Ping's new G410 LST driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

> @Hedgehog said:

> > @Crooksc17 said:

> > > @Kale_m said:

> > > > @Hedgehog said:

> > > > I have the Tour 65X 45" and the Evenflow Black 6.0 Handcrafted tipped 0,5" and playing around 44,75". Evenflow Black still feels a bit whippy, but it likes to go straight when I mishit it off the toe, and a really good hit is maybe a bit longer than Tour shaft. But I have to say the Tour 65X is legit a good shaft, it likes to fade on me a bit more then the Evenflow.

> > > >

> > > > Where have you guys ordered weights? Would love a setup of 2 weights in neutral and draw, my factory weight is 14gr, friend has the same head and he had a 12gr weight.

> > >

> > > Golf works has the weights. But they are all pretty heavy. If you wanted a 2 weight setup the SW is going to be pretty high

> >

> > I have the 12g weight in the fade spot and 10g in draw. With a playing length of 44” the SW is about D7. I bought a 5.5g weight off eBay that will replace the 12g weight to get the SW back to a D4-5 level. Hopefully will have the weight later this week

>

> Got a link to the eBay item?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273904320880

Bought stuff from this seller before so I trust them.

> @johnnypro said:

> Picked mine up yesterday.

> 10.5, Tensei Orange stiff, 45.25"

> Just a range session but so far, so good....especially liked sound and feel.

> Will it kick my TS2 out of the bag?

> We'll see. That's a tall order.

Two rounds now and, yes, it has kicked the TS2 out of the bag.

I love the look, the feel, the sound, the distance, the forgiveness.

I was afraid anything that says "LST" was for a much stronger player than me, but I don't that's the case here. On Sunday, I put a couple in spots I have not visited in at least 5 years. Not selling my TS2 yet but the G410 LST is just a great driver, IMO.

• Like 1

Curious if there is a lot of forgiveness/stability benefit from separating the weight with two weights. Currently have a 16g in the draw setting. Thinking about splitting that across the back if there is a benefit outside of swing weight. Thanks.

Ping G425 Max 9*, Aldila Rogue White 70s

Titleist TS3 4 wood, Diamana Kal’li 70s

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Mizuno S18 50*, PX 6.5

Cleveland CBX2 54*, DG s400 TI

Callaway MD4 58*, DG s400 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

Anybody have any comparisons , spin wise, from G410lst to m6? I may be getting one to test soon and just curious.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I have a 410 LST with 65 TZ6 and a M5 TZ5. 410 blows it away. Longer. More consistent flight. Easier to draw IMO. I don't have actual numbers but I do have a GC2. If I don't sell my M5 by next week I'll get you some.

> @bladehunter said:

> Anybody have any comparisons , spin wise, from G410lst to m6? I may be getting one to test soon and just curious.

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

> @johnnypro said:

> > @johnnypro said:

> > Picked mine up yesterday.

> > 10.5, Tensei Orange stiff, 45.25"

> > Just a range session but so far, so good....especially liked sound and feel.

> > Will it kick my TS2 out of the bag?

> > We'll see. That's a tall order.

>

> Two rounds now and, yes, it has kicked the TS2 out of the bag.

> I love the look, the feel, the sound, the distance, the forgiveness.

> I was afraid anything that says "LST" was for a much stronger player than me, but I don't that's the case here. On Sunday, I put a couple in spots I have not visited in at least 5 years. Not selling my TS2 yet but the G410 LST is just a great driver, IMO.

>

>

Maybe this just means you needed the TS3 :smiley:

I am a high spin and 115mph ss player, who recently made the switch off of TaylorMade woods into Titleist. I found the cog to be the best in the business. I can dial in the Titleist so much more than anything else on the market. I also loved that they have an 8.5deg head, which makes the world of a difference for me from 9 deg. I hit the Ping and found it to be too spinny even in the LST version. Wasn't sold on their "adjustability." I found the movements in the Titleist to have the exact affect you think they would, where Ping and TaylorMade left me gaining in one area and losing in another. I guess to each their own, but my TS3 is a beast that is long and straight. Not trying to sway you back into Titleist, just sharing my experience.

> @Trying4Better said:

> > @johnnypro said:

> > > @johnnypro said:

> > > Picked mine up yesterday.

> > > 10.5, Tensei Orange stiff, 45.25"

> > > Just a range session but so far, so good....especially liked sound and feel.

> > > Will it kick my TS2 out of the bag?

> > > We'll see. That's a tall order.

> >

> > Two rounds now and, yes, it has kicked the TS2 out of the bag.

> > I love the look, the feel, the sound, the distance, the forgiveness.

> > I was afraid anything that says "LST" was for a much stronger player than me, but I don't that's the case here. On Sunday, I put a couple in spots I have not visited in at least 5 years. Not selling my TS2 yet but the G410 LST is just a great driver, IMO.

