Played behind a BIG hitter yesterday

tatertot

> @tatertot said:

> > @lookylookitzadam said:

> > I played with a guy here in SD who carried his normal driver and his long drive driver that "he used solely for competition" but definitely had to show us "just once" on every par 5. The dude couldn't find a fairway with it but kept telling who he has long drive records of over 370 yards at sea level. All you can do sometimes is congratulate them and move on...I didnt want to spend 30 minutes waiting for him to try and connect on one that was really going to only get out there 250.

>

> I have played with these guys before ... before the round they state something to the effect of "I'm not hitting driver today, this course just isn't long enough."

>

> And then, multiple times, during the round they act like we've been begging him to hit and say "I guess I'll just hit it once ... you know, to let the big dog eat."

>

> And they crank one OB.

>

> I've played with BIG HITTERS ... guys that rip it 350 routinely. And they don't say a thing. They just hit.

>

Exactly. The more someone talks about their game or what "they normally can do" the more I know the are full of it.

• Like 1

I think I was paired in a tourney with that guy years ago. Literally the same thing every shot...irons and all. He finally broke a shaft and part came back at him cutting his leg. Guys are dime a dozen..and usually horrible putters.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

I have a good friend who carries his driver 340 and he’s pretty straight every time. He uses an old Titleist driver totally not “fit” for him, and hits it way too high. But he does that because he plays a lot of parkland courses and he wants the ball to go over all the trees. He takes lines I’ve never seen off tee boxes.

His drives hit and immediately stop, though, because they descend from such heights.

I’m decently long. Pair me with 100 random guys over the course of a year and I’m longer than probably all but 10-20 of them. I’m short by WRX standards but I move it OK.

Anyway, my buddy hits his drives 70 yards past me and 30 yards past anybody else you’d consider really long. He’s a great scramble partner and always wins the long drive competition at the scramble.

• Like 1

> @LeftDaddy said:

> I have a good friend who carries his driver 340 and he’s pretty straight every time. He uses an old Titleist driver totally not “fit” for him, and hits it way too high. But he does that because he plays a lot of parkland courses and he wants the ball to go over all the trees. He takes lines I’ve never seen off tee boxes.

>

> His drives hit and immediately stop, though, because they descend from such heights.

>

> I’m decently long. Pair me with 100 random guys over the course of a year and I’m longer than probably all but 10-20 of them. I’m short by WRX standards but I move it OK.

>

> Anyway, my buddy hits his drives 70 yards past me and 30 yards past anybody else you’d consider really long. He’s a great scramble partner and always wins the long drive competition at the scramble.

My buddy can smoke your buddy—anywhere and anytime.

My buddy is JonesScott.

• Like 1

I hit a drive 354 yards once (measured via my SkyCaddie). It was downhill, hit the cart path twice and was center fairway about 20 yards short of the green.

I still only parred it. That's the closest I've ever sniffed to 400 yards.

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W
TaylorMade RocketBallz Stage 2 3H

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Apex Black '22 irons 5-AW
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)

> @Krt22 said:

> Sorry guys, I broke my Hzrdus Hulk 70TX 2" tipped at the range prior to the round and had to take a normal stiff shaft from a demo club in the pro shop.

yea but...how'd you deal with your gf leaving you? lol jk jk

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Years ago when 280 was a big number I was playing with a friend who was a baseball player in HS. Loved golf and could really hit it long. The muni we played as kids had what was essentially a bag line that ran adjacent to the parking lot so the guy or girl on the first tee always had an audience. I guess that’s why I never experience first tee jitters. Anyway, we were waiting to tee off because my friend Mike was waiting for the fairway to clear (being polite). The folks in front of us were out there about 240-250, off to the right side of fairway. One of the older gents in line shouts, “what in the world are you waiting for?’ My friend Mike who was a very nice, well-mannered person replied, “Sir, just waiting for them to hit.” The older guy yells back, “who do you think you are Jack Nicklaus,….hit the ball!” Mike replies, “sir, I should wait.” The older gent yells back, “Hit the ball prima donna.” Mike shook his head, stepped up and ripped one over the heads of the folks in the fairway. The ball carried 270-275 (Lynx Parallax Boom-Boom driver 9 degrees). The older guy and most everyone else in line just fell silent. I will never forget it. With a relaxed look on his face, Mike slowly walked over the older gent after I hit and said, “sir, eff you.” The older guy was in complete shock.

