SuperSpeed Golf training system

> @Wesquire said:

> > @clevited said:

> > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > @clevited said:

> > > > Binge posting a bit as I haven't posted much in a long while but how many on here have ever compared their SSR to a Trackman with their gamer club? How off have you found it to be?

> > >

> > > On trackman I get to low 120s on good swings. On SSR I'm mid 120s. Until last week, my green stick averages were low 130s and my red stick were just under 120. I just don't swing the sticks fast relative to my driver, but I've never actually gone through the SSG program.

> >

> > Awesome information thanks for responding to my question. That is just another correlating point for my theory about the red stick and how it relates to your driver generally. Some are a little slower with driver than red stick others are other way around. They are generally within a few mph from several people I have conversed with.

> >

> > SSR is that accurate for you wow. Good stuff. Thanks for that.

>

> This could be completely wrong, but I think the SSR accuracy depends on how you swing. I've read some stuff that leads me to believe that the SSR measures more toward the toe, so people that come in with an open face and roll their wrists hard through impact will have a bigger difference in speed on SSR and trackman. People that square the face early and have less face rotation will have a more similar reading. Just another theory.

I agree with you that accuracy of SSR is highly depending on how fast the face rotates through radar beam. I would assume you hit pretty straight then.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

> @clevited said:

> > @SirFuego said:

> > > @Wesquire said:

> > > So I've got a theory. Tell me what you guys think. Take this example:

> > >

> > > Player 1 has a normal driver speed of 110. He can swing the green stick at 120. Player 2 has a normal driver speed of 110. He can swing the green stick at 135.

> > >

> > > My theory is that player 2 is being limited by his swing mechanics or muscular strength more than a CNS limit that overspeed training would improve. Player 1 has more CNS limited speed left on the table.

> >

> > The SSG folks hosted their first webinar back in April (past webinars can be replayed [here](https://superspeedgolf.com/blogs/news "here")). At about the 13:00 minute mark they throw up a graphic that while doing the SSG protocol (where you swing green, then blue, then red), the green stick should be about 19% faster than a normal driver clubhead speed, blue should be 15% higher, and red should be 10% above. So the golfer with a 110 mph driver clubhead speed should be swinging the green stick at about 130-131mph.

> >

> > While I'm sure those numbers vary from person to person, so I admittedly have no context of the variance of those percentages posted, I would tend to think that player 1 has some sort of technical or physical limitation preventing him from getting to 130 and player 2 is taking something off of his normal driver swing (either perhaps to keep it straight -- in which there is a technical issue somewhere -- or something mental changes when a ball is introduced). That said, I could very easily be swayed in that opinion. The SSG folks have also discussed "normalization" vs "plateau" phases (discussed in that same webinar with a graphic), so I wouldn't be surprised if you might the percentages I listed above vary more during normalization than the plateau phases. Based on that graphic, I don't think I (personally) would get too concerned about hitting those specific percentages and perhaps look at the advanced protocols after about 15-20 weeks if things don't seem to be going as planned.

> >

> > I found it interesting that if you go to their [Advanced Protocols](https://superspeedgolf.com/pages/advanced-speed-development-protocols "Advanced Protocols"), and download that [instruction manual](https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0096/3736/3812/files/ASD_Instruction_Manual_b52a5351-3ff8-403c-a8e2-396b79c3cfab.pdf?2679 "instruction manual"), they have different tests to determine identify deficiencies in ground forces, kinematic sequencing, and/or lag. The kinematic sequencing test was interesting -- with good kinematic sequencing, a half-swing with your driver (lead arm parallel to the ground) should only see your clubhead speed drop off by 7%. If you have a larger dropoff than 7% (so a golfer swinging at 110mph should still be able to swing at about 102-103 mph with a half-swing). Provided that's a legit test, seeing guys like Rahm and Finau get such high clubhead speeds with short swings isn't quite as surprising.

> >

> > They are hosting [another webinar this week](https://zoom.us/webinar/register/ae4b15b98b7285e04ac87b605f06faf5 "another webinar this week"), so maybe you could submit a question and see if they address it? I watched the replays of past webinars and it looks like that the first part is them presenting on a specific topic, but it's followed up by questions not just on that topic, but SSG in general.

>

> Very interesting information. They think a person generally swings the red stick 10% faster than driver? I would love to see their data. I think its almost entirely mental. No ball, swing free and don't care about hitting an object. If your swing is naturally sound and when you swing fast as you can it stays pretty sound, it seems to be very close to the same as a standard length driver. Of course swing weight, and overall weight of the driver as well as length can make a difference but just for an example that is easy to find, Tyler Parsons has a couple videos where he maxes out at 133 with the red stick and in a later video he maxes out at 132 on Trackman with what looks like a standard length driver. There are others that show this as well, including myself on occasion (my swing is much less sound though, I just have good days here and there).

>

> There have also been plenty that don't swing their driver anywhere close to what their SSG numbers indicate they might be able to. Again, I think a lot of it is mental.

It's my understanding that the 10% faster was captured while doing the SS protocol. In other words, those numbers would have been captured after the person just finished swinging the green and blue sticks. If you just picked up a red stick at a random time of the day and started swinging it as fast as you can, I'm not so sure you would see the 10% numbers. IIRC, they were discussing that in the context of why they suggest the order of green/blue/red instead of, say, red/blue/green.

I think your idea of being able to swing "freer" without a ball or any repercussions for a poorly hit ball is spot on. I think most of our brains have a "limiter" to ensure that we can actually square the clubface and/or make solid contact. Swinging without a ball or consequences removes that limiter and now the brain knows what it is capable of. Once we start taking real shots again, that limiter kicks back in. However, over time, the limiter relaxes itself and allows you to swing faster even with a ball and consequences.

Getting back into the training after a year off, about 7 weeks in on Protocol 1. Definitely seeing distance gains on the course which I'm thrilled with (10-20 yards off of the driver, half a club on irons). I think my gains are plateauing, so may transition to Protocol 2. A really really great tool - confident enough to play from 7000 yards (usually play from 6700-6800 max), and shot my best round of the year!

Titleist TSI3 8 degree w/Ventus Black 7x
Callaway X Hot Pro 3W 15 degrees
Mizuno CLK Hybrid 16 degrees
Titleist 712U 3 iron w/C-Taper X
Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-W w/Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey Blue Slate SM7 52, 58, 60 w/ DG S400
Odyssey ProType Black #9

> @SirFuego said:

> > @clevited said:

> > > @SirFuego said:

> > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > So I've got a theory. Tell me what you guys think. Take this example:

> > > >

> > > > Player 1 has a normal driver speed of 110. He can swing the green stick at 120. Player 2 has a normal driver speed of 110. He can swing the green stick at 135.

> > > >

> > > > My theory is that player 2 is being limited by his swing mechanics or muscular strength more than a CNS limit that overspeed training would improve. Player 1 has more CNS limited speed left on the table.

> > >

> > > The SSG folks hosted their first webinar back in April (past webinars can be replayed [here](https://superspeedgolf.com/blogs/news "here")). At about the 13:00 minute mark they throw up a graphic that while doing the SSG protocol (where you swing green, then blue, then red), the green stick should be about 19% faster than a normal driver clubhead speed, blue should be 15% higher, and red should be 10% above. So the golfer with a 110 mph driver clubhead speed should be swinging the green stick at about 130-131mph.

> > >

> > > While I'm sure those numbers vary from person to person, so I admittedly have no context of the variance of those percentages posted, I would tend to think that player 1 has some sort of technical or physical limitation preventing him from getting to 130 and player 2 is taking something off of his normal driver swing (either perhaps to keep it straight -- in which there is a technical issue somewhere -- or something mental changes when a ball is introduced). That said, I could very easily be swayed in that opinion. The SSG folks have also discussed "normalization" vs "plateau" phases (discussed in that same webinar with a graphic), so I wouldn't be surprised if you might the percentages I listed above vary more during normalization than the plateau phases. Based on that graphic, I don't think I (personally) would get too concerned about hitting those specific percentages and perhaps look at the advanced protocols after about 15-20 weeks if things don't seem to be going as planned.

> > >

> > > I found it interesting that if you go to their [Advanced Protocols](https://superspeedgolf.com/pages/advanced-speed-development-protocols "Advanced Protocols"), and download that [instruction manual](https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0096/3736/3812/files/ASD_Instruction_Manual_b52a5351-3ff8-403c-a8e2-396b79c3cfab.pdf?2679 "instruction manual"), they have different tests to determine identify deficiencies in ground forces, kinematic sequencing, and/or lag. The kinematic sequencing test was interesting -- with good kinematic sequencing, a half-swing with your driver (lead arm parallel to the ground) should only see your clubhead speed drop off by 7%. If you have a larger dropoff than 7% (so a golfer swinging at 110mph should still be able to swing at about 102-103 mph with a half-swing). Provided that's a legit test, seeing guys like Rahm and Finau get such high clubhead speeds with short swings isn't quite as surprising.

> > >

> > > They are hosting [another webinar this week](https://zoom.us/webinar/register/ae4b15b98b7285e04ac87b605f06faf5 "another webinar this week"), so maybe you could submit a question and see if they address it? I watched the replays of past webinars and it looks like that the first part is them presenting on a specific topic, but it's followed up by questions not just on that topic, but SSG in general.

> >

> > Very interesting information. They think a person generally swings the red stick 10% faster than driver? I would love to see their data. I think its almost entirely mental. No ball, swing free and don't care about hitting an object. If your swing is naturally sound and when you swing fast as you can it stays pretty sound, it seems to be very close to the same as a standard length driver. Of course swing weight, and overall weight of the driver as well as length can make a difference but just for an example that is easy to find, Tyler Parsons has a couple videos where he maxes out at 133 with the red stick and in a later video he maxes out at 132 on Trackman with what looks like a standard length driver. There are others that show this as well, including myself on occasion (my swing is much less sound though, I just have good days here and there).

> >

> > There have also been plenty that don't swing their driver anywhere close to what their SSG numbers indicate they might be able to. Again, I think a lot of it is mental.

> It's my understanding that the 10% faster was captured while doing the SS protocol. In other words, those numbers would have been captured after the person just finished swinging the green and blue sticks. If you just picked up a red stick at a random time of the day and started swinging it as fast as you can, I'm not so sure you would see the 10% numbers. IIRC, they were discussing that in the context of why they suggest the order of green/blue/red instead of, say, red/blue/green.

>

> I think your idea of being able to swing "freer" with a ball or any repercussions for a poorly hit ball is spot on. I think most of our brains have a "limiter" to ensure that we can actually square the clubface and/or make solid contact. Swinging without a ball or consequences removes that limiter and now the brain knows what it is capable of. Once we start taking real shots again, that limiter kicks back in. However, over time, the limiter relaxes itself and allows you to swing faster even with a ball and consequences.

Others will claim a higher speed with a ball present since you have a target to hit.

I sent that question to SSG and this was their response:

Hello!

Thanks for your email. You are spot on with the first part in that overspeed training works because it trains your CNS to regulate at a higher speed.

As for your other comments see below:

Would it make sense that when the green stick speed is not that much faster than the driver, there is more CNS progress that can be made?

Yes, or they just aren't being aggressive enough with the green club and can swing it faster than they are. Or it could be because their CNS system has a "governor" on the speed tap that controls the speed the signals are sent and the governor won't allow it to get faster if there is any pain, injury, muscle imbalance or anything that the body is innately trying to protect.

And maybe if your green stick speed is far above your driver speed, theres maybe more of a muscular or swing limitation?

You want the green stick to be optimally 19% faster. If you're faster than that then the chances are there could be a driver fitting issue causing technique issues, or just technique issues associated with hitting the ball, but not a muscular limitation. It's a good thing, not a limitation.

