Srixon Z Star XV

jdvela55

> @RacineBoxer said:

> > @aztec575 said:

> > Played these balls today and found that they spin way too much. Anybody else have this issue?

>

> They do not spin more than other premium balls like TP5 or ProV1's.

I just got back into the game and used to play the Nike 20xI-x and Pro V1x. I was looking for a ball that played similar. I tried the 2019 XV for more than half my round. Just felt that it wasnt for me and it spun too much. Went back and played the Nike and the distance and feel around the greens was back. Weird I guess. I also played the Bridgestone Tour B X for the last hole and that ball felt really good.

TM Sim 2 9º

Cobra Speedzone 3w
TM Sim 5w

TM 9790 Irons
TM Spider X Putter
Vokey SM8 50º, 54º, 58º

> @aztec575 said:

> Played these balls today and found that they spin way too much. Anybody else have this issue?

This is an interesting ball. I love how it comes off the driver face, probably due to the high compression. But, the flight is a little high off the driver...still very good off the tee. But, I spin the ball off the mid-short irons. So, while this ball is pretty long off the tee for me it's about a club short on the approach shots - high, ballooning flight that comes up short. Of course, I should just club up. But, I'm not smart enough for that and forget to do it until about the time the ball is at it's apex and I think, "Dangit, there I go again to the front fringe..." But, tonight I played the front 9 at our course and only played irons. I'm turning more aggressively on the ball now and the XV seemed to perform really well with this iron-only round. Certainly an excellent ball. But, to your question...yes, spin can be an issue with this one. Don't struggle with that on the Z Star at all...

• Like 1

> @BeerPerHole said:

> > @aztec575 said:

> > Played these balls today and found that they spin way too much. Anybody else have this issue?

>

> This is an interesting ball. I love how it comes off the driver face, probably due to the high compression. But, the flight is a little high off the driver...still very good off the tee. But, I spin the ball off the mid-short irons. So, while this ball is pretty long off the tee for me it's about a club short on the approach shots - high, ballooning flight that comes up short. Of course, I should just club up. But, I'm not smart enough for that and forget to do it until about the time the ball is at it's apex and I think, "Dangit, there I go again to the front fringe..." But, tonight I played the front 9 at our course and only played irons. I'm turning more aggressively on the ball now and the XV seemed to perform really well with this iron-only round. Certainly an excellent ball. But, to your question...yes, spin can be an issue with this one. Don't struggle with that on the Z Star at all...

Sounds like I need to check out the Z star! Thank you

• Like 1

TM Sim 2 9º

Cobra Speedzone 3w
TM Sim 5w

TM 9790 Irons
TM Spider X Putter
Vokey SM8 50º, 54º, 58º

I have been playing regular Z Stars since the big sale last year (and bought some more this year), but I also got a couple dozen of Z Star XV balls. I have to say for me they spin just a touch less than the regular Z Stars for me and I really liked them. Still had plenty of spin on chip shots and such. Sometimes a regular Z Star will spin just a little too much on an iron or drive, but I did not see this with the XV (only one round so far). I am playing again tomorrow so I am hoping for similar results.

I have a question. I see that dicks/gg has the 2 for $50 sale on these right now but it appears it’s just the last gen 2017 model.

Do the current gen models ever get this sale? I normally play a cheaper ball but I want some nice ones for a tournament next month.

Also, is there a noticeable difference between the 2017 & 2019 models? Thanks!

> @gohatters said:

> I have a question. I see that dicks/gg has the 2 for $50 sale on these right now but it appears it’s just the last gen 2017 model.

>

> Do the current gen models ever get this sale? I normally play a cheaper ball but I want some nice ones for a tournament next month.

>

> Also, is there a noticeable difference between the 2017 & 2019 models? Thanks!

You just missed their annual sale during us open/father's day week. They sell current models as BOGO free which is 2 for $40.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

> @NailedIt said:

> golfdiscount.com 6 packs for $10 on 2019 zstar/xv. I just received my 2 dz yesterday. Free shipping when you spend $99. They ship fast too. Ordered Monday, received Wednesday.

