't have this issue last time I dealt with the seller.

Posted:
    Ping G LST 9*
    Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
    X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
    Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
    Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*
  • t4t3rt4t3r Members  3092WRX Points: 409Posts: 3,092 Titanium Tees

On -, @juggernaut0629 said:

On -, @Crooksc17 said:

On -, @Hedgehog said:

On -, @Crooksc17 said:

On -, @Kale_m said:

On -, @Hedgehog said:

I have the Tour 65X 45" and the Evenflow Black 6.0 Handcrafted tipped 0,5" and playing around 44,75". Evenflow Black still feels a bit whippy, but it likes to go straight when I mishit it off the toe, and a really good hit is maybe a bit longer than Tour shaft. But I have to say the Tour 65X is legit a good shaft, it likes to fade on me a bit more then the Evenflow.

Where have you guys ordered weights? Would love a setup of 2 weights in neutral and draw, my factory weight is 14gr, friend has the same head and he had a 12gr weight.

Golf works has the weights. But they are all pretty heavy. If you wanted a 2 weight setup the SW is going to be pretty high

I have the 12g weight in the fade spot and 10g in draw. With a playing length of 44” the SW is about D7. I bought a 5.5g weight off eBay that will replace the 12g weight to get the SW back to a D4-5 level. Hopefully will have the weight later this week

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273904320880

I have bought from this seller as well in the past. I bought replacement 410 weights him recently as well. They are in FL, I'm in NY. Bought these thinking they'd here 3-4 days from FL. NOPE.....tracking shows that the package left FL then went to CA. Just left CA to go to NY. I've shipped plenty to and from CA....it will be 5 days before I see this package. I just don't understand how USPS works anymore. To get a package from FL to NY it has to go to CA first? Or maybe it has to do with seller? Idk. I didn't have this issue last time I dealt with the seller.

I’ve bought many adapters from this seller and never had that issue. Always ships within a day or so and reaches me in the DC area as fast as First Class can go. Sounds like some sort of mid-sort by USPS. We all know how reliable they are. :)

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
    Callaway 816 Alpha 14* - Mitsubishi Diamana B 80x
    TBD
    Bridgestone J40 CB 4-PW - DG Tour Issue AMT X100
    Bridgestone J15 50.08 - DG Tour Issue S400
    Callaway MD4 54.10S - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
    Taylormade Milled Grind 58.12 - DG Wedge
    Taylormade Spider X
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • Pleasedwith3puttsPleasedwith3putts Members  1758WRX Points: 139Posts: 1,758 Platinum Tees

On -, @t4t3r said:

On -, @juggernaut0629 said:

On -, @Crooksc17 said:

On -, @Hedgehog said:

On -, @Crooksc17 said:

On -, @Kale_m said:

On -, @Hedgehog said:

I’ve bought many adapters from this seller and never had that issue. Always ships within a day or so and reaches me in the DC area as fast as First Class can go. Sounds like some sort of mid-sort by USPS. We all know how reliable they are. :)

I've not only bought from him numerous times, I actually met the guy while I was in Fort Lauderdale on a trip as it was quicker than hoping the post would turn up on time. No hesitation in buying from him.

Posted:
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  13915WRX Points: 2,732Handicap: 0.9 >< 3.8Posts: 13,915 Titanium Tees

I never thought of two weights. Current driver running E0 so this could a good solution. Have extra 410 tips to try on some of my other aftermarket shafts as well. Thinking Aldila NL 60x and Blueboard 53x to start
    FWIW .... My club delayed and now due here in 2 weeks. Total bummer

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Blueboard Matte 53x
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* Blueboard OG 63x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard Ion 73x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Kuro Kage 80s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Kuro Kage 90s
    Callaway Apex UT 30* AD DI 105x
    Mizuno 919t 6-PW UST Recoil 110s
    Vokey SM2 50-54tvd-59tvd-64 s400
    Titleist Scotty X7M

• Deuce78Deuce78 Members  1343WRX Points: 141Posts: 1,343 Platinum Tees

I'd be careful with some of the aftermarket tips, I got some 410 off Ebay and they clearly did not reach the top and bottom of the adjustment windows like the OEM ping ones do that come with the club.

Posted:
    M5/G410
    On -, @6.5 loft HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.5

PING G410 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5 
    PING G410 17.5 HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5
    Nike vapor fly pro 2 iron black tie 105x/DGX7
    MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/965 combo/MP63/iblade 3-PW/P7TW 3-PW
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/Glide 2.0/ 52 millled grind / Vokey TVD K 58
    NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x/Steelfiber 125x/S400 / now DGX7
    Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK/custom Arm Locks-Scotty, Odyssey, TM Spider

Advertisement
  • juggernaut0629juggernaut0629 Members  1067WRX Points: 116Posts: 1,067 Platinum Tees

Tracking shows its out for delivery. Shocking but extremely weird that the package went from FL to CA then to NY. I don't think it's the seller, as stated I didn't have any issues dealing with him before. I don't understand USPS thinking, but on the outside. & from the outside it doesn't seem make sense.

