2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Thorbjorn Olsen Arrested on Flight

apex17

> @tiderider said:

> > @MattyO1984 said:

> > One quote I have seen is "He started abusing some of the passengers and crew and then made a pass at one of the female passengers before taking a leak in the aisle. It was shocking behaviour. You would expect it maybe on a budget airline but not in the first class cabin on BA"

>

> yeah, i don't know what kind of people that person hangs around, but my fellow budget travellers don't like urine in the aisles themselves ...

You've clearly fortunate enough to have never been stuck on a Ryanair flight to Portugal with a stag do!! I've never seen as much vomit as I did then.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Absolutely disgusting if its all true and should be prosecuted. Zero tolerance for assaulting another passenger - possible jail time.

• Like 1

Taylor Made SIM max 10.5 - Aldila Rogue 110 60 s

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15 - Even Flow Blue 6.0

Srixon zu85 3i / Titleist TS2 5w

Titleist TMb 4i

Mizuno Mp59 5-pw - KBS C-taper lite S

Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron Newport

> @jubilee_links said:

> Absolutely disgusting if its all true and should be prosecuted. Zero tolerance for assaulting another passenger - possible jail time.

Can we all stop throwing the word "assault" around for every unwanted interaction between two human beings? If he touched her, say on the shoulders, and made a rude comment does that seriously warrant using the term assault? Now, if he groped her sexually in an area that is not normal to touch someone, then by all means its assault. Lets just wait for all the facts to come out before throwing these terms around is all I'm saying. It seems that's how the media works these days, use the big words for a click bait title and then the facts come out and its totally exaggerated.

I'll wait for more info to come out before condemning Olsen for other than being buckled on a transatlantic flight.

• Like 2

Not the thing I was expecting to see this morning. Ugh! This guy is toast.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

> @Ole3wiggle said:

> > @jubilee_links said:

> > Absolutely disgusting if its all true and should be prosecuted. Zero tolerance for assaulting another passenger - possible jail time.

>

> Can we all stop throwing the word "assault" around for every unwanted interaction between two human beings? If he touched her, say on the shoulders, and made a rude comment does that seriously warrant using the term assault? Now, if he groped her sexually in an area that is not normal to touch someone, then by all means its assault. Lets just wait for all the facts to come out before throwing these terms around is all I'm saying. It seems that's how the media works these days, use the big words for a click bait title and then the facts come out and its totally exaggerated.

>

> I'll wait for more info to come out before condemning Olsen for other than being buckled on a transatlantic flight.

"normal to touch someone"? ...

where is it normal to touch a female stranger without any consent, esp during a drunken escapade that involves urinating in the aisle of a plane, probably right next to her? ...

• Like 2

> @tiderider said:

> > @Ole3wiggle said:

> > > @jubilee_links said:

> > > Absolutely disgusting if its all true and should be prosecuted. Zero tolerance for assaulting another passenger - possible jail time.

> >

> > Can we all stop throwing the word "assault" around for every unwanted interaction between two human beings? If he touched her, say on the shoulders, and made a rude comment does that seriously warrant using the term assault? Now, if he groped her sexually in an area that is not normal to touch someone, then by all means its assault. Lets just wait for all the facts to come out before throwing these terms around is all I'm saying. It seems that's how the media works these days, use the big words for a click bait title and then the facts come out and its totally exaggerated.

> >

> > I'll wait for more info to come out before condemning Olsen for other than being buckled on a transatlantic flight.

>

> "normal to touch someone"? ...

>

> where is it normal to touch a female stranger without any consent, esp during a drunken escapade that involves urinating in the aisle of a plane, probably right next to her? ...

come on bro, totally normal and acceptable to touch complete strangers on an airplane, as long as its not in the abnormal touching areas of course.

> @Hankshank said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > Not good at all. Surprised that being drunk on an airplane is illegal but the other charges, if true, deserve punishment.

> When you commit a crime on on aeroplane, with what country’s law are you charged? For sure, if your hands did unlegal things towards a woman on a domestic scandinavian flight you would get charged.

> Guy’s an absolute hunk, obviously not gay and still the only single man on the RC team. Sounds like he has things to sort out.

>

>

The law applies to whichever country the aircraft is registered in, therefor the UK law applies.

• Like 1

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

> @Krt22 said:

> > @tiderider said:

> > > @Ole3wiggle said:

> > > > @jubilee_links said:

> > > > Absolutely disgusting if its all true and should be prosecuted. Zero tolerance for assaulting another passenger - possible jail time.

> > >

> > > Can we all stop throwing the word "assault" around for every unwanted interaction between two human beings? If he touched her, say on the shoulders, and made a rude comment does that seriously warrant using the term assault? Now, if he groped her sexually in an area that is not normal to touch someone, then by all means its assault. Lets just wait for all the facts to come out before throwing these terms around is all I'm saying. It seems that's how the media works these days, use the big words for a click bait title and then the facts come out and its totally exaggerated.

> > >

> > > I'll wait for more info to come out before condemning Olsen for other than being buckled on a transatlantic flight.

