Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

> @Justsomeguy said:

> The F9 ie the sh*t. Fathers day present to myself. Been struggling w driver a lot lately and apparently a new club really does cure it.

> For the record, first brand new driver I've ever purchased. And despite the camo, I do not feel 1pct silly.

> he56yd48bg0g.jpg

dude, you need to get in touch with your feminine side and visit a manicure shop to clean your cuticles. Let me know how it goes. I need mine done too

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

> @Man_O_War said:

> > @Justsomeguy said:

> > The F9 ie the sh*t. Fathers day present to myself. Been struggling w driver a lot lately and apparently a new club really does cure it.

> > For the record, first brand new driver I've ever purchased. And despite the camo, I do not feel 1pct silly.

> > he56yd48bg0g.jpg

>

> dude, you need to get in touch with your feminine side and visit a manicure shop to clean your cuticles. Let me know how it goes. I need mine done too

There's a toe where this guy's thumb should be.

Nice driver tho!

> @Therealpatgiles said:

> > @Man_O_War said:

> > > @Justsomeguy said:

> > > The F9 ie the sh*t. Fathers day present to myself. Been struggling w driver a lot lately and apparently a new club really does cure it.

> > > For the record, first brand new driver I've ever purchased. And despite the camo, I do not feel 1pct silly.

> > > he56yd48bg0g.jpg

> >

> > dude, you need to get in touch with your feminine side and visit a manicure shop to clean your cuticles. Let me know how it goes. I need mine done too

>

> There's a toe where this guy's thumb should be.

>

> Nice driver tho!

Lol.

I added the 5w with the same px evenflow blue - it's a bomber. Set at 18* I was cracking 200 w it yesterday. That's big here.

I am not usually a fanboy, but OMG. I am now Cobra 11 clubs - just keeping my unicorn 27 Titleist hybrid, 62 lob, and putter. I think a good bit is the Atmos shaft, and it is sweet that it is offered throughout the set from woods to hybrids to irons. They are all working well, and yes, I have gained 10 yards and more importantly uber consistency. Even got the 3 wood to work off the deck, though with the 2 hybrid it’s not often needed. Yes, the 7 and 8 irons are clunky with the visible back, but I’m old and need the help. So happy, and thanks to wrx for steering me here.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

> @DrSchteeve said:

> I am not usually a fanboy, but OMG. I am now Cobra 11 clubs - just keeping my unicorn 27 Titleist hybrid, 62 lib, and putter. I think a good bit is the Atmos shaft, and it is sweet that it is offered throughout the set from woods to hybrids to irons. They are all working well, and yes, I have gained 10 yards and more importantly uber consistency. Even got the 3 wood to work off the deck, though with the 2 hybrid it’s not often needed. Yes, the 7 and 8 irons are clunky with the visible back, but I’m old and need the help. So happy, and thanks to wrx for steering me here.

I'm strongly considering some irons, and similarly can't see giving up my 915h 3h (too consistent).

My ap1's treat me really well though. Would be hard to move on.

First full round with the set. The irons (really, all the clubs, including driver) are stupidly forgiving, to the point I do understand comments about "too" forgiving, it's easy to get lulled into inattention because even some terrible swings have produced some better than decent results. Don't get me wrong, that's a really nice problem to have and I don't think I will have a problem with making good swings...

TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag

> @calfan36 said:

> Can anyone compare either/both of the fairways to the LTD?

The LTD is shallower than both F9 and F9 tour, obviously no rails. Harder to be consistent with the LTD, but awesome when hit on the screws, really only good off the tee (for me). F9 is pretty forgiving & accurate, not as much as F6/F7, but still beat out G410 in my testing. Sound and feel is so much improved from F7, the CNC milled face just has a solid thwack to it, much like a well-struck LTD fairway. F9 tour is compact, rounded, closest to the F6 Baffler without the weight adjustability, and obviously available in 3-4W as well as 4-5W. Less reliable off the tee compared to F9, but feels nearly identical, and shines as a long rescue club. Haven’t had a chance to try standard F9 off the deck, tho. HZRDUS Smoke is a really good fairway shaft, driver not so much. Cheers!

Spring 2024

Callaway Mavrik Max 1W 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke 60

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3W 15° HZRDUS Smoke 70

Cobra LTDx LS 5W 17.5° HZRDUS Smoke 70

Cobra LTDx 4Hy 21° HZRDUS Smoke 80

Srixon ZU85 4U 23° / Z585 6i-7i / Z785 8i-AW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56° 60°
SeeMore Mini Giant DF / Piretti Teramo / MannKrafted MA99 Proto

https://www.golfwrx.com/660122/witb-golfwrx-members-edition-jbrunk/

Second round with F9's in 11 slots in the bag. PB 73. Easily could have been better. Wow.

TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag

F9 Tour is still magical. Distance is down to the quality of my strike, but still in the fairway the vast majority of the time.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

I’m pretty sure over the life of this thread I’ve read every post but can’t remember this: has anyone compared the 9 degree head vs the 10.5 turned down to 9? Reason I ask is I sent my LTD pro in for a warranty claim thinking the spaceport that blew apart was the only thing wrong but there must have been something else. Cobra sent me a 10.5 degree head. Played the LTD for the low spin/launch so I’m not sure the 10.5 head turned down is what I need. Their customer service was great which is why I’m trying to figure out how much of a pain I’m going to be. For reference I believe I played the LTD at either 8 or 8.5.

Cobra F9 - MRC Pro Orange 60TX
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Tour - MRC Pro White 70TX
Taylormade R9 5 Wood - MRC Pro White 70TX
Adams XTD Tour 4-PW- Nippon Super Peening Blue
Nike Engage 52, Vokey SM6 56 and 60
Bettinardi BB56

> @buck9432 said:

> I’m pretty sure over the life of this thread I’ve read every post but can’t remember this: has anyone compared the 9 degree head vs the 10.5 turned down to 9? Reason I ask is I sent my LTD pro in for a warranty claim thinking the spaceport that blew apart was the only thing wrong but there must have been something else. Cobra sent me a 10.5 degree head. Played the LTD for the low spin/launch so I’m not sure the 10.5 head turned down is what I need. Their customer service was great which is why I’m trying to figure out how much of a pain I’m going to be. For reference I believe I played the LTD at either 8 or 8.5.

surprised CObra still supports warranty claims on the LTD PRo.

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

> @Man_O_War said:

> > @buck9432 said:

> > I’m pretty sure over the life of this thread I’ve read every post but can’t remember this: has anyone compared the 9 degree head vs the 10.5 turned down to 9? Reason I ask is I sent my LTD pro in for a warranty claim thinking the spaceport that blew apart was the only thing wrong but there must have been something else. Cobra sent me a 10.5 degree head. Played the LTD for the low spin/launch so I’m not sure the 10.5 head turned down is what I need. Their customer service was great which is why I’m trying to figure out how much of a pain I’m going to be. For reference I believe I played the LTD at either 8 or 8.5.

> surprised CObra still supports warranty claims on the LTD PRo.

Our local golf town still has new ones in the wrapper for $299 cdn. Complete 2 year warranty from date of purchase.

> @buck9432 said:

> I’m pretty sure over the life of this thread I’ve read every post but can’t remember this: has anyone compared the 9 degree head vs the 10.5 turned down to 9? Reason I ask is I sent my LTD pro in for a warranty claim thinking the spaceport that blew apart was the only thing wrong but there must have been something else. Cobra sent me a 10.5 degree head. Played the LTD for the low spin/launch so I’m not sure the 10.5 head turned down is what I need. Their customer service was great which is why I’m trying to figure out how much of a pain I’m going to be. For reference I believe I played the LTD at either 8 or 8.5.

I can’t comment on long term differences, but in my experiments and fittings with the two what ultimately worked for me best was the 10.5 turned down to 9.0 and adding two 14’s to the head versus the light and heavy. Honestly, thinking of adding some lead tape before switching to double 18’s because it still feels light. That said, performance even on bad days is fairways even on the tightest courses.

> > @buck9432 said:

> > I’m pretty sure over the life of this thread I’ve read every post but can’t remember this: has anyone compared the 9 degree head vs the 10.5 turned down to 9? Reason I ask is I sent my LTD pro in for a warranty claim thinking the spaceport that blew apart was the only thing wrong but there must have been something else. Cobra sent me a 10.5 degree head. Played the LTD for the low spin/launch so I’m not sure the 10.5 head turned down is what I need. Their customer service was great which is why I’m trying to figure out how much of a pain I’m going to be. For reference I believe I played the LTD at either 8 or 8.5.

>

Just email them back and ask them for a swap, the 9 is what you want. Lots of guys who are playing the 9 have the loft cranked down as low as it will go, me included.

I’m pretty sure this has been covered somewhere amongst this thread (wasn’t sure how to search) but what’s the census on having 2 heavy weights in the F9 driver? The 2g weight seems pretty much useless IMHO.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @Shipwreck said:

> I’m pretty sure this has been covered somewhere amongst this thread (wasn’t sure how to search) but what’s the census on having 2 heavy weights in the F9 driver? The 2g weight seems pretty much useless IMHO.

See my posts, but I play 2-14’s and contemplating experimenting with 2-18’s. Best driver I have ever hit.

> @GolfChannel said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > I’m pretty sure this has been covered somewhere amongst this thread (wasn’t sure how to search) but what’s the census on having 2 heavy weights in the F9 driver? The 2g weight seems pretty much useless IMHO.

>

> See my posts, but I play 2-14’s and contemplating experimenting with 2-18’s. Best driver I have ever hit.

Thanks! I’m definitely considering ordering another 14g weight. I love the driver but it’s just a tad too light.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @Shipwreck said:

> I’m pretty sure this has been covered somewhere amongst this thread (wasn’t sure how to search) but what’s the census on having 2 heavy weights in the F9 driver? The 2g weight seems pretty much useless IMHO.

I play 18g front and 10g back at 45 1/2" with a 60g shaft. I think that's 12g over standard!

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

> @Shipwreck said:

Ive added about 7 grams of lead tape to mine, with around 5 of that being in the front area. Feels alot better to me. Now whether to just go heavier weights or keep the lead tape, since i have it more heel to toe than front to back

• Like 1

Cobra LtdX LS - Fujikura Ventus Velocore Red/Purple 6S

Cobra SZ Tour - 16.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 7S

Cobra Radspeed Hybrid - 19 Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699u Pro 4i - Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699 Pro 5-AW - Project X 5.5 Flighted

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54 and RTX Zipcore 58

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 - MH insert at 38"

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS - Triple Track

> @rjr25 said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > I’m pretty sure this has been covered somewhere amongst this thread (wasn’t sure how to search) but what’s the census on having 2 heavy weights in the F9 driver? The 2g weight seems pretty much useless IMHO.

>

> Ive added about 7 grams of lead tape to mine, with around 5 of that being in the front area. Feels alot better to me. Now whether to just go heavier weights or keep the lead tape, since i have it more heel to toe than front to back

I also added lead tape to my head, I put it towards the front and on either side of the speedback triangle. It's so good I'm just gong to leave it and not mess with it.

Thanks to those who gave me input on the 10.5 vs 9. I called the local Golf Galaxy and they swapped a 9 degree for the 10.5. Stuck my Pro Orange in there at 8 degrees and played in my league with it on Thursday. Added about 2 grams of lead tape on each side of the head, just like my LTD Pro was setup, and tried the 14 gram weight in back. Weight in back was terrible for me. Hit one decent drive, kept topping them on the range and once during the round. After the round we played two holes on the way out and I swapped the heavy weight forward. Immediately felt better and contact was 100% better with no other changes. Love the sound, love the feel. Playing 18 on Monday and if I can swing it like I did on those two extra holes and the range I’ll definitely get over the disappointment of not having my LTD Pro anymore.

• Like 1

Cobra F9 - MRC Pro Orange 60TX
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Tour - MRC Pro White 70TX
Taylormade R9 5 Wood - MRC Pro White 70TX
Adams XTD Tour 4-PW- Nippon Super Peening Blue
Nike Engage 52, Vokey SM6 56 and 60
Bettinardi BB56

A couple of testers have seen great figures with the heavier weight in the back position. Are many users seeing big yards with the loft knocked down and the weight back versus a bit more loft coupled with a forward weight. Use of the weights, or even extra weights may well glean extra yards here on what already seems to be a helluva big dog.

> @GolfChannel said:

> F9 Tour is still magical. Distance is down to the quality of my strike, but still in the fairway the vast majority of the time.

This has been exactly my experience with the 10.5° Atmos 6 Blue in stiff flex. Three rounds in and I've hit some lovely long drives. The poor strikes have been short but still in the fairway or at least in the 1st cut rather than the trees! LOL.

Very happy so far.

• Like 1

Cobra King F9  Driver 10.5° Atmos Blue 6 stiff
17° Callaway X Hot 4 wood
20.5°& 23° Cleveland DST Launcher hybrids
Srixon ZX5 5 - PW Modus 105 Regular 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 48°/9° & 52°/11°, RTX 3 58°/9°
Ping Anser Sigma 2 putter

> @Malc said:

> A couple of testers have seen great figures with the heavier weight in the back position. Are many users seeing big yards with the loft knocked down and the weight back versus a bit more loft coupled with a forward weight. Use of the weights, or even extra weights may well glean extra yards here on what already seems to be a helluva big dog.

I like mine better @ 8* loft and 10g forward and 14g back. I seem to visually get my optimum mid-flight low spin drives...

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

For those with the F9 driver with different combinations of the weights (i.e. not the stock 14g and 2g set up), do you feel like you gain both increased accuracy and speed, one or the other or just better overall feeling? I've got the F9 and it's the longest driver I've ever hit but could use a little more accuracy... is going 14g 14g the move?

Titleist TSR3 10* - Tensei 1K White 60TX

Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Mitsubishi Kaili White 70X

TRS2 21* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 80X

Titleist T100 - Project X 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM 9 48*/53*/58* - Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx

Taylormade Spider X

2023 ProV1X