GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Club Corp Course Reviews for Play Away (Formerly Travel) Members

Comments

• noahweinnoahwein Members  24WRX Points: 76Posts: 24 Bunkers

On -, @GolfyGolfy said:

You play as a single, you can bring a guest but they have to pay the green fee

Thanks. Any way to determine in advance what the green fee would be? Tough to find that info published for a private course. Is there anywhere in the clubcorp info to see, or would I need to call them in advance to ask?

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Tha CarterTha Carter Members  28WRX Points: 26Handicap: 11.9Posts: 28 Bunkers

On -, @noahwein said:

On -, @GolfyGolfy said:

Thanks. Any way to determine in advance what the green fee would be? Tough to find that info published for a private course. Is there anywhere in the clubcorp info to see, or would I need to call them in advance to ask?

Clubline will tell you if you ask. If you are planning further out just email them the courses you are curious about and they will tell you guest fee and cart fee. However they have been wrong in my experience, but it was only a couple of dollars.

Posted:
  • flushemflushem Members  2123WRX Points: 437Handicap: 11.5Posts: 2,123 Platinum Tees

On -, @noahwein said:

Looking at joining a club that would grant me access to the cart fee only golf nationwide (2 rounds per club per month). My wife does not golf. If I make a cart fee only tee time at one of these clubcorp clubs, am I able to bring a guest? Or would I only be able to play as a single? Thanks!

Make sure you enter your wife's name and child(ren). one immediate family member is covered either for green fee or dining.

Posted:
  • act0fgodact0fgod Members  190WRX Points: 71Posts: 190 Fairways

On -, @defnotapro said:

Many new people think its twice a month, but you cannot go say July 30th and 31st and turn around and get two more August 1st and 2nd.

This must not apply the same to dining because I have definitely done a trip at the end of one month and the beginning of the next using the benefit for two people twice in 3 days.

Posted:
  • Novagolf1012Novagolf1012 Members  15WRX Points: 37Handicap: 6Posts: 15 Bunkers

On -, @act0fgod said:

On -, @defnotapro said:

Many new people think its twice a month, but you cannot go say July 30th and 31st and turn around and get two more August 1st and 2nd.

This must not apply the same to dining because I have definitely done a trip at the end of one month and the beginning of the next using the benefit for two people twice in 3 days.

I’ve done the same. Golf and dinners... end of one month and beginning of next. Asking the clubline helps clarifying questions.

Posted:
  • baddomesbaddomes Members  6123WRX Points: 1,918Posts: 6,123 Titanium Tees

On -, @Novagolf1012 said:

On -, @act0fgod said:

On -, @defnotapro said:

I’ve done the same. Golf and dinners... end of one month and beginning of next. Asking the clubline helps clarifying questions.

Likewise.

They switched from "30-days" to "Calendar Month" a couple years ago. Probably easier for them to track.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • CougarRedCougarRed Southeast TexasMembers  214WRX Points: 113Handicap: 6.4Posts: 214 Fairways

Some changes to Club Corp in Houston.

The Downtown Club (tennis, gym, dining) offered a number of memberships with golf privileges. Athletic ONE, YEX Athletic ONE, YEX Unlimited Golf.

All of those are going away for new members. Old members are grandfathered in.

Essentially, the Downtown Club has merged with Kingwood CC. Here are some new membership levels:

$189/mo - similar to Athletic ONE with 2 rounds per club per month (limit 6 rounds per month in Houston). Similar time restrictions (no Saturday, early Sunday, late Friday play). Big difference: no Deerwood access.

$459/mo - In addition to downtown club access, full golf access (including weekends) to Kingwood, Lake Windcrest and Golf Trails Woodlands. 2 round/6 round limits apply to other courses. No Deerwood access.

$729/mo - Full golf membership at Deerwood, Kingwood, Lake Windcrest, Golf Trails Woodlands. 2/6 limits apply to other courses. Downtown club access.

Posted:

Vote for your favorite Houston public course!

Accessible SE Texas Courses I Would Play Again
    In order of distance from downtown
    Memorial Park (renovated)*
    Gus Wortham (renovated)*
    Cypresswood Tradition*
    Blackhorse South*
    Eagle Pointe*
    Woodforest
    The Wilderness*
    Walden Lake Conroe
    Crown Colony

* - Regular Rotation

Still Need to Try
    Golf Club of Houston
    Blackhorse North
    High Meadow Ranch

• oneunderbogeyoneunderbogey Lefty Boomers  698WRX Points: 116Posts: 698 Golden Tee

They got rid of yex?

Posted:
  • CougarRedCougarRed Southeast TexasMembers  214WRX Points: 113Handicap: 6.4Posts: 214 Fairways

At the Downtown Club. Don't know about other clubs.

And current YEX members are grandfathered. No YEX for newbies.

Posted:

Gus Wortham (renovated)*
    Cypresswood Tradition*
    Blackhorse South*
    Eagle Pointe*
    Woodforest
    The Wilderness*
    Walden Lake Conroe
    Crown Colony

* - Regular Rotation

Still Need to Try
    Golf Club of Houston
    Blackhorse North
    High Meadow Ranch

• TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members  1412WRX Points: 260Posts: 1,412 Platinum Tees

My latest visit a couple months ago at University Club of Milwaukee formerly known as Tripoli Country Club:

Posted:
    TaylorMade 2020 SIM 9°, UST Elements F6 Proto, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    TaylorMade 2020 3 Wood 15°, Fujikira PRO 2.0 6-S, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    TaylorMade 2020 3 Hybrid 19°, Fujikura Ventus Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • tjl48tjl48 MNMembers  264WRX Points: 67Handicap: 2Posts: 264 Greens

Anyone have any recommendations for the Toronto area? Headed there next week for work and currently have tee time booked for Glen Abbey and Heron Point. Glen Abbey in particular I heard is overrated. Just wondering what courses people would recommend. Looks like there are a bunch of highly rated courses in the area.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • flushemflushem Members  2123WRX Points: 437Handicap: 11.5Posts: 2,123 Platinum Tees

On -, @tjl48 said:

Anyone have any recommendations for the Toronto area? Headed there next week for work and currently have tee time booked for Glen Abbey and Heron Point. Glen Abbey in particular I heard is overrated. Just wondering what courses people would recommend. Looks like there are a bunch of highly rated courses in the area.

Though GA may be overrated, you will always brag that you been there. Have fun.

Posted:
  • SkiSchoolProSkiSchoolPro Members  858WRX Points: 130Handicap: 4Posts: 858 Golden Tee

On -, @Tha Carter said:

On -, @noahwein said:

On -, @GolfyGolfy said:

Clubline will tell you if you ask. If you are planning further out just email them the courses you are curious about and they will tell you guest fee and cart fee. However they have been wrong in my experience, but it was only a couple of dollars.

Agreed...Most cart fees are between $19 & $36 dollars and they usually send you a confirmation with prices after you book (and tell you on the phone). Oftentimes, the prices quoted are correct, but when I played Canada last year none were 100% accurate and there were some larger discrepancies even though they stated the prices in $CAN. Most of the time it was within $7 or $8, BUT at one club it was more. The explanation was that Club Corp does not fully cover/reimburse the green fee so they charge the player the difference. After some discussion, they agreed to let me walk and not charge me cart, so I ended up paying about the same as the quote cart fee only price.

Posted:
  • SkiSchoolProSkiSchoolPro Members  858WRX Points: 130Handicap: 4Posts: 858 Golden Tee

On -, @act0fgod said:

On -, @baddomes said:

Anyone else seeing ridiculous wait times on the Clubline recently? I'm sitting on 11 minutes on hold and counting.

edit: 20 minutes before I finally hung up. This is the third or fourth time I've been on hold for a while in the past month or so, but 20 minutes is the new record. The clubline used to be great, but it's almost unusable anymore.

I try to e-mail, or** use the site for booking** everything.

Wait times for me have varied when calling as have length of calls- sometimes they are able to check tee times online, but for other courses they have to call the pro shop.
    I've had mixed success booking with email. (Main issue was with a non-owned course in Paris...very nice course in great condition, but they were not very responsive to CC and I only ended up with a single time even though I am 99% certain they could have done a second round as I had a lot of flexibility as to when I could play).
    How do you use the site to book? Is there actually an online option for some courses? That would be great!

Posted:
  • tjbluetjblue Members  263WRX Points: 78Posts: 263 Greens

On -, @tjl48 said:

The front 9 at Glen has a few good holes (2-3-9) but the back makes the experience worth the trip...don't miss it.

Heron is a good track and so is Greystone.

Posted:
  • PoserPoser Members  1777WRX Points: 138Handicap: +1Posts: 1,777 Platinum Tees

i've heard clubcorp purchased hasentree in wakeforest nc has anyone else heard this?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • oneunderbogeyoneunderbogey Lefty Boomers  698WRX Points: 116Posts: 698 Golden Tee

Thoughts on the best options in Austin area? It seems like the two courses at the Hills should be my first choices?

Posted:
  • CStephenson17CStephenson17 ClubWRX  716WRX Points: 116Handicap: +1Posts: 716 ClubWRX

Played at Willowbend in Wichita Sunday. Absolutely awful. I can’t believe they play a KFT Monday Q here!

Posted:
  • kidcloudkickerkidcloudkicker Members  67WRX Points: 50Posts: 67 Bunkers

Anyone play TPC Michigan lately? And anyone know what the guest fee is?

Posted:
  • tjbluetjblue Members  263WRX Points: 78Posts: 263 Greens

On -, @kidcloudkicker said:

Anyone play TPC Michigan lately? And anyone know what the guest fee is?

Played back in June. Course was in great shape despite all the rain.

I think the guest fee is around 100$

Posted:
  • Tha CarterTha Carter Members  28WRX Points: 26Handicap: 11.9Posts: 28 Bunkers

On -, @CStephenson17 said:

Played at Willowbend in Wichita Sunday. Absolutely awful. I can’t believe they play a KFT Monday Q here!

Lol glad I didn’t make that mistake. Was just down there last week to play Flint Hills National and played Sand Creek in Newton as a warm up round. Next time you’re in the area make the trip up there, great course and cheap.

Posted:

Advertisement

In looking at the Golf Digest state by state rankings among those bordering Texas, I notice several Club Corp courses making the lists:

Oklahoma = Oak Tree East, Oak Tree West, The Territory
    Arkansas = Diamonte CC, Texarkana CC

Posted:

Gus Wortham (renovated)*
    Cypresswood Tradition*
    Blackhorse South*
    Eagle Pointe*
    Woodforest
    The Wilderness*
    Walden Lake Conroe
    Crown Colony

* - Regular Rotation

Still Need to Try
    Golf Club of Houston
    Blackhorse North
    High Meadow Ranch

• CStephenson17CStephenson17 ClubWRX  716WRX Points: 116Handicap: +1Posts: 716 ClubWRX

On -, @Tha Carter said:

On -, @CStephenson17 said:

Lol glad I didn’t make that mistake. Was just down there last week to play Flint Hills National and played Sand Creek in Newton as a warm up round. Next time you’re in the area make the trip up there, great course and cheap.

Played 3 times out there and once at Auburn Hills this trip. Way better than the ClubCorp courses there

Posted:

Just wrapped up a round at Glenn Abbey. Had a really good time. I thought it was in very good shape. Greens were very firm and fast. I would say I enjoyed the course. I agree with what I have heard from some other people say about it being popular because it is a tour stop and not because it is a great course. It was very good, but next time I end up in Toronto I think I'd explore some other club link courses.

Posted:
  • pinhigh27pinhigh27 Members  9834WRX Points: 348Posts: 9,834 Titanium Tees

Anybody know the greens fee at firestone?

Posted:
  • theebdktheebdk Members  474WRX Points: 93Posts: 474 Greens

On -, @pinhigh27 said:

Anybody know the greens fee at firestone?

Which course? Assume you are asking about the South Course which usually requires an overnight stay. Greens fee including the cart is $281. The cart fee only on North Course is $31.

Posted:

Advertisement

Played Heron Pointe today. I think it is a much more interesting course then Glen Abbey was. Lots of elevation changes and very challenging. I was disappointed in the range. Was pretty much hitting off a dirt patch. GA was in a little better shape overall. HP was a little baked out but still pretty good. If I had to choose between the 2 to play again it would definitly be Heron Pointe.

Posted:
  • bastarfbastarf Members  25WRX Points: 30Posts: 25 Bunkers

Played the South Course at Coto De Caza in Southern CA and the course is in great condition. It was my first time on the South Course and other than the 90 deg heat, I had a blast. From what I could recall, only one or two of the greens we're bumpy and every other green was rolling smooth at an 11.5.

For those of you visiting Socal soon, it looks like Coto is running a "Take a Guest for Free" promotion. You just pay the cart fee for both yourself and one guest. The North Course renovation is also slated to be done in about a week or so as well. Just booked another tee time on the North Course in a couple of weeks.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M2 - 10.5
    TaylorMade R15 3HL
    TaylorMade GAPR HI 3 Hybrid
    Callaway CF16 4-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50/10, 54/10, 58/8
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select

On -, @bastarf said:

Coto is running a "Take a Guest for Free" promotion. You just pay the cart fee for both yourself and one guest.

The take a guest for free promo is something clubcorp has done in July and August the past couple of months. 1 free guest for golf or dining each month. Does not apply for affiliate courses.

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @SkiSchoolPro said:

How do you use the site to book? Is there actually an online option for some courses? That would be great!

So it's not much different than the e-mail method. At clubcorp benefits finder page (https://www.clubcorp.com/Membership/Benefits-Finder) you go to the course you want and click contact clubline. It takes you to a form that you fill out with the information on your request.
    It's not like booking your time and you can't see any availability. ClubCorp responds via e-mail.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.