Disappointed I couldn’t get them personalized through this site but the price was he important part. Thanks for the tip. Pulled the trigger on these. Will use them for competitive rounds.

I tried the Zstar for fun as I was given a sleeve. and it spun way to much for me. Liking the feel I tried the XV hoping for less spin and it still spins more than my regular ball (TPX5). Sticking with the TPX. I will say though they are damn good balls and I can see it fitting a lot of players. I just spin the ball a lot.

> @CDM said:

> I tried the Zstar for fun as I was given a sleeve. and it spun way to much for me. Liking the feel I tried the XV hoping for less spin and it still spins more than my regular ball (TPX5). Sticking with the TPX. I will say though they are **** good balls and I can see it fitting a lot of players. I just spin the ball a lot.

Zstar was a perfect fit for me and I thought it didnt spin as much as the XV.

TM Sim 2 9º

Cobra Speedzone 3w
TM Sim 5w

TM 9790 Irons
TM Spider X Putter
Vokey SM8 50º, 54º, 58º

> @aztec575 said:

> > @CDM said:

> > I tried the Zstar for fun as I was given a sleeve. and it spun way to much for me. Liking the feel I tried the XV hoping for less spin and it still spins more than my regular ball (TPX5). Sticking with the TPX. I will say though they are **** good balls and I can see it fitting a lot of players. I just spin the ball a lot.

>

> Zstar was a perfect fit for me and I thought it didnt spin as much as the XV.

I really spin a ball. I just tried the AVX as everyone says its low spinning/lauch. I was hitting it just like the TPX5 last weekend. It was pretty nice but I also tried it next to a PRO V1 and pretty much all 3 seemed very close _(minor differences)_ other than I was a few yards longer with the TPX5.

Not sure what people are talking about in terms of spin issues with the XV. Great ball.

• Like 2

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> Not sure what people are talking about in terms of spin issues with the XV. Great ball.

Agree great ball but what fits my game best right now has been the TPX5, just fits me better. If the TP line was not around it would be a coin toss between the XV, ProV1X or the Snell MTB.

_Edit: I dont get along with Bridgestone balls for some reason._

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> Not sure what people are talking about in terms of spin issues with the XV. Great ball.

I never said it wasn’t a good ball. Just wasn’t for me. The Z Star was a better fit for me.

TM Sim 2 9º

Cobra Speedzone 3w
TM Sim 5w

TM 9790 Irons
TM Spider X Putter
Vokey SM8 50º, 54º, 58º

I like the Z star and the XV. XV is my second favorite ball behind Snell MTB.

I’m probably hovering around 8-10 HCP right now, so I’m not an elite ball striker by any means, but my test on a well struck approach shot is that I can stop it a few feet from my pitch mark in average conditions. Both the regular Z Star and XZ meet that criteria and with above-average durability, so I’m more than happy with the spin level on both.

My short game is currently so bad I could probably play a range ball and score the same...

I've given the new XV ball a lot of play this year, and coming from the previous models, especially XV5, I just dont find this ball as good. Ball just seems dead to me. The XV5 yellow was and is a true gamer. Wish these played the same.

9* Titleist TSi3 AD-DI 7X
14.5* Cobra Radspeed D+ 80x
4-48* Titleist T150 w/Project X LZ 6.0
51* Srixon Z785 

56*/60* Taylormade MG2 TW Grind w/ S400 
Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

> @aztec575 said:

> > @RacineBoxer said:

> > > @aztec575 said:

> > > Played these balls today and found that they spin way too much. Anybody else have this issue?

> >

> > They do not spin more than other premium balls like TP5 or ProV1's.

>

> I just got back into the game and used to play the Nike 20xI-x and Pro V1x. I was looking for a ball that played similar. I tried the 2019 XV for more than half my round. Just felt that it wasnt for me and it spun too much. Went back and played the Nike and the distance and feel around the greens was back. Weird I guess. I also played the Bridgestone Tour B X for the last hole and that ball felt really good.