• Like 1

> @LeftDaddy said:

> I have a good friend who carries his driver 340 and he’s pretty straight every time. He uses an old Titleist driver totally not “fit” for him, and hits it way too high. But he does that because he plays a lot of parkland courses and he wants the ball to go over all the trees. He takes lines I’ve never seen off tee boxes.

>

> His drives hit and immediately stop, though, because they descend from such heights.

>

> I’m decently long. Pair me with 100 random guys over the course of a year and I’m longer than probably all but 10-20 of them. I’m short by WRX standards but I move it OK.

>

> Anyway, my buddy hits his drives 70 yards past me and 30 yards past anybody else you’d consider really long. He’s a great scramble partner and always wins the long drive competition at the scramble.

With all appropriate respect...he hits it 340 BUT he hits it TOO high?

That's like being married to Kate Upton and saying she's just OK.

• Like 1

> @"Hot Rod 71" said:

> I had a guy (in his mid 60s) come into the pro shop one day and ask me about changing his shafts from R to X because he regularly hits it 300. I asked how he knew this and he replied "the score card says #8 is 500 yards from the white tees and I am regularly hitting my second shot from the 200 yard marker".

>

> The next time he came in, he asked again about changing shafts. I loaned him a rangefinder and told him to shoot this tree that is near the 200 yard marker from the white tee box. He came back in with a dejected look on his face and said "I shot that tree from the white tees and it was 240 yards". He wasn't happy.

I am aware that you can't gauge driving distance by yards left into hole but I am not very familiar with how total hole distance is calculated that results in scenarios like this where you hit to to the 200 marker on a 500 yard hole but the drive was only 240 yards from the tee box?

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @LeftDaddy said:

> > I have a good friend who carries his driver 340 and he’s pretty straight every time. He uses an old Titleist driver totally not “fit” for him, and hits it way too high. But he does that because he plays a lot of parkland courses and he wants the ball to go over all the trees. He takes lines I’ve never seen off tee boxes.

> >

> > His drives hit and immediately stop, though, because they descend from such heights.

> >

> > I’m decently long. Pair me with 100 random guys over the course of a year and I’m longer than probably all but 10-20 of them. I’m short by WRX standards but I move it OK.

> >

> > Anyway, my buddy hits his drives 70 yards past me and 30 yards past anybody else you’d consider really long. He’s a great scramble partner and always wins the long drive competition at the scramble.

>

> With all appropriate respect...he hits it 340 BUT he hits it TOO high?

>

> That's like being married to Kate Upton and saying she's just OK.

Or like saying Paul Casey has average forearms.

• Like 1

> @Ferguson said:

> Years ago when 280 was a big number I was playing with a friend who was a baseball player in HS. Loved golf and could really hit it long. The muni we played as kids had what was essentially a bag line that ran adjacent to the parking lot so the guy or girl on the first tee always had an audience. I guess that’s why I never experience first tee jitters. Anyway, we were waiting to tee off because my friend Mike was waiting for the fairway to clear (being polite). The folks in front of us were out there about 240-250, off to the right side of fairway. One of the older gents in line shouts, “what in the world are you waiting for?’ My friend Mike who was a very nice, well-mannered person replied, “Sir, just waiting for them to hit.” The older guy yells back, “who do you think you are Jack Nicklaus,….hit the ball!” Mike replies, “sir, I should wait.” The older gent yells back, “Hit the ball prima donna.” Mike shook his head, stepped up and ripped one over the heads of the folks in the fairway. The ball carried 270-275 (Lynx Parallax Boom-Boom driver 9 degrees). The older guy and most everyone else in line just fell silent. I will never forget it. With a relaxed look on his face, Mike slowly walked over the older gent after I hit and said, “sir, eff you.” The older guy was in complete shock.

