KBS CT Tour Putter Shafts

Divot_Forensicist

> @"Go Horns!" said:

> KBS website now says that 0.355 is coming soon. Any reviews of these shafts?

They’ve been saying that since forever.

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2, Tour KBS GPS, 33",
 SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: Callaway Fairway 14 Stand Bag / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

• 1 month later...

Really wish they would release the .355 straight shaft in matte black so I could put one in my Scotty T22 Newport.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS3/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

> @coreyhr said:

> Really wish they would release the .355 straight shaft in matte black so I could put one in my Scotty T22 Newport.

I just picked up a brushed chrome in .355 the other day. It does not appear that KBS is in any hurry to add other color or bends in .355.

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Bag/Cart: Callaway Fairway 14 Stand Bag / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit

> @dbdors said:

> > @coreyhr said:

> > Really wish they would release the .355 straight shaft in matte black so I could put one in my Scotty T22 Newport.

> I just picked up a brushed chrome in .355 the other day. It does not appear that KBS is in any hurry to add other color or bends in .355.

What’s your thoughts on it? It’s hard to tell on their website by the pictures how good it would look with a black putter head. I’ve thought about just going the black iron shaft route, but there’s a lot of different opinions on which stiffness and starting length to buy.

> @coreyhr said:

> > @dbdors said:

> > > @coreyhr said:

> > > Really wish they would release the .355 straight shaft in matte black so I could put one in my Scotty T22 Newport.

> > I just picked up a brushed chrome in .355 the other day. It does not appear that KBS is in any hurry to add other color or bends in .355.

>

> What’s your thoughts on it? It’s hard to tell on their website by the pictures how good it would look with a black putter head. I’ve thought about just going the black iron shaft route, but there’s a lot of different opinions on which stiffness and starting length to buy.

>

First, I have two of these. A black .370 installed on an [Evnroll ER 1.2](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1748594/evnroll-er-1-2-back-from-bos/p1?new=1 "Evnroll ER 1.2"). And I bought the brushed chrome in .355 to replace another black shaft in a refurbished [sC Detour Newport 2](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1763221/sc-detour-make-over "SC Detour Newport 2"). I don't have a pic yet as I'm waiting on a grip. But I never thought the black shaft in a SS head looked good.

I don't have any performance thoughts. It feels like a putter shaft. I cannot say that is feels any better or I putt any better vs. the original Evnroll shaft. I really like the putter and putt very well with it.

I love the looks, the finish is much better than the typical black shafts I've had in the past. It looks more like a black oxide finish rather than a powder coat or other paint.

• Like 1

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0

> @dbdors said:

> > @coreyhr said:

> > > @dbdors said:

> > > > @coreyhr said:

> > > > Really wish they would release the .355 straight shaft in matte black so I could put one in my Scotty T22 Newport.

> > > I just picked up a brushed chrome in .355 the other day. It does not appear that KBS is in any hurry to add other color or bends in .355.

> >

> > What’s your thoughts on it? It’s hard to tell on their website by the pictures how good it would look with a black putter head. I’ve thought about just going the black iron shaft route, but there’s a lot of different opinions on which stiffness and starting length to buy.

> >

> First, I have two of these. A black .370 installed on an [Evnroll ER 1.2](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1748594/evnroll-er-1-2-back-from-bos/p1?new=1 "Evnroll ER 1.2"). And I bought the brushed chrome in .355 to replace another black shaft in a refurbished [sC Detour Newport 2](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1763221/sc-detour-make-over "SC Detour Newport 2"). I dont have a pic yet as I'm waiting on a grip. But I never thought the black shaft in a SS head looked good.

> I don't have any performance thoughts. It feels like a putter shaft. I cannot say that is feels any better or I put any better vs. the original Evnroll shaft. I really like the putter and putt very well with it. I love the looks, the finish is much better that the typical black shafts I've had in the past. It looks more like a black oxide finish rather than a powder coat or other paint.

Thanks. Would love to see a pic of the brushed chrome when you get it installed. I might go that route too.

• Like 1

> @coreyhr said:

> > @dbdors said:

> > > @coreyhr said:

> > > > @dbdors said:

> > > > > @coreyhr said:

> > > > > Really wish they would release the .355 straight shaft in matte black so I could put one in my Scotty T22 Newport.

> > > > I just picked up a brushed chrome in .355 the other day. It does not appear that KBS is in any hurry to add other color or bends in .355.

> > >

> > > What’s your thoughts on it? It’s hard to tell on their website by the pictures how good it would look with a black putter head. I’ve thought about just going the black iron shaft route, but there’s a lot of different opinions on which stiffness and starting length to buy.

> > >

> > First, I have two of these. A black .370 installed on an [Evnroll ER 1.2](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1748594/evnroll-er-1-2-back-from-bos/p1?new=1 "Evnroll ER 1.2"). And I bought the brushed chrome in .355 to replace another black shaft in a refurbished [sC Detour Newport 2](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1763221/sc-detour-make-over "SC Detour Newport 2"). I dont have a pic yet as I'm waiting on a grip. But I never thought the black shaft in a SS head looked good.

