So you own more than one iron set...

mxskier

Change with the seasons; less wear and tear, plus it’s fun.

Callaway 2018 X-Forged-Apex MB combo set: acquired new Fall 2017, been my primary set since then, especially during Summer season. Paired with Cobra F9 woods and Mizuno S18 wedges. I typically bag XF 5i-7i & MB 8i-PW, but own XF 4i & MB 7i to mix in. I’m considering adding XF 8i-PW...not exactly sure why.

Mizuno MP-54: acquired last Fall, like new, very little play so far, a bit in Fall 18 & Spring 19. Paired with Cobra F6 & BiO Cell Woods, SCOR & Bettinardi wedges. Will make an appearance again this Fall...or sooner?

Ping S56: bought 6i-PW on eBay this winter with a 50° wedge, later added i25 5 iron. Paired with Ping G400 driver & hybrids, Glide 2.0 Stealth wedges. Used as travel set last week, intended as “beater” set for Winter & simulator use.

Ben Hogan combo set: PTx 21-25-29, FW15 33-38, SCOR 43-48. Most irons acquired individually off eBay, shafts are mixed. Gamed a few times in Fall 2018, now mostly gathering dust; ready to reshaft before giving another go.

Spring 2024

Callaway Mavrik Max 1W 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke 60

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3W 15° HZRDUS Smoke 70

Cobra LTDx LS 5W 17.5° HZRDUS Smoke 70

Cobra LTDx 4Hy 21° HZRDUS Smoke 80

Srixon ZU85 4U 23° / Z585 6i-7i / Z785 8i-AW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56° 60°
SeeMore Mini Giant DF / Piretti Teramo / MannKrafted MA99 Proto

https://www.golfwrx.com/660122/witb-golfwrx-members-edition-jbrunk/

I tend to hang on to sets for some reason. Currently my old set of Eye 2s and just sod another of the same.

Wilson Reflexes

Tirkeist 716 Ap1s are my current gamers.

Hogan Apex Edge Pros which I just pulled the shafts in. Just picked up a set of Nike VR Pro Combos which the shafts will get pulled and put in the Hogans.

Do you have one coat, do you have one pair of shoes, do you have one car?

Some folks say yes, some folks say no. I have multiple of everything above to address different seasons. climates, etc

Same with my irons, I have 3 sets that although are all "me", are also catered to my different "seasons"

Set 1-Srixon Z585/Z785 Combo. For when it's winter, you just went through the holidays, the "flaws" are showing,..even through your shirt eek. In this case throwing on the large coat will hide some flaws.

Set 2-Bstone J15CB-The fall/spring set. Always a great time of year, not too hot, not too cold.. Some great days, some not so great days, for the most part you may not know what you expect. But over all you can never really complain, worse case scenario throw on the wind breaker and keep it moving.

Set 3-Srixon Z745/945 Combo-The summer set. When you are feeling at your peak, firing on all cylinders, and need something precise to combat the heat. Even with a few of those random "cold" summer days , you can still get away with shorts and show off those rippled calves, needed to hit straight bombs.

1965 Wilson Staffs used in High School (mid 1960's)

1995 Ping Eye 2 beryllium copper

1997 Daiwa Hi Trac-- these were the first of what I would call GI for me, very strong irons, graphite shafts

2018 Titleist AP3

2018 Callaway Rogue pro, coppers

2017 Seven forged, from Japan

2017 XXIO prime irons---large shovels, fabulous irons

2018 Miura MC-501 copper

2018 Srixon Z565

2018 Kyoei blades

2018 Masda blades

2018 Srixon Z765-- the Srixon irons are easy to hit solidly, and have great distance.

2017 Phyz 3-- from Bridgestone, similar to XXIO's, very long.

I have a similar behavioral pathology with guitars, amplifiers, and guitar effects.

I have a total of 15 clubs in my "real set" that I use every week. Duplicate at the 4 slot with both a 4-hybrid and 4-iron. But I usually carry 12 or 13 clubs total since I don't really need the 3-wood or 5-iron at my home course.

