2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

"Mr. Hogan - A documentary" - Review and discussion

sjo89

Another way to look at it, if we didn't have Christo, Brendon, and Crossfield, we'd have less golf stuff to watch.

It's nice to have more golf stuff to watch.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

watched a few of his "channel" but the quest to be someone else is very unappealing to me. Shocked that he is now selling vids of his quest to make money..but...why not if there are buyers out there...here

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

I would pay any amount of money to have seen Christo interview Hogan directly. I’d also love to see the look on Hogan’s face when he finds out Ben Hogan Golf sponsors Christo.

I don’t think Christo would walk away from that with his trademark smile.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

I would pay any amount of money to have seen Christo interview Hogan directly. I'd also love to see the look on Hogan's face when he finds out Ben Hogan Golf sponsors Christo.

I don't think Christo would walk away from that with his trademark smile.

More than likely his "sponsorship" was getting a set of irons at cost.

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

Another way to look at it, if we didn't have Christo, Brendon, and Crossfield, we'd have less golf stuff to watch.

It's nice to have more golf stuff to watch.

Christo and Brendon are no where in the ball park as Crossfield.

The first two are entertainment, if you want to call it that. Crossfield in his jovial style knows his stuff.

Ping G410+ Tensei Orange Pro.

Mizuno GT180 shaft as above.

Adams 3H  Aldila Blue.

Wilson FG100 4i-PW.

Wilson PMP 52/56/60

Putters....too many.

• 1 year later...

I'm really surprised at all the jealousy / critical comments about Christo Garcia. His YouTube channel is called "My Swing Evolution" and nothing is disingenuous about it. He gives very insightful commentary about Hogans methods and his lessons with Greg McHatton are excellent. I have not seen the movie but always enjoy the Hogan Mystique. More mystique and Hogan stories is certain to be interesting. I'm glad he is making his passion pay off.

Whats in the Bag:
Srixon Zx7 MKII 10.5* set to 11.5* with 44" Dynamic Gold X100
Srixon Zx7 MKII 15* Fairway set to 16* with Hazrdous Stiff Graphite

Srixon Zx7 MKII 19* Hybrid with KBS Tour Prototype 85 Stiff Graphite
Srixon Zx7 4-PW with KBS $ Taper 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX6 50-54-58* Mid Grind Wedges with Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Spinner Shafts

Cleveland Frontline Elite CERO Putter
Intelligent Design TRUST Milled Putter 

Other than the fact his swing hasn't "evolved" lol....he was doing this to make money from the start, no doubt. But nonetheless some of his footage is interesting and he puts the time into. I understand the criticisms of him not being a qualified instructor etc ...its true. Be useless to "take a lesson" from him. But otoh the teaching pros making this claim are also being hypocritical because a) they don't agree as a group on much including uhhh fundamentals like ball fligh laws, b) they often times dont help their students to play better, and c) worst of all a lot of instruction from pros out there is downright flawed and misleading.

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW 17.5 Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon ZX MKII 3UT MMT 95

Callaway X Forged CB 21' 4-PW Modus 120

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

Reminds me of Documentary Now's S3 E5 "Searching for Mr. Larson: A Love Letter from The Far Side"

Give it a watch. Another Fred Armison classic, LOL.

• Like 1

TSR3 (9o) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6)
TSR2+ (14.5o 3w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

TSR2 (21o 7w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)
Z-Forged (7-Gw) (Nippon Modus3)

SM9 56-F / 60-S
Maltby PTM-5CS

The funny thing about Hogan's secret...there are bunches of books, 1000's of threads, 100's of Youtube videos, magazine articles, when those existed, about it. But Hogan gives his secret in the Life magazine article, yet no one accepts it. Ben even says it wont help most people, which is why I think most people wont accept it.

The 'secret" is about taming a hook. If you don't have a strong professional level swing, with tons of natural lag and a tendency to hit them low left on occasion then move along...