Posted:
    Ping G LST 9*
    Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*
  • Kev-Golfnut61Kev-Golfnut61 Big Sexy ClubWRX  780WRX Points: 113Posts: 780 ClubWRX

On -, @buckeyefl said:

I have the 10.5 and feel like it plays that or just a bit lower. That may be because of the low spin. Love mine.

Posted:
  • sbjinxsbjinx Orange CountyMembers  2557WRX Points: 245Posts: 2,557 Titanium Tees

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @buckeyefl said:

How does the TD compare to the 410. I hit my buddies 410 today and based on one swing I was pretty impressed.

Posted:

Callaway Epic Flash TD - Graphite Design VR
    Callaway Epic SZ 15*
    Callaway Apex 20*
    Bridgestone J15cb - 4-PW
    Vokey SM7 - 52* & 58*
    Spider X

• medicimedici Members  34WRX Points: 71Posts: 34 Bunkers

Are these available as an upcharge through ping?

On -, @endy said:

On -, @drvrwdge said:

Initial impressions for me with the LST are just absolutely WOW!! I made a shaft change as well but the LST with the new rogue silver 130 60TX Seems to be giving me higher launch and visibly less spin than my 410+ Fuji Evo IV 661 combo. Will test on course tomorrow but it looked to be carrying about 10 yards farther and just wants to go straight or fall right a little.

I’m torn right now between the Rogue Silver 130 MSI 70TX and AD VR 7X. They both seem like they are made for the G410 Head !!

Posted:
  • 3_Jack_Par3_Jack_Par Members, ClubWRX  6363WRX Points: 373Posts: 6,363 ClubWRX

I’ve been playing around with some different settings, and the 130 MSI Rogue Silver 70TX with the weight in the neutral position with the adapter in the flat -1* setting (9* head) seems to be the most playable. I had been using it with the weight in the Draw setting, but found that tended to go left on me (I generally play a fade). I’m really loving this head/shaft combo, though. The 3 wood is even better than the driver.

Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* (set to -1.5*), 44.5", Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
    Ping G410 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Aldila Rogue Silver 80TX
    Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) HZRDUS Black 85X (or Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x)
    Scratch SB-1 3-PW, Nippon Modus3 120x
    Corey Paul 52*/Titleist Vokey Forged 58* K-Grind, Nippon Modus3 125 Blue Wedge shafts,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200 (sometimes)
    Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34"
    WITB Link

Advertisement
  • Kale_mKale_m Members  2443WRX Points: 508Posts: 2,443 Platinum Tees

I have a quick range session and 1 round on my g410+ and the Fuji pro 2.0 TS 6x. Need a good range session to get it tuned in. Potential though

Posted:
    Taylormade Sim 9* (9.75*) Accra tour Z RPG 472 m5+
    Titleist TS3 15* Evenflow White T1100 75g 6.0
    Ping g410 3hy at 20* with tensei white 90tx 
    Titleist 4-6 718 CB 7-PW 718 MB PX LZ 6.5
    Callaway md4 52/56/ 60
    Scotty Cameron 2012 Newport 2
  • t4t3rt4t3r Members  3092WRX Points: 409Posts: 3,092 Titanium Tees

On -, @3 Jack Par said:

I’ve been playing around with some different settings, and the 130 MSI Rogue Silver 70TX with the weight in the neutral position with the adapter in the flat -1* setting (9* head) seems to be the most playable. I had been using it with the weight in the Draw setting, but found that tended to go left on me (I generally play a fade). I’m really loving this head/shaft combo, though. The 3 wood is even better than the driver.

LST 3W or the regular head?

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
    Callaway 816 Alpha 14* - Mitsubishi Diamana B 80x
    TBD
    Bridgestone J40 CB 4-PW - DG Tour Issue AMT X100
    Bridgestone J15 50.08 - DG Tour Issue S400
    Callaway MD4 54.10S - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
    Taylormade Milled Grind 58.12 - DG Wedge
    Taylormade Spider X
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • 3_Jack_Par3_Jack_Par Members, ClubWRX  6363WRX Points: 373Posts: 6,363 ClubWRX

On -, @t4t3r said:

On -, @3 Jack Par said:

LST 3W or the regular head?

LST—it instantly kicked out my M2 Tour, which I had liked quite a bit

Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* (set to -1.5*), 44.5", Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
    Ping G410 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Aldila Rogue Silver 80TX
    Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) HZRDUS Black 85X (or Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x)
    Scratch SB-1 3-PW, Nippon Modus3 120x
    Corey Paul 52*/Titleist Vokey Forged 58* K-Grind, Nippon Modus3 125 Blue Wedge shafts,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200 (sometimes)
    Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34"
    WITB Link

Advertisement

Hit my LST yesterday with evenflow set standard loft (9*) with 12g weight in middle only. Set at D6.5 swingweight. Was hitting draws & hooks. I was a bit handsy. When didn't get over handsy I pounded the ball. Just absolute bullets with LST. I'll probably posting the 410+ on BST when gets back Ping. Only thing I've noticed is when you miss the SS on the LST, it feels a bit more harsh & let's know you missed it. The 410+ covers up the miss better in terms of feel. However both drivers a playable when miss. Distance on a miss with LST is further though.

Posted:
    Ping G LST 9*
    Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.