I hope this helps,

Thanks,

**Incidentally, it seems like this answer indicates that if you are swinging the green stick at 20% or more faster than driver....you might not have much more room to benefit from overspeed training.**

Titleist TSi3 8° - HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60TX

Titleist TS3 15° - HZRDUS Black (Hand Crafted) 70TX

Titleist 818 H2 19° - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Ping i200 - SteelFiber i125x

Edison - SteelFiber i125s

LAB DF 2.1 Armlock - LAGP

Snell MTB-X

> @Wesquire said:

> I sent that question to SSG and this was their response:

>

> Hello!

>

> Thanks for your email. You are spot on with the first part in that overspeed training works because it trains your CNS to regulate at a higher speed.

> As for your other comments see below:

> Would it make sense that when the green stick speed is not that much faster than the driver, there is more CNS progress that can be made?

> Yes, or they just aren't being aggressive enough with the green club and can swing it faster than they are. Or it could be because their CNS system has a "governor" on the speed tap that controls the speed the signals are sent and the governor won't allow it to get faster if there is any pain, injury, muscle imbalance or anything that the body is innately trying to protect.

> And maybe if your green stick speed is far above your driver speed, theres maybe more of a muscular or swing limitation?

> You want the green stick to be optimally 19% faster. If you're faster than that then the chances are there could be a driver fitting issue causing technique issues, or just technique issues associated with hitting the ball, but not a muscular limitation. It's a good thing, not a limitation.

>

> I hope this helps,

>

> Thanks,

>

>

>

>

>

> **Incidentally, it seems like this answer indicates that if you are swinging the green stick at 20% or more faster than driver....you might not have much more room to benefit from overspeed training.**

IMO, if I was swinging the green stick > 19% than my driver, I would look at it the following way:

* I should be physically capable of swinging my driver a lot faster.

* There has to be a difference between my swing with the SuperSpeed sticks and a real club. Maybe look at myself on video doing both and see what looks different. If I don't know what to look for or nothing is glaringly obvious, then...

* It might be time for a lesson -- particularly one that is familiar with overspeed training.

* Continuing SuperSpeed training is still training my muscles to fire faster. So even when I do address the technical issues or mental block, I'll be that much further ahead if I continue.

* Continuing SuperSpeed training might eventually trigger something in my brain to remove that governor on real swings.

* I know there is nothing suggesting this in SuperSpeed protocol, but I think I would even consider swinging my real driver either in place of the blue stick or in between the blue and red sticks. Maybe incorporating a real driver would help?

* On the range, bring my green stick. Swing that once or twice. Then try to hit balls with my driver to replicate the same feeling as the green stick while ignoring where the ball actually goes. Rinse, repeat. Jason Glass recommends a [modified version of the SuperSpeed protoco](https://www.jasonglassperformancelab.com/2018/04/25/coach-glass-speed-training-protocol/ "modified version of the SuperSpeed protoco")l, but the very last two things he has you do is hit three balls as hard as you can with the driver with complete disregard as to where it goes, then hit three balls with your normal driver swing.

• Like 1

Anyone else ever tested their swing speed radar vs trackman or flightscope? I am pretty confident you can trick them to an abnormally large degree. They can read high anywhere between 2% and 10% it seems. I am convinced it is how you swing the club that determines how off or not off it is. For reference, I swing a standard length driver 131-139 but I am a very inside out path, fast toe closure, push hook or straight block hitter. I would think that is producing abnormally high numbers with SSR.

Edit: More or less looking for anyone with a similar swing path that has confirmed how much they are typically off compared to Trackman. Probably won't have much luck, but worth a shot I figured. I will have to pony up some dough and rent the Trackman at my local course for a while and see.