The secret, from Mr. Ben Hogan himself..

BEN HOGAN'S SECRET: PRONATION PLUS TWO ADJUSTMENTS

One night in 1946 as he was lying awake in bed and wondering what he could do to harness his hook, Ben Hogan decided to experiment with some personal variations on the old, discredited technique called pronation. When a golfer pronates, the left wrist gradually rolls to the right on the backswing, the palm of the left hand gradually rolls downward, and this action gradually opens the face of the club. On the downswing, the corollary action, supination, takes place. The left wrist rolls to the left, the palm rolls upward, and the club face gradually closes so that, in theory anyway, it is absolutely square when it arrives at the ball. Pronation by itself, as Hogan states, is no cure for a hook and, in truth, encourages one. However, he felt that by making certain adjustments, pronation could serve as a base for a reliable, hook-proof method of striking the ball. The adoption of the pronation technique plus the working out of two related adjustments are what constitute Hogan's Secret.

The first adjustment Hogan made was to alter his grip, moving his left hand about -inch to the left so that the thumb lies directly on top of the shaft. (This revised position was visible, of course, and has already been copied by many pros.) The second adjustment—the heart of the secret—was invisible. It was a slight movement of the left wrist on the backswing, cupping the wrist in. As a result, the back of the left hand is gradually twisted upwards, so that at the top of the back-swing it is tilted some six to eight degrees above its normal position. "At this position," Hogan says, "the swing has been made hook-proof." Hogan used this private formula on 90% of the shots he played, forgoing the adjustments only on those relatively rare occasions when a hook was required.

The gradual cupping in of the wrist on his backswing was a movement Hogan never committed to "muscle memory" and on which he concentrated during each swing. At the top of the backswing, with the back of the left hand tilted 8° above its normal plane, with club face open to "the widest practical extreme," Hogan felt safe from hooking. "No matter how much wrist I put into the downswing," he explains, "no matter how hard I swung or how hard I tried to roll into and through the ball, the face of the club could not close fast enough to become absolutely square at the moment of impact. The result was that lovely, long-fading ball which is a highly effective weapon on any golf course."

https://www.si.com/vault/1955/08/08/604889/hogan-reveals-his-secret

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

I think Monte nailed it: Hogans “secret” was to practice twice as much as his competitors. As for the cupped wrist thing: When Hogan was young & making money as a caddie, the caddie gang had regular long driving competitions with money involved. This was in Tx, Decades before irrigation .... stone hard grounds ... and Hogan wasn’t the biggest bloke in the gang. He started to win his share when he managed to put a hook tail on his drives. I think the release patten he developed then stayed with him .

> @dlygrisse said:

> The funny thing about Hogan's secret...there are bunches of books, 1000's of threads, 100's of Youtube videos, magazine articles, when those existed, about it. But Hogan gives his secret in the Life magazine article, yet no one accepts it. Ben even says it wont help most people, which is why I think most people wont accept it.

> The 'secret" is about taming a hook. If you don't have a strong professional level swing, with tons of natural lag and a tendency to hit them low left on occasion then move along...

> The secret, from Mr. Ben Hogan himself..

>

>

> BEN HOGAN'S SECRET: PRONATION PLUS TWO ADJUSTMENTS

>

> One night in 1946 as he was lying awake in bed and wondering what he could do to harness his hook, Ben Hogan decided to experiment with some personal variations on the old, discredited technique called pronation. When a golfer pronates, the left wrist gradually rolls to the right on the backswing, the palm of the left hand gradually rolls downward, and this action gradually opens the face of the club. On the downswing, the corollary action, supination, takes place. The left wrist rolls to the left, the palm rolls upward, and the club face gradually closes so that, in theory anyway, it is absolutely square when it arrives at the ball. Pronation by itself, as Hogan states, is no cure for a hook and, in truth, encourages one. However, he felt that by making certain adjustments, pronation could serve as a base for a reliable, hook-proof method of striking the ball. The adoption of the pronation technique plus the working out of two related adjustments are what constitute Hogan's Secret.

>

> The first adjustment Hogan made was to alter his grip, moving his left hand about -inch to the left so that the thumb lies directly on top of the shaft. (This revised position was visible, of course, and has already been copied by many pros.) The second adjustment—the heart of the secret—was invisible. It was a slight movement of the left wrist on the backswing, cupping the wrist in. As a result, the back of the left hand is gradually twisted upwards, so that at the top of the back-swing it is tilted some six to eight degrees above its normal position. "At this position," Hogan says, "the swing has been made hook-proof." Hogan used this private formula on 90% of the shots he played, forgoing the adjustments only on those relatively rare occasions when a hook was required.

>

> The gradual cupping in of the wrist on his backswing was a movement Hogan never committed to "muscle memory" and on which he concentrated during each swing. At the top of the backswing, with the back of the left hand tilted 8° above its normal plane, with club face open to "the widest practical extreme," Hogan felt safe from hooking. "No matter how much wrist I put into the downswing," he explains, "no matter how hard I swung or how hard I tried to roll into and through the ball, the face of the club could not close fast enough to become absolutely square at the moment of impact. The result was that lovely, long-fading ball which is a highly effective weapon on any golf course."

>

> https://www.si.com/vault/1955/08/08/604889/hogan-reveals-his-secret

>

Don’t know who you’re quoting here but “the secret” was found in summer of 1947, not 1946 ... after Hogan returned home from the PGA Championship having made it only to R64 (match play back then). He had won that tournament in 1946 ... his first major. He battle tested it at George May’s tournament in Chicago a few weeks later that summer (1947) and won.

The Power Golf vids shot at Augusta in Spring 1947 were thus pre-secret, but show a cupped left wrist at P4. He felt SI owed him and was probably messing with them. Not bloody likely that he would reveal to the world what he worked so hard to achieve ... and if he did tell anyone in his inner circle, it would have been with the caveat not to repeat it. Like Hogan told Jackie Burke, “keep ‘em dumb”.

> @moehogan said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > The funny thing about Hogan's secret...there are bunches of books, 1000's of threads, 100's of Youtube videos, magazine articles, when those existed, about it. But Hogan gives his secret in the Life magazine article, yet no one accepts it. Ben even says it wont help most people, which is why I think most people wont accept it.

> > The 'secret" is about taming a hook. If you don't have a strong professional level swing, with tons of natural lag and a tendency to hit them low left on occasion then move along...

> > The secret, from Mr. Ben Hogan himself..

> >

> >

> > BEN HOGAN'S SECRET: PRONATION PLUS TWO ADJUSTMENTS

> >

> > One night in 1946 as he was lying awake in bed and wondering what he could do to harness his hook, Ben Hogan decided to experiment with some personal variations on the old, discredited technique called pronation. When a golfer pronates, the left wrist gradually rolls to the right on the backswing, the palm of the left hand gradually rolls downward, and this action gradually opens the face of the club. On the downswing, the corollary action, supination, takes place. The left wrist rolls to the left, the palm rolls upward, and the club face gradually closes so that, in theory anyway, it is absolutely square when it arrives at the ball. Pronation by itself, as Hogan states, is no cure for a hook and, in truth, encourages one. However, he felt that by making certain adjustments, pronation could serve as a base for a reliable, hook-proof method of striking the ball. The adoption of the pronation technique plus the working out of two related adjustments are what constitute Hogan's Secret.

> >

> > The first adjustment Hogan made was to alter his grip, moving his left hand about -inch to the left so that the thumb lies directly on top of the shaft. (This revised position was visible, of course, and has already been copied by many pros.) The second adjustment—the heart of the secret—was invisible. It was a slight movement of the left wrist on the backswing, cupping the wrist in. As a result, the back of the left hand is gradually twisted upwards, so that at the top of the back-swing it is tilted some six to eight degrees above its normal position. "At this position," Hogan says, "the swing has been made hook-proof." Hogan used this private formula on 90% of the shots he played, forgoing the adjustments only on those relatively rare occasions when a hook was required.

> >

> > The gradual cupping in of the wrist on his backswing was a movement Hogan never committed to "muscle memory" and on which he concentrated during each swing. At the top of the backswing, with the back of the left hand tilted 8° above its normal plane, with club face open to "the widest practical extreme," Hogan felt safe from hooking. "No matter how much wrist I put into the downswing," he explains, "no matter how hard I swung or how hard I tried to roll into and through the ball, the face of the club could not close fast enough to become absolutely square at the moment of impact. The result was that lovely, long-fading ball which is a highly effective weapon on any golf course."

> >

> > https://www.si.com/vault/1955/08/08/604889/hogan-reveals-his-secret

> >

> Don’t know who you’re quoting here but “the secret” was found in summer of 1947, not 1946 ... after Hogan returned home from the PGA Championship having made it only to R64 (match play back then). He had won that tournament in 1946 ... his first major. He battle tested it at George May’s tournament in Chicago a few weeks later that summer (1947) and won.

>

> The Power Golf vids shot at Augusta in Spring 1947 were thus pre-secret, but show a cupped left wrist at P4. He felt SI owed him and was probably messing with them. Not bloody likely that he would reveal to the world what he worked so hard to achieve ... and if he did tell anyone in his inner circle, it would have been with the caveat not to repeat it. Like Hogan told Jackie Burke, “keep ‘em dumb”.

>

This is from the Life magazine article which quoted Hogan himself. Hogan was paid to reveal it, it's not some silly mystery. It was simply a move that worked for him to stop himself from hooking. Just go to the range and do was he says in this article. most people will hit it right of right. It wasn't like Hogan was some kind of hack who couldn't hit the sweetspot prior to the secret, he was already known for being very long, but inconsistent. The secret just allowed him to swing hard without the fear of hooking.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Thank you for the review OP...I would offer you $5 via paypal because your review saved me $25, but then again, there was no way I was buying a $25 youtube collection about Hogan.

Totally agree with Monte on Hogan's secret. However, any discussion of Hogan should have one of those "tobacco warnings" fronting any book/video. Something along the lines of "spending 8 hours a day digging in the dirt will more likely result in clinical injury and not discovering any secret."

Not to belittle any of Hogan's great accomplishments, I am sure any of those lucky enough to live through it first hand was greatly entertained and marvelled at his accomplishments - as it should be. But 65+ years later, we have the internet / youtube / social media to thank for giving the 15 seconds of "fame" to anyone with an adulation bordering on insanity and a camera. All this video was missing is an interview with Peter Kessler!

Can we just enjoy Hogan through the lens of real professional storytellers / writers ?

No mention of "cupped left wrist" when asked how he beat the hook in the interview below, rather the emphasis is on the GRIP. If he really spilled the goods in Life Magazine, why did Hogan not confirm it in this interview? Pronation and supination are acknowledged but he states that the grip is the primary driver. These are NOT wrist motions anyway, but are FOREARM motions.

BTW, I've played with a cupped left wrist for over 50 years and wrestled with a hook for the first 35 of them. The running joke was that I could hook a sand wedge off of a downhill lie below my feet. LOL. Didn't beat it until I started experimenting with grip pressures.

Ben Hogan: The Golf Magazine Interview

By George Peper

September 1987

HOGAN: Yes, years ago. When I first started on Tour, I had a terrible problem with a hook and I struggled constantly to learn to fade the ball. Finally, one day I said to myself, “Henny Bogan, you have got to go home and correct this. Otherwise you’re never gonna make a living.”

So I came home for two weeks and worked and thought about my game. I’ll never forget, one night in bed I got an idea, something I might try. Well, I could barely wait for the sun to come up the next morning. Out I went to the practice tee and started trying out my theory. It worked. It worked all day long. And the next day. And the next day too.

So I said, I’ve got to take this out on Tour and put it under some pressure. The next week was the George May Tournament in Chicago—and in those days he had two events, back to back. A big field of players competed the first week, and then the top 12 from that tournament went on to play for big money the following week. Well, I went up there and won both of them.

GOLF: What was that inspiration?

HOGAN: I’m not telling (smiling).

GOLF: Did it relate to one of the fundamentals in your book, “Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf”?

HOGAN: Yes, it did.

GOLF: It was the part about pronation and supination, wasn’t it?

HOGAN: Well, yes it was, but it all gets back to the grip. You can’t make those moves unless you have the proper hold on the club. It’s like steering an automobile. You don’t steer to the right all the time, you also steer to the left. That ability has to come from the grip, which is the transformer through which the juice flows.

**Pre-Secret Swing w/cupped left wrist**

611re6bzcwzp.png

> @moehogan said:

> No mention of "cupped left wrist" when asked how he beat the hook in the interview below, rather the emphasis is on the GRIP. If he really spilled the goods in Life Magazine, why did Hogan not confirm it in this interview? Pronation and supination are acknowledged but he states that the grip is the primary driver. These are NOT wrist motions anyway, but are FOREARM motions.

>

> BTW, I've played with a cupped left wrist for over 50 years and wrestled with a hook for the first 35 of them. The running joke was that I could hook a sand wedge off of a downhill lie below my feet. LOL. Didn't beat it until I started experimenting with grip pressures.

>

> Ben Hogan: The Golf Magazine Interview

> By George Peper

> September 1987

>

> HOGAN: Yes, years ago. When I first started on Tour, I had a terrible problem with a hook and I struggled constantly to learn to fade the ball. Finally, one day I said to myself, “Henny Bogan, you have got to go home and correct this. Otherwise you’re never gonna make a living.”

> So I came home for two weeks and worked and thought about my game. I’ll never forget, one night in bed I got an idea, something I might try. Well, I could barely wait for the sun to come up the next morning. Out I went to the practice tee and started trying out my theory. It worked. It worked all day long. And the next day. And the next day too.

> So I said, I’ve got to take this out on Tour and put it under some pressure. The next week was the George May Tournament in Chicago—and in those days he had two events, back to back. A big field of players competed the first week, and then the top 12 from that tournament went on to play for big money the following week. Well, I went up there and won both of them.

>

> GOLF: What was that inspiration?

>

> HOGAN: I’m not telling (smiling).

>

> GOLF: Did it relate to one of the fundamentals in your book, “Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf”?

>

> HOGAN: Yes, it did.

>

> GOLF: It was the part about pronation and supination, wasn’t it?

>

> HOGAN: Well, yes it was, but it all gets back to the grip. You can’t make those moves unless you have the proper hold on the club. It’s like steering an automobile. You don’t steer to the right all the time, you also steer to the left. That ability has to come from the grip, which is the transformer through which the juice flows.

>

> **Pre-Secret Swing w/cupped left wrist**

>

> 611re6bzcwzp.png

>

If thats cupped its not by much. From that angle the appearance of his right hand makes it look more so. But if you trace the left wrist its axtually prettt flat

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW 17.5 Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon ZX MKII 3UT MMT 95

Callaway X Forged CB 21' 4-PW Modus 120

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

• 2 weeks later...

I am a long term golf student and major Hogan fan, though only a 7-10 handicapper. I enjoyed the Hogan Film though I agree there could have been more. But then I have read 7 books on Mr Hogan and have tried to reconstruct his swing several times in my life - failing each time. Watching Cristo's videos has renewed that effort and I feel that he has some good insights to share and they seem to be working in MY swing. Kind of a fan of Cristo for putting himself out there and dissecting Mr Hogan's swing.