Yeah I had that happen a few months ago, except it was the starter who told me to hit. Having played the course many times and playing 1 tee up for a 2 man best ball tourney, I knew they were well within range, even more so with the wind at our backs (rare for that course on the first tee). I told him they were within range if I caught one, he again insisted I hit, saying they were 300+ out. I hesitated further and he told me again to hit, so against my own judgement, I hit. Of course I crush one and it sails clear over their heads, ends up maybe 40 yards from the green. They throw their hands up (obviously), I tell the starter I told you so, he replies "well they should hurry up, nice shot" and carries on with his business. Wtf! Embarrassing conversation on the 2nd tee box ensued.

> @Liquid_A_45 said:

> > @"Hot Rod 71" said:

> > I had a guy (in his mid 60s) come into the pro shop one day and ask me about changing his shafts from R to X because he regularly hits it 300. I asked how he knew this and he replied "the score card says #8 is 500 yards from the white tees and I am regularly hitting my second shot from the 200 yard marker".

> >

> > The next time he came in, he asked again about changing shafts. I loaned him a rangefinder and told him to shoot this tree that is near the 200 yard marker from the white tee box. He came back in with a dejected look on his face and said "I shot that tree from the white tees and it was 240 yards". He wasn't happy.

>

> I am aware that you can't gauge driving distance by yards left into hole but I am not very familiar with how total hole distance is calculated that results in scenarios like this where you hit to to the 200 marker on a 500 yard hole but the drive was only 240 yards from the tee box?

Courses lie about their yardages.

• Like 1

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

> @Liquid_A_45 said:

> > @"Hot Rod 71" said:

> > I had a guy (in his mid 60s) come into the pro shop one day and ask me about changing his shafts from R to X because he regularly hits it 300. I asked how he knew this and he replied "the score card says #8 is 500 yards from the white tees and I am regularly hitting my second shot from the 200 yard marker".

> >

> > The next time he came in, he asked again about changing shafts. I loaned him a rangefinder and told him to shoot this tree that is near the 200 yard marker from the white tee box. He came back in with a dejected look on his face and said "I shot that tree from the white tees and it was 240 yards". He wasn't happy.

>

> I am aware that you can't gauge driving distance by yards left into hole but I am not very familiar with how total hole distance is calculated that results in scenarios like this where you hit to to the 200 marker on a 500 yard hole but the drive was only 240 yards from the tee box?

White tees were clearly moved one tee box forward.

> @Ferguson said:

> Years ago when 280 was a big number I was playing with a friend who was a baseball player in HS. Loved golf and could really hit it long. The muni we played as kids had what was essentially a bag line that ran adjacent to the parking lot so the guy or girl on the first tee always had an audience. I guess that’s why I never experience first tee jitters. Anyway, we were waiting to tee off because my friend Mike was waiting for the fairway to clear (being polite). The folks in front of us were out there about 240-250, off to the right side of fairway. One of the older gents in line shouts, “what in the world are you waiting for?’ My friend Mike who was a very nice, well-mannered person replied, “Sir, just waiting for them to hit.” The older guy yells back, “who do you think you are Jack Nicklaus,….hit the ball!” Mike replies, “sir, I should wait.” The older gent yells back, “Hit the ball prima donna.” Mike shook his head, stepped up and ripped one over the heads of the folks in the fairway. The ball carried 270-275 (Lynx Parallax Boom-Boom driver 9 degrees). The older guy and most everyone else in line just fell silent. I will never forget it. With a relaxed look on his face, Mike slowly walked over the older gent after I hit and said, “sir, eff you.” The older guy was in complete shock.

This story made my whole day......awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.

I had a weird situation once where a guy was poking 230-240 all day, comes to the last par 5. Fairway elevates and plateaus 25 feet higher than tee box, so 275 is a darn good poke. He nails it, best of day, so coming up we cannot find ball till it's 350 or so out from tee box. To this day I think the guy beaned a snapping turtle and it flew an extra 100 yards. Cannot explain it.

> @tatertot said:

> > @Liquid_A_45 said:

> > > @"Hot Rod 71" said:

> > > I had a guy (in his mid 60s) come into the pro shop one day and ask me about changing his shafts from R to X because he regularly hits it 300. I asked how he knew this and he replied "the score card says #8 is 500 yards from the white tees and I am regularly hitting my second shot from the 200 yard marker".

> > >

> > > The next time he came in, he asked again about changing shafts. I loaned him a rangefinder and told him to shoot this tree that is near the 200 yard marker from the white tee box. He came back in with a dejected look on his face and said "I shot that tree from the white tees and it was 240 yards". He wasn't happy.

> >

> > I am aware that you can't gauge driving distance by yards left into hole but I am not very familiar with how total hole distance is calculated that results in scenarios like this where you hit to to the 200 marker on a 500 yard hole but the drive was only 240 yards from the tee box?

>

> Courses lie about their yardages.

Very understated post. Think this is prevalent in the Chicago area. As courses are re-rated by the CDGA, some of them lose 2-300 total yards and I've yet to see one where the yardage increased.

> @Ferguson said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > @LeftDaddy said:

> > > I have a good friend who carries his driver 340 and he’s pretty straight every time. He uses an old Titleist driver totally not “fit” for him, and hits it way too high. But he does that because he plays a lot of parkland courses and he wants the ball to go over all the trees. He takes lines I’ve never seen off tee boxes.

> > >

> > > His drives hit and immediately stop, though, because they descend from such heights.

> > >

> > > I’m decently long. Pair me with 100 random guys over the course of a year and I’m longer than probably all but 10-20 of them. I’m short by WRX standards but I move it OK.

> > >

> > > Anyway, my buddy hits his drives 70 yards past me and 30 yards past anybody else you’d consider really long. He’s a great scramble partner and always wins the long drive competition at the scramble.

> >

> > With all appropriate respect...he hits it 340 BUT he hits it TOO high?

> >

> > That's like being married to Kate Upton and saying she's just OK.

>

> Or like saying Paul Casey has average forearms.

Tell you what Ferg, that’s one man I have seen hit it 340! I remember watching a uphill par 4 at Oakmont during the US Open. Granted it was boiling hot and dry. Paul ripped a drive I was like where is it??! I don’t think it ever came down!

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

> @"Crazy About Golf" said:

> > @Liquid_A_45 said:

> > > @"Hot Rod 71" said:

> > > I had a guy (in his mid 60s) come into the pro shop one day and ask me about changing his shafts from R to X because he regularly hits it 300. I asked how he knew this and he replied "the score card says #8 is 500 yards from the white tees and I am regularly hitting my second shot from the 200 yard marker".

> > >

> > > The next time he came in, he asked again about changing shafts. I loaned him a rangefinder and told him to shoot this tree that is near the 200 yard marker from the white tee box. He came back in with a dejected look on his face and said "I shot that tree from the white tees and it was 240 yards". He wasn't happy.

> >

> > I am aware that you can't gauge driving distance by yards left into hole but I am not very familiar with how total hole distance is calculated that results in scenarios like this where you hit to to the 200 marker on a 500 yard hole but the drive was only 240 yards from the tee box?

>

> White tees were clearly moved one tee box forward.

His first mistake was he was actually looking at the blue tee number, not the white tee number. According to the scorecard, the blue tees are 505, white tees 485. However, the white tees are normally on a tee box about 30-40 up because of a forced carry that most seniors have difficulty with, which is where he was playing when he thought he was hitting it 300.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Tensei AV Raw White 65X

PXG Gen 6 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I played with guy that was the opposite. He was this big young dude and on the first tee, he bombed. Wasn't sure of the exact yardage, but I'm pretty consistent being in that 275 range and his was at least 80 yards more. My rough estimate at the time was 350. He wasn't a good golfer and didn't pretend to be. He wasn't a good around the greens or a good putter. If he was around the green, he'd be lucking to get in with 3 shots. But his drives were violent strikes of beauty. On one short hole, it's 380 to green with a dogleg to the left, so if you can carry the trees at the corner, its more like 340. I hit my 5 wood and he pulls out his driver, so I told him he'd better wait. He said no way he could get it to the green. Sure enough, he teed off and the ball landed on the green with the group ahead of us still putting. He went up to apologize but it was such a shocking shot for them they weren't even upset. It rolled to the fringe of the green and he bogeyed the hole.

> @Stanks said:

> OP doesn't know what trigonometry is... 175 Forward and 225 Right doesn't mean it's 400 yards away...But I digress.

> I used to be that guy. I can still send it far but, it's just smarter to play it safer. It's fun when you have a guy in your group that can hit far. It definitely is a psychological thing.

I don't think he was saying it was 400 yards away, just that it covered 400 yards of distance in the air.

> @Stanks said:

> OP doesn't know what trigonometry is... 175 Forward and 225 Right doesn't mean it's 400 yards away...But I digress.

> I used to be that guy. I can still send it far but, it's just smarter to play it safer. It's fun when you have a guy in your group that can hit far. It definitely is a psychological thing.

Yes.....using the equation to solve for 1/4 the circumference of an ellipse (best representation of a huge banana ball), I calculate a roughly 315 yard drive for total distance (on an arc) flown thru the air.....the Pythagorean Theorem would measure the distance from the spot the ball was hit to the place it ended up.....or roughly 285 yards.....I love math.....I'm gonna go pick my nose and eat it now.....

> @Ferguson said:

I did the same thing. Once. Many years ago. Par 5. Semi-blind tee shot. Fairway goes up hill and crests about 240 yds out then goes down hill. Ranger parks his cart there and tells you when it's safe to hit. Guys in front of us are about 250 out, we can see the top of their carts. Ranger waves us up. We wave him back. He waves us up again with more gusto. We wave him back. He yells that we do what he says or we're off the course. I hit the longest drive of my life. Well over his head and the guys in front of us heads. Found the ball under a pine tree about 400 yards from the tee. Don't know if it got there on its own or someone helped it along.

> @Stanks said:

OP is well aware of what trig is ... Are you aware of what things like "hyperbole", "common sense" and "carrying on a conversation" are?

Oddly, smart people are like long hitters. The real ones just do their thing, those that are lacking try to show off and talk about what they can do.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

> @diablocrusher said:

> > @phatchrisrules said:

> > Some people are such clowns and have literally no idea how far they hit the ball. Everyone under the age of 45 thinks they hit the ball "280-300" so when someone is longer than them they wet themselves a little thinking they just got paired with Rory, DJ, or Koepka. In reality, the people are lucky to hit it 250 let alone 280 and the person who is actually half way long is more in the 265-280 camp. Literally my life as a golf big box employee summed up in this one post. When they come in to "smack a few drivers" and see <250 they default automatically to the screen or camera being wrong and they proceed to tell you how they played this one hole and they had 100 yards left and the card says 450. I learned long ago to just smile and say yup, the machines are sometimes 10% short of what you would normally get and just walk away and let them think they are some big shot. Heaven forbid they ever buy a wedge from this decade though or spend more than $150 on a putter when most have no problems spending $300+ on a driver they slice just as poorly as they did the one before.

>

> This is 100% correct here. I know it's the WRX way so some won't buy it, but I do hit the ball longer than the average golfer. (I know, I know, everyone here hits its over 300) I usually get one good drive a round up near around 300 or over with the rollout but I typically drive the ball around 280ish give or take when I hit it solid. I used to play a lot of rounds by myself so I've been paired up with strangers quite a few times.

>

> It's amazing how many guys you run into on the golf course who truly think they drive the ball 270-300 yards. I once played with a guy that after I hit a good drive and we got up to my ball he said: "wow you must've hit that 340, 350". I reply to him, no that's more like 280ish. He says "no way it can't be, I usually drive it 270 and you're 40 yards past me! I pull out my range finder and laser the cart sitting next to the tee box we just came from......277 yards away.

>

> I pretty much deflated his sails and his ego for the rest of his golfing career.

Sometimes it needs to be done if they are being obnoxious about it. Most of the time I let it slide and just nod being very mediocre distance wise myself (245-250 carry, 102 SS). I think its just a lot of people have literally no clue how far they hit a ball. The amount of seniors (like legit wrinkles, gray hair) that come in to tell me they hit their GW 130 yards yet hit a 7i 120 carry is mindboggling. I still remember one of my first weeks working at the store and a gentleman of similar description came in saying he needed to hit his irons shorter. He hits his GW 150 yards, and "sure it drives the boys wild but it just isn't helpful when I need it for shorter shots", I asked him to clarify I said your 50* clubs goes 150 yards and he said yes. We were in the sim with a 6i with a weaker lofted iron and he proceeded to carry this maybe 130 in the air. He was getting more and more agitated until he finally said "these things are really short, your screens are way off", I said my usualy 10% line and then asked him "I thought you wanted to hit your clubs shorter?" He stammered on his words and I left the sim only to find the club leaning against the wall and him nowhere to be found less than 5 minutes later.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

I often play with my Dad and one of his friends or a golf group he's part of. When I hit one of my good drives I always get a reaction of "wow" or "oh, to be young and flexible". I only hit it maybe 230-240 when I hit it well. I know I'm not up to WRX standards.

I do remember once when I was in college playing a course that I hadn't played before. There was one par 4 that was ~360yds. From the tee box you couldn't see the landing area of the fairway because it went over a hill. We got to my partners ball and I proceeded to walk up to my ball. I usually didn't out drive him by much so I wasn't expecting my ball to be much farther up. I didn't see it where I expected so I kept walking. I finally found my ball. I then looked for a yardage marker and found the 50yd mark about 10yds ahead of me. I was shocked I just hit a ~300yd drive. I couldn't believe it. The only other times I hit a drive that long was on a downhill fairway in the middle of summer.

• Like 1

Last scramble I was in we had a grandfather and grandson on the team. The grandson was a seriously long hitter. For the first two holes he was using mid-irons. His 8i 230 yards to the elevated green of the 2nd par 3 was awesome. It gave a whole new meaning to 'he bombed it'. Not only could he reach it but he could hit the ball high enough that it just hit the green and barely bounced a foot before stopping dead.

When he finally got to a hole long enough to use his driver on it was almost hysterically funny. I hit my driver then a 3h and was only a dozen yards in front of his drive so he must've driven something like 400 yards. What I found funny was just the different perspective it gave to the course when we all agreed to use his shots. Several things I see as hazards he just flew the ball over and probably didn't even notice as he walked past.

His putting was a bit weak though and when one of his shots went astray it went _seriously_ astray. But it was an impressive eyeopening experience.

> @tatertot said:

> > @Stanks said:

> > OP doesn't know what trigonometry is... 175 Forward and 225 Right doesn't mean it's 400 yards away...But I digress.

> > I used to be that guy. I can still send it far but, it's just smarter to play it safer. It's fun when you have a guy in your group that can hit far. It definitely is a psychological thing.

>

> OP is well aware of what trig is ... Are you aware of what things like "hyperbole", "common sense" and "carrying on a conversation" are?

>

> Oddly, smart people are like long hitters. The real ones just do their thing, those that are lacking try to show off and talk about what they can do.

If you ever come to NC, send me a message. We’d be friends.