I just finished the initial six-week training protocol. I'm very happy with the results I have seen. As background, I'm 69 yrs. old, in fairly decent shape. My last trackman data in 2013 recorded my driver swing at 83 mph. For many years my thought process with my driver has been, the easier and more under control I swing, the better results I get. That 83 mph is a result of that thinking. I don' t have the Swing Speed Radar, but I recorded a baseline with a Swingbyte 1 at the start of the training. Six weeks ago I measured my max driver swing at 93 mph and my normal swing at 86 mph. I measured again yesterday, after training with the Speed Sticks and I recorded a max swing speed of 98 mph and my new, on course driver swing at 93 mph. I'm not convinced that the raw numbers are valid with the Swingbyte, but they are reliable as I tried to keep the testing variables the same. So it looks like I've gained about 6-7 mph just with the first training protocol. One unintended positive that has come out of the training is that I have more confidence that I can swing faster on the course than I was allowing myself before the training. I think what has helped is I have not only swung the speed sticks at 100% effort, but I have tried to maintain my form while doing so. Even more importantly than the data, I have, without question, noticed an increase in distance on the course. I've played the same 8 courses for the last 30 years. I know where my drives end up on every hole if I have decent contact. I've played 12 rounds since I started the training and am now consistently ending up in parts of the fairway I could never reach before. A conservative estimate is 15-18 yards further. As one who has always been sceptical of training aids, I'm a strong believer in the SuperSpeed method.

> @clevited said:

> Anyone else ever tested their swing speed radar vs trackman or flightscope? I am pretty confident you can trick them to an abnormally large degree. They can read high anywhere between 2% and 10% it seems. I am convinced it is how you swing the club that determines how off or not off it is. For reference, I swing a standard length driver 131-139 but I am a very inside out path, fast toe closure, push hook or straight block hitter. I would think that is producing abnormally high numbers with SSR.

>

> Edit: More or less looking for anyone with a similar swing path that has confirmed how much they are typically off compared to Trackman. Probably won't have much luck, but worth a shot I figured. I will have to pony up some dough and rent the Trackman at my local course for a while and see.

If you use the superspeed clubs, you can't fool it as there is no toe.

> @I_HATE_SNOW said:

> > @clevited said:

> > Anyone else ever tested their swing speed radar vs trackman or flightscope? I am pretty confident you can trick them to an abnormally large degree. They can read high anywhere between 2% and 10% it seems. I am convinced it is how you swing the club that determines how off or not off it is. For reference, I swing a standard length driver 131-139 but I am a very inside out path, fast toe closure, push hook or straight block hitter. I would think that is producing abnormally high numbers with SSR.

> >

> > Edit: More or less looking for anyone with a similar swing path that has confirmed how much they are typically off compared to Trackman. Probably won't have much luck, but worth a shot I figured. I will have to pony up some dough and rent the Trackman at my local course for a while and see.

>

> If you use the superspeed clubs, you can't fool it as there is no toe.

I have my own home made SSG club but it would be nice when I am on the range if I can confirm that I am figuring this mental block thing out that keeps me from swinging as fast with an actual driver in my hand and ball on the tee. So its more of a separate question to the Superspeed issue. Trying to evaluate my actual swing speed after doing speed training. I will just have to rent a Trackman for an hour or something to determine how off it is.

@Z1ggy16 one suggestion might be to bring them with you to the course, then just swing right after the round. I find that convenience is the big thing for me when it comes to exercise. (Although it looks weird and I myself don't use the SSG at the course, let a lone the range where I would probably scare people)

I only do them 2x week - and not the full protocol - just 6-7x per side on each club - and pretty much have kept all of the swing speed. Doing it less saves my left hand which can get sore after all the work I put it through when you consider workouts and regular practice as well.

My issue is I need to gain back a little speed - early this year I got my max green up to like 141mph but took a long break when i hurt my ankle. The other day I maxed at 120 or so after basically a 3 month break D:

Was hoping just doing full protocol but 1x a week could at least get me up to like 130 max green within a month or so... and that would at least get my normal driver back to 115-ish where it used to be.

Just started the SSG training again after a ~5 month hiatus and have dropped significantly. Max green was 135 (though mostly high 120s) used to be high 140s. However, my Red was still decent at 120. Not sure why I'm swinging the green only a few MPH faster than Red.

