Anti hook hybrid.

kgeisler13

Hm... just find one that's not a GI hybrid (those usually have faces more closed), and also one with possible adjustable weights that you can make fade bias. Whenever a hook happens it's just me getting too handsy and flipping it, overmanipulating the clubface. Set them down at address and see if for your lie angle the face is closed or not.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

> @"Zach Heusser" said:

> Let me know if you find one . In 20 years I’ve found one, Kasco K2k lol

Legendary ?

• Like 1

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

> @knackers said:

> same boat as you, my swing has an inherent default hook. Have to work with a closed stance for driver/woods, fade it when ob on left etc. Why a hybrid though ? have you tried a 3utility or a 5w sometimes those are less likely to hook than a hybrid, see what feels the best.

>

I have a 3 utility that is in the bag but it betrayed me in a member guest and I was blocking it I was going to experiment with a 4 hybrid to see if I get a more constant shot even if its always a draw.

As many others have mentioned, the G410 is it. I have a 19* set -1 degree strong and flat. I hit straight bullets off the tee and it is a beauty out of any lie.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-)
PING G430 hybrid 22°, 26° (F-)
Irons tbd
PING s159 53W, 58B
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour yellow

I hooked every hybrid I hit for years. About four years ago, I was fitted for and purchased a 19* Titleist 816H2 hybrid right as that line was debuting. The fitter's solution for the hook problem was simple: 1. Adjust the adjustable hosel to the flattest setting and 2. Use a shorter shaft (the fitter ordered a standard length shaft for a 21* rather than the 19* I was getting). The second point, in my opinion, is the key because the shorter shaft results in an effectively "flatter" lie. I believe you can take any hybrid and make it anti-hook by cutting it down a half-inch or an inch from standard, provided it doesn't make the shaft too stiff.

TaylorMade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6-X
Nike VR Pro Ltd. 15* Diamana Blueboard 83x
Adams Idea Tour Prototype 18* Aldila NV 85 X
Srixon Z765 4-5 Z965 6-9 KBS C-Taper 120 S
Cleveland RTX ZipCore Raw 46* 50* 54* 58* DG S300
Compass Golf Co. PING ZING-style
TaylorMade TP5x

> @mallrat said:

> > @From_Parts_Unknown said:

> > Taylormade GAPR Lo. I couldn't hit that thing high enough to hook or slice. It was 25 yards of carry right down the middle, every time.

>

> 25 yards of carry is plain awesome. Everyone should have that club in their bag.

I can't seem to knock it out of the bag, no matter how hard I try.

Anyone finding that the TM m1/3 hybrids with the weight all the way at the toe helps much? I like my 915hd but if I get a little flat on my swing plane, that thing is going left. I'm working on it but looking for a little anti-left as well. I have an 816 h1 that has been mostly anti left but it's a bomber and doesn't quite fit the gaps. Any feedback on the 21* M1/3 series?

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

G25, never could hit one left. I haven't tried any of the new ones but I would assume they're similar.

TaylorMade QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

TaylorMade stealth plus 15 ventus TR blue 7x

Taylormade stealth plus 19 kaili blue 80tx

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

I find my titleist 816h2 19 and Adams pro minis 20, 23 to be flatter. The titleist I have in c1, 1 degree flat and down 1 degree in loft. The Adam's are both glued hosels. Only time I hook anything is when I make a bad swing. I've never felt a hybrid to be draw biased. But the flatter lie has given me a better position at address which helps with confidence.

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

A couple older options, Adams Pro A12 and Titleist PT 585H are good neutral hybrids. I played an Adams Pro A12 for a good while and only moved away from it because it didn't gap quite right in the top of my bag. My experience with the PT 585H is limited to having swung a few demo clubs, but it was always a very solid point and shoot type of club. I also had good luck with the Titleist 915 hybrids, but moved away from them in favor of long irons which I can flight lower with a lot more ease than a hybrid.

Titleist TS4 8.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X
Titleist 917F2 18* (turned down to 17.25*) Diamana S+ 80X
4 - 718 Titleist AP3 Project X 6.0
4-P 718 Titleist AP2 Project X 6.0
White Satin Mizuno MP T7 51-08 Modus 3 105X
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 55-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 59-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1

don't really think there's any 'anti-hook' hybrid, IMO. however, after changing the shaft to steel—i have X100 for my hybrid—it diminished drastically. part of me thinks it's those graphite shafts making hybrid shots 1. ballooning & 2. hooking. although not backed by any reliable science. and maybe the swing? we tend to 'scoop' other than 'broom' when hitting in the 'hybrid occasions', right?

__

DR Callie Epic Flash 💎💎💎 8.5º TC + House of Forged Ballistic LD-S

3W Royal Collection CV Pro 13° + LAGP House of Forged Tour Limited 70X 

5W PXG 0341X Proto 18º + LAGP HoF Platinum 70S 

HYB Royal Collection 505V BBD 18º + NS PRO 950FW X, PXG 0317X 21º + Fujikura Pro 95i Tour Spec X

DI Nike VFP #4 + KBS Tour HYB Proto 95X, Callie X Forged ‘18 #3 + Modus Tour 120X

IRONS Callie X Forged 2013 5-PW MMT 95S

WEDGES Scratch 8620 47º, 50º, 55º STI 60º, Edel 60º

PUTTERS Nike Method 001, Edel The "Gold" Brick, John Byron Winner Seven

I still have a 910H 17deg with a steel PX6.5 shaft in the bag - low, stinger bullets all day and un-hookable

Everyone laughs when they see it, but it a brute

I also had a SLDR 19 deg with TP 93g Fuji shaft and this was also un-hookable, really underrated hybrid if you are strong

G410 hybrid........mine lasted 1 round, even with an x-flex tense white it was hook, after hook, after hook....