> > I don't have any performance thoughts. It feels like a putter shaft. I cannot say that is feels any better or I put any better vs. the original Evnroll shaft. I really like the putter and putt very well with it. I love the looks, the finish is much better that the typical black shafts I've had in the past. It looks more like a black oxide finish rather than a powder coat or other paint.

>

> Thanks. Would love to see a pic of the brushed chrome when you get it installed. I might go that route too.

I would appreciate your performance review. This is something I suggested to Evnroll and am considering.

> @coreyhr said:

> Really wish they would release the .355 straight shaft in matte black so I could put one in my Scotty T22 Newport.

just get one from putter lounge. they have both matte and glossy. i think matte would be a perfect match for the t22. https://www.regripit.com/putter-shafts/

• Like 1

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

> @Yanki01 said:

> > @coreyhr said:

> > Really wish they would release the .355 straight shaft in matte black so I could put one in my Scotty T22 Newport.

>

> just get one from putter lounge. they have both matte and glossy. i think matte would be a perfect match for the t22. https://www.regripit.com/putter-shafts/

Thanks for the suggestion. Funny enough I reached out to another member in the T22 thread that said they had a black shaft on the way. He too was going with the one from putter lounge. I wasn’t familiar with them until he mentioned it. I read up on them a bit and they seem to do quality work. I reached out to them and they also recommended the matte over the standard black. Think I’m going to give it a shot. Thanks again.

• 5 weeks later...

> @"Caddie Master" said:

> > @"j.a." said:

> > Has anyone tested and compared the CT Putter shaft to the Stability shaft?

>

> > @"j.a." said:

> > Has anyone tested and compared the CT Putter shaft to the Stability shaft?

>

> I’d like to see comparison tests of this, too.

>

>

I will have a KBS CT putter shaft soon in a custom MannKrafted. Will compare to my Scotty GSS Rickie with Stability shaft.

• Like 1
  1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

• 2 weeks later...

Anymore updates on this? Just picked up a toulon Las Vegas, non stroke lab and I'm thinking of having one installed. Tried a spider x and rally liked the balance of the shaft but not sure how it work on this 7 style putter head. Thanks!

Mizuno   STZ 230 9.5*   Tensei Raw White 65x

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

Shaft upgrade was done in about 40 min @ KBS Carlsbad location. Awesome staff from the moment you walk in to out. Special thanx to Bill. If you are in the area, you should totally check out.

From testing CT Tour shaft, it makes YUGE difference. First, club feels way more solid, definitely heavier, much clickier but super resonsive; you feel your good/bad shot instantly. Not sure how much my putt travels straighter but it seems like more true than before. It now feels like driving Porsche 911 versus Toyota Camry

I should have gotten lighter shaft but they still look good, IMO.

w69tn5wa23x7.jpg

d84aaa9v5ehg.jpg

nq0vdkqwulp2.jpg

c1kvcj0f56ns.jpg

w1jj8il0x24s.jpg

@tilasan1 Thanks for the input. Can you tell if it is more stiff than previous shaft? Not sure what shafts Bettinardi uses. From my research it seems like the shaft is a little more stiff which should help with feel. Not sure about weighting. Thanks again.

Mizuno   STZ 230 9.5*   Tensei Raw White 65x

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

• 2 months later...

For all the Scotty plumbers neck fans... looks like the .355 is finally available in matte black.

• 3 weeks later...

They appear to me to be the brushed chrome that have been colored black. So it has a brushed black (or matte) look. The butt end of the shafts show the brushed chrome and then start with black a couple of inches down. I dont have the cut off from the butt end or I'd take a picture. I wanted one for .355 but the color was off and I sent it back. If I do get another I'll take a picture.

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0

• 3 weeks later...

Here's another look at the finish at the butt end of the shaft. I play mine at 33" and the silver portion is completely cut off. But if longer as shown above, it's covered by the grip.

J83HFZA4TABR.jpg

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0

• 1 month later...

None for me, I use SS Mid Slim 2.0. No issues with fit. I do cut mine to 33”.

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0

I don’t know that I notice any difference, and I’m not going to declare that I make more, etc. because of it. I like the shaft and looks.

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0

The black finish is all the way down to the tip.

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0

I picked a few of these up in .355 and they look and feel exactly like a c-taper 8 or 9 iron shaft. Same weight, same thickness with caliper, same wall thickness at tip and butt. It makes sense as Bettinardi has used c-tapers for putter shafts in the past. Just appears to be marketed as a ‘putter’ shaft. I like the idea as I’ve always used c-tapers in my putters as I prefer a very stiff, heavier putter shaft.

First observations on the CT TOUR.

Installed last night, first use today.

On impact, don’t feel the shaft vibration. Felt this on the original Special NP2. Note the relevant specs: 34”, 17.5 weights & Matador medium grip.The sound slightly different, a little more muted but much more consistent.Along with sound, feels slightly firmer but OK. KEY difference is that it is more consistent.One member on this thread commented that it feels like ”one piece”, I concur...Figment of my imagination? Or a spike in adrenaline?

Nope, this is real. Putted several times throughout the day, same results. Controlled environment, indoor putting setup.