> >

> >

>

> Maybe this just means you needed the TS3 :smiley:

>

> I am a high spin and 115mph ss player, who recently made the switch off of TaylorMade woods into Titleist. I found the cog to be the best in the business. I can dial in the Titleist so much more than anything else on the market. I also loved that they have an 8.5deg head, which makes the world of a difference for me from 9 deg. I hit the Ping and found it to be too spinny even in the LST version. Wasn't sold on their "adjustability." I found the movements in the Titleist to have the exact affect you think they would, where Ping and TaylorMade left me gaining in one area and losing in another. I guess to each their own, but my TS3 is a beast that is long and straight. Not trying to sway you back into Titleist, just sharing my experience.

>

Funny you mention the TS3. I had one. Not for me. TS2 a much better fit FOR ME.

That's why I'm not selling it. If and when the G410 LST honeymoon comes to an end, it's nice to have a fall-back driver.

> @johnnypro said:

> > @Trying4Better said:

> > > @johnnypro said:

> > > > @johnnypro said:

> > > > Picked mine up yesterday.

> > > > 10.5, Tensei Orange stiff, 45.25"

> > > > Just a range session but so far, so good....especially liked sound and feel.

> > > > Will it kick my TS2 out of the bag?

> > > > We'll see. That's a tall order.

> > >

> > > Two rounds now and, yes, it has kicked the TS2 out of the bag.

> > > I love the look, the feel, the sound, the distance, the forgiveness.

> > > I was afraid anything that says "LST" was for a much stronger player than me, but I don't that's the case here. On Sunday, I put a couple in spots I have not visited in at least 5 years. Not selling my TS2 yet but the G410 LST is just a great driver, IMO.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Maybe this just means you needed the TS3 :smiley:

> >

> > I am a high spin and 115mph ss player, who recently made the switch off of TaylorMade woods into Titleist. I found the cog to be the best in the business. I can dial in the Titleist so much more than anything else on the market. I also loved that they have an 8.5deg head, which makes the world of a difference for me from 9 deg. I hit the Ping and found it to be too spinny even in the LST version. Wasn't sold on their "adjustability." I found the movements in the Titleist to have the exact affect you think they would, where Ping and TaylorMade left me gaining in one area and losing in another. I guess to each their own, but my TS3 is a beast that is long and straight. Not trying to sway you back into Titleist, just sharing my experience.

> >

> Funny you mention the TS3. I had one. Not for me. TS2 a much better fit FOR ME.

> That's why I'm not selling it. If and when the G410 LST honeymoon comes to an end, it's nice to have a fall-back driver.

>

>

What did you like better about the TS2? I found it to spin up a bit much - for me.

> @Trying4Better said:

> > @johnnypro said:

> > > @Trying4Better said:

> > > > @johnnypro said:

> > > > > @johnnypro said:

> > > > > Picked mine up yesterday.

> > > > > 10.5, Tensei Orange stiff, 45.25"

> > > > > Just a range session but so far, so good....especially liked sound and feel.

> > > > > Will it kick my TS2 out of the bag?

> > > > > We'll see. That's a tall order.

> > > >

> > > > Two rounds now and, yes, it has kicked the TS2 out of the bag.

> > > > I love the look, the feel, the sound, the distance, the forgiveness.

> > > > I was afraid anything that says "LST" was for a much stronger player than me, but I don't that's the case here. On Sunday, I put a couple in spots I have not visited in at least 5 years. Not selling my TS2 yet but the G410 LST is just a great driver, IMO.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Maybe this just means you needed the TS3 :smiley:

> > >

> > > I am a high spin and 115mph ss player, who recently made the switch off of TaylorMade woods into Titleist. I found the cog to be the best in the business. I can dial in the Titleist so much more than anything else on the market. I also loved that they have an 8.5deg head, which makes the world of a difference for me from 9 deg. I hit the Ping and found it to be too spinny even in the LST version. Wasn't sold on their "adjustability." I found the movements in the Titleist to have the exact affect you think they would, where Ping and TaylorMade left me gaining in one area and losing in another. I guess to each their own, but my TS3 is a beast that is long and straight. Not trying to sway you back into Titleist, just sharing my experience.

> > >

> > Funny you mention the TS3. I had one. Not for me. TS2 a much better fit FOR ME.

> > That's why I'm not selling it. If and when the G410 LST honeymoon comes to an end, it's nice to have a fall-back driver.

> >

> >

>

> What did you like better about the TS2? I found it to spin up a bit much - for me.

Spin, schmin.....it's just way easier to hit.

Much more forgiving!