The only other irons I have are some Ping Eye2 BeCu classics. I've got 3-LW although I hate the Eye2 LW and never use it. I do pull them out for 9 holes a few times a year and I also take them when we go to the beach for a few days, there's a very short and fairly easy course there that's fun to play just teeing off with a 3-iron. But mostly I just own those because they're cool relics of a (recently) past age!

I own a vintage set and a modern set.

Ive got a set of persimmon woods, Hogan Apex irons, Wilson Staff Model blade sand wedge and an old hickory shafted blade putter in a vintage Hogan bag.

Its fun to get out the vintage set from time to time because the way you play a course is completely different and its just fun to play clubs that are over 50 years old.

MP-53s are currently in the bag. I also have a set of MP-57s with identical specs but need to regrip them with Tour Velvet Plus4s.

My third set is NIP MP-53s, likely one of the last new lefty sets remaining. No intention of ever selling any of the three.

If the rumors about the MP-20s are true I'll get a combo set of those. Zero interest in buying irons otherwise.

WITB

TaylorMade M5 (10.5) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 S

Callaway Rogue ST MAX (15) Graphite Design Tour AD F-75 S

Ping G425 (19) Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro Orange Hybrid 80 S

Mizuno MP-53 (4-PW, 22-46) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Titleist Vokey SM9 (50.12 F, 54.10 S @ 55, 60.10 S) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Edel McKenzie (34)

... Having played Amp Forged, Fly Z+ and now Forged Tours I will hang onto the Forged Tours because they just have a special place in my heart. My gamers were P790's but playing hard fast greens in Phoenix, I found the lower spin was a disadvantage as opposed to the advantage lower spin offers in typically soft Midwest conditions. But I really loved the 790's so I picked up a set of P760's that gave me the best of Forged Tours and 790's. I will sell the 790's though.

... Then I have a set of 588TT's that would bring very little money but they are in mint condition and I can see me playing them again in the future. And finally a set of Lynx MC LXi forged CB's that are just awesome irons, although a slightly larger head size than I like, but again would bring next to nothing if sold so I will be hanging onto those too.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour

Four Sets, wish it was back down to three :( Too much ho in me lately as I wanted to try some new tech having played 1-pc. forged MBs since 2008.

TM P790 with KBS CTL 110S

TM M5 with Modus 3 105S

Honma TW 727 M with Modus 3 125R

Callaway Razr MB with PX 5.0F

The latter two sound/feel best. I may have to reshaft the P790 as KBS shafts are living up to their rep as an elbow killer....never had golfer's or tennis elbow in the **rear** arm b4 these! Could get Recoils 110 F4 again for those - worked well in Mizunos past.

BAG ONE:                                                                                                   BAG TWO:
D - Callaway Rogue ST Max D                                               - Cobra F9 Tour Length  

5 -  Ping G425 Max 5(16.5)                                                    3 -  TEE C721 Pro 3 HL(16.5)

H - Callaway Mav P (18) Titleist TS2 (21)                              H - TM SF 2.0 (18) & (21)

I -  Titleist T300 4                                                                   I -  Taylormade SIM Max 4      
I -  Titleist T100 5-P/MR KK TiNi 105                                     I -  Taylormade P760 5-P/Recoils 110 F4

W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58                                        W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58 
P - Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                - Guerin TS Black 370

Golf had been such a big part in my life, I wanted to wall mount my clubs in cases in a home office, but I realized I had way too many sets. Now, it's just "stuff"....just too much stuff. I'm getting rid of them all except for my current set.

Done bein a Golf Ho!

1963 MacGregor MT Tourney (my first set) 2-PW SOLD

MacGregor VIP 1-PW

Wilson Staff 1-PW

Wilson Staff FG-17 1-PW

Titleist Tour Model 2-PW SOLD

Hogan PC 1-PW

Daiwa Advisor DG8201 3-PW SOLD

TaylorMade Burner bubble 2-PW SOLD

TaylorMade Burner Bubble Tour 2-PW SOLD

Titleist 962b 1-PW SOLD (have 1 and 2 irons still)

Titleist 680 2-PW CURRENT SET

Titleist 710MB 3-PW SOLD

I know I'm missing a set or two from this list.

