2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Roll call for Worlds at Pinehurst in 2 weeks

> @kekoa said:

> > @MikekiM said:

> > > @kekoa said:

> > > I sure hope everyone else brought their trackman.

> > >

> > And their staff bags.. sheesh

> >

> >

>

> Can you read what the staff bag reads? A bit over the top for a 10 yr old....

I'm guessing you've never had an interaction with them. It makes sense after you talk with them. You've seen their IG account?

> @MikekiM said:

> > @kekoa said:

> > > @MikekiM said:

> > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > I sure hope everyone else brought their trackman.

> > > >

> > > And their staff bags.. sheesh

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Can you read what the staff bag reads? A bit over the top for a 10 yr old....

>

> I'm guessing you've never had an interaction with them. It makes sense after you talk with them. You've seen their IG account?

Who is this?

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

> @leezer99 said:

> > @MikekiM said:

> > > @kekoa said:

> > > > @MikekiM said:

> > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > I sure hope everyone else brought their trackman.

> > > > >

> > > > And their staff bags.. sheesh

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Can you read what the staff bag reads? A bit over the top for a 10 yr old....

> >

> > I'm guessing you've never had an interaction with them. It makes sense after you talk with them. You've seen their IG account?

>

> Who is this?

Looks like Luke Parsons. He is one of the top players in the 10 year old age group.

> @Golfingdawg19 said:

> > @leezer99 said:

> > > @MikekiM said:

> > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > @MikekiM said:

> > > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > > I sure hope everyone else brought their trackman.

> > > > > >

> > > > > And their staff bags.. sheesh

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Can you read what the staff bag reads? A bit over the top for a 10 yr old....

> > >

> > > I'm guessing you've never had an interaction with them. It makes sense after you talk with them. You've seen their IG account?

> >

> > Who is this?

>

> Looks like Luke Parsons. He is one of the top players in the 10 year old age group.

Looks like an impressive resume for a 10 year old.

> @leezer99 said:

> > @Golfingdawg19 said:

> > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > @MikekiM said:

> > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > > @MikekiM said:

> > > > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > > > I sure hope everyone else brought their trackman.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > And their staff bags.. sheesh

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Can you read what the staff bag reads? A bit over the top for a 10 yr old....

> > > >

> > > > I'm guessing you've never had an interaction with them. It makes sense after you talk with them. You've seen their IG account?

> > >

> > > Who is this?

> >

> > Looks like Luke Parsons. He is one of the top players in the 10 year old age group.

>

> Looks like an impressive resume for a 10 year old.

Very good player but he has his family are tough to deal with at times according to what you hear.

A junior golfer having a staff bag may be my new top cringe worthy golf item. There is just no excuse or reason for that no matter how bad you want to justify it. If you want to do that for his room to store clubs and balls in as a memento I get that but actually using it on course is just something else entirely.

• Like 1

Saw them at a regional maybe 2 years ago now. They had it plastered on the back window of their SUV that he was the world champion. Then played a practice round in the group behind them. Busy course, they are playing 4 balls and backing everything up. They don’t come across as the types that actually have fun out there, was more of a job. That was the impression I got anyway.

> @Golfingdawg19 said:

> > @leezer99 said:

> > > @MikekiM said:

> > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > @MikekiM said:

> > > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > > I sure hope everyone else brought their trackman.

> > > > > >

> > > > > And their staff bags.. sheesh

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Can you read what the staff bag reads? A bit over the top for a 10 yr old....

> > >

> > > I'm guessing you've never had an interaction with them. It makes sense after you talk with them. You've seen their IG account?

> >

> > Who is this?

>

> Looks like *******. He is one of the top players in the 10 year old age group.

This is a public forum that anyone can search on google. May want to delete the name or at least star out most of it. Even though some of the stuff is over the top were still talking about a 10 year old.

> @BloctonGolf11 said:

> A junior golfer having a staff bag may be my new top cringe worthy golf item. There is just no excuse or reason for that no matter how bad you want to justify it. If you want to do that for his room to store clubs and balls in as a memento I get that but actually using it on course is just something else entirely.

I have to agree no reason at all for a junior to have a real staff bag. I think putting your name on a regular bag is ok everyone does that. When I see that I wonder why would you want to lug around a big staff bag all day especially if you are an amateur. Usually when you see parents do stuff like that it's sure sign that there going to either burn the kid out or have a really hard time when the kids older and can't win every event.

> @tiger1873 said:

> > @Golfingdawg19 said:

> > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > @MikekiM said:

> > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > > @MikekiM said:

> > > > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > > > I sure hope everyone else brought their trackman.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > And their staff bags.. sheesh

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Can you read what the staff bag reads? A bit over the top for a 10 yr old....

> > > >

> > > > I'm guessing you've never had an interaction with them. It makes sense after you talk with them. You've seen their IG account?

> > >

> > > Who is this?

> >

> > Looks like *******. He is one of the top players in the 10 year old age group.

>

> This is a public forum that anyone can search on google. May want to delete the name or at least star out most of it. Even though some of the stuff is over the top were still talking about a 10 year old.

>

The parents want people talking about him otherwise he would have a private IG page and his dad wouldn't have 15,000 posts on his IG profile of the kid.

> @leezer99 said:

> > @tiger1873 said:

> > > @Golfingdawg19 said:

> > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > > @MikekiM said:

> > > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > > > @MikekiM said:

> > > > > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > > > > I sure hope everyone else brought their trackman.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And their staff bags.. sheesh

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Can you read what the staff bag reads? A bit over the top for a 10 yr old....

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm guessing you've never had an interaction with them. It makes sense after you talk with them. You've seen their IG account?

> > > >

> > > > Who is this?

> > >

> > > Looks like *******. He is one of the top players in the 10 year old age group.

> >

> > This is a public forum that anyone can search on google. May want to delete the name or at least star out most of it. Even though some of the stuff is over the top were still talking about a 10 year old.

> >

>

> The parents want people talking about him otherwise he would have a private IG page and his dad wouldn't have 15,000 posts on his IG profile of the kid.

I agree they want publicity but at the same time they control those posts about the kid and putting names in posts just feed this type of behavior. I also don't think it's good for kid to search his name and read it on a public forum especially if it critical.

These guys are a good example of why some people just avoid doing a lot tournaments when kids are younger. Give it a few years and see if he still plays or even can compete when he is 15.

How else would you print '2 time world champion' if you don't have a staff bag? C'mon guys....

A few years ago, I saw the dad make the kid sit out in the blistering heat while he was inside having lunch. He did this because the kid played a bad round. I heard this after an argument ensued whereby a mom of another child called the dad out for this.

> @kekoa said:

> How else would you print '2 time world champion' if you don't have a staff bag? C'mon guys....

> A few years ago, I saw the dad make the kid sit out in the blistering heat while he was inside having lunch. He did this because the kid played a bad round. I heard this after an argument ensued whereby a mom of another child called the dad out for this.

Looking at the IG account you have see it to believe it. I know I seen things over the top but what I seen on there is truly nuts. Heck they even got the town to put a sign up for them proclaiming victory of 1 kiddie golf tournament. I guess if your a small town doctor then you can do anything you want.

Can't see how this will turn out good no such things as perfect especially when it comes to golf.

> @kekoa said:

> How else would you print '2 time world champion' if you don't have a staff bag? C'mon guys....

> A few years ago, I saw the dad make the kid sit out in the blistering heat while he was inside having lunch. He did this because the kid played a bad round. I heard this after an argument ensued whereby a mom of another child called the dad out for this.

Anyone remember Todd Marinovich? Marv was the same way with him. He had him teething on frozen liver to increase his protein, he was doing push ups all the time, and much more. Todd had lots of wins, lots of recognition, lots of records broken, etc. but there's one quote that sticks with me while talking about going to USC, "I wish I could go somewhere else and be someone else. I don't want to be Todd Marinovich."

> I agree they want publicity but at the same time they control those posts about the kid and putting names in posts just feed this type of behavior. I also don't think it's good for kid to search his name and read it on a public forum especially if it critical.

>

> These guys are a good example of why some people just avoid doing a lot tournaments when kids are younger. Give it a few years and see if he still plays or even can compete when he is 15.

Agree! Kids in every sport can peak or burn out. You have to be careful to ensure its what they want.

Kid the other day on the range. The Dad was trying to correct something every other swing. He was 6. I wanted to say so bad please let the little guy enjoy it. Just enjoy your time on the range because one day he will be a teen. Then he will only speak 1or 2 words. "Sure" "Ok" That's fine"

> @leezer99 said:

> > @kekoa said:

> > How else would you print '2 time world champion' if you don't have a staff bag? C'mon guys....

> > A few years ago, I saw the dad make the kid sit out in the blistering heat while he was inside having lunch. He did this because the kid played a bad round. I heard this after an argument ensued whereby a mom of another child called the dad out for this.

>

> Anyone remember Todd Marinovich? Marv was the same way with him. He had him teething on frozen liver to increase his protein, he was doing push ups all the time, and much more. Todd had lots of wins, lots of recognition, lots of records broken, etc. but there's one quote that sticks with me while talking about going to USC, "I wish I could go somewhere else and be someone else. I don't want to be Todd Marinovich."

I remember Todd. Dad was a whack job. He was the can't miss kid whose dad helped him miss.

When you have reached the top there is only one way to go. While an achievement like his is really cool, the parents are setting the kid up for failure.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

> @kekoa said:

> > @leezer99 said:

> > > @kekoa said:

> > > For those that have finished up, how are the kids doing after the 1st round. I saw one kid in the 7's shot a 29. Wow!!!!

> >

> > Dunham shot a 1 over with a triple and a quintuple... had 8 birdies on the day.

>

> Minus those two snaffus he's right on target for his normal score of -8.

I can't imagine what led to that 9 on a par 4. Other than an 11, that 9 was the highest score on that hole. Must have been a lost ball and a penalty situation.

> @mrshinsa said:

> > @propredicr said:

> > 257 yd par 4? ?

>

> All up hill. Plays more like 340ish with trouble on all sides. Pot bunker in front with tucked pin. Go short, you're in trouble. Go long, you're looking at 3 putt on slick Bermuda greens. Not really suited for long hitters.

My son played his worst round of golf in years at Talamore today. It had nothing to do with Talamore. And #9 is an easy hole—it doesn’t play 340. My son is short and hit 3W-PW into it. You hit a 175 yard tee shot and a wedge in. Sure, it’s a tough green, but even a 3-putt is a bogey. I’d love to know how he made that score.

We landed it right next to the hole and it rolled back down the slope to 30’. But we made one of our 5 pars ?