• Like 1

> @Crooksc17 said:

> > @Hedgehog said:

> > > @Crooksc17 said:

> > > > @Kale_m said:

> > > > > @Hedgehog said:

> > > > > I have the Tour 65X 45" and the Evenflow Black 6.0 Handcrafted tipped 0,5" and playing around 44,75". Evenflow Black still feels a bit whippy, but it likes to go straight when I mishit it off the toe, and a really good hit is maybe a bit longer than Tour shaft. But I have to say the Tour 65X is legit a good shaft, it likes to fade on me a bit more then the Evenflow.

> > > > >

> > > > > Where have you guys ordered weights? Would love a setup of 2 weights in neutral and draw, my factory weight is 14gr, friend has the same head and he had a 12gr weight.

> > > >

> > > > Golf works has the weights. But they are all pretty heavy. If you wanted a 2 weight setup the SW is going to be pretty high

> > >

> > > I have the 12g weight in the fade spot and 10g in draw. With a playing length of 44” the SW is about D7. I bought a 5.5g weight off eBay that will replace the 12g weight to get the SW back to a D4-5 level. Hopefully will have the weight later this week

> >

> > Got a link to the eBay item?

>

> https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273904320880

>

> Bought stuff from this seller before so I trust them.

I have bought from this seller as well in the past. I bought replacement 410 weights him recently as well. They are in FL, I'm in NY. Bought these thinking they'd here 3-4 days from FL. NOPE.....tracking shows that the package left FL then went to CA. Just left CA to go to NY. I've shipped plenty to and from CA....it will be 5 days before I see this package. I just don't understand how USPS works anymore. To get a package from FL to NY it has to go to CA first? Or maybe it has to do with seller? Idk. I didn't have this issue last time I dealt with the seller.

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

> @juggernaut0629 said:

> > @Crooksc17 said:

> > > @Hedgehog said:

> > > > @Crooksc17 said:

> > > > > @Kale_m said:

> > > > > > @Hedgehog said:

> > > > > > I have the Tour 65X 45" and the Evenflow Black 6.0 Handcrafted tipped 0,5" and playing around 44,75". Evenflow Black still feels a bit whippy, but it likes to go straight when I mishit it off the toe, and a really good hit is maybe a bit longer than Tour shaft. But I have to say the Tour 65X is legit a good shaft, it likes to fade on me a bit more then the Evenflow.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Where have you guys ordered weights? Would love a setup of 2 weights in neutral and draw, my factory weight is 14gr, friend has the same head and he had a 12gr weight.

> > > > >

> > > > > Golf works has the weights. But they are all pretty heavy. If you wanted a 2 weight setup the SW is going to be pretty high

> > > >

> > > > I have the 12g weight in the fade spot and 10g in draw. With a playing length of 44” the SW is about D7. I bought a 5.5g weight off eBay that will replace the 12g weight to get the SW back to a D4-5 level. Hopefully will have the weight later this week

> > >

> > > Got a link to the eBay item?

> >

> > https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273904320880

> >

> > Bought stuff from this seller before so I trust them.

>

> I have bought from this seller as well in the past. I bought replacement 410 weights him recently as well. They are in FL, I'm in NY. Bought these thinking they'd here 3-4 days from FL. NOPE.....tracking shows that the package left FL then went to CA. Just left CA to go to NY. I've shipped plenty to and from CA....it will be 5 days before I see this package. I just don't understand how USPS works anymore. To get a package from FL to NY it has to go to CA first? Or maybe it has to do with seller? Idk. I didn't have this issue last time I dealt with the seller.

I’ve bought many adapters from this seller and never had that issue. Always ships within a day or so and reaches me in the DC area as fast as First Class can go. Sounds like some sort of mid-sort by USPS. We all know how reliable they are. :)

> @t4t3r said:

> > @juggernaut0629 said:

> > > @Crooksc17 said:

> > > > @Hedgehog said:

> > > > > @Crooksc17 said:

> > > > > > @Kale_m said:

> > > > > > > @Hedgehog said:

> > > > > > > I have the Tour 65X 45" and the Evenflow Black 6.0 Handcrafted tipped 0,5" and playing around 44,75". Evenflow Black still feels a bit whippy, but it likes to go straight when I mishit it off the toe, and a really good hit is maybe a bit longer than Tour shaft. But I have to say the Tour 65X is legit a good shaft, it likes to fade on me a bit more then the Evenflow.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Where have you guys ordered weights? Would love a setup of 2 weights in neutral and draw, my factory weight is 14gr, friend has the same head and he had a 12gr weight.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Golf works has the weights. But they are all pretty heavy. If you wanted a 2 weight setup the SW is going to be pretty high

> > > > >

> > > > > I have the 12g weight in the fade spot and 10g in draw. With a playing length of 44” the SW is about D7. I bought a 5.5g weight off eBay that will replace the 12g weight to get the SW back to a D4-5 level. Hopefully will have the weight later this week

> > > >

> > > > Got a link to the eBay item?