> @zygmoscott said:

> I am a long term golf student and major Hogan fan, though only a 7-10 handicapper. I enjoyed the Hogan Film though I agree there could have been more. But then I have read 7 books on Mr Hogan and have tried to reconstruct his swing several times in my life - failing each time. Watching Cristo's videos has renewed that effort and I feel that he has some good insights to share and they seem to be working in MY swing. Kind of a fan of Cristo for putting himself out there and dissecting Mr Hogan's swing.

Maybe you'll get it right this time now that you've found Cristo.

Imagine a world where Ben Hogan didn't utter the S word. how much better golf instruction would be without 90% of it being quick fix one-move-cures-all snake oil. Hogan was unique, his pivot and extension was immense, plus he grafted far harder than anyone else around at the time. he also had silly long arms

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> sjo89 wrote:

>

>

> Cornwall1888 wrote:

>

>

>

> These YouTube guys like him and bebettergolf make me uncomfortable. They use their YouTube channels to basically sell merch and golf schools when neither of them are qualified.

>

>

>

> They are probably both low single figure handicappers, golf isn't there profession, film making is

>

>

>

> Guys like crossfield and rick shiels are PGA pros but they don't try to sell anything although we know they do offer lessons.

>

>

>

> I don't like christo's fake super nice contrived on screen persona either.

>

>

>

> I'm also uncomfortable with him using hogan's name and brand to sell his stuff, although the hogan company are fans of his.

>

>

>

> The guy is a decent golfer and an average film maker, I won't be buying his movie or attending his golf schools anytime soon

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I dont have an issue because nobody is making you pay for it. Also, Brendan isnt doing instructional videos, hes featuring as a student in the videos alongside top name pros. Travelling and making these films isnt cheap so these guys need to make their money back somehow. I also dont have an issue with them being paid to teach. Just because they dont have a degree doesnt mean they are bad teachers - just look at Joseph Mayo.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> He is doing instructional vids, putting on clinics (which he videos) and engaging in online instruction (nothing about his interaction with a variety of good teachers suggests he has the qualifications to be doing it). I think he lost his way a little bit.

Well, if people are handing him cash I think he has found his way... I don't enjoy his stuff and find him incredibly smarmy. People are getting swindled by a guy that does not know what he is talking about. If you produce enough videos on youtube you can get lots of people to think you know what you are doing.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @MonteScheinblum said:

> BrianMcG wrote:

>

>

> MonteScheinblum wrote:

>

>

> Soloman1 wrote:

>

>

>

> I followed Hogan's group the first round of his last Masters in 1967.

>

>

>

> I can tell you the secret I saw in person... for $25 /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I did an informercial with Ken Venturi and spent an afternoon listening to him talk about Ben.

>

>

>

> I will give you the secret for free.

>

>

>

> Hit balls 8 hours a day for 10 years...without missing a day.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> But when you tell people that, it just pisses them off.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Fair enough. I'm going to go into seclusion for 2 months in John Kaczansky's cabin.

>

>

>

> When I come out I will have a non timing based release pattern and a drill on how to create it hitting only one small bucket per month.

>

>

>

> 4 installments of $19.99 plus a $500 credit card fee per transaction.

>

>

>

> Better?

I once saw a sign that a pro had posted for his rates. It was something like "10 lessons for $75 each. one lesson $5000. If you want a miracle, your going to pay for it." made me chuckle, and is very true about how many approach the game.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I don't think the secret had anything to do with curing the hook, that was pretty easy for Hogan with the grip. The secret is in his ball flight somewhere. How did he hit a power fade before there was such a thing? How did he hit the rocket that went straight and only faded or tailed right at the end on the fall? The cupping and the supination/pronation was so he could go at the ball as hard as he needed to to maintain his distance he needed to win. He was only about 5'8" 135 lbs.

Would you describe his sing path as in to out, out to in or square through the ball? The face was open. There is a youtube vid where Christo gets to grip Hogan's driver with the reminder rib on the underside. He comments that the clubface looks wide, wide open to square.