EPIC FLASH SUB ZERO DIAMOND HEADS???? (Pics added page 7)

tbone18

I’ve heard a lot of conflicting things about the different diamond heads. Definitely heard more from sources I trust that the double diamond is fade-biased and lowest spinning. Could be wrong but have read a lot about it!

. > @Buckets2 said:

> > @Nickthurgood said:

> > I'm also looking for more info on the two diamond. I know its open and spins less. Where can I get one from. Preferrable 8.5* w/ green (-2) cog. Thanks

>

> How do you know that? I've been told from folks with access to the tours that double d is draw biased

Has anyone compared side by size triple diamond vs sub zero? If so, what kind of number differences are you seeing?

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*) - Testing: Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x

Titleist 915fd 13.5* @12.75* - Atmos Blue TS 8x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 816H1 17* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 818H1 21* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2, Toulon Garage San Diego, Odyssey #7 CH; Odyssey Tour Black #9

About 300 more spin on solid shots and probably 450 more spin on miss hits with the diamond. Ball speed was same. Launch is a degree lower on the diamond. Distance is slightly less with the diamond but not enough to change your score.

Diamond looks and feels way better which is a big factor for me.

> @scratchswinger said:

> About 300 more spin on solid shots and probably 450 more spin on miss hits with the diamond. Ball speed was same. Launch is a degree lower on the diamond. Distance is slightly less with the diamond but not enough to change your score.

>

> Diamond looks and feels way better which is a big factor for me.

Very helpful feedback. Did you see any dispersion differences? Was the diamond more fade biased?

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*) - Testing: Tensei 1K White 70TX

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2, Toulon Garage San Diego, Odyssey #7 CH; Odyssey Tour Black #9

For me it is absolutely more fade biased than about any other retail driver on the market.

You’d have to go tour issue with a way open face to net the results I’m seeing with my TD. The ST-190 was left biased for me, more or less depending on shaft. It didn’t last long at all. The M5 a little more neutral but even opened up I could still get the round killing over cooked hooks. I couldn’t get enough launch height and still take the left side out of play with face angle or weight. So I moved it on.

With the TD and smoke green I have the weight set to draw and lofted up one. Pretty much straight mid-high rockets. I used to be a high spin player but made some swing changes and became a low spin player. The M5 with the PO in it just didn’t spin enough but the TD with that extra spin just carries better and has a more stable flight. This is the first Callaway driver I believe I’ve ever owned, but as I’ve said before it’s basically like they built a driver for me.

• Like 1
ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 

> @MBBG said:

> For me it is absolutely more fade biased than about any other retail driver on the market.

>

> You’d have to go tour issue with a way open face to net the results I’m seeing with my TD. The ST-190 was left biased for me, more or less depending on shaft. It didn’t last long at all. The M5 a little more neutral but even opened up I could still get the round killing over cooked hooks. I couldn’t get enough launch height and still take the left side out of play with face angle or weight. So I moved it on.

>

> With the TD and smoke green I have the weight set to draw and lofted up one. Pretty much straight mid-high rockets. I used to be a high spin player but made some swing changes and became a low spin player. The M5 with the PO in it just didn’t spin enough but the TD with that extra spin just carries better and has a more stable flight. This is the first Callaway driver I believe I’ve ever owned, but as I’ve said before it’s basically like they built a driver for me.

What kind of swing changes? I always have more spin than I should.

> @Buckets2 said:

> > @MBBG said:

> > For me it is absolutely more fade biased than about any other retail driver on the market.

> >

> > You’d have to go tour issue with a way open face to net the results I’m seeing with my TD. The ST-190 was left biased for me, more or less depending on shaft. It didn’t last long at all. The M5 a little more neutral but even opened up I could still get the round killing over cooked hooks. I couldn’t get enough launch height and still take the left side out of play with face angle or weight. So I moved it on.

> >

> > With the TD and smoke green I have the weight set to draw and lofted up one. Pretty much straight mid-high rockets. I used to be a high spin player but made some swing changes and became a low spin player. The M5 with the PO in it just didn’t spin enough but the TD with that extra spin just carries better and has a more stable flight. This is the first Callaway driver I believe I’ve ever owned, but as I’ve said before it’s basically like they built a driver for me.