> > >

> > > https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273904320880

> > >

> > > Bought stuff from this seller before so I trust them.

> >

> > I have bought from this seller as well in the past. I bought replacement 410 weights him recently as well. They are in FL, I'm in NY. Bought these thinking they'd here 3-4 days from FL. NOPE.....tracking shows that the package left FL then went to CA. Just left CA to go to NY. I've shipped plenty to and from CA....it will be 5 days before I see this package. I just don't understand how USPS works anymore. To get a package from FL to NY it has to go to CA first? Or maybe it has to do with seller? Idk. I didn't have this issue last time I dealt with the seller.

>

> I’ve bought many adapters from this seller and never had that issue. Always ships within a day or so and reaches me in the DC area as fast as First Class can go. Sounds like some sort of mid-sort by USPS. We all know how reliable they are. :)

I've not only bought from him numerous times, I actually met the guy while I was in Fort Lauderdale on a trip as it was quicker than hoping the post would turn up on time. No hesitation in buying from him.

• Like 1

I never thought of two weights. Current driver running E0 so this could a good solution. Have extra 410 tips to try on some of my other aftermarket shafts as well. Thinking Aldila NL 60x and Blueboard 53x to start

FWIW .... My club delayed and now due here in 2 weeks. Total bummer

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

I'd be careful with some of the aftermarket tips, I got some 410 off Ebay and they clearly did not reach the top and bottom of the adjustment windows like the OEM ping ones do that come with the club.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Tracking shows its out for delivery. Shocking but extremely weird that the package went from FL to CA then to NY. I don't think it's the seller, as stated I didn't have any issues dealing with him before. I don't understand USPS thinking, but on the outside. & from the outside it doesn't seem make sense.

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

> @buckeyefl said:

> For the better players that have an LST do you feel it plays close to stated loft or did they pull the higher loft than stated trick?

I have the 10.5 and feel like it plays that or just a bit lower. That may be because of the low spin. Love mine.

> @denvergolf said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > For the better players that have an LST do you feel it plays close to stated loft or did they pull the higher loft than stated trick?

>

> I hit the regular 9* 410 lower than an Epic Flash triple diamond 9* - fwiw

How does the TD compare to the 410. I hit my buddies 410 today and based on one swing I was pretty impressed.

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

Are these available as an upcharge through ping?

> @endy said:

> > @drvrwdge said:

> > Initial impressions for me with the LST are just absolutely WOW!! I made a shaft change as well but the LST with the new rogue silver 130 60TX Seems to be giving me higher launch and visibly less spin than my 410+ Fuji Evo IV 661 combo. Will test on course tomorrow but it looked to be carrying about 10 yards farther and just wants to go straight or fall right a little.

>

> I’m torn right now between the Rogue Silver 130 MSI 70TX and AD VR 7X. They both seem like they are made for the G410 Head !!

I’ve been playing around with some different settings, and the 130 MSI Rogue Silver 70TX with the weight in the neutral position with the adapter in the flat -1* setting (9* head) seems to be the most playable. I had been using it with the weight in the Draw setting, but found that tended to go left on me (I generally play a fade). I’m really loving this head/shaft combo, though. The 3 wood is even better than the driver.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x or Tour Issue or Titleist TSi2 21* (set to 20*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Cobra King RF Forged MB - 4-PW, KBS C-Taper 120 Stiff
Corey Paul 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

I have a quick range session and 1 round on my g410+ and the Fuji pro 2.0 TS 6x. Need a good range session to get it tuned in. Potential though

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

> @"3 Jack Par" said:

> I’ve been playing around with some different settings, and the 130 MSI Rogue Silver 70TX with the weight in the neutral position with the adapter in the flat -1* setting (9* head) seems to be the most playable. I had been using it with the weight in the Draw setting, but found that tended to go left on me (I generally play a fade). I’m really loving this head/shaft combo, though. The 3 wood is even better than the driver.

LST 3W or the regular head?

> @t4t3r said:

> > @"3 Jack Par" said:

> > I’ve been playing around with some different settings, and the 130 MSI Rogue Silver 70TX with the weight in the neutral position with the adapter in the flat -1* setting (9* head) seems to be the most playable. I had been using it with the weight in the Draw setting, but found that tended to go left on me (I generally play a fade). I’m really loving this head/shaft combo, though. The 3 wood is even better than the driver.

>

> LST 3W or the regular head?

LST—it instantly kicked out my M2 Tour, which I had liked quite a bit

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x or Tour Issue or Titleist TSi2 21* (set to 20*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Cobra King RF Forged MB - 4-PW, KBS C-Taper 120 Stiff
Corey Paul 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x