Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Diamana ZF

autronicdsm ·  
autronicdsmautronicdsm  800Posted: Members Posts: 800
Joined:  edited Jul 1, 2019 1:52pm in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment #1

Link to press release http://www.mitsubishichemicalgolf.jp/pdf/MCC_jp_1561947815.pdf
From google translate I believe it says this will be the stiffest tip in this generation of Diamana.

Posted:

Comments

• ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub  2530Posted: Members Posts: 2,530

I'm going to take a guess and say that based on the graphics and the fact that the chart says "Mid-High" kickpoint that this might just be a JDM version of the DF. Just a hunch though.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70xx ||  Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Callaway XHot 3Deep Pro 14.5* Veylix Rome 888x || Taylormade M1 13* Kuro Kage Dual Core 80TX
    Cobra F6 Baffler 16* Tensei Pro Orange 90TX || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    PING Anser 20* Aldila Rogue Black 110MSI 105h Tour-X || Taylormade V-Steel 21* Project X Rifle Satin 6.5
    Mizuno MP-H4 3i 21* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-H4 4i 24* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-59 4i-PW 24*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey  SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx1
    Vokey Special 62* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx2
    Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bullseye shaft

WITB Thread
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • phatchrisrulesphatchrisrules  2130Posted: Members Posts: 2,130

@Valtiel said:
    I'm going to take a guess and say that based on the graphics and the fact that the chart says "Mid-High" kickpoint that this might just be a JDM version of the DF. Just a hunch though.

Or maybe a replacement for the X'17? According to the X'17 spec sheets it matched up kind of close. But my money is on your JDM version though.

Posted:

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757
    Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85
    Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL
    Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold
    Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold
    Scotty Cameron Teryllium

• BearQBearQ  3667Posted: Members Posts: 3,667

@Valtiel said:

DF is already prominent on the JDM market and available through their sellers. I think it’s a new model albeit only slightly tweaked

Posted:

@phatchrisrules said:

@Valtiel said:

Or maybe a replacement for the X'17? According to the X'17 spec sheets it matched up kind of close. But my money is on your JDM version though.

That would be interesting! It says MR70 + Boron and if that were applied to the full length of the shaft then it could line up with a new X-series product, although it would be surprising and a bit confusing if they dropped the X-series name and used a convention from an existing product line.

@BearQ said:

@Valtiel said:

DF is already prominent on the JDM market and available through their sellers. I think it’s a new model albeit only slightly tweaked

Ah, interesting. I wonder if it is maybe a push towards having four core models in a lineup instead of three based on the Tensei success. Maybe the ZF is a counterbalanced version?

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70xx ||  Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Callaway XHot 3Deep Pro 14.5* Veylix Rome 888x || Taylormade M1 13* Kuro Kage Dual Core 80TX
    Cobra F6 Baffler 16* Tensei Pro Orange 90TX || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    PING Anser 20* Aldila Rogue Black 110MSI 105h Tour-X || Taylormade V-Steel 21* Project X Rifle Satin 6.5

WITB Thread

@MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:
    Hello All!

This is going to be a fourth part to the Fourth Generation Diamana Series. This is a new product for MCA and won't be replacing anything in our current lineup.

The US press release will be live on MCA-Golf.com in the very near future - I'll be sure to comment the link as soon as it goes up!

-Team MCA

Thank you for the info! Excited to see what the scoop is. :)

Posted:

WITB Thread

Advertisement
  • autronicdsmautronicdsm  800Posted: Members Posts: 800

Posted:
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.  1726Posted: ClubWRX Posts: 1,726

Interesting soft mid section. Hzrdus Yellow profile with upgraded materials? Should be a winner.

Posted:

@RonSwanson said:
    Interesting soft mid section. Hzrdus Yellow profile with upgraded materials? Should be a winner.

The HZRDUS Yellow is pretty extreme with its dip in mid stiffness, this merely looks like a mid ground between the DF and the BF per the chart. Mitsubishi tends to be far more smooth with their profiles while the Project X graphite shafts often go to more extreme to create specific feels. Still very cool though, I also wonder if this will be more counter balanced or not.

Posted:

WITB Thread
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.  1726Posted: ClubWRX Posts: 1,726

@Valtiel said:

@RonSwanson said:

The HZRDUS Yellow is pretty extreme with its dip in mid stiffness, this merely looks like a mid ground between the DF and the BF per the chart. Mitsubishi tends to be far more smooth with their profiles while the Project X graphite shafts often go to more extreme to create specific feels. Still very cool though, I also wonder if this will be more counter balanced or not.

