Defining Moment- Ping Customer Service

Babydaddy

So- I have posted about how Ping replaced a hoofer carry bag that was technically out of warranty- that's pretty cool.

I sent my s55's to have them face blasted. They received the irons last Thursday- I called to see about them on Monday and the guy said allow for 7-10 business days- my guess is they will ship Friday (today) and you will receive them Wednesday (next week).

I came home Wednesday (two days ago) and there were my Ping irons!

the faces all had covers on them-

Upon inspection I noticed that they replaced the cushin shaft stickers on their own volition ( I said nothing about them) - some of them had been curled up and frayed, etc.. they replaced all of them with new stickers.

Basically- it's like they care about your clubs!

This is one of those things that just speaks to the identity of someone or something- as my friend calls it "defining moment"- that is what Ping is.

This makes me so happy to be a customer.

Yep. Ping converted me this year. And it started with a rep who was watching a TM thread on this site and noticed the frustrations with a certain order of limited ( or not limited) irons that were months behind. This person reached out. And months of testing and back and forth im converted almost completely. Not saying their clubs are superior. ( but they may be) but the service is genuine. And it’s above and beyond.

I love the direction the company is going in as well. They are leading the way in design and not just in the forgiveness dept. performance overall.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> Yep. Ping converted me this year. And it started with a rep who was watching a TM thread on this site and noticed the frustrations with a certain order of limited ( or not limited) irons that were months behind. This person reached out. And months of testing and back and forth im converted almost completely. Not saying their clubs are superior. ( but they may be) but the service is genuine. And it’s above and beyond.

>

> I love the direction the company is going in as well. They are leading the way in design and not just in the forgiveness dept. performance overall.

I'm telling you- it's real. They genuinely get it right- and the clubs don't suck either, :)

• Like 1

It's what they do.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Agree. Best service ever in nz in mid 1990s when i started golf. The Agent was in the mid point from home to work....still love em ! Always some Ping near my bag..B60 ..looking at one lastnight!

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

I once got a new set of irons when the grips failed, they had no more of the same grips so the swingweight was botched. Incredible customer service.

There's a reason I support their brand every new cycle

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Only had experience with Ping Japan's customer service, but no complaints. They were polite, and very quick with the repair.

> @RogerinNewZealand said:

> Agree. Best service ever in nz in mid 1990s when i started golf. The Agent was in the mid point from home to work....still love em ! Always some Ping near my bag..B60 ..looking at one lastnight!

Funnily enough I was just looking at B60 putters a few minutes ago on an auction site. I love the old BeCu B60s, but when I had one I hit everything left with it. Beautiful putters, but I don't have the right stroke for them.

They are about the only OEM left with great customer service. Several others used to have great customer service but some got acquired and some just decided not to provide high level of customer care. Think about it, Ping is about the only golf equipment company still standing from the inception of the business, all the way to present time.

• Like 2

Customer Service definitely top notch. Sent in 2 sets of Eye 2+ for my kids loft lie adjustments. Came back with fresh paint refill and faces blasted with no additional charge. 8 days total to Phoenix and back to FL Bladehunter's story about a rep reaching out show the dedication to the customer Ping has. A rep spent 30 minutes fitting me at the PGA show in Orlando even when I told her I still use my MP 68s.

"Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA

www.dougferreri.com

> @Babydaddy said:

> So- I have posted about how Ping replaced a hoofer carry bag that was technically out of warranty- that's pretty cool.

> I sent my s55's to have them face blasted. They received the irons last Thursday- I called to see about them on Monday and the guy said allow for 7-10 business days- my guess is they will ship Friday (today) and you will receive them Wednesday (next week).

> I came home Wednesday (two days ago) and there were my Ping irons!

> the faces all had covers on them-

> Upon inspection I noticed that they replaced the cushin shaft stickers on their own volition ( I said nothing about them) - some of them had been curled up and frayed, etc.. they replaced all of them with new stickers.

> Basically- it's like they care about your clubs!

> This is one of those things that just speaks to the identity of someone or something- as my friend calls it "defining moment"- that is what Ping is.

> This makes me so happy to be a customer.

Send pics of your ‘new’ S55s please

I sent in a set (3-PW) of S55's I bought off eBay for $300 earlier this spring plus three Glide wedges in mid-June to have paintfill redone and to ensure the loft/lie were accurate. The PW also had some delamination going on. I got an e-mail that they were delivered, and I got a call later that afternoon. She said that the PW will need to be re-built and asked what kind of grip I wanted on it (MCC+4 Align)--no charge for that. She said that the lead time would be a week, which is when I told her that I would be out of the country for a month. She said no problem; they will simply delay all of the work and time it so I would get it when I return. Sure enough, I had a package delivered the Monday after I returned. I also got a voicemail on Monday afternoon; it was Ping telling me that the new PW had to be shipped separately and would arrive via next-day air on Tuesday.

My set looks great, and the PW is especially minty. I would love to know what this face-blasting does.