> @Bobb3rdown said:

> I find my titleist 816h2 19 and Adams pro minis 20, 23 to be flatter. The titleist I have in c1, 1 degree flat and down 1 degree in loft. The Adam's are both glued hosels. Only time I hook anything is when I make a bad swing. I've never felt a hybrid to be draw biased. But the flatter lie has given me a better position at address which helps with confidence.

2nd the Adams Pro Minis. I have a 20* and it takes a lousy swing to get a hook. As someone with a draw bias, it took a while for me to find a playable hybrid.

The wear of the black finish on the leading edge of mine is even, which indicates a reasonably flat lie angle.

> @orangeology said:

> don't really think there's any 'anti-hook' hybrid, IMO. however, after changing the shaft to steel—i have X100 for my hybrid—it diminished drastically. part of me thinks it's those graphite shafts making hybrid shots 1. ballooning & 2. hooking. although not backed by any reliable science. and maybe the swing? we tend to 'scoop' other than 'broom' when hitting in the 'hybrid occasions', right?

Reliable science with regard to golf clubs? Um, NO. I can tell you though that I ditched my TEE Pro U hybrid head and slammed a Cobra F7 head on the same shaft and it transformed the club completely. Gone is the tendency to hook with every shot replaced with straight and high bombs.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

Although I don't have the issue of a hook I am more prone to slice the ball I do find that the G410 hybrids are awesome. The adjust ability of them (standard, lofted up or down, or flattened) is what I think makes them great for either a slicer or one who hooks the ball.

I have mine lofted up as I found that suites my swing the best. The flat neutral setting will flatten the lie by 3* and the flat +1 or -1 will flatten the lie by 2* (this is per Ping customer service). Mine are lofted up as mentioned for my swing and also for my loft gapping between each club. I also have mine shortened to the length of their iron replacement. I find this helps me hit them the yardage that i need them to go.

> @Nixhex524 said:

> Anyone finding that the TM m1/3 hybrids with the weight all the way at the toe helps much? I like my 915hd but if I get a little flat on my swing plane, that thing is going left. I'm working on it but looking for a little anti-left as well. I have an 816 h1 that has been mostly anti left but it's a bomber and doesn't quite fit the gaps. Any feedback on the 21* M1/3 series?

I have the M3 19* hybrid. I put an x-flex shaft in it and can't hook it with the weight in the neutral setting. I do have it clicked down .75*, which I believe puts the lie angle flatter and face more open. With weight in the toe, easy to hit a fade. I'd recommend one, solid hybrids.

> @MTgolf said:

> > @Nixhex524 said:

> > Anyone finding that the TM m1/3 hybrids with the weight all the way at the toe helps much? I like my 915hd but if I get a little flat on my swing plane, that thing is going left. I'm working on it but looking for a little anti-left as well. I have an 816 h1 that has been mostly anti left but it's a bomber and doesn't quite fit the gaps. Any feedback on the 21* M1/3 series?

>

> I have the M3 19* hybrid. I put an x-flex shaft in it and can't hook it with the weight in the neutral setting. I do have it clicked down .75*, which I believe puts the lie angle flatter and face more open. With weight in the toe, easy to hit a fade. I'd recommend one, solid hybrids.

Thanks! I saw the M3 in person yesterday, really like the look of it, and I like the idea of an X in there. Played my 913h 21 with an X flex and it was hard to hook, too. I found a J40 21* in the used bin for dirt cheap so I'm going to give that a go and if that doesn't work, I am going to give the TM a try.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

Mizuno CLK for me, 2017 model. Go back a little further and find some MP-650 hybrids. I challenge anyone to hook those.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

> @dpb5031 said:

> > @mogc60 said:

> > Flatten it to not hook it? Hmmmm. That works yes but are you really getting square contact that way? Isn’t the idea to have it sole out rather flush through impact? I don’t get the issue with hybrids and hooks. It’s not the heads it’s the shafts. Too light and too long for the swing you’re trying to make. Anyone fighting a hook with a hybrid, I would suggest a shorter shaft, possibly up to an inch and a heavier shaft. That way you can make a more iron type swing with the ball in the right position and have the lie angle proper rather than a bandaid.

>

> Yea, but most hybrids are made for higher caps to avoid a slice. As such the lie angles are generally upright. If you're a guy like me who plays his irons nearly 3 flat, most hybrids will be way too upright and will promote draws/hooks

I have an Adams Pro 20 that is 2 degrees flat. Was thinking about selling it since it doesn't get used, but maybe need to keep in case I start over drawing.....

Woods/Fairways:  Callaway with Mitsubishi shafts

Irons:  Srixon with Dynamic Gold shafts

> @SubaruWRX said:

> > @Kingcat990 said:

> > See how practically every hybrid was mentioned?

> >

> > I just have to ask OP, when you hit your hybrid, do you hit down on the ball like you would an iron? Or do you sweep at the ball like you would with a fairway?

>

> Bingo. Fix the swing.

>

> Hybrids don’t go left, swings make them go left.

That’s a false statement.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

I have a super clean tour issue Adams 22* bent flat on the tour van just sitting in the basement. If anyone wants it send me a PM. I PROMISE this sucker is way anti-hook all day long. It was one of the last models prior to the Borg assimilating them. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I never got along with hybrids, they were always prone to go left and never got the height I needed. I must have tried a dozen and still have at least a 1/2 a dozen in the basement over the years. Until I demoed the Ping G410 set in the flat lie setting. Ball trajectory is straight and high and it cuts through the rough like a sickle.

I know they won’t get much traction on here but the Tour Edge HL3 hybrids. I draw or hook every hybrid I try. The only one I couldn’t turn over with my stock swing was the HL3. They are dirt cheap and distance wise was as long as anything I’ve tried.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2