True Game Changer.....2019 Aldila Rogue 130 Line Up. Trackman Data and Analysis

Comments

• Buckets2Buckets2  2473Posted: Members Posts: 2,473

Still loving my Silver 130

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MakersMarsh3MakersMarsh3  1414Posted: Members Posts: 1,414

Finally got my black adjusted to a proper set up and hoping to get some reps this week

Interested to hear Toll's updated thoughts

Posted:
    lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4869Posted: Sponsors Posts: 4,869

@jgard320 said:

On the topic of the thread, Rogue White has made finding a shaft for my woods a non issue for me. This shaft has turned my driver into a point and shoot club. My only complaint I could possibly say is that it I can occasionally overdraw my fairway wood and end up in the rough off the tee. Off the deck, it’s mid/low, straight bullets that carry and run forever. My confidence in these clubs is higher than ever.

I agree completely. I've now been playing them for about 5 months in total and will post full thoughts tomorrow or Wednesday.

Posted:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4869Posted: Sponsors Posts: 4,869

A few new pics.

Posted:

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

For those of you playing the Silver in driver, what are you playing in 3W?

Posted:
  • hurley999shurley999s  232Posted: Members Posts: 232

@TollBros Sweet pics. All 3 look really good. Looking forward to your review/experience post.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Kale_mKale_m  2090Posted: Members Posts: 2,090

How does the rogue white compare to the pro orange?

Posted:
    Ping g410 LST 9* weight in toe, PW70tx 
    Ping g410 2hy at 16*
    Ping g410 3hy at 20.5 
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 34” navy with true path alignment

@Kale_m said:
    How does the rogue white compare to the pro orange?

It was based off of that profile so similar, but different. Read the review in Post 1 and it should give you a bit more info.

Posted:

@hurley999s said:
    @TollBros Sweet pics. All 3 look really good. Looking forward to your review/experience post.

Posting the update thread on this later this evening.

Posted:

• Dcoop86Dcoop86  167Posted: Members Posts: 167

Just got fit at TXG for a Rogue Silver... Toll is hopefully going to build one (maybe 2) up and I should have some fun numbers to post against Synergy Black and PO

Posted:
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.  1726Posted: ClubWRX Posts: 1,726

@Dcoop86 said:
    Just got fit at TXG for a Rogue Silver... Toll is hopefully going to build one (maybe 2) up and I should have some fun numbers to post against Synergy Black and PO

What head and specs were you fit into?

Posted:

Advertisement

Used my M4 tour issue head from Toll. It’s a 7.2* head. We bumped the head weight from 195g up to 209g, 45.25”, set one click open, MCC+4 with 1 extra wrap. We discussed tipping but I couldn’t test it out and talked about trying to find a head that’s a bit flatter (1-1.5* flatter). Numbers were great, felt awesome, and strike was far more centered. The M4 was chosen due to my miss being low and the M4 seems to do well with low strikes.

Posted:

Toll
    Will you have any comments on the black?

Posted:
  • KwheatKwheat  14Posted: Members Posts: 14

Bump.. Thoughts on the white vs mamba copper. A while ago @TollBros had the PO v2 / copper thread as a viable replacement. Sounds like the 130 white is based off PO too. Lol Aldila just has too many good shafts

Posted:
  • golfinguru11golfinguru11 Nor Cal 324Posted: Members Posts: 324

what's the difference between the white and silver?

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5* - Aldila 130msi Rogue Black 60 tx 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - Accra TZ6 75 x
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - VA Raijin 84 x
    Mizuno MP-54 (4,5) MP-20 (6-PW) - Nippon Modus 125 s
    Vokey SM7 RAW 52F 56S 60D - Nippon Modus 125 wedge
    Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball 

Lefty, Lead tape enthusiast

@golfinguru11 said:
    what's the difference between the white and silver?

With all due respect, the first post has a pretty extensive review posted.

Posted:

Advertisement

Also, holding back my end review because I am testing out something new at the moment and wanted to make sure my analysis was 100% accurate and did not change based on these new tests. It did not.

Posted:

Update coming soon?

Posted:
  • golfinguru11golfinguru11 Nor Cal 324Posted: Members Posts: 324

Been playing the black 130 60TX in an epic flash sub zero. Was fit into the black due to launch but now I’m having trouble fighting the hooks. I wonder if tipping 1/2” or 1” would do anything

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5* - Aldila 130msi Rogue Black 60 tx 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - Accra TZ6 75 x
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - VA Raijin 84 x
    Mizuno MP-54 (4,5) MP-20 (6-PW) - Nippon Modus 125 s
    Vokey SM7 RAW 52F 56S 60D - Nippon Modus 125 wedge
    Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball 

Lefty, Lead tape enthusiast

I’m playing the Silver 70tx from Toll which has been great... but obviously interested in the White and in 60tx. For whatever reason I get fit into heavy (relative) shafts due to my speed but I always end up self see ting lighter.... trying hard to stick with it but will most likely cave for the White.

Posted:
  • jbole267jbole267 Calgary 352Posted: Members Posts: 352

Can anyone give some tipping insights on the 130 silver 60TX? I swing 115-117 and have interest in one tipped an inch...

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted:
    Taylormade M5 - Hzrdus T1100 6.5
    Srixon Z745 Project x 6.0
    Titleist Vokey Sm7 50-54-58
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 64
    Taylormade Spider X
    Taylormade TP5X

Advertisement
  • mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player  1499Posted: Members Posts: 1,499

@jbole267 said:
    Can anyone give some tipping insights on the 130 silver 60TX? I swing 115-117 and have interest in one tipped an inch...

Why do you want it tipped an inch?
    Just my opinion. Send a PM to Toll. For $40 he runs through an fitting process with you. I just did it and will be purchasing a white from him. If you purchase from him he puts the $40 towards the shaft. It's well worth it. He may suggest a different shaft. He is Very knowledgeable.

Posted:

I just purchased a White 60tx tipped 2.25” from Toll (actually I bought a Silver as well). The White May be the best shaft I’ve ever had in a driver and that includes the Synergy 60 and 70tx from Toll as well as the Pro Orange 60tx. This thing is incredible. I’ve hit some of the longest balls I’ve ever hit on course and misses are staying on the course. It’s awesome. I may have to buy a backup at some point.

Posted:
  • FlashwurksFlashwurks Orlando, FL 51Posted: Members Posts: 51

@Dcoop86 said:
    I just purchased a White 60tx tipped 2.25” from Toll (actually I bought a Silver as well). The White May be the best shaft I’ve ever had in a driver and that includes the Synergy 60 and 70tx from Toll as well as the Pro Orange 60tx. This thing is incredible. I’ve hit some of the longest balls I’ve ever hit on course and misses are staying on the course. It’s awesome. I may have to buy a backup at some point.

Can I ask how you ended up tipping 2.25"? That sounds like a lot for a shaft that stiff, but I think knowing why would give me insight into what I should do. Thank you.

Posted:

@Flashwurks said:

@Dcoop86 said:

Can I ask how you ended up tipping 2.25"? That sounds like a lot for a shaft that stiff, but I think knowing why would give me insight into what I should do. Thank you.

My club speed typically hovers at 130mph on trackman and recently was fit at TXG with speeds averaging around 137mph (on their GCQuad) with a high of 144mph when they asked me to really go after one. The speed along with the head weight around 210g lead to the tipping decision. The Silver was tipped 1.75” if I remember correctly.

Posted:
  • FlashwurksFlashwurks Orlando, FL 51Posted: Members Posts: 51

@Dcoop86 said:

@Flashwurks said:

@Dcoop86 said:

My club speed typically hovers at 130mph on trackman and recently was fit at TXG with speeds averaging around 137mph (on their GCQuad) with a high of 144mph when they asked me to really go after one. The speed along with the head weight around 210g lead to the tipping decision. The Silver was tipped 1.75” if I remember correctly.

Ok, then thats perfectly understood. ****.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player  1499Posted: Members Posts: 1,499

Are we talking about top speed of cars here!!????
    Wowzerz.
    I will be ordering a white the 1st of the month. Already did the fitting with Toll. Can't wait to hit it.

Posted:

@Dcoop86 said:

I'm very happy to hear it. I am still rocking the Rogue White 130 proto as well. It's really everything I ever wanted in a driver shaft. I have a full bag update thread planned. Some interesting changes have been made, but not the driver or 3 wood shaft for sure.

Posted:

@jbole267 said:

I swing about that or a little slower and an inch is totally fine. 1 inch is my standard tipping and on this shaft it feels relatively soft to the others I've tried - which is a lot of shafts.

Posted:

Advertisement

@golfinguru11 said:
    Been playing the black 130 60TX in an epic flash sub zero. Was fit into the black due to launch but now I’m having trouble fighting the hooks. I wonder if tipping 1/2” or 1” would do anything

It's generally not going to really help a ton with that. Could be you don't agree with the balance of the club or the exact set up.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file