> >

> > "normal to touch someone"? ...

> >

> > where is it normal to touch a female stranger without any consent, esp during a drunken escapade that involves urinating in the aisle of a plane, probably right next to her? ...

>

> come on bro, totally normal and acceptable to touch complete strangers on an airplane, as long as its not in the abnormal touching areas of course.

Journalists like to do much with tiny input, but if Thor touched the shoulder of the woman(women?) it would probably not be labeled as sexual assault even in a scandal-hungry newspaper. But you never know.

I wonder if anyone had recording running on their phones. Guess 1st class passengers dont do that.

> @Hankshank said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @tiderider said:

> > > > @Ole3wiggle said:

> > > > > @jubilee_links said:

> > > > > Absolutely disgusting if its all true and should be prosecuted. Zero tolerance for assaulting another passenger - possible jail time.

> > > >

> > > > Can we all stop throwing the word "assault" around for every unwanted interaction between two human beings? If he touched her, say on the shoulders, and made a rude comment does that seriously warrant using the term assault? Now, if he groped her sexually in an area that is not normal to touch someone, then by all means its assault. Lets just wait for all the facts to come out before throwing these terms around is all I'm saying. It seems that's how the media works these days, use the big words for a click bait title and then the facts come out and its totally exaggerated.

> > > >

> > > > I'll wait for more info to come out before condemning Olsen for other than being buckled on a transatlantic flight.

> > >

> > > "normal to touch someone"? ...

> > >

> > > where is it normal to touch a female stranger without any consent, esp during a drunken escapade that involves urinating in the aisle of a plane, probably right next to her? ...

> >

> > come on bro, totally normal and acceptable to touch complete strangers on an airplane, as long as its not in the abnormal touching areas of course.

> Journalists like to do much with tiny input, but if Thor touched the shoulder of the woman(women?) it would probably not be labeled as sexual assault even in a scandal-hungry newspaper. But you never know.

> I wonder if anyone had recording running on their phones. Guess 1st class passengers dont do that.

Fully agreed, very click-bait title, but without any legitimate facts, I will not pass judgement either way. The alleged sexual assault and the making the pass at other passenger could very easily both occurred given his apparent level of intoxication/impairment.

The European Tour are indicating that they won't make a comment as it is an active police matter. Can't imagine that this will work itself out relatively quickly.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

"Olesen was also said to have been involved in an argument with other passengers after becoming verbally abusive, which required friend and fellow golfer Ian Poulter to intervene to calm the situation.

Poulter then went to sleep, according to his agent Paul Dunkley, when it is then alleged that Olesen continued to be a disruption on the flight and got himself involved in the further incidents."

Pooulter went to sleep? Gotta wonder if he just took himself out of the situation to not be involved. Not judging him if he did, sounds brutal.

> @Ole3wiggle said:

ll stop throwing the word "assault" around for every unwanted interaction between two human beings? If he touched her, say on the shoulders, and made a rude comment does that seriously warrant using the term assault? Now, if he groped her sexually in an area that is not normal to touch someone, then by all means its assault. Lets just wait for all the facts to come out before throwing these terms around is all I'm saying. It seems that's how the media works these days, use the big words for a click bait title and then the facts come out and its totally exaggerated.

>

> I'll wait for more info to come out before condemning Olsen for other than being buckled on a transatlantic flight.

LOL.....what? You seem to be an outrage looking for a place to happen.

This is a guy so drunk he pissed in the aisle of an airplane, nothing in the story leads anyone to think there is any exaggeration in his conduct.

> @bscinstnct said:

> "Olesen was also said to have been involved in an argument with other passengers after becoming verbally abusive, which required friend and fellow golfer Ian Poulter to intervene to calm the situation.

>

> Poulter then went to sleep, according to his agent Paul Dunkley, when it is then alleged that Olesen continued to be a disruption on the flight and got himself involved in the further incidents."

>

> Pooulter went to sleep? Gotta wonder if he just took himself out of the situation to not be involved. Not judging him if he did, sounds brutal.

>

Ha, can't blame him! Noise cancelling earphones on and eyes shut...you can't be a witness if you haven't seen or heard anything.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

> @Krt22 said:

> > @tiderider said:

> > > @Ole3wiggle said:

> > > > Absolutely disgusting if its all true and should be prosecuted. Zero tolerance for assaulting another passenger - possible jail time.

> > >

> > > Can we all stop throwing the word "assault" around for every unwanted interaction between two human beings? If he touched her, say on the shoulders, and made a rude comment does that seriously warrant using the term assault? Now, if he groped her sexually in an area that is not normal to touch someone, then by all means its assault. Lets just wait for all the facts to come out before throwing these terms around is all I'm saying. It seems that's how the media works these days, use the big words for a click bait title and then the facts come out and its totally exaggerated.

> > >

> > > I'll wait for more info to come out before condemning Olsen for other than being buckled on a transatlantic flight.

> >

> >

> > where is it normal to touch a female stranger without any consent, esp during a drunken escapade that involves urinating in the aisle of a plane, probably right next to her? ...

>

> come on bro, totally normal and acceptable to touch complete strangers on an airplane, as long as its not in the abnormal touching areas of course.

> > @tiderider said:

> > > @Ole3wiggle said:

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

"touch" is not the same as incidental contact with an arm or shoulder when buckling up ... just my take on it ... women are fed up with being "touched", and rightfully so ... that said, as a previous poster stated, could be a sleep drug and a few drinks ... seems more than a bit out of character for the guy ...

• Like 1

> @ray9898 said:

> > @Ole3wiggle said:

> ll stop throwing the word "assault" around for every unwanted interaction between two human beings? If he touched her, say on the shoulders, and made a rude comment does that seriously warrant using the term assault? Now, if he groped her sexually in an area that is not normal to touch someone, then by all means its assault. Lets just wait for all the facts to come out before throwing these terms around is all I'm saying. It seems that's how the media works these days, use the big words for a click bait title and then the facts come out and its totally exaggerated.

> >

> > I'll wait for more info to come out before condemning Olsen for other than being buckled on a transatlantic flight.

>

> LOL.....what? You seem to be an outrage looking for a place to happen.

>

> This is a guy so drunk he pissed in the aisle of an airplane, nothing in the story leads anyone to think there is any exaggeration in his conduct.

**Allegedly** "pissed in the aisle of an airplane"

> @Hankshank said:

> Poults had to calm him down, not good, Thor is too old for that. Somethings wrong.

>

> But it will blow over. No one remember DJ’s useage or the tiger mugshot for instance. Guess some of the oldtimers got careless witn alcohol as well but I have heard of nada.

I don't think sexual assault of a female passenger is going to "blow over" unless the charges get dropped or majorly reduced. That would be a very serious crime with jail time, not DJ doing coke at his house or Tiger driving impaired.

The other stuff alone is disturbing enough on a different level but from a criminal standpoint, it's nothing compared to the alleged assault.

> @tiderider said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @tiderider said:

> > > > > Absolutely disgusting if its all true and should be prosecuted. Zero tolerance for assaulting another passenger - possible jail time.

> > > >

> > > > Can we all stop throwing the word "assault" around for every unwanted interaction between two human beings? If he touched her, say on the shoulders, and made a rude comment does that seriously warrant using the term assault? Now, if he groped her sexually in an area that is not normal to touch someone, then by all means its assault. Lets just wait for all the facts to come out before throwing these terms around is all I'm saying. It seems that's how the media works these days, use the big words for a click bait title and then the facts come out and its totally exaggerated.

> > > >

> > > > I'll wait for more info to come out before condemning Olsen for other than being buckled on a transatlantic flight.

> > >

> > >

> > > where is it normal to touch a female stranger without any consent, esp during a drunken escapade that involves urinating in the aisle of a plane, probably right next to her? ...

> >

> > come on bro, totally normal and acceptable to touch complete strangers on an airplane, as long as its not in the abnormal touching areas of course.

>

>

> > > @tiderider said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> "touch" is not the same as incidental contact with an arm or shoulder when buckling up ... just my take on it ... women are fed up with being "touched", and rightfully so ... that said, as a previous poster stated, could be a sleep drug and a few drinks ... seems more than a bit out of character for the guy ...

Being impaired does not in any way excuse such conduct, touching (incidental or not), urinating, or the like just aren't acceptable in a public setting.

> @OldTomMorris said:

> The way the media frame things by using specific phrases it can often seem a lot worse than it is. Let's hope for everyone its not as bad as reported.

Well he was arrested coming off a flight. The media doesn't have to "frame" things a certain way for that to be pretty bad. I've flown A LOT and never seen a person arrested coming off a flight for their behavior. On top of that a pro golfer who obviously used to travelling around the world. It sounds like this dude has issues unless, giving him the benefit of the doubt, he took medication or something that interacted with alcohol or something along those lines.

> @chigolfer1 said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > The way the media frame things by using specific phrases it can often seem a lot worse than it is. Let's hope for everyone its not as bad as reported.

>

> Well he was arrested coming off a flight. The media doesn't have to "frame" things a certain way for that to be pretty bad. I've flown A LOT and never seen a person arrested coming off a flight for their behavior. On top of that a pro golfer who obviously used to travelling around the world. It sounds like this dude has issues unless, giving him the benefit of the doubt, he took medication or something that interacted with alcohol or something along those lines.

Well he's currently released and uncharged. I'm talking about the the loaded phrases and it's beyond naive to suggest that doesn't occur in media stories particularly when the accused is high profile. The articles still makes use of unnamed sources/eye witness. I prefer to wait and see, I'm not going to accept it as fact just because its in print.

• Like 2
[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @kekoa said:

> I thought Poults would have his own jet...

With all those Ferrari's maybe he can't afford private anymore? Also, kind of a shit bag move to not try and help keep your boy on a better leash if he's starting to go off the rails. Unless, he wants one of his UK homies to take his spot on the Ryder team?

What a bummer, I really like Thunderbear. He hasn't lived up yet to his as good as Rory touting as a kid but he's still hell of a golfer.