The 20xi-x just flat out performs. I recently was given a few dozen and I put it against TP5, RZN Black, Z-Star, and Pro V1 on the launch monitor and it was near the top in every category.

I would never see the XV as spinning too much either... I would expect it to be less than the regular Z Star even and for my game, I have noticed that. Off the driver, the XV is a bomber for me. Launches high and rolls out. With irons and wedges there are no problems stopping the ball at all.. Very interesting to hear somebody is getting TOO much spin... What makes you say this OP? Are you backing up fairway woods? Spraying it with the driver? Spinning off greens with short irons? Just curious as to where the spin, if too much, is hurting you?

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

> @Nixhex524 said:

> I would never see the XV as spinning too much either... I would expect it to be less than the regular Z Star even and for my game, I have noticed that. Off the driver, the XV is a bomber for me. Launches high and rolls out. With irons and wedges there are no problems stopping the ball at all.. Very interesting to hear somebody is getting TOO much spin... What makes you say this OP? Are you backing up fairway woods? Spraying it with the driver? Spinning off greens with short irons? Just curious as to where the spin, if too much, is hurting you?

Maybe spin wasnt the correct term to use... Noticed my drives in particular would not go as long and would launch high. Also noticed that for whatever reason I had more slices (I know it was probably my swing). Once I switched to the Tour B X I had no issues. Last 2 rounds I played with the Z star and I had no issues with any of the above. I still have Z Star XV's and I am going to play them again. To the balls defense I had also just started playing again. On a side note if my ball backed up on a fairway wood shot I would quit the game. lol

TM Sim 2 9º

Cobra Speedzone 3w
TM Sim 5w

TM 9790 Irons
TM Spider X Putter
Vokey SM8 50º, 54º, 58º

While I haven't tried the newest XV, I find every year prior to be an excellent low spin option that just laughs at the wind. Either way, good luck with your search of a ball that fits your game!

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

> @Nixhex524 said:

> I would never see the XV as spinning too much either... I would expect it to be less than the regular Z Star even and for my game, I have noticed that. Off the driver, the XV is a bomber for me. Launches high and rolls out. With irons and wedges there are no problems stopping the ball at all.. Very interesting to hear somebody is getting TOO much spin... What makes you say this OP? Are you backing up fairway woods? Spraying it with the driver? Spinning off greens with short irons? Just curious as to where the spin, if too much, is hurting you?

Agreed. Never seen too much spin with this ball. Awesome off the tee. Would love a touch more spin with irons and wedges.

9* Titleist TSi3 AD-DI 7X
14.5* Cobra Radspeed D+ 80x
4-48* Titleist T150 w/Project X LZ 6.0
51* Srixon Z785 

56*/60* Taylormade MG2 TW Grind w/ S400 
Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

After several rounds this year with both balls, I think this years' XV does spin more for me off the irons. I never spun back the previous version much at all with short irons/wedges, this year's model have hit several with quite a bit of spin, and they spin more than the regular Z Star. They also feel a bit softer off the irons and putter, which is an improvement for me, both generations are high launching/low spin bombers off the tee.

The regular Z Star, plays pretty much like the previous model, I would almost say a touch longer than the previous model off the tee, but all around about the same. Launches lower than the XV, as did previous versions, feels is still great, distance control good. In the past I said I wanted the XV off the tee and the Z Star around the greens and off the irons, ended up preferring the regular Z Star, now I can play either ball and be happy, both are great balls in the wind.

• Like 1

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Ping G410  7 wood set at 19, Tensei Orange

Srixon ZX 4 MKii 4 iron, ZX 5 MKii 5,6 irons  ZX7 MKii  7-PW KBS TGI 90

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 50, 54, 60

L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 Max 16 CB, 39 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

The 2017 version were for $19.99 a box at the local store. I bought 8 dozen.

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar