GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Sharpie for Cherry Dots?

SDGolfRookie ·  
SDGolfRookieSDGolfRookie Members  108WRX Points: 28Handicap: 13Posts: 108 Fairways

Just got an OTR Squareback 1.5.
- I don’t love the red dots
- Would using a sharpie over them work OR do I really have to strip the existing red and then paint? Would be great if a marker could do the trick (less concerned about it lasting forever - could always re-marker it. More concerned if wet morning rounds would make it run and ruin the putter?)

Posted:
Cobra F8: Driver, 3/4, 5/6
Ping IBlades: 4-P
Ping Glide 2.0: 50, 54, 58
Toulon Stoke Lab Austin
Vice Pro / Sun Mountain / Lululemon / Nike

Comments

• GeorgeHWBGeorgeHWB Members  2205WRX Points: 1,656Posts: 2,205 Platinum Tees

Go for it. Once it's dry it should not run even if it gets wet. That said, stripping and repainting in a color of your choice is very easy. If the Sharpie looks terrible you can go that route. Acetone with a Q-tip to strip and Testors model paint to redo the paint (or any other hobby paint).

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mister2coolmister2cool Members  3891WRX Points: 208Posts: 3,891 Titanium Tees

I have an older one with sharpied dots and sight line.. they do not run at all and actually don't even look bad. The color lacks a little depth but that's about it.

Posted:
    2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
    2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
    RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
    Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
    Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
    Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
    Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
    Putter... Who needs that?
  • SDGolfRookieSDGolfRookie Members  108WRX Points: 28Handicap: 13Posts: 108 Fairways

Gave it a try - was originally thinking blue but didn’t have = went with black. Not too bad!

Posted:
    Cobra F8: Driver, 3/4, 5/6
    Ping IBlades: 4-P
    Ping Glide 2.0: 50, 54, 58
    Toulon Stoke Lab Austin
    Vice Pro / Sun Mountain / Lululemon / Nike
  • jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members  3144WRX Points: 249Posts: 3,144 Titanium Tees

Looks pretty **** good to me! Will have to remember this for future Camerons.

Posted:
  • buckrogers71buckrogers71 Members  431WRX Points: 133Posts: 431 Greens

I did it in a metallic gray turned out good. Took a couple of passes

Posted:
  • Spaulding S.Spaulding S. Members  73WRX Points: 98Posts: 73 Bunkers

Had the numbers on my irons start to wear off. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a craft paint pen and it worked perfect.

Posted:
    Are you gonna eat your fat?
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • themule08themule08 RochesterMembers  82WRX Points: 57Posts: 82 Fairways

Might have to do this.. my scotty lost those too

Posted:
    R1
    Callaway Diablo tour 3/5
    Cobra Amp Forged Iron 4-AW
    Hopkins Golf FST High Rev 56/58
    Odyssey
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members  4370WRX Points: 386Posts: 4,370 Titanium Tees

On -, @Spaulding S. said:

Had the numbers on my irons start to wear off. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a craft paint pen and it worked perfect.

I would think paint over the color is better than sharpie. Sharpie will do but a nicer job could only be done with another layer of paint. and no need to remove the old pain if the surface is prepared.

Posted:
  • DiscoDinerDiscoDiner Members  140WRX Points: 37Handicap: 6Posts: 140 Fairways

On -, @SDGolfRookie said:

Gave it a try - was originally thinking blue but didn’t have = went with black. Not too bad!

That looks wild! I've never seen someone go with black. I really like it :smiley: great work

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.