In order of ownership......

'65 MacGregor Tourney MT2 (2-PW)/ '80 Wilson Staff Tour Blades (1-PW)/ '83 Wilson Staff Tour Blades FG-17 (2-PW)

'77 MacGregor VIP blades Teardrop back (1-PW)/ '83 Titleist Tour Model 821 (3-PW)/ '84 Hogan PC (1-PW)

'80s Daiwa Advisor DG-8201 (2-PW)/ '96 TaylorMade Burner Bubble (2-PW)/ '97 TaylorMade Burner Bubble Tour (2-PW)

'00 Titleist 962b (1-PW)/ '05 Titleist 680 (2-PW)/ '09 Titleist 710mb (3-PW)

I game P750's and have P790's as my guest set for when my dad or brother-in-law is in town.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS- GD DI 7TX

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 3W- GD DI 8TX

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 2HY- GD DI 105X

TaylorMade P770 3i MMT 125TX

TaylorMade P7MB- 4-PW MMT 125TX

TaylorMade MG4 54/60- MMT 125 TX

L.A.B. Mezz 1

Just picked up a set of MP 53s as a “back-up” set. Don’t really need a back-up set, but the price was right and I’ve been eyeing a set of 53s for a while now.

Ping G425 Max 9*, Aldila Rogue White 70s

Titleist TS3 4 wood, Diamana Kal’li 70s

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Mizuno S18 50*, PX 6.5

Cleveland CBX2 54*, DG s400 TI

Callaway MD4 58*, DG s400 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

Let's see...

MP-14 3-PW

Ping Eye 2 +no+ 3-LW

Epon AF302 3-PW

Epon AFTour 5-PW

PXG Gen 1's 4-PW

Tourstage Z101 2-PW

Tourstage VIQ 2012 4-PW

4 sets of TourStage 2005/6 VIQ's (and another set on the way from Rakuten); obviously my favorite irons.

some are in FL, some are in PA, most of them are here with me in TX

I may be forgetting some...

Had 5 at one point, down to 2, J15 CB and Z745s. BUT, I am about ready to let go of the 745s. They are great but the J15s have been the GOAT for me. I have been sticking with them and scoring better, too. Having multiple sets has made it tough to not switch back and forth but I want to get better and sticking with one set has helped me improve my scoring drastically...

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

I’ve been an up and down (maybe binge and purge is a better description) “ho” over the years, but now trying (hopefully for the the last time) to purge again.

Four sets. In the bag are JPX 900 Forged. On the BST right now are my Cobra Pro Forged Mb/CB combo (really hate to sell these, still the best looking irons I’ve owned) and my Ping Eye2 BC. Once they’re gone and the season is close to done I’ll probably sell the Mizunos also. Since it’s likely my playing will be much less I’ll just keep my old set of 07 X Forged. Probably ditch the modern drivers too. I might keep a couple of putters

Currently got 3 sets.

The gamers - my VR Pros. My thoughts on these are well known so I will save you too much detail, but it would take a lot for these to get kicked out. Like "a set of P7 TWs for £200" a lot.

The backup set - my old OG Nike Blades. Probably superfluous with the VR Pros, they spend most of the time in my man cave, looking pretty. Very tempted to get them refurbished and put on display somewhere. Had too many memorable rounds featuring memorable shots to let them go.

The cavities - got a set of Yonex Rekin Super 10 Tour Forged in my locker for when I don't feel like hitting a blade. They've been used once in 10 years....

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

1/ have Apex Pro 16 in practice bag, dont see that changing ever as i think the world of those sticks.

2/ also have my old #1's - Apex CF16 4-AW that i had the stock TT XP95 R300s pulled & AMT Black S300 put in (using as a trade in on Apex Pro 19 very soon).

3/ a back up set of Apex CF16 5-AW that still have the XP95s in them, dont see me moving them on ever either, the CF16 Apex is going to be a future classic in a few years is my sound logic for this.

4/ plus a combo set of XR Steelhead & standard XRs for guests, for when i want to know how it feels to swing a Caterpillar D3 bulldozer.

• 3 weeks later...

This time last year my ho hoard would've filled the comment box but currently:

*In The Bag:* Adams CB3 4-G

*On Deck:* Miura Baby Blades 3-PW

*Silly Season:* custom single length MP-33s 3-PW

*Sentimental Hoard:* Snakes Eyes MB1 'Smith & Wesson Forged' 3-SW

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

I only have like 5-6 sets currently (some heads only waiting for me to rebuild), but I have 4 sets of all 1 OEM offerings of older gear I've liked through the years (Titleist example: 983K, 980F 3/5, 660 3-P, 254/260 wedges and Tei3 NP2). I'll likely pick up a few more sets over the winter, cause, why not...

What's In The Ping Moonlite:
Ping Rapture '14 13*
Ping Rapture DI 18*
Titleist 690.CB 4/6/8/PW
Vokey TVD 54*
Odyssey Tank V-Line

I have a really clean set of Nike VR Pro Combo's in my garage as a backup set. I have played really well with them this year the couple of times I brought them out. I should probably game them more often if not full time.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

My primary set goes out on "planned" rounds (weekends, vacations, etc) but I came into another set recently (6-PW), at a pretty smoking deal, that I decided to keep in a Sunday bag and tote between both cars for impromptu "after work 9's" or when I'd rather carry and don't want a full/heavy bag.

Both sets of irons are comparable in loft/lie/swingweights + shafts (JPX919 Forged/Combo set vs HMPros) so there is next to no adjustment needed when going from one bag to the other.

d: Epic Max | f: Rogue 3HL, Apex UW | h1: Apex Super | i: 923 HM | w: MD4 | p: Chalk Spider X SB

> @Bigmean said:

> God it is embarrassing.....I hoed a bunch, then got down to 2-3 sets, now I am at 5 and here is the how and why.

>

> Mp14s, had since college, can't get what they are worth to me, have no desire to lose them even though I don't use them. Made them raw and with graphite for fun.

>

> Miura small blades. These see 70% of the action. They are my trusty old show that I have the most best rounds with in last 5 years and most confidence in.

>

> Onoff shingo cbs. In effort to find a CB set, I got these for a song, they look weird, but feel good and are forgiving as all getout. They are not my CB answer but they are intriguing with recoil proto 110s.

>

> Onoff MB Miura forged. I stole them, then proceeded to strip and copper plate them, then put in attas 10s shafts. I put too much into them but they are beautiful and functional. Like a bigger small blade. This is my roadster set.

>

> And I just bought Miura 1957 CB heads...doh. I was at a Edwin Watts's that had them so I hit them...mistake. I keep chasing the DCI 962s I had, these really had that vibe to me in terms of very CB but not very not CB and a squarish toe! These hopefully are my CB answer, so when I had a shot at heads for $400 on ebay, and having the roddio i10 shafts in my garage I am too scared to put on my small blades, I just bought them. Shafting up over next couple of weeks.

>

>

> I really don't like having a lot of sets, I like 1 me and one CB set, and I rotate them out like having two starting pitchers. For me it is mental. If I haven't played in a while I grab the cbs, if I am playing good with either hot hand stays until not hot 2 rounds in a row sorta thing. I don't like having more than 2 sets to think about grabbing, yet here I am, on WRX with 5 sets.....reality is that hopefully the Miuras and the novelty blade sets for fun. I think you can switch iron sets with ok results in long term scoring, but you MUST have 2 sets that feel like home to you, easier said than found.

Ok, so I'm gonna need pics of both OnOff sets.......pretty please.

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.