Yeah, after looking at all the EI profiles, I might have jumped the gun on that comparison.

Seems like this could be a twist on the BF. Using the DF as the constant since that's all that is shone in the graphic, the BF dips softer in the "mid-tip" while the ZF moves that dip up to the "mid-handle" with a slightly stiffer handle overall than the BF.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GA 975Posted: Members Posts: 975

Diamana ZF Press Release from 7/2/19:

Carlsbad, CA – (July 01, 2019) – For the first time ever, Mitsubishi Chemical is adding a fourth profile to their popular Diamana™ Fourth Generation Series. The new Diamana™ ZF builds on the success of the Diamana™ BF and provides the perfect option for players looking to push their distance farther.

“Diamana™ ZF-Series takes the signature ‘smooth’ bend profile that makes our BF-Series the shaft of choice for so many players and pushes it in just the right places,” says Mark Gunther, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for MCA GOLF. “The result is a profile that makes ZF a little more explosive and easier to accelerate.”

Like all of their Diamana™ Fourth Generation Series predecessors, Diamana™ ZF shafts owe their carefully calibrated stiffness and stability to two unique technologies: MR70 carbon fiber material, and Boron fiber.

MR70, used in both the butt and tip sections, is 20% stronger than conventional materials, with a 10% greater modulus (a measure of stiffness). This is bolstered by Boron fiber in the tip section to create the exact EI curve desired.

When compared to Diamana™ BF-Series, the Diamana™ ZF-Series shafts are a moderately stronger and more stable in both the butt and tip ends, with a slightly softer and more active middle for better energy transfer and acceleration. This produces a shaft that is incredibly solid during transition at the top of the swing and through impact, but with smooth speed and a lively feel.

Adding to the excitement around Diamana™ ZF-Series is the inclusion of 40g version, the lightest Fourth Generation Shaft offered to date.

“We’re extremely happy to have a 40g option within Diamana™ ZF,” says Gunther. “This opens the performance benefits of these unique Mitsubishi Chemical materials to a whole new range of players who prefer to play an ultra-lightweight shaft.”

Diamana™ ZF-Series are ideal for any player looking to increase clubhead acceleration while maintaining stability and control through impact.

Diamana™ ZF-Series will be available September, 13 2019 at MCA GOLF authorized retailers and dealers nationwide, with a suggested retail price of$400.

Weights and flexes:
    DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 40 (R2, R, S Flex)
    DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 50 (R, S, TX Flex)
    DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 60 (S, TX Flex)
    DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 70 (S, TX Flex)
    DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 80 (S, TX Flex)

Profile:
    Mid Launch and Low Spin

Technology Featured:

MR70
    Specifically designed and developed by Mitsubishi Chemical for high-performance applications, MR70 is an innovative new carbon fiber material that is 20% stronger with a 10% greater modulus than conventional materials.

BORON
    Boron fiber is equivalent in stiffness to high modulus carbon fiber, but with superior compression strength. As a result, it is often utilized for structural reinforcement, most notably in military applications. Mitsubishi Chemical uses Boron fiber in combination with other proprietary materials to produce prepreg options that deliver unprecedented strength and stability.

ION PLATING
    Ion Plating is a process that creates a sophisticated, premium finish that cannot be achieved by a simple paint application. The shafts are placed in a vacuum chamber where chrome or silver alloy ions are fused to the surface, creating a stunning finish that is more than worth the extra time.

ABOUT US
    MCA GOLF, INC. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, dedicated to designing and developing high performance composite golf shafts for discerning golfers everywhere. MCA GOLF, INC. leverages its own resources and raw materials through vertical integration, which gives it a competitive advantage. Over the years, it has been a leading supplier of premium composite golf shafts worldwide. With many of the world's best players using its golf shafts, MCA GOLF, INC. has established itself as a dominant force in the golf industry.

For additional information, please contact:

Stacey Benvenuto
    Brand Marketing / Tour Representative
    MCA GOLF, INC.
    E. [email protected]

Date:
    July 02, 2019

Sounds like a perfect 3w match to me!

Posted:
    WITB

Driver - ***under construction***
    3W - ***under construction***
    Irons - ***under construction***
    Wedges - ***under construction***
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant

Beefed up blueboard profile? Love it! This will be a must try for sure.

Also on a completely different note, it is interesting that the fourth generation is the first to have four models. Many Japanese companies completely avoid the number 4 much in the same way we used to avoid "13" in the states. I wonder if anyone back in Japan was uncomfortable about this, hah.

