2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Ping's new G410 LST driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

Hit my LST yesterday with evenflow set standard loft (9*) with 12g weight in middle only. Set at D6.5 swingweight. Was hitting draws & hooks. I was a bit handsy. When didn't get over handsy I pounded the ball. Just absolute bullets with LST. I'll probably posting the 410+ on BST when gets back Ping. Only thing I've noticed is when you miss the SS on the LST, it feels a bit more harsh & let's know you missed it. The 410+ covers up the miss better in terms of feel. However both drivers a playable when miss. Distance on a miss with LST is further though.

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

I had a good session today trying the 410 LST 10.5 vs 410 plus 9 vs Epic Flash SZ 10.5

I gamed a 400 LST 10 for a while and the 410 LST is a worthwhile upgrade. Sound and feel are much improved and whilst not quite as nice as the plus, it is far nicer then the flash sz.

Ballaspeeds are similar with SZ just edging it, similar launch and spin but LST is more forgiving. I tried both the Alta (too long at 45.75" and soft) the Tensei orange (good length at 45.25" but still too soft) and the pro 65 which feels nice but doesn't generate the same ballspeed for me. The wighting system worked well too, but I lost about 2mph ballspeed if I moved the weight away from centre.

I'm just going to re-tip some of the sahfts I had in the 400 lst, as I need to game one of these for a while, I'm very impressed.

Next combo for my LST will be Kiyoshi white 75X set in flat setting 44.75" @ D6. Then D8, & animal style @ D8. Might go back to the evenflow setting it flat. W loft -1*. Can't wait

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

> @juggernaut0629 said:

> Next combo for my LST will be Kiyoshi white 75X set in flat setting 44.75" @ D6. Then D8, & animal style @ D8. Might go back to the evenflow setting it flat. W loft -1*. Can't wait

I actually don’t mind D6 but I definitely don’t hit it as far as D4

That seems to be the Swingweight best suited for my timing.

I've got enough rounds in with it now to know the LST is a keeper. I'm using the 9 degree, neutral weighting and loft, but in the flat setting. Shaft is Tour AD IZ 6x at D3. I messed around with the Evenflow Black and Atmos Black, both worked well also, but the IZ is just "easier." I've lowered my spin from around 2900 with my GMax to 2500 with the LST. I can alter my AOA to decrease it more, but in my case accuracy & control suffer so I typically hit down about 1 degree.

Carry seems about the same in normal wind, but I'm getting some welcomed roll-out with the LST. Into the wind both carry & total are longer. The LST might not be quite as forgiving as the Max across the face, but it's still pretty forgiving.

• Like 1

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

> @"Steel Dillo" said:

> My 8.5* G400 LST developed a crack in the hosel. Sent pics to Ping & they are replacing with a 9* 410 LST. I guess if I don't like it, I can always sell it and get another G400 LST.

Lucky. I had the same crack, and had to get a head sent after two months. Customer service at Ping is great if you're in the US...

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

> @matchavez said:

> > @"Steel Dillo" said:

> > My 8.5* G400 LST developed a crack in the hosel. Sent pics to Ping & they are replacing with a 9* 410 LST. I guess if I don't like it, I can always sell it and get another G400 LST.

> Lucky. I had the same crack, and had to get a head sent after two months. Customer service at Ping is great if you're in the US...

>

Customer service in Canada was great to me while dealing with a lost tungsten weight in my G400 lst. To the point where they gave me a direct number to call while dealing with the issue.

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

Heard from rep today

Arriving Wed morning ... woooooo wooooooo

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @johnnypro said:

> > @johnnypro said:

> > Picked mine up yesterday.

> > 10.5, Tensei Orange stiff, 45.25"

> > Just a range session but so far, so good....especially liked sound and feel.

> > Will it kick my TS2 out of the bag?

> > We'll see. That's a tall order.

>

> Two rounds now and, yes, it has kicked the TS2 out of the bag.

