G410 Irons

LaymanM

> @"Marco Colo" said:

> Now I will go with a blasphemy here in WRX forum and probably will be banned forever and ever.

> I don't trust fitting, at my handicap level at least. One day I'm on and hit mostly good, another one I'm off and hit not that good.

> Swingweight, shaft and so on are hardware and I am convinced that we can adapt to everything. SW, shaft, etc. are only excuses where people hides behind a bad moment/bad swing or too lazy/impatient to spend time and adapt to the new hardware.

> Things change if you have a very repeatable swing, but in the sense that you will maximise the hardware in order to perform near the maximum with your software (swing abilities and swing speed)

>

> > @lawsonman said:

> > > @JerryTBall said:

> > > I’m glad a year ago I finally found my current fitter/club provider. Yes cost if you have a fitting, but that’s waved you buy clubs, and you pay for the clubs once they arrive, and the next day you have a build and ship date .

> >

> > I agree. Our local golf store finally bit the bullet and got a launch monitor that worked for us lefties. Nothing beats a good fitter and numbers you can see.

>

I'm somewhere in between. There's no reason to need to adapt to something that isn't a good match for you and a qualified person should be able to steer you in the right direction.

On the other hand, below a certain level of swing consistency, I can see the problem with getting all obsessed with one day's results. Personally, I also have trouble making 100+ swings hitting into a screen or on the range. One, I get tired at some point. Two, I think it is easy to make some compensations to make things work when hitting to the same spot.

Ideally, I like to play a couple of rounds with something before buying. But you can't always do this and rarely can you try all the combos available. But by now I also have a sense of what is a decent match for my swing and can exclude some stuff right away.

I've also never checked any launch monitor numbers with irons. Maybe it's wrong but I've just gone with the eye test and whether the ballflight works in various winds.

> @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

> I've had these for about 3 months now and while they are forgiving and all. The sound is really starting to turn me off. A very loud clack even on solidly struck shots.

> I'm not sure how much longer I can deal with that. Probably not past when the T200 and T300 are released.

I need to finally get down to your place to play. Hopefully I get there before you sell these B)

Congrats again on the ace! I am very jealous. Still pitching a shutout for 45 years.

> @agolf1 said:

> > @"Marco Colo" said:

> > Now I will go with a blasphemy here in WRX forum and probably will be banned forever and ever.

> > I don't trust fitting, at my handicap level at least. One day I'm on and hit mostly good, another one I'm off and hit not that good.

> > Swingweight, shaft and so on are hardware and I am convinced that we can adapt to everything. SW, shaft, etc. are only excuses where people hides behind a bad moment/bad swing or too lazy/impatient to spend time and adapt to the new hardware.

> > Things change if you have a very repeatable swing, but in the sense that you will maximise the hardware in order to perform near the maximum with your software (swing abilities and swing speed)

> >

> > > @lawsonman said:

> > > > @JerryTBall said:

> > > > I’m glad a year ago I finally found my current fitter/club provider. Yes cost if you have a fitting, but that’s waved you buy clubs, and you pay for the clubs once they arrive, and the next day you have a build and ship date .

> > >

> > > I agree. Our local golf store finally bit the bullet and got a launch monitor that worked for us lefties. Nothing beats a good fitter and numbers you can see.

> >

> I'm somewhere in between. There's no reason to need to adapt to something that isn't a good match for you and a qualified person should be able to steer you in the right direction.

>

> On the other hand, below a certain level of swing consistency, I can see the problem with getting all obsessed with one day's results. Personally, I also have trouble making 100+ swings hitting into a screen or on the range. One, I get tired at some point. Two, I think it is easy to make some compensations to make things work when hitting to the same spot.

>

> Ideally, I like to play a couple of rounds with something before buying. But you can't always do this and rarely can you try all the combos available. But by now I also have a sense of what is a decent match for my swing and can exclude some stuff right away.

>

> I've also never checked any launch monitor numbers with irons. Maybe it's wrong but I've just gone with the eye test and whether the ballflight works in various winds.

I agree with most of what you said but if I hadn't tried all those different shafts I would have never come up with this setup. I suffer from high spin for an old guy and seeing the numbers changed my mind totally on what shafts I needed

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @gregh729 said:

> > @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

> >

> > I joined the all PING club last month. Got fit at HQcame out with a setup so much diffenent than I had been playing. But early results are positive. Of all the clubs the 9 wood may be my favorite. So much confidence from 165 to 185 between it and the 7w

> >

> > G410+ 10.5 Tensi Orange 63g

> > G410 3 SFT 16* Alta CB R

> > G410 7 &9 FW Alta CB R

> > G410 5 & 6 Hybrid Alta CB R

> > G410 7-P KBS Tour 105

> > Glide 2.0 Stealth 50,54 and 58

> > Tyne 4 35" (not pictured)

> >

> > zrh38o5otye6.jpeg

> >

> > kyliy5c9kpfq.jpeg

> > tbn7lk5novtn.jpeg

> >

> >

>

> Wow! Those look awesome. I might be in the market this off season. Been 3 years with my current set which is an eternity for me

> @gregh729 said:

> > > @bamagolf said:

> > > > @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

> > > >

> > > > I joined the all PING club last month. Got fit at HQcame out with a setup so much diffenent than I had been playing. But early results are positive. Of all the clubs the 9 wood may be my favorite. So much confidence from 165 to 185 between it and the 7w

> > > >

> > > > G410+ 10.5 Tensi Orange 63g

> > > > G410 3 SFT 16* Alta CB R

> > > > G410 7 &9 FW Alta CB R

> > > > G410 5 & 6 Hybrid Alta CB R

> > > > G410 7-P KBS Tour 105

> > > > Glide 2.0 Stealth 50,54 and 58

> > > > Tyne 4 35" (not pictured)

> > > >

> > > > zrh38o5otye6.jpeg

> > > >

> > > > kyliy5c9kpfq.jpeg

> > > > tbn7lk5novtn.jpeg

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > How much you want for em?

> > LOL...They wont' be for sale anytime soon. I just had my first Hole-in-One ever with them last week and a career personal best round of 82 as well.

> >

> > But anybody who knows my history of buying and selling would bookmark me for notifications...ha

> >

>

> I need to finally get over to your place to play with you before you get rid of these beauties.

>

> Congrats again on the ace. I am still pitching a shutout (45 years!)

Yes you do!! The FW and hybrids are firmly entrenched. The irons are almost your specs. Come over and play. I might let you walk away with them for a steal!!

Plus it's been way too long since we've played.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

> @agolf1 said:

> > @"Marco Colo" said:

> > Now I will go with a blasphemy here in WRX forum and probably will be banned forever and ever.

> > I don't trust fitting, at my handicap level at least. One day I'm on and hit mostly good, another one I'm off and hit not that good.

> > Swingweight, shaft and so on are hardware and I am convinced that we can adapt to everything. SW, shaft, etc. are only excuses where people hides behind a bad moment/bad swing or too lazy/impatient to spend time and adapt to the new hardware.

> > Things change if you have a very repeatable swing, but in the sense that you will maximise the hardware in order to perform near the maximum with your software (swing abilities and swing speed)

> >

> > > @lawsonman said:

> > > > I’m glad a year ago I finally found my current fitter/club provider. Yes cost if you have a fitting, but that’s waved you buy clubs, and you pay for the clubs once they arrive, and the next day you have a build and ship date .

> > >

> > > I agree. Our local golf store finally bit the bullet and got a launch monitor that worked for us lefties. Nothing beats a good fitter and numbers you can see.

> >

> I'm somewhere in between. There's no reason to need to adapt to something that isn't a good match for you and a qualified person should be able to steer you in the right direction.

>

> On the other hand, below a certain level of swing consistency, I can see the problem with getting all obsessed with one day's results. Personally, I also have trouble making 100+ swings hitting into a screen or on the range. One, I get tired at some point. Two, I think it is easy to make some compensations to make things work when hitting to the same spot.

>

> Ideally, I like to play a couple of rounds with something before buying. But you can't always do this and rarely can you try all the combos available. But by now I also have a sense of what is a decent match for my swing and can exclude some stuff right away.

>

> I've also never checked any launch monitor numbers with irons. Maybe it's wrong but I've just gone with the eye test and whether the ballflight works in various winds.

Absolutely. If it doesn't fit your level it doesn't. I have recently bought a set of S55 and I enjoy hitting them at the driving range for 10/15 minutes during my practice days. Once I have also played for fun (95 where my best is 89), but I know they are not for me. I need something more forgiving with a lighter shaft. In fact my gamers are G410.

Said that, I don't believe in one shot fitting session in order to get what would perfectly fit me, and also if it would be the case, it would fit the swing I put out that day, with the level of knowledge of my swing of that day.

I would see it useful for someone that plays since a lot of years and really doesn't work on improving his swing skills.

> @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

> > @gregh729 said:

> > > @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

> Yes you do!! The FW and hybrids are firmly entrenched. The irons are almost your specs. Come over and play. I might let you walk away with them for a steal!!

>

> Plus it's been way too long since we've played.

>

Not next week, but maybe the week of the 12th or 19th. I'll let you know. I've been thinking of doing an all day and playing both courses.

• Like 1

> @gregh729 said:

> > > @gregh729 said:

>

> > Yes you do!! The FW and hybrids are firmly entrenched. The irons are almost your specs. Come over and play. I might let you walk away with them for a steal!!

> >

> > Plus it's been way too long since we've played.

> >

> Not next week, but maybe the week of the 12th or 19th. I'll let you know. I've been thinking of doing an all day and playing both courses.

>

>

>

>

> @gregh729 said:

> > > @gregh729 said:

>

> > Yes you do!! The FW and hybrids are firmly entrenched. The irons are almost your specs. Come over and play. I might let you walk away with them for a steal!!

> >

> > Plus it's been way too long since we've played.

> >

> Not next week, but maybe the week of the 12th or 19th. I'll let you know. I've been thinking of doing an all day and playing both courses.

>

>

>

>

Either week should be good with me. Let me know

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

> @agolf1 said:

> > @"Marco Colo" said:

> >

> > > @lawsonman said:

> > >

> >

>

>

>

Yes you can get wore down in a fitting where they have you hit balls one after another, because I know what works for me I fitted for the mizuno 919’s tour to backup my 410’s. Mizuno uses the Optimizer, 3 swings that’s it, and I can tell you it nailed the shaft, length, lie, club combo. I have some issues with getting the ball up. The current shafts in my 410’s are the same as mizuno picked except it suggested not to hard step as I did in my 410’s. It’s not a ploy or gimmick, if you can maintain your endurance for 18 then an X flex is fine. I’ve always been told you need a stiff 60 to 70 driver shaft, to me I can not get that shaft to elevate a ball no mater flex point, kick point, whatever. I use a 55 stiff works fine but other day hit same shaft in regular flex, carry distance went up 20 yards.

I believe a shaft can be heavy or too light, but would err on the side of light just so I would not be tired at end of round. We have a strong college player, I had new cobra driver, had a kuro kage regular flex, some reason the stiff in that to much for me. So I let him hit, he says I only use XX flex, he hit the longest nice draw I’ve seen on range, he could not believe he hit a regular shaft, so whatever works for you!

> @gregh729 said:

> >

> > I joined the all PING club last month. Got fit at HQcame out with a setup so much diffenent than I had been playing. But early results are positive. Of all the clubs the 9 wood may be my favorite. So much confidence from 165 to 185 between it and the 7w

> >

> > G410+ 10.5 Tensi Orange 63g

> > G410 3 SFT 16* Alta CB R

> > G410 7 &9 FW Alta CB R

> > G410 5 & 6 Hybrid Alta CB R

> > G410 7-P KBS Tour 105

> > Glide 2.0 Stealth 50,54 and 58

> > Tyne 4 35" (not pictured)

> >

> > zrh38o5otye6.jpeg

> >

> > kyliy5c9kpfq.jpeg

> > tbn7lk5novtn.jpeg

> >

> >

>

> Wow! Those look awesome. I might be in the market this off season. Been 3 years with my current set which is an eternity for me

I finally ditched the Callaway's Greg, and got a set of G410's myself!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

> @TxTech25 said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > Honestly, I would have cancelled the order instantly if anyone pulled that sort of crap on me.

> >

> > You can buy Ping clubs, whether stock or custom order, for almost exactly the same price everywhere in the country. Ping have always gone to great lengths to make sure nobody gets away with undercutting their set price. There's just literally no reason to let someone gouge you on Ping clubs, the manufacturer assures an ample margin to the dealer at the set price.

>

> I get it. The problem is the way I paid (I used a big sum on a giftcard that I had won in a weighloss challenge). I didn't know how in the world to ask for it back. If it had been all on a credit card, I would have. Also, I I didn't get my fitting numbers. I didn't know what to tell whoever I ordered it from, what to get. I lived about 3.5 hours away from this place, so they had me and they knew it... I did just didn't realize it until I got home.

>

>

Congrats on the weight loss!

Hope you love your 410s as much as I live my 400s.

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @TxTech25 said:

> > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > Honestly, I would have cancelled the order instantly if anyone pulled that sort of crap on me.

> > >

> > > You can buy Ping clubs, whether stock or custom order, for almost exactly the same price everywhere in the country. Ping have always gone to great lengths to make sure nobody gets away with undercutting their set price. There's just literally no reason to let someone gouge you on Ping clubs, the manufacturer assures an ample margin to the dealer at the set price.

> >

> > I get it. The problem is the way I paid (I used a big sum on a giftcard that I had won in a weighloss challenge). I didn't know how in the world to ask for it back. If it had been all on a credit card, I would have. Also, I I didn't get my fitting numbers. I didn't know what to tell whoever I ordered it from, what to get. I lived about 3.5 hours away from this place, so they had me and they knew it... I did just didn't realize it until I got home.

> >

> >

>

> Congrats on the weight loss!

> Hope you love your 410s as much as I live my 400s.

Thanks! 12.89% body weight in 2 months. Golf got better as a result. I don't like losing, which is part of the reason for the new clubs. I feel that golf is one of the few things I haven't been able to get "good" at. Hope the irons helps as much as the driver and wedges.

• 4 weeks later...

> @Taylormadegack said:

> Long shot.... Can anyone compare the 410’s to Taylormade R7s? Turf interaction, feel and consistency? Thanks

Sorry, not R7s but I played Burner XDs before which were same family/time. Turf interaction is similar, feel is better on good and bad strikes. More forgiving and much more consistent.