>

> What kind of swing changes? I always have more spin than I should.

Shallowed out my swing and quit flipping at impact. Net result is less dynamic loft presented at impact, more consistent strike pattern, lower launch and lower spin. 5 years ago I was playing a 7.5 driver and C Taper iron shafts with low launching irons now I’ve had to seek out higher launching clubs.

> @hef63303 said:

> > @Titletown said:

> > does anybody know why they took it off their website? was it just a limited release?

>

> Yes. Sold out.

interesting

TITLEIST TS3 10.5°

TITLEIST 915F 16.5°

TITLEIST 818 H1 21°

TITLEIST U500 4i

TITLEIST T100S 5-PW

TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48.10F/54.10F/58.08M

ODYSSEY WHITE HOT OG V-LINE

TITLEIST PRO V1

• 2 weeks later...

How did you shallow out your swing and quit flipping? I'm a 4 but cannot stop flipping at impact. My ball is 145' high with every club in the bag according to Trackman. I play a Tour Issue 8* M3 turned down to 6* but still hit it somewhat high. I try every Mike Bender drill he posts but struggle to actually lower the dynamic loft unless I significantly slow down the CHS. Thanks!

> Shallowed out my swing and quit flipping at impact. Net result is less dynamic loft presented at impact, more consistent strike pattern, lower launch and lower spin. 5 years ago I was playing a 7.5 driver and C Taper iron shafts with low launching irons now I’ve had to seek out higher launching clubs.

>

> @Nickthurgood said:

> How did you shallow out your swing and quit flipping? I'm a 4 but cannot stop flipping at impact. My ball is 145' high with every club in the bag according to Trackman. I play a Tour Issue 8* M3 turned down to 6* but still hit it somewhat high. I try every Mike Bender drill he posts but struggle to actually lower the dynamic loft unless I significantly slow down the CHS. Thanks!

> > Shallowed out my swing and quit flipping at impact. Net result is less dynamic loft presented at impact, more consistent strike pattern, lower launch and lower spin. 5 years ago I was playing a 7.5 driver and C Taper iron shafts with low launching irons now I’ve had to seek out higher launching clubs.

> >

>

Basically practiced using body sequence/position to get the club into a better impact position than trying to do it with my hands/arms. Once it “clicks” you don’t even think about your hands/wrists/release anymore because it just happens.

I still get flippy at times but I know it’s me subconsciously making up for being out of sequence so I just go back to the basic fundamentals.

That being said I’ve not had time to play or practice much at all this season and I’ve been playing some pretty miserable golf at times. We were monsooned for all of April and May and some of June, so never really got the bug to practice much or play and it seems like every year I just have less time with work and the kids getting older etc

Thanks for the reply! That makes sense. I will work on that! Sounds like you have the priorities right....Good luck getting out more though!

> @MBBG said:

> > @Nickthurgood said:

> > How did you shallow out your swing and quit flipping? I'm a 4 but cannot stop flipping at impact. My ball is 145' high with every club in the bag according to Trackman. I play a Tour Issue 8* M3 turned down to 6* but still hit it somewhat high. I try every Mike Bender drill he posts but struggle to actually lower the dynamic loft unless I significantly slow down the CHS. Thanks!

> > > Shallowed out my swing and quit flipping at impact. Net result is less dynamic loft presented at impact, more consistent strike pattern, lower launch and lower spin. 5 years ago I was playing a 7.5 driver and C Taper iron shafts with low launching irons now I’ve had to seek out higher launching clubs.

> > >

> >

>

> Basically practiced using body sequence/position to get the club into a better impact position than trying to do it with my hands/arms. Once it “clicks” you don’t even think about your hands/wrists/release anymore because it just happens.

>

> I still get flippy at times but I know it’s me subconsciously making up for being out of sequence so I just go back to the basic fundamentals.

>

> That being said I’ve not had time to play or practice much at all this season and I’ve been playing some pretty miserable golf at times. We were monsooned for all of April and May and some of June, so never really got the bug to practice much or play and it seems like every year I just have less time with work and the kids getting older etc

> @scratchswinger said:

> About 300 more spin on solid shots and probably 450 more spin on miss hits with the diamond. Ball speed was same. Launch is a degree lower on the diamond. Distance is slightly less with the diamond but not enough to change your score.

>

> Diamond looks and feels way better which is a big factor for me.

For me the Triple Diamond was considerably fade biased vs the EFSZ. The EFSZ was a double cross machine for me, as I prefer to play a little fade.

> @Titletown said:

> > @hef63303 said:

> > > @Titletown said:

> > > does anybody know why they took it off their website? was it just a limited release?

> >

> > Yes. Sold out.

>

> interesting

I know I can still get a couple if anyone is interested.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I have the 10.5 with the HZRDUS Green 60 6.0 but I’m so confident in the TM Original One with the HZRDUS Green 70 6.0 I hardly ever hit driver anymore. Let me know if anyone is interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay....I must say. I've been through everything that has come out this year to beat out my 2016 tour issue m2 with KKDCXT 60tx 44.25". I keep getting pretty good numbers for me with it...162mph ball speed, 14* launch, low 2000s spin, slight little fade. I tried the epic flash sz with KKDCXT 70tx and got virtually identical numbers, but the sound was terrible. So, then I grabbed a the triple diamond. It was hotmelted in the neutral position. It feels great. However, while ball speed was comparable, and disperson was very good, even with the same KKDCXT 70tx, I could not get the spin below 3000 unless I hook the xxxx out of it. I had it at D3 with a 6g weight forward and avg spin was 3300. I then through a 12g forward and it was D6 which is close to what I play other drivers D5ish. Even with the 12g it was 3150 rpm avg spin. I want to love this driver as I love the look, love the fade bias, love the feel with the hot melt, but according to GC2, with spin that high compared to low 2000s rpm, carry distance is 15 yards or so less. Unacceptable. Anyone else just not be able to get the spin down?

• Like 1

I have hit retail Flash SZ.....and the tour issue single and triple diamonds. All are good heads but the triple diamond was definitely the highest launch and highest spin......and despite being 450cc it looks bigger bc of the longer toe. The Single Diamond is much closer looking to standard retail flash SZ.....only difference it is is a little deeper faced and a pinch more compressed (heel to toe length very slightly shorter). The Triple Diamond was def a little more fade biased......But in general the triple diamond overall shape is much different than the other heads.......much longer heel to toe look...... I have been doing some testing between standard SZ and single diamond.....want to get on trackman soon to get precise numbers but their ballflight windows are pretty close......the triple had more of a tendency to balloon a little on mishits.

I also will say that I played a few rounds now with the SINGLE diamond and it launches just as high as Retail SZ but without hot melt it is LOUD. It is seriously 2x as loud as the retail......loud pingy type crack. The FA is dead square Neutral (measured). 57.5 Lie wheras my retail SZ is 58.5 measured. I have hit them all except the 2 diamond....... Retail and 1 diamond are neutral to draw bias.....the 3 diamond is def fade biased and looks larger and longer despite being 450cc. I am pretty sure the 2 diamond is close in looks to the 1 but has a more open FA.

> @"1b!ggolfnut" said:

> 1 Diamond and No Diamond = neutral to slightly more draw biased than others

>

> 2 diamond = fade biased (which is why this is my favorite /taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> )

>

> 3 diamond = higher more forward CG. Those who hit it high on the face will see increased spin and ball speed.

can someone please advise how the 2 diamond and 3 diamond compare spin/launch wise to the 'normal' sub zero?

cheers!

> @jay_dwight said:

> UnderPar18 wrote:

>

>

> jay_dwight wrote:

>

>

>

> Retail vs 3 Diamond

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Great pictures. As I mentioned several times on this site the 3 diamond head is much larger and without the horizontal crown line. Most people like compact heads but this is why this club intrigued me so much. It’s a larger head with more MOI and looks more like my Rogue!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> It is literally a completely different club. More differences than similarities.

can you please advise on the key differences? thanks in advance