> I love the look, the feel, the sound, the distance, the forgiveness.

> I was afraid anything that says "LST" was for a much stronger player than me, but I don't that's the case here. On Sunday, I put a couple in spots I have not visited in at least 5 years. Not selling my TS2 yet but the G410 LST is just a great driver, IMO.

>

> Stop the presses!!! Had my best driving round in years with the TS2. It's back in the bag and the 410 LST is in the closet.

Problem is I'm not the type who likes switching drivers every couple of rounds. LST might be going bye-bye.

• Like 1

First round in today

Hard to assess as it was just the tour 65s that came in it and the AD MJ6s shafts I have with the 410 tips

I prefer the head size and shape of the 400 , smaller to my eye

It's longer than the 400, a few crazy long drives tonight. With the the two current shafts it is lower launching than the 400, even set at 12* ...both shafts are too soft for me fwiw

Will report back when I get more tips on 4 favourite shafts ... Blueboard, Oban, Aldila NL and RIP 50 etc

EvnRoll ER9

Down to Blueboard tour issue 53x, very stout .. 272cpm at 46.25" ... great for fades

Vs Aldila Nasty Long 60x (love big kick at the bottom)

Both at 46.25" and d9

30 mins in heat was tough in a humidex adjusted 41*C sunny day (106*F)

EvnRoll ER9

OK

The BB 53x won out. Good blend into the fairway woods as well. Made some set up adjustments to lock in the draw

This loves to hit straight shots as they spout in the TXG vid

I will note that I prefer the weighting system of the 400 better. I think I prefer the feel of the 400 better. Now that may change if I risk taking my beloved Oban Revenge 65x shaft and put a 410 tip on it, instead of the 400

The 410 does not feel as good with the weight on the heel or the toe imo .... YMMV

EvnRoll ER9

I hit the LST with my beloved Matrix Reign black G60B the other day. What a combo! Managed to hit the Kiyoshi white, Veylix Roughneck, Fujikura pro black, evenflow black, tensei orange. All Swingweights between D6 & D8. Kiyoshi was 44.75" & all others were 45.25". Absolutely love the reign, followed by evenflow, then Veylix & kiyoshi. Soft butter cuts with every setup that day. A couple of bombs into the wind. I'm undecided on what to keep the bag though. 410+ or 410LST....

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Just ordered a 9* lst set 8* with the weight in draw setting. I was playing a m5 and going between the lst and ts3. M5 was not forgiving and ball speeds/smash factor were lowest. Ts3 has really good smash factor and speed but spin was not the best and liked to go right. Lst hit all the boxes for me. Good sound and feel, lowish spin and plenty of forgiveness. Have an Accra tz5 on the way from Mark from Center Cut Custom Golf and he said if you want low spin and forgiveness the G410lst is the way to go.

Opening the face and lowering the loft and actually help me hit the ball straighter as I found out I was holding off to avoid that twist face low hook I was getting. Now I can swing hard and free and the worst I get is a fade without crazy spin

Replaced my G30LS with the 410LS this week. I'm really struggling to work it right to left. I've been slinging draws with the G30LS for 5 years, but have to work really hard on this one (even with the draw setting).

I played the G30LS at 44" and I have the Evenflow stock length. Ordered an adapter to retip my G30LS shaft. I'm wondering if the longer driver is causing issues getting the clubface closed.

Most folks that draw/hook would love to have your problem unless your slicing, of course. > @abking1992 said:

> Replaced my G30LS with the 410LS this week. I'm really struggling to work it right to left. I've been slinging draws with the G30LS for 5 years, but have to work really hard on this one (even with the draw setting).

>

> I played the G30LS at 44" and I have the Evenflow stock length. Ordered an adapter to retip my G30LS shaft. I'm wondering if the longer driver is causing issues getting the clubface closed.

