SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Been playing the MTB-X for a little over a month now and love it. Bought a test pack of yellow Black and X to just see what the Black is like. Love the color Dean amd company came up with...reminds me of the Nike Volt color. Looking forward to seeing how the Black performs on the course now.

9* Titleist TSi3 AD-DI 7X
14.5* Cobra Radspeed D+ 80x
4-48* Titleist T150 w/Project X LZ 6.0
51* Srixon Z785 

56*/60* Taylormade MG2 TW Grind w/ S400 
Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

> @TinCup19 said:

> they were probably a better bargain a few years ago. but it seems that even their prices are starting to creep up to the top golf ball brands.

We have been selling the golf balls for 5 years now.. we started with 31.99 per doz, and did not have tiered pricing. Today, one doz is $32.99, but 2 doz are $30.99, 3 and 4 doz are $29.99 and 5 doz are $27.99... so with this tiered pricing, and FREE 2 day shipping instead of 5-8 days shipping, I would say the prices are better and the shipping is better, and the performance is better...if someone is selling them close to the top brands pricing, you should visit our website at snellgolf.com and get them much more affordable.

• Like 3

I have been switching between the Z-Star XV and MTB balls for the past year or so. Both play very similar and I will usually play whichever I can get for the best price. Dick's had a recent promotion for 2018 Z-Stars for $20 and I picked up a few dozen. These will probably last me through the season but I will keep my eyes on the Snell for deals or stock up at the value pack price when I need.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.5* HZRDUS Smoke 70X
Titleist 917F2 15* Diamana D+ 80x
Mizuno MP18 SC 3-PW KBS C Taper S+
Muira Wedge Series 51* 55* 59* KBS C Taper S
Toulon Portland H3
Srixon Z-Star XV / Snell MTB-X

Played the MTB-X today for 9 holes. This ball really feels nice off every club in the bag. The downside for me is I was getting a lot of additional spin off the driver, fairway wood and hybrid. I normally play a 5-10 yard draw with my woods, but with the MTB-X I was getting 20-30 yard draws. With my driver, the ball would start of on my normal line and have the same movement I'm use to seeing for the first 200 yards or so, then it would just turn right (I'm a lefty).

I liked the additional spin around the greens (it was superb) and it putted beautifully. i just can't live with the driver spin. For a person who likes to work the ball off the tee, this is the one.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Tensei AV Raw White 65X

PXG Gen 6 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Played both the black and x in our industrial league and liked both. I still really can’t tell much a difference in performance other than the black feels slightly softer. They both spin well. I could play either and be happy.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

> @"Hot Rod 71" said:

> Played the MTB-X today for 9 holes. This ball really feels nice off every club in the bag. The downside for me is I was getting a lot of additional spin off the driver, fairway wood and hybrid. I normally play a 5-10 yard draw with my woods, but with the MTB-X I was getting 20-30 yard draws. With my driver, the ball would start of on my normal line and have the same movement I'm use to seeing for the first 200 yards or so, then it would just turn right (I'm a lefty).

>

> I liked the additional spin around the greens (it was superb) and it putted beautifully. i just can't live with the driver spin. For a person who likes to work the ball off the tee, this is the one.

Precisely the same reason why I game Black.

Played both again today and i still can’t really see a performance difference. Both feel and spin fine. The yellow are quite durable too.

> @Minarets said:

> Played both again today and i still can’t really see a performance difference. Both feel and spin fine. The yellow are quite durable too.

Been playing the X for about a month. Bought a test pack to try the black knowing I love the X. Been playing the black exclusively this week. Love the feel of the black on all shots but feel like the ball spins (floats) a little more on the drives (still darn solid). X is also better 100 and in from my experience. Both are fantastic balls. All depends on what you want out out of your ball.YMMV.

51* Srixon Z785 

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

> @"Go_Blue!" said:

> > @Minarets said:

> > Played both again today and i still can’t really see a performance difference. Both feel and spin fine. The yellow are quite durable too.

>

> Been playing the X for about a month. Bought a test pack to try the black knowing I love the X. Been saying the black exclusively this week. Love the feel of the ball on all shots. Feel the ball spins (floats) a little more on the drives (still darn solid). X is also better 100 and in from my experience. Both are fantastic balls. All depends on what you want out out of your ball.YMMV.

Yeah, i was hoping to see a difference tho so I could feel like I was getting more out of one or the other. It’s not really a bad thing as I love them and the color, I just see plenty of spin from the blacks (which i was worried wouldn’t spin enough) and i get plenty of distance from the blacks (which i was worried about) and they feel nice. The x feels more solid (than Soft) but I feel they spin close to the same on short stuff and fly nice and long as well.

Maybe I will start to see a difference the more i play them. But 2 rounds and practice putting/chipping/pitching and not seeing it yet.

That said, i love them. Just having a hard time picking one.

I gammed the Original MTB's forcouple years, bought a big order when they first released. Just recently re-upped on the blacks, but wishing I would have grabbed a couple dozen of the x's to try... I play alot of golf in thailand and vietnam, saw a store in Bangkok with a huge display of blacks last year, they were asking 2000 bhat, or $65 US a dozen, I just chuckled and laughed. This was also a store that also only sold PXG, I didn't dare ask what they wanted for those .. discount ball and super premium clubs, I found it funny..

> @jimb6golf said:

> Anyone notice the X balls seem to be less white than other balls? Almost yellowing? Ball performs GREAT but it's strange setting it on the green as it's less white than other balls.

off white like the older prov? when i first started golfing i bought some from the lost golf balls.com, always knew which ball was mine thought they looked great.

I’m a 6 HC...With a Yellow snell MTB-X, I shot even par on the front 9 at Pebble Beach on 7/31(Followed it with a 41 on the back). I hit every fairway but one on the front and and all on the back 9. They were still US open width but the rough was much less but still there. Greens were firm. I had issues holding the green (they too were still firm) with my approach on 16 and tee shot on 17. They hit by the pin and released to the rough. My Birdies were with shorter approach clubs but they were kick in. It’s a great ball.

Shot a 75 with the black today... it’s my gamer for the foreseeable future.

It did everything I wanted it to do.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

> @flushem said:

> I have confession...... that I have sinned playing Cally CS and TM TP5X. as a result, I had crappy 3 rounds.

I was distinctly unimpressed with the tp5x. Can’t put a finger on why.... chrome soft as well.

I’m fine with either prov as long as I’m not paying! Bridgestone x would be my gamer if snell didn’t exist.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

> @"Snell Golf" said:

> > @larciel said:

> > Received another 5dz set today.

> > Feels like I just put in gas to my empty gas tank.

> > Satisfied. Mmmmm

>

> Thanks for the order and continued support... appreciate all the feedback from this thread.

hope your summer is going well dean. my wife has started playing your get sum yellow, she loves the yellow color you offer and gets plenty of compliments when she shows off your balls to playing partners.

didn’t really think that last sentence through.

> @"Hot Rod 71" said:

> Played the MTB-X today for 9 holes. This ball really feels nice off every club in the bag. The downside for me is I was getting a lot of additional spin off the driver, fairway wood and hybrid. I normally play a 5-10 yard draw with my woods, but with the MTB-X I was getting 20-30 yard draws. With my driver, the ball would start of on my normal line and have the same movement I'm use to seeing for the first 200 yards or so, then it would just turn right (I'm a lefty).

>

> I liked the additional spin around the greens (it was superb) and it putted beautifully. i just can't live with the driver spin. For a person who likes to work the ball off the tee, this is the one.

I wanted to provide an update to my original post about the MTB-X. I've played it for a few rounds since and the excessive movement I experienced with the driver on my first 9 holes was gone. All I can say is I must've been putting bad swings on it the first time out.

I played 9 yesterday and played the MTB-X and Pro-V1 side by side, playing each ball out from tee to green. Performance was similar for me. On a couple of tee shots the MTB-X was 10 yards ahead of the Pro-V1, and a couple of tee shots the Pro-V1 was 10 yards ahead of the MTB-X. I'm no robot so I chalked it up to possible differences in strike and bounces in the fairway. On approach shots the MTB-X held its own, as well as around the greens. Once my stock of personalized Pro-V1s run out, I'll likely switch to the MTB-X.

• Like 1

PXG Bat Attack H

> @"Hot Rod 71" said:

> > @"Hot Rod 71" said:

> > Played the MTB-X today for 9 holes. This ball really feels nice off every club in the bag. The downside for me is I was getting a lot of additional spin off the driver, fairway wood and hybrid. I normally play a 5-10 yard draw with my woods, but with the MTB-X I was getting 20-30 yard draws. With my driver, the ball would start of on my normal line and have the same movement I'm use to seeing for the first 200 yards or so, then it would just turn right (I'm a lefty).

> >

> > I liked the additional spin around the greens (it was superb) and it putted beautifully. i just can't live with the driver spin. For a person who likes to work the ball off the tee, this is the one.

>

> I wanted to provide an update to my original post about the MTB-X. I've played it for a few rounds since and the excessive movement I experienced with the driver on my first 9 holes was gone. All I can say is I must've been putting bad swings on it the first time out.

>

> I played 9 yesterday and played the MTB-X and Pro-V1 side by side, playing each ball out from tee to green. Performance was similar for me. On a couple of tee shots the MTB-X was 10 yards ahead of the Pro-V1, and a couple of tee shots the Pro-V1 was 10 yards ahead of the MTB-X. I'm no robot so I chalked it up to possible differences in strike and bounces in the fairway. On approach shots the MTB-X held its own, as well as around the greens. Once my stock of personalized Pro-V1s run out, I'll likely switch to the MTB-X.

Ya even with many comparing the MTB-X to a V1X due to firmness, I feel like it compares better to a normal Pro V in actual on course characteristics. Low driver spin, great spin from 150 in. It's just firmer than a pro V. Really, reall good ball.

51* Srixon Z785 

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

> @"Go_Blue!" said:

> > @"Hot Rod 71" said:

> > > @"Hot Rod 71" said:

> > > Played the MTB-X today for 9 holes. This ball really feels nice off every club in the bag. The downside for me is I was getting a lot of additional spin off the driver, fairway wood and hybrid. I normally play a 5-10 yard draw with my woods, but with the MTB-X I was getting 20-30 yard draws. With my driver, the ball would start of on my normal line and have the same movement I'm use to seeing for the first 200 yards or so, then it would just turn right (I'm a lefty).

> > >

> > > I liked the additional spin around the greens (it was superb) and it putted beautifully. i just can't live with the driver spin. For a person who likes to work the ball off the tee, this is the one.

> >

> > I wanted to provide an update to my original post about the MTB-X. I've played it for a few rounds since and the excessive movement I experienced with the driver on my first 9 holes was gone. All I can say is I must've been putting bad swings on it the first time out.

> >

> > I played 9 yesterday and played the MTB-X and Pro-V1 side by side, playing each ball out from tee to green. Performance was similar for me. On a couple of tee shots the MTB-X was 10 yards ahead of the Pro-V1, and a couple of tee shots the Pro-V1 was 10 yards ahead of the MTB-X. I'm no robot so I chalked it up to possible differences in strike and bounces in the fairway. On approach shots the MTB-X held its own, as well as around the greens. Once my stock of personalized Pro-V1s run out, I'll likely switch to the MTB-X.

>

> Ya even with many comparing the MTB-X to a V1X due to firmness, **I feel like it compares better to a normal Pro V in actual on course characteristics**. Low driver spin, great spin from 150 in. **It's just firmer than a pro V**. Really, reall good ball.

>

I would have to agree. Perhaps some players have forgotten that Titleist altered Pro-V1 and Pro-V1X playing characteristics a few years back - they sort of switched them.

While I agree the MTB-X is firmer than the Pro-V1, I would say IMO its only slightly firmer.

PXG Bat Attack H