To further complicate things, I did lefty swings as well, which seem to be effortless and are just as fast as my dominant side (with green). Not sure if perhaps I'm loading and sequencing better on my left side or what, but it's very strange.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

After a bunch of starts and stops, I decided to "start from scratch" and make a real effort to be more consistent with the SS protocols. My mentality with the protocols has been to try to maximize the "speed-to-effort" ratio. Basically, instead of just trying to swing all out, I try to swing all out, but also experiment with different feels and see what generates the most speed with the least amount of effort. The step-change drill has really helped to smooth out my transition/tempo. I have found that "hands high" (similar to the concept of the "arm swing illusion") allows me to generate a great amount of speed. Doing a "dump and turn" (similar to Monte's "bump, dump, and turn" drill without a conscious bump) really reduces the effort needed to generate speed.

All of these have translated into good things with the regular swing. It seems that all of the above is really improving my sequencing, swing plane, and swing path. Basically, I'm going at this with the mentality that whatever I do to maximize my speed-to-effort ratio with SS will ultimately be "good" for my swing. So even if I shank a few after discovering a new feel/thought, I just brush it off and just make some minor adjustments to where my clubface is pointing in the backswing swing to get it square at impact.

So after a number of "starts" and "stops" in terms of actually doing SS, I decided to "start from scratch" a few weeks ago with a focusing on maximizing what I call the "speed-to-effort" ratio. Basically, I've been following the level 1 protocol, but really experimenting and noting that anything that increases speed, reduces effort, or ideally both. I generally am only able to hit a small bucket once or twice a week, so I don't have a lot of time on the range to really refine my technique. So I've changed my mentality that anything that increases speed or decreases effort (while maintaining, or more ideally improving, speed) will get implemented in my swing and I'll just "figure out" how to square the clubface when I do get a chance to hit real balls. Basically the only "drills" I've been doing has been SS.

In that time, I've found some stuff that has increased my green stick from the mid-high 120s to the low-130s. I've also implemented it in my regular swing with minimal issues. I haven't re-checked my normal driver speed, but it was at around 110ish when I started a few weeks ago per a driver fitting I just had.

Things that I have noticed:

1. The step change drill has really improved my tempo. The three green stick swings prescribed at the end of the protocol (which are immediately after the step change) tend to be my fastest because I'm more tuned to an ideal tempo.

2. The higher my arms get, the faster I swing. My concept of higher arms is pretty similar to the "arm swing illusion" (or at least the "free" version of that concept that is available).

3. "Dump and turn" works really well. I kind of figured this out by posing statically in an "ideal" impact position and note where my arms were in relation to the top of the backswing. I came to find out that this concept is pretty similar to Monte's "Bump, Dump, and Turn" without consciously trying to bump. A conscious bump seems to cause me to slide, and I've never had an issue with getting onto my left foot, so I think I just do that naturally and a conscious bump exaggerates what I already do.

4. When hitting real balls, my backswing pretty much dictates how well I can square the clubface at impact so as long as my backswing is good, I haven't found a need to "force" anything on the downswing to square things up.

5. My speed really goes down when I lose posture.

6. **You need to use a speed radar (or something equivalent) when doing the protocols**. It is way too easy to confuse effort and speed for each other, so having the immediate feedback of how fast you are swinging really helps you to understand the difference between speed and effort.

7. I really like swinging without a ball or anything to square at impact and just going all out. It seems that any wasted effort is amplified by going all out, so it really quickly identifies any swing flaws and allows for me to quickly adjust my technique.

Just sharing this to help anyone questioning whether or not SS will "mess up" your real swing.

Don't know of anyone else has experienced this. But the first time I tried this after about 6 sessions my wrists were killing me. Not to sound like an ass but I am in great shape and religiously work out 6 days a week, weights and cardio. So anyway I stopped for a while as my wrist were really sore and was definitely affecting my normal swing.

So it's been about 2 months so I decided to give it another try. After 3 ( beginner ) sessions same thing so again I have stopped.

Anyone else having issues like this?