Came from an 8.5 400 LST that looks to have 9 to 9.5 degrees of loft in standard setting (didn't get it digitally lofted) based on the eye test. Decided on the 410 LST in 10.5 played in the 9.5 flat setting. Prefer the look, sound and feel of it over the 400. The 410 LST is noticeably more forgiving and anti-hook than the 400 LST in this flat, -1 degree setting. One thing I did notice is that putting the moveable weight in the toe/fade setting did drop ballspeed a few mph for some reason. Moved it back to neutral and still find it to be anti-hook enough to still be able to go after it without fear of the "lefts". I was fitted outdoor on Trackman with Pro V1s by Ping at Kierland in Scottsdale. It is FREE and I would highly recommend it if you are in the area. I have never felt as comfortable with a decision on a driver purchase as I did with this one.

Titleist TSR2 9* Black AD DI 6X
Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue Silver I/O 70S
Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X

Srixon ZXU 4 Recoil F5
Titleist T100 5-PW AMT White S300
Vokey SM6 Black 50F, 54F, 58S
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Scotty Cameron 08 Studio Select Newport 2

Since switching to the Flat -1 setting, I'm seeing much more consistent results. Most of the time, it produces a very slight draw or fade (I have the weight in the neutral setting), and I've been hitting a lot of fairways with it in this position. I originally had it in the -1.5 setting, and that worked pretty well, but I was seeing more draws that I'm comfortable with, given that my preferred ball flight is a fade. This setting really seems to have dialed this club in for me.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x or Tour Issue or Titleist TSi2 21* (set to 20*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Cobra King RF Forged MB - 4-PW, KBS C-Taper 120 Stiff
Corey Paul 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

My 410 lst with T1100 is great! I like the look better than 400. If it spins less than 410 and similar moi to the regular 410, it's a no brainer. I am hitting some long drives most are in the fairway. What more can I ask for.?Feel wise my m5 is the cream of the crop though. Even with hot melt in the lst...I just play what I like distance is so close in these drivers...however I'm going to try a pxg to see what happens....haha...

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

> @Pleasedwith3putts said:

> > @IL2AZ said:

> > .One thing I did notice is that putting the moveable weight in the toe/fade setting did drop ballspeed a few mph for some reason.

> That's exactly what I found too - see post ~542 above

>

The Ping fitter stated they attribute it to the face closing at a slower rate, thus the slightly lower ballspeed. They also mentioned Finau gained a few mph when he moved the weight to the draw setting as the face was rotating at a quicker rate. I did not try this setting myself, however, as I was trying to reduce right to left movement.

Titleist TSR2 9* Black AD DI 6X
Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue Silver I/O 70S
Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X

Srixon ZXU 4 Recoil F5
Titleist T100 5-PW AMT White S300
Vokey SM6 Black 50F, 54F, 58S
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Scotty Cameron 08 Studio Select Newport 2

> @"3 Jack Par" said:

> Since switching to the Flat -1 setting, I'm seeing much more consistent results. Most of the time, it produces a very slight draw or fade (I have the weight in the neutral setting), and I've been hitting a lot of fairways with it in this position. I originally had it in the -1.5 setting, and that worked pretty well, but I was seeing more draws that I'm comfortable with, given that my preferred ball flight is a fade. This setting really seems to have dialed this club in for me.

>

>

I am rolling a 9* set in 10* Flat with weight in fade setting and I hit slight draws if I really go after it or a slight fade with a smooth speed.

I spent a lot of time dialing in combos.

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
19* Callaway Rogue Pro Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Mizuno T20 Blue Ion 54* and 58* w/ Steelfiber 110
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

Ball: ProV1

> @Barfolomew said:

> Does the LST sit open when set to the large - ? Love a head that sits open.... my G30 LST does and thinking of upgrading from great grandpa

The ones I have seen do

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

> @Barfolomew said:

> Does the LST sit open when set to the large - ? Love a head that sits open.... my G30 LST does and thinking of upgrading from great grandpa

Not sure how you missed the g400LST, but I am 1000% sure you should get a 400LST or 410 LST over the g30....

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock