2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

How many have found their "utopia" golf ball?

jjfcpa

The original Precept EV Extra Spin. Haven’t found her since.

Chrome Soft is trying. She likes to chase.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

I love the tour b XS, but recently the 2019 Pro V1 has been close to the best ball for my game. The Tour B XS is the best ball around the greens, but spins a little too much for me with my driver at times. The 19 Pro V1 has a must stronger flight off the driver and longer irons, while still having the classic Pro V 1 feel and control. That may be the closest to a utopia ball I get to.

> @dan360 said:

> The original Precept EV Extra Spin. Haven’t found her since.

>

> Chrome Soft is trying. She likes to chase.

00 precept ev was my ball in high school!

• Like 2

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

I've tried tons of balls but the best bang I can get for my buck performance wise is titleist trusoft , I love this ball. The trajectory I get is perfect, it stops fine on the approach shots and putting feels superb. Distance control with irons, wedges and putter are great. It will be hard to go to another ball should they discontinue this one.

Mizuno STZ 9.5 Motore X F1s 44.5"
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° Project X pxv 6.0

Mizuno CLK 3 Hybrid Tensei Blue S
Srixon ZX7 4-AW Nippon Modus3 Tour 120s 
Taylormade Hi-Toe Raw 56*-62* 
Wilson Staff 8802 Milled 32.5"
Titleist Tour Speed/ ProvV1 21

Nike RZN Tour Platinum and Black will never be beat in my mind so I'm always looking for the replacement. TP5 is an incredible ball. MG Golf has Callaway Chrome Tour on sale for 21.99 a dozen in the Truvis pattern. The ball feels and flies VERY similar to the Nikes.

I looki forward to trying all theo ther balls on the market. Srixon deserves some of my business after being so harsh on them in years past. Bridgestone used to make Nike balls so, I gotta try those. Snell is always a top performer. Mizuno balls are getting a lot of attention out here in San Diego too. I can't wait to try them.

Have been playing the B XS for a while now and can't find anything I'd change in it. For my 100 ss it's long off the tee, great spin on approaches and around the greens, nice feel and durable. I have always thought that all premium balls are similar in performance and it comes down to personal preference, and for me I just like the B SX more than any other ball.

> @thejuice said:

> For me it’s the Vice Pro Plus. I do have an occasional affair with the AVX, but because she’s a high priced side chick, I keep going back to my main girl the Pro Plus. The Pro Plus does everything I need her to do and I seem to shoot by best scores whenever she’s on the tee and on the greens. Again, I feel like I can play equally as strong with the AVX, but I get five Vice Pro Plus for $125 versus just one dozen AVX for $50. More bang for my buck with the Vice.

Seconded. The Pro Plus is just perfect. I played a round last week and drove the ball around 300 yards on average, my longest of the season so far. The feel on greens is just perfect too. I got 7 dozens in stock, might ordered some more when fall comes.

• Like 1

> @Red4282 said:

> Im currently infatuated with 2019 tp5x- i was sick of sucking back every full shot 90-140 yards nearly off the green. Tp5x drop and stop, maybe a foot or two of suck back. Still enough spin for partial shots, ive heard of people complaining about hitting more flyers than normal, but i havent seen such. And the feel is perfect for me. Not too firm, not too soft. Driver launches high but flat ?

... Pretty much how I feel although I have been in this camp since the Lethal came out and every generation has gotten better. TP5x is usually within a yard or two of my pitch mark. Hits, bounces forward then spins back about the same amount or a little more or less depending on the club. Hitting mythical fliers, always a WRX greatest hits LOL, has never happened of course. Best ball off a driver I have hit. That said I could play a Z Star or ProV1x and be perfectly happy if I ran out of TP5x's.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour

> @chisag said:

> > @Red4282 said:

> > Im currently infatuated with 2019 tp5x- i was sick of sucking back every full shot 90-140 yards nearly off the green. Tp5x drop and stop, maybe a foot or two of suck back. Still enough spin for partial shots, ive heard of people complaining about hitting more flyers than normal, but i havent seen such. And the feel is perfect for me. Not too firm, not too soft. Driver launches high but flat ?

>

> ... Pretty much how I feel although I have been in this camp since the Lethal came out and every generation has gotten better. TP5x is usually within a yard or two of my pitch mark. Hits, bounces forward then spins back about the same amount or a little more or less depending on the club. Hitting mythical fliers, always a WRX greatest hits LOL, has never happened of course. Best ball off a driver I have hit. That said I could play a Z Star or ProV1x and be perfectly happy if I ran out of TP5x's.

Out of curiosity i checked today to see which ball tested closest to the tp5x (just in case i wanted to try something else for giggles) on a recent test done by another website. The 2 that were closet were mtb black, bridgestone b xs.

• Like 1

> @Hanlpa01 said:

> Titleist AVX. Picked up a dozen with a gift card that I had and I fear that there’s no turning back. Great flight off the driver with a ton of control on the green.

>

> Looks like I’m gonna be paying $50/doz in the future.

I picked some AVX up Thursday as I was playing in outings on Friday and Saturday. Figured it would be a good time to test a few different balls. I had some of the longest drives I have had in years with the AVX. Also no issues getting spin as I was throwing darts with wedges as well. Put it in play for my normal Sunday morning round and went on to shoot 72. So yeah I found my new ball.

Callaway Paradym TD                 9°   Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60

Callaway Paradym TD 3+         13.5°  Mitsubishi Kai'li White 70

Callaway Apex UW                   19°   Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75

Callaway Apex 21                      4-PW  True Temper XP 105

Callaway Jaws Raw                   54°S ,60°Z True Temper DG Spinner 

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide

Callaway Chrome Soft

> @Hanlpa01 said:

> Titleist AVX. Picked up a dozen with a gift card that I had and I fear that there’s no turning back. Great flight off the driver with a ton of control on the green.

>

> Looks like I’m gonna be paying $50/doz in the future.

Get the LostGolfBalls.com 5 A rated. You will save tons an they have sales all the time. I just bought 5 dozen and they look like they are right off the factory assembly line. Great ball. Just goes a mile...

> @pleadguitar said:

> I've tried tons of balls but the best bang I can get for my buck performance wise is titleist trusoft , I love this ball. The trajectory I get is perfect, it stops fine on the approach shots and putting feels superb. Distance control with irons, wedges and putter are great. It will be hard to go to another ball should they discontinue this one.

How would you compare it to the Callaway super soft?

> @"The Pearl" said:

> > @Hanlpa01 said:

> > Titleist AVX. Picked up a dozen with a gift card that I had and I fear that there’s no turning back. Great flight off the driver with a ton of control on the green.

> >

> > Looks like I’m gonna be paying $50/doz in the future.

>

> Get the LostGolfBalls.com 5 A rated. You will save tons an they have sales all the time. I just bought 5 dozen and they look like they are right off the factory assembly line. Great ball. Just goes a mile...

I’ll have to check it out. I picked up a box of Pro V1 reloads last year and it was real hit or miss. Some felt like new and others were like hitting rocks so I’ve been skeptical but I feel like a website would have better consistency. Thanks for the heads up.

> @DREWZER300 said:

> > @Hanlpa01 said:

> > Titleist AVX. Picked up a dozen with a gift card that I had and I fear that there’s no turning back. Great flight off the driver with a ton of control on the green.

> >

> > Looks like I’m gonna be paying $50/doz in the future.

>

> I picked some AVX up Thursday as I was playing in outings on Friday and Saturday. Figured it would be a good time to test a few different balls. I had some of the longest drives I have had in years with the AVX. Also no issues getting spin as I was throwing darts with wedges as well. Put it in play for my normal Sunday morning round and went on to shoot 72. So yeah I found my new ball.

Agreed completely. Played in a scramble on Friday and I usually hit cheap ones so not to be the guy holding up the group looking for a $4 ball. Ended up winning the long drive with the AVX. I’m hooked now.

> @reitzer2000 said:

> I have recently fallen in love with the Srixon Z Star XV. Have tried them all and I seem to fall out of love just as quickly usually but this one has stuck with me all year so far.

What about this ball appeals to you? I just purchased a dozen to give them a try. It's up against the Snell MTB X so it will flat out have to perform in order for me to switch.

> @Bubb said:

> > @pleadguitar said:

> > I've tried tons of balls but the best bang I can get for my buck performance wise is titleist trusoft , I love this ball. The trajectory I get is perfect, it stops fine on the approach shots and putting feels superb. Distance control with irons, wedges and putter are great. It will be hard to go to another ball should they discontinue this one.

> How would you compare it to the Callaway super soft?

>

Supersoft was higher trajectory and thus loses distance for me, trusoft has a more penetrating flight

Mizuno STZ 9.5 Motore X F1s 44.5"
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° Project X pxv 6.0

Mizuno CLK 3 Hybrid Tensei Blue S
Srixon ZX7 4-AW Nippon Modus3 Tour 120s 
Taylormade Hi-Toe Raw 56*-62* 
Wilson Staff 8802 Milled 32.5"
Titleist Tour Speed/ ProvV1 21

Snell MTB-X....does everything I want a golf ball to do. It’s just a perfect fit for me. And under $30 a dozen...nice bonus plan

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

2 piece - Titleist DT trusoft

3 piece - TaylorMade Project(a)

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

> @Red4282 said:

> > @chisag said:

> > > @Red4282 said:

> > > Im currently infatuated with 2019 tp5x- i was sick of sucking back every full shot 90-140 yards nearly off the green. Tp5x drop and stop, maybe a foot or two of suck back. Still enough spin for partial shots, ive heard of people complaining about hitting more flyers than normal, but i havent seen such. And the feel is perfect for me. Not too firm, not too soft. Driver launches high but flat ?

> >

> > ... Pretty much how I feel although I have been in this camp since the Lethal came out and every generation has gotten better. TP5x is usually within a yard or two of my pitch mark. Hits, bounces forward then spins back about the same amount or a little more or less depending on the club. Hitting mythical fliers, always a WRX greatest hits LOL, has never happened of course. Best ball off a driver I have hit. That said I could play a Z Star or ProV1x and be perfectly happy if I ran out of TP5x's.

>

> Out of curiosity i checked today to see which ball tested closest to the tp5x (just in case i wanted to try something else for giggles) on a recent test done by another website. The 2 that were closet were mtb black, bridgestone b xs.

Interesting. I have the B X and the TP5x being very similar. Afraid to try the BXS as I don't want too much spin. For my game, when I hit the ball properly, I get enough spin. When I mishit it, I get too much side spin. Therefore, I prefer a lower spinning ball. Going to give the Z star a go tomorrow.

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @Red4282 said:

> > > @chisag said:

> > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > Im currently infatuated with 2019 tp5x- i was sick of sucking back every full shot 90-140 yards nearly off the green. Tp5x drop and stop, maybe a foot or two of suck back. Still enough spin for partial shots, ive heard of people complaining about hitting more flyers than normal, but i havent seen such. And the feel is perfect for me. Not too firm, not too soft. Driver launches high but flat ?

> > >

> > > ... Pretty much how I feel although I have been in this camp since the Lethal came out and every generation has gotten better. TP5x is usually within a yard or two of my pitch mark. Hits, bounces forward then spins back about the same amount or a little more or less depending on the club. Hitting mythical fliers, always a WRX greatest hits LOL, has never happened of course. Best ball off a driver I have hit. That said I could play a Z Star or ProV1x and be perfectly happy if I ran out of TP5x's.

> >

> > Out of curiosity i checked today to see which ball tested closest to the tp5x (just in case i wanted to try something else for giggles) on a recent test done by another website. The 2 that were closet were mtb black, bridgestone b xs.

>

> Interesting. I have the B X and the TP5x being very similar. Afraid to try the BXS as I don't want too much spin. For my game, when I hit the ball properly, I get enough spin. When I mishit it, I get too much side spin. Therefore, I prefer a lower spinning ball. Going to give the Z star a go tomorrow.

Interestingly enough, there seems to be very minimal difference between the bridgestone line of balls, the x and xs are really close in terms of numbers (wedge spin within 200 rpm) as the rx and rxs as well. So it wouldnt suprise me at all if you have had good results with the x