$60 is so worth the price to have Ping do all of the work for you.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

> @pseudoswede said:

> I sent in a set (3-PW) of S55's I bought off eBay for $300 earlier this spring plus three Glide wedges in mid-June to have paintfill redone and to ensure the loft/lie were accurate. The PW also had some delamination going on. I got an e-mail that they were delivered, and I got a call later that afternoon. She said that the PW will need to be re-built and asked what kind of grip I wanted on it (MCC+4 Align)--no charge for that. She said that the lead time would be a week, which is when I told her that I would be out of the country for a month. She said no problem; they will simply delay all of the work and time it so I would get it when I return. Sure enough, I had a package delivered the Monday after I returned. I also got a voicemail on Monday afternoon; it was Ping telling me that the new PW had to be shipped separately and would arrive via next-day air on Tuesday.

>

> My set looks great, and the PW is especially minty. I would love to know what this face-blasting does.

>

> $60 is so worth the price to have Ping do all of the work for you.

$60? That seems like a really good deal. Is that what they charge as a flat fee or is there a per club charge typically?

I had a fitting done at the Tour Studio a few years back. During the fitting Bill Iseri saw my PW had some desert rash on it. He took it to the workshop unprompted and brought it back with the rash ground out and freshly polished. He told me they'd swing-weighted it before and afterwards to make sure it wasn't significantly effected by the grind and that it had only lost 1/4 point, and had it lost more they would've changed the CTP weight for me to accommodate the grind.

How could customer service possibly get any better than that? Ping does such a good job.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

> @timbo08 said:

>

> $60? That seems like a really good deal. Is that what they charge as a flat fee or is there a per club charge typically?

$15 for 2-day UPS shipping label (e-mailed to you)

$5 per club for simple repairs (paintfill, loft & lie adjustments) - it is capped at $30 (or six clubs); if you send more in the same shipment, it's no additional charge

$15 for 2-day UPS shipping back to you

They don't even charge your credit card for the first shipping label. You only get charged after you speak with them on the phone to confirm what is being done to your clubs and the cost of the repairs.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

So not sure if this is on Club Champion or Ping but I recently was fitted and purchased a new putter. Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth, fixed length stealth shaft, 3* flat with .5* of loft and the PP58 black cord midsize grip. When it came in the loft and lie were correct but it had the stock shaft and grip. The rep at Club Champion said they would send out the black shaft and he would swap them out at no charge. I followed up yesterday and he said the shaft would be here today.... Just got a call and instead of sending out the shaft Ping sent out a brand new putter to exact ordered specs. Meanwhile I played the mistake putter in a tourney over the weekend but will now have a brand new putter. Just awesome stuff on both accounts. Mistakes happen, resolving them is what matters.

Stay Tuned...

> @"Marco Colo" said:

> > @Babydaddy said:

> > So- I have posted about how Ping replaced a hoofer carry bag that was technically out of warranty- that's pretty cool.

> > I sent my s55's to have them face blasted. They received the irons last Thursday- I called to see about them on Monday and the guy said allow for 7-10 business days- my guess is they will ship Friday (today) and you will receive them Wednesday (next week).

> > I came home Wednesday (two days ago) and there were my Ping irons!

> > the faces all had covers on them-

> > Upon inspection I noticed that they replaced the cushin shaft stickers on their own volition ( I said nothing about them) - some of them had been curled up and frayed, etc.. they replaced all of them with new stickers.

> > Basically- it's like they care about your clubs!

> > This is one of those things that just speaks to the identity of someone or something- as my friend calls it "defining moment"- that is what Ping is.

> > This makes me so happy to be a customer.

>

> Send pics of your ‘new’ S55s please

>

>

some pics below- it wasn't as dramatic as I hoped- They look more uniform but you can still see the spots a little.

> @Babydaddy said:

> > @"Marco Colo" said:

> > > @Babydaddy said:

> > > So- I have posted about how Ping replaced a hoofer carry bag that was technically out of warranty- that's pretty cool.

> > > I sent my s55's to have them face blasted. They received the irons last Thursday- I called to see about them on Monday and the guy said allow for 7-10 business days- my guess is they will ship Friday (today) and you will receive them Wednesday (next week).

> > > I came home Wednesday (two days ago) and there were my Ping irons!

> > > the faces all had covers on them-

> > > Upon inspection I noticed that they replaced the cushin shaft stickers on their own volition ( I said nothing about them) - some of them had been curled up and frayed, etc.. they replaced all of them with new stickers.

> > > Basically- it's like they care about your clubs!

> > > This is one of those things that just speaks to the identity of someone or something- as my friend calls it "defining moment"- that is what Ping is.

> > > This makes me so happy to be a customer.

> >

> > Send pics of your ‘new’ S55s please

> >

> >

>

> some pics below- it wasn't as dramatic as I hoped- They look more uniform but you can still see the spots a little.

They look great though. Well done and thanks for the pics

My story to add. I bought a G400 driver head here some times last year. Used it parts of last season and parts of this season. All told I used it for about 40 rounds, I don't know how many the previous owner used it for but it couldn't have been a lot because the head was in very, very good condition. After committing to the G400 SFT I have I sold the G400(I had separately bought the stock Alta 55 shaft for it) locally. Guy bought it, hit it once and the hosel split in the same way a number of other cases have shown here. I refunded him and got in touch with Ping and sent the club in. Today I received an email that they are replacing the G400 with a G410 Plus. Needless to say I am stoked to receive it.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06