2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Club Corp Course Reviews for Play Away (Formerly Travel) Members

> @noahwein said:

> > @GolfyGolfy said:

> > You play as a single, you can bring a guest but they have to pay the green fee

>

> Thanks. Any way to determine in advance what the green fee would be? Tough to find that info published for a private course. Is there anywhere in the clubcorp info to see, or would I need to call them in advance to ask?

Clubline will tell you if you ask. If you are planning further out just email them the courses you are curious about and they will tell you guest fee and cart fee. However they have been wrong in my experience, but it was only a couple of dollars.

> @noahwein said:

> Looking at joining a club that would grant me access to the cart fee only golf nationwide (2 rounds per club per month). My wife does not golf. If I make a cart fee only tee time at one of these clubcorp clubs, am I able to bring a guest? Or would I only be able to play as a single? Thanks!

Make sure you enter your wife's name and child(ren). one immediate family member is covered either for green fee or dining.

> @defnotapro said:

>

> Many new people think its twice a month, but you cannot go say July 30th and 31st and turn around and get two more August 1st and 2nd.

>

This must not apply the same to dining because I have definitely done a trip at the end of one month and the beginning of the next using the benefit for two people twice in 3 days.

> @act0fgod said:

> > @defnotapro said:

> >

> > Many new people think its twice a month, but you cannot go say July 30th and 31st and turn around and get two more August 1st and 2nd.

> >

>

> This must not apply the same to dining because I have definitely done a trip at the end of one month and the beginning of the next using the benefit for two people twice in 3 days.

>

I’ve done the same. Golf and dinners... end of one month and beginning of next. Asking the clubline helps clarifying questions.

> @Novagolf1012 said:

> > @act0fgod said:

> > > @defnotapro said:

> > >

> > > Many new people think its twice a month, but you cannot go say July 30th and 31st and turn around and get two more August 1st and 2nd.

> > >

> >

> > This must not apply the same to dining because I have definitely done a trip at the end of one month and the beginning of the next using the benefit for two people twice in 3 days.

> >

> I’ve done the same. Golf and dinners... end of one month and beginning of next. Asking the clubline helps clarifying questions.

>

Likewise.

They switched from "30-days" to "Calendar Month" a couple years ago. Probably easier for them to track.

Some changes to Club Corp in Houston.

The Downtown Club (tennis, gym, dining) offered a number of memberships with golf privileges. Athletic ONE, YEX Athletic ONE, YEX Unlimited Golf.

All of those are going away for new members. Old members are grandfathered in.

Essentially, the Downtown Club has merged with Kingwood CC. Here are some new membership levels:

$189/mo - similar to Athletic ONE with 2 rounds per club per month (limit 6 rounds per month in Houston). Similar time restrictions (no Saturday, early Sunday, late Friday play). Big difference: no Deerwood access.

$459/mo - In addition to downtown club access, full golf access (including weekends) to Kingwood, Lake Windcrest and Golf Trails Woodlands. 2 round/6 round limits apply to other courses. No Deerwood access.

$729/mo - Full golf membership at Deerwood, Kingwood, Lake Windcrest, Golf Trails Woodlands. 2/6 limits apply to other courses. Downtown club access.

Gift ideas?  Products I have tested.

Anyone have any recommendations for the Toronto area? Headed there next week for work and currently have tee time booked for Glen Abbey and Heron Point. Glen Abbey in particular I heard is overrated. Just wondering what courses people would recommend. Looks like there are a bunch of highly rated courses in the area.

> @tjl48 said:

> Anyone have any recommendations for the Toronto area? Headed there next week for work and currently have tee time booked for Glen Abbey and Heron Point. Glen Abbey in particular I heard is overrated. Just wondering what courses people would recommend. Looks like there are a bunch of highly rated courses in the area.

Though GA may be overrated, you will always brag that you been there. Have fun.

> @"Tha Carter" said:

> > @noahwein said:

> > > @GolfyGolfy said:

> > > You play as a single, you can bring a guest but they have to pay the green fee

> >

> > Thanks. Any way to determine in advance what the green fee would be? Tough to find that info published for a private course. Is there anywhere in the clubcorp info to see, or would I need to call them in advance to ask?

>

> Clubline will tell you if you ask. If you are planning further out just email them the courses you are curious about and they will tell you guest fee and cart fee. However they have been wrong in my experience, but it was only a couple of dollars.

Agreed...Most cart fees are between $19 & $36 dollars and they usually send you a confirmation with prices after you book (and tell you on the phone). Oftentimes, the prices quoted are correct, but when I played Canada last year none were 100% accurate and there were some larger discrepancies even though they stated the prices in $CAN. Most of the time it was within $7 or $8, BUT at one club it was more. The explanation was that Club Corp does not fully cover/reimburse the green fee so they charge the player the difference. After some discussion, they agreed to let me walk and not charge me cart, so I ended up paying about the same as the quote cart fee only price.

> @act0fgod said:

> > @baddomes said:

> > Anyone else seeing ridiculous wait times on the Clubline recently? I'm sitting on 11 minutes on hold and counting.

> >

> > edit: 20 minutes before I finally hung up. This is the third or fourth time I've been on hold for a while in the past month or so, but 20 minutes is the new record. The clubline used to be great, but it's almost unusable anymore.

>

> I try to e-mail, or** use the site for booking** everything.

Wait times for me have varied when calling as have length of calls- sometimes they are able to check tee times online, but for other courses they have to call the pro shop.

I've had mixed success booking with email. (Main issue was with a non-owned course in Paris...very nice course in great condition, but they were not very responsive to CC and I only ended up with a single time even though I am 99% certain they could have done a second round as I had a lot of flexibility as to when I could play).

How do you use the site to book? Is there actually an online option for some courses? That would be great!

> @tjl48 said:

> Anyone have any recommendations for the Toronto area? Headed there next week for work and currently have tee time booked for Glen Abbey and Heron Point. Glen Abbey in particular I heard is overrated. Just wondering what courses people would recommend. Looks like there are a bunch of highly rated courses in the area.

The front 9 at Glen has a few good holes (2-3-9) but the back makes the experience worth the trip...don't miss it.

Heron is a good track and so is Greystone.

> @CStephenson17 said:

> Played at Willowbend in Wichita Sunday. Absolutely awful. I can’t believe they play a KFT Monday Q here!![](https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/editor/5e/)

>

Lol glad I didn’t make that mistake. Was just down there last week to play Flint Hills National and played Sand Creek in Newton as a warm up round. Next time you’re in the area make the trip up there, great course and cheap.

> @"Tha Carter" said:

> > @CStephenson17 said:

> > Played at Willowbend in Wichita Sunday. Absolutely awful. I can’t believe they play a KFT Monday Q here!![](https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/editor/5e/)

> >

>

> Lol glad I didn’t make that mistake. Was just down there last week to play Flint Hills National and played Sand Creek in Newton as a warm up round. Next time you’re in the area make the trip up there, great course and cheap.

>

Played 3 times out there and once at Auburn Hills this trip. Way better than the ClubCorp courses there

Just wrapped up a round at Glenn Abbey. Had a really good time. I thought it was in very good shape. Greens were very firm and fast. I would say I enjoyed the course. I agree with what I have heard from some other people say about it being popular because it is a tour stop and not because it is a great course. It was very good, but next time I end up in Toronto I think I'd explore some other club link courses.

• Like 1

Played Heron Pointe today. I think it is a much more interesting course then Glen Abbey was. Lots of elevation changes and very challenging. I was disappointed in the range. Was pretty much hitting off a dirt patch. GA was in a little better shape overall. HP was a little baked out but still pretty good. If I had to choose between the 2 to play again it would definitly be Heron Pointe.

Played the South Course at Coto De Caza in Southern CA and the course is in great condition. It was my first time on the South Course and other than the 90 deg heat, I had a blast. From what I could recall, only one or two of the greens we're bumpy and every other green was rolling smooth at an 11.5.

For those of you visiting Socal soon, it looks like Coto is running a "Take a Guest for Free" promotion. You just pay the cart fee for both yourself and one guest. The North Course renovation is also slated to be done in about a week or so as well. Just booked another tee time on the North Course in a couple of weeks.

> @bastarf said:

> Coto is running a "Take a Guest for Free" promotion. You just pay the cart fee for both yourself and one guest.

The take a guest for free promo is something clubcorp has done in July and August the past couple of months. 1 free guest for golf or dining each month. Does not apply for affiliate courses.