DRIVER -     PXG Gen 4 0811X - 8* | 🔥PROXIMA 5S🔥
2 WD -         PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

5 / 7 WD-    PXG Gen 5 | Project X Riptide CB 4.0 40g Ladies 

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

> @SEP1006 said:

> Don't know of anyone else has experienced this. But the first time I tried this after about 6 sessions my wrists were killing me. Not to sound like an **** but I am in great shape and religiously work out 6 days a week, weights and cardio. So anyway I stopped for a while as my wrist were really sore and was definitely affecting my normal swing.

>

> So it's been about 2 months so I decided to give it another try. After 3 ( beginner ) sessions same thing so again I have stopped.

>

> Anyone else having issues like this?

Yes. In particular, my lead wrist was sore after training. I'm almost certain that (for me at least) it was from deceleration of the club after early extension. When you early extend, your arms are pulling your wrists in one direction, while the momentum of the club is moving them in another. So to stop the club, you need to tense up your wrists/forearms. Couple that with the fact that you are swinging faster than a normal golf swing AND there is no ball impact (and ground impact for irons) to help decelerate the club, your wrists/forearms need to work extra hard to decelerate the club in the follow through.

In fact, that's one factor that prompted me to be more experimental with my SS training (the post right above yours). Through the experimentation, I find that my wrists are no longer sore because I'm swinging much more efficiently. My follow through feels more stable and it doesn't feel like I'm fighting anything to stop the club in the follow through.

> @SEP1006 said:

> Don't know of anyone else has experienced this. But the first time I tried this after about 6 sessions my wrists were killing me. Not to sound like an **** but I am in great shape and religiously work out 6 days a week, weights and cardio. So anyway I stopped for a while as my wrist were really sore and was definitely affecting my normal swing.

>

> So it's been about 2 months so I decided to give it another try. After 3 ( beginner ) sessions same thing so again I have stopped.

>

> Anyone else having issues like this?

Based on your workout regimen this may be a silly question, but are your wrists strong? SSG definitely puts a bunch of strain on your forearms, back, chest, neck & wrists. If the answer is yes, perhaps check your grip. I didn't have an issue with my wrists, but I had one where the palm of my dominant hand (Right) was hurting me after several swings. Last night I realized my Left thumb was crossing over the grip and poking my R palm, causing it to hurt after each swing. I moved my thumb more towards the center of the grip and not only did the pain go away, but my speed increased profoundly as well. I was consistently seeing 6-8mph more with the changed grip. I'm pretty sure it's only a SSG thing though, because my palm never hurts during a round. Will check my grip when I swing a club though.

Was very pleased last night to see the Green stick in the mid 130s. Not quite mid 140s where I was, but better than the consistent mid-upper 120s I've been seeing the last few sessions. Was able to get the Red up to 119 as well, which was good. Still boggles me that my Lefty swings are just as fast as Right, but it is what it is. Must be either sequencing, imbalance of core muscles, or perhaps hip mobility.

I too have had the hand and wrist pain. I can hit golf balls all day, hard as I want, but swinging a club without hitting anything, especially a heavy one, is definitely hard on you. The ball takes up a ton of that energy and makes it much easier on your body. I take a couple weeks off swinging anything if I feel pain in my wrists and hands and fingers.

> @David69 said:

> I also have to use gloves on both hands to help with the grip pressure when using the speed sticks.

Yes, me too! I wear two gloves on the range too when I am going through a long session. It helps me relax my hands and swing much more fluidly. I would do it on the course to stay consistent if it wasn't such a pain to take two sweaty gloves off to chip and putt each hole.

Well thanks for the input guys, maybe I just need to take this real slow and go from there. Will start up again with that thought process.

And SirFuego what you said makes perfect sense.

PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 

After a slow start last night, got my last green set up to 140! Felt good seeing that number again. Got the blue up to 131 normal swings and red 121. Consciously making a deep shoulder turn really makes a difference on the radar.

SirFuego - thanks again for your comments. You were spot on, started back up a few days ago keeping what you said in mind. So far no wrist issues.

PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0