Bridgestone B-XS vs B-RXS

gazgolf1

I have been playing the B-XS for 2 months now and I like the distance I'm getting off my driver and irons, soft feel and the extra height I get off the irons. Just wondering if anyone has tested this ball against the B-RXS? Is it possible that the RXS could spin more from 100 yards and in? I know the RXS is a lower compression ball than the XS and that might be a reason for me to play it. The reason I ask is that my playing partner found an RXS on the weekend and found it to spin noticeably more than the ProV1 that he normally plays, and then there is this video

Looking for advice from those who have played both balls.

I played the B330-RXS (not the Tour B version) and the Tour BXs -- similar in the distance and height, but the RXS is much softer so it will feel different. I like the firmer feel - so I prefer the BXs. I think both have more spin than most other balls for under 90mph swing speeds. So it may come down to feel.

I was at Firestone last week and tried their ball selector deal. Now my back was ( and is) wrecked so there was no way it was going to be a normal swing and told him that. I just wanted a sleeve of the RX to try. Not sure why as I love the xs and 330s. Be gave me the RX sleeve and I asked the difference and after beating around the bush he said compression.

Now I know there are certain low compression balls I consistently hit a club farther but they don't have the short game control I like and the feel is too soft with the irons I use. I haven't tried the RX out yet but if it could give the extra distance and retain the soin/ control I like then I would be on board. Until then I'll keep searching for unicorn riding mermaids.

The RXS is going to spin less than the XS off of every club in the bag. In general, the firmer the ball, the more it spins. The RXS is the softest and lowest spinning ball with a urethane cover that Bridgestone makes. Most everyone should be playing the XS or the X unless you are a VERY high spin player than needs to reduce spin on approach shots and don't mind giving up some ball speed off the driver.

• Like 1

> @arbeck said:

> The RXS is going to spin less than the XS off of every club in the bag. In general, the firmer the ball, the more it spins. The RXS is the softest and lowest spinning ball with a urethane cover that Bridgestone makes. Most everyone should be playing the XS or the X unless you are a VERY high spin player than needs to reduce spin on approach shots and don't mind giving up some ball speed off the driver.

RXS spins less then RX? hmmm thought the RX was lowest spinning of all the BStones?

> @monks66 said:

> > @arbeck said:

> > The RXS is going to spin less than the XS off of every club in the bag. In general, the firmer the ball, the more it spins. The RXS is the softest and lowest spinning ball with a urethane cover that Bridgestone makes. Most everyone should be playing the XS or the X unless you are a VERY high spin player than needs to reduce spin on approach shots and don't mind giving up some ball speed off the driver.

>

> RXS spins less then RX? hmmm thought the RX was lowest spinning of all the BStones?

I thought the same too. I always figured (probably incorrectly) the “S” was indicative of “spin.” Especially with the boxes showing that both the RX and the X tout “accuracy.” To me that says less spin. I can definitely admit I don’t know all though.

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

> @gazgolf1 said:

> I have been playing the B-XS for 2 months now and I like the distance I'm getting off my driver and irons, soft feel and the extra height I get off the irons. Just wondering if anyone has tested this ball against the B-RXS? Is it possible that the RXS could spin more from 100 yards and in? I know the RXS is a lower compression ball than the XS and that might be a reason for me to play it. The reason I ask is that my playing partner found an RXS on the weekend and found it to spin noticeably more than the ProV1 that he normally plays, and then there is this video

>

>

>

> Looking for advice from those who have played both balls.

According to robot testing with a wedge at 85 mph swing speed, the BXS spins on average 610 rpms more.

The prov1 actually spins on average 765 rpms more than the B-RXS. so I'm not sure how your partner determined that. Maybe its the wedge he is using? Vokey wedges spin like crazy so maybe its the club and not the ball for him

If you guys don't believe me, it is fine.

My experience goes as far back as Tourstage UXS, UX (star), U spin, etc. I was having Japanese friends translate box covers and magazines for me.

Maybe in some models the S models spin more as well, but the S models in the Tourstage/Bridgestone lines started as soft.

Just think which balls are firmer X or XS, RX or RXS?

Just saying the history of the use of "S" by Tourstage/Bridgestone.

Soft as a craze started in Japan 20 years ago. Even in premium urethane balls.

Maybe for the B BR lines it stands for spin.

I do find I spin the BX more than the BXS because I prefer low spinners. When I do that on the XS the ball seems to run up the face a bit and takes a bigger bounce on the first hop. Similar results for the BRX v BRXS.

> @xxio said:

> If you guys don't believe me, it is fine.

>

> My experience goes as far back as Tourstage UXS, UX (star), U spin, etc. I was having Japanese friends translate box covers and magazines for me.

>

> Maybe in some models the S models spin more as well, but the S models in the Tourstage/Bridgestone lines started as soft.

>

> Just think which balls are firmer X or XS, RX or RXS?

No they didn't. Notice how "soft" is noted?

Bridgestone makes a variety of premium quality golf balls, and gained notoriety for the Tour B330 series.The current line of products is the Tour B series (X, XS, RX, RXS), the e-Series (e12 Soft, e12 Speed, e6 Soft, e6 Speed, e6 Soft Lady Edition) and the Precept line. Other models include the Treosoft, X-Fixx and Extra-Soft.

It's been that way since the Lady earned notoriety.

S= spin

Soft=soft

"Forgetting the name change for a minute, it’s fair to say the new Tour B’s represent the normal evolution of the 2016 B330 series. The B330 series had been classified by swing speed – the B330/B330 S for over 105 MPH, and the B330 RX/B330 RXS for under 105 MPH – and by whether the golfer wanted more spin (hence the S) or more distance (no S)."

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @xxio said:

> > If you guys don't believe me, it is fine.

> >

> > My experience goes as far back as Tourstage UXS, UX (star), U spin, etc. I was having Japanese friends translate box covers and magazines for me.

> >

> > Maybe in some models the S models spin more as well, but the S models in the Tourstage/Bridgestone lines started as soft.

> >

> > Just think which balls are firmer X or XS, RX or RXS?

>

> No they didn't. Notice how "soft" is noted?

>

> Bridgestone makes a variety of premium quality golf balls, and gained notoriety for the Tour B330 series.The current line of products is the Tour B series (X, XS, RX, RXS), the e-Series (e12 Soft, e12 Speed, e6 Soft, e6 Speed, e6 Soft Lady Edition) and the Precept line. Other models include the Treosoft, X-Fixx and Extra-Soft.

>

> It's been that way since the Lady earned notoriety.

> S= spin

> Soft=soft

>

> "Forgetting the name change for a minute, it’s fair to say the new Tour B’s represent the normal evolution of the 2016 B330 series. The B330 series had been classified by swing speed – the B330/B330 S for over 105 MPH, and the B330 RX/B330 RXS for under 105 MPH – and by whether the golfer wanted more spin (hence the S) or more distance (no S)."

In the case of Bridgestone, the S models are both softer (cover and overall compression) and spin more than their corresponding X counterpart. Ultimately it doesn’t really matter what Bridgestone intended the S to stand for originally or what it means today.

> @third-times-a-charm said:

> S means SOFT for Bridgestone. There is no debate about it.

Except it wrong

"Forgetting the name change for a minute, it’s fair to say the new Tour B’s represent the normal evolution of the 2016 B330 series. The B330 series had been classified by swing speed – the B330/B330 S for over 105 MPH, and the B330 RX/B330 RXS for under 105 MPH – and by whether the golfer wanted more spin (hence the S) or more distance (no S)."

"However, Mellow also says that some players whose speed isn’t quite up to those on Tour can still get good results with the XS, provided they want a bit more spin off the tee."

The RX line is the softer ball. I talked to them (Bridgestone) about this at Firestone and the difference between the two lines is compression ( soft feel)

The xs and rxs are basically identical except for the compression ( softness) That's straight from the horses mouth.

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > S means SOFT for Bridgestone. There is no debate about it.

>

> Except it wrong

>

> "Forgetting the name change for a minute, it’s fair to say the new Tour B’s represent the normal evolution of the 2016 B330 series. The B330 series had been classified by swing speed – the B330/B330 S for over 105 MPH, and the B330 RX/B330 RXS for under 105 MPH – and by whether the golfer wanted more spin (hence the S) or more distance (no S)."

>

> "However, Mellow also says that some players whose speed isn’t quite up to those on Tour can still get good results with the XS, provided they want a bit more spin off the tee."

>

> The RX line is the softer ball. I talked to them (Bridgestone) about this at Firestone and the difference between the two lines is compression ( soft feel)

> The xs and rxs are basically identical except for the compression ( softness) That's straight from the horses mouth.

still dont believe this..

Right now with the soft=slow being a mantra ("They" might even print it as a logo) I don't any ball company will admit their premium balls are soft.

My data was the historical evolution of Tourstage naming their balls. Maybe they did change is for Bridgestone, but the company as far back as 12 years ago used S to denote the softer version of similar ball models

> @gazgolf1 said:

> I will be testing the B-RXS on my home course tomorrow if it performs better for my swing speed (lower compression) than the B-XS I will be using it going forward.

Ok so one round with the RXS today and I couldn't really tell the difference between it and the B-XS. Drives went roughly the same distance and spin from 100 yds and in was basically the same with greenside spin being a little worse, hard to get them to check. Feel was nice and soft just like the XS. I will be sticking with the B-XS.

I honestly know little about bridgestone balls but the answer is pretty obvious- there are two lines of balls with two models in each. The “R” line is targeted for slower swingers, the rx being slightly firmer and spins more than the rxs. The “x” line is for faster players, the x being firmer and more spin than the xs.

In order from softest compression to hardest- rxs, rx, xs, x.

Harder compressions will always have more ball speeds with a driver and spin more with a wedge. Misconception that soft spins more.

So in this case i think the “s” in the names means “soft” in comparison to its counterpoint in that particular line.

> @Red4282 said:

> I honestly know little about bridgestone balls but the answer is pretty obvious- there are two lines of balls with two models in each. The “R” line is targeted for slower swingers, the rx being slightly firmer and spins more than the rxs. The “x” line is for faster players, the x being firmer and more spin than the xs.

> In order from softest compression to hardest- rxs, rx, xs, x.

>

> Harder compressions will always have more ball speeds with a driver and spin more with a wedge. Misconception that soft spins more.

> So in this case i think the “s” in the names means “soft” in comparison to its counterpoint in that particular line.

Only the XS spins more than the X and the RXS spins more than the RX.

• Like 1