Posted:

WITB Thread
  • SC-TX 88SC-TX 88  1063Posted: Members Posts: 1,063

So it’s like the PX LZ from a few years back?

Posted:
    M5 9.0 w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX tipped 1”
    M6 TI 3 (actual 14.8) w/Tensei Pro White 80 TX tipped 1.5”
    Miura MB 001 3-PW w/ PX LZ 7.0
    Vokey Indigo 452F (51 actual), Vokey SM7 Blue 54.08M (55 actual), Vokey WedgeWorks Blue 60T (52 PX LZ 6.5, 54/60 DGTI S400)
    Scotty Studio Select NP2/Taylormade Spider X
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS

Course dependent: P790 UDI w/ PX LZ 7.0; M5 5 wood w/Fuji Speeder 9.2 TS X

@SC-TX 88 said:
    So it’s like the PX LZ from a few years back?

The PX LZ is very similar to the HZRDUS Yellow and Smoke Yellow, far more extreme in its mid softness. It is the same basic principle though, just a Blueboard type of profile with more stiffness at either end.

Posted:

WITB Thread

I ordered one. 70TX. Will report back when it gets here.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Rig14PortRig14Port  849Posted: Members Posts: 849

@RonSwanson said:
    I ordered one. 70TX. Will report back when it gets here.

I'm jealous. if you don't like feel free to shoot me a pm...

Posted:
    WITB... Ha. Depends on what day it is
  • danielwkelliherdanielwkelliher  136Posted: Members Posts: 136

Anyone have this in play yet? Gaming DF now

Posted:

G410 LST - Diamana 60TX, Smoke Green 60 TX
    TS3 15.75 - Evenflow White 75 6.5
    919 Tours 4-PW - Project X 6.0
    RTX4 - 50/54-60 - S400 TI
    Spider X Custom and T22 NP2

I was told it won’t be released until September.

Posted:
  • MITSUBISHI CHEMICALMITSUBISHI CHEMICAL  148Posted: Sponsors Posts: 148

Hi All! Follow this link for specs on Diamana ZF: http://www.mrc-golf.com/products/zf-series

This is available in September with our large network of Authorized Dealers.

Comment with any questions!

-Team MCA

Posted:
  • danielwkelliherdanielwkelliher  136Posted: Members Posts: 136

Looks fantastic. Cant wait to try it against my DF

Posted:

G410 LST - Diamana 60TX, Smoke Green 60 TX
    TS3 15.75 - Evenflow White 75 6.5
    919 Tours 4-PW - Project X 6.0
    RTX4 - 50/54-60 - S400 TI
    Spider X Custom and T22 NP2

Advertisement
  • Rig14PortRig14Port  849Posted: Members Posts: 849

Hi All! Follow this link for specs on Diamana ZF: http://www.mrc-golf.com/products/zf-series

This is available in September with our large network of Authorized Dealers.

Comment with any questions!

-Team MCA

This thing sounds like my dream shaft... unfortunately, i cant justify $350 for a shaft. Anyone gets one in X/TX that they dont end up liking holler at me for a re-sale op.

Posted:
    WITB... Ha. Depends on what day it is
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJ 8083Posted: Members Posts: 8,083

if my Hulk doesn't work out, i'll be picking one of these up.

Posted:

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• jgard320jgard320  446Posted: ClubWRX Posts: 446

Literally just went rogue white in driver, 3w, 5w.....sheesh

Posted:
  • FunksterFunkster  2Posted: Members Posts: 2

Just in time for my driver fitting in September.

Posted:
  • huckitchuckithuckitchuckit California  89Posted: Members Posts: 89

So this seems like it falls in between a BF and DF.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MITSUBISHI CHEMICALMITSUBISHI CHEMICAL  148Posted: Sponsors Posts: 148

@huckitchuckit said:
    So this seems like it falls in between a BF and DF.

That is correct! Softer in the mid - firmer in the tip and butt vs. BF

Posted:
  • GL3GL3 NH 87Posted: ClubWRX Posts: 87

Ill be looking to pick one of these up real soon. If anyone can help me out with that shoot me a message!

Posted:
  • huckitchuckithuckitchuckit California  89Posted: Members Posts: 89

@jgard320 said:
    Literally just went rogue white in driver, 3w, 5w.....sheesh

Not a bad way to go...

Posted:

Advertisement
  • OcRockRollerOcRockRoller Humble Donkey Florida 220Posted: Members Posts: 220

JT putting this new shaft in play after a dominant win and with all this money on the line this week takes some huge balls and speaks volumes about this shaft. Pretty cool

Posted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file