A warning before buying a vessel bag

3wood

> @3wood said:

> > @jkmacguru said:

> > I think OP is getting burned. If it’s only been a could rounds with a pretty expensive bag Vessel should offer a one time replacement with a light slap on the hand saying “please only walk with this”. If they do not include that kind of language to begin with, then that first one is on them.

> >

> > The bigger issue for me is that this material flakes. It reminds me of the older head covers that would flake and make a huge mess all over after a while. If the product responds like this to cart straps, it is not a good fit. Vessel should have bit the bullet and placed it..

> > Best Bag companies to work with: Sun Mountain, Ping, Jones, and McKenzie Walkers.

>

> Yep. Obviously they know they have a problem but aren’t concerned with correcting it. Glad I learned not to use my carry bag on a cart lol

Most people in the northwest use a carry bag on a cart because half the year carts are “path only” due to our wet winters. I know you were being sarcastic, it’s just crazy that an expensive bag like this would be designed without being tested for use on a cart. A 20 year old hoofer holds up better than this.

> @coach_harris1 said:

> Normal wear and tear? There’s gonna be a hole all the way through in a month.

>

> Maybe you could copy this link in an email to them and in their Facebook and other social media.

I agree. They should be invited into the conversation.

> @jkmacguru said:

> > @3wood said:

> > > @jkmacguru said:

> > > I think OP is getting burned. If it’s only been a could rounds with a pretty expensive bag Vessel should offer a one time replacement with a light slap on the hand saying “please only walk with this”. If they do not include that kind of language to begin with, then that first one is on them.

> > >

> > > The bigger issue for me is that this material flakes. It reminds me of the older head covers that would flake and make a huge mess all over after a while. If the product responds like this to cart straps, it is not a good fit. Vessel should have bit the bullet and placed it..

> > > Best Bag companies to work with: Sun Mountain, Ping, Jones, and McKenzie Walkers.

> >

> > Yep. Obviously they know they have a problem but aren’t concerned with correcting it. Glad I learned not to use my carry bag on a cart lol

>

> Most people in the northwest use a carry bag on a cart because half the year carts are “path only” due to our wet winters. I know you were being sarcastic, it’s just crazy that an expensive bag like this would be designed without being tested for use on a cart. A 20 year old hoofer holds up better than this.

> > @coach_harris1 said:

> > Normal wear and tear? There’s gonna be a hole all the way through in a month.

> >

> > Maybe you could copy this link in an email to them and in their Facebook and other social media.

>

> I agree. They should be invited into the conversation.

I sent Eric a invitation to this discussion.

> @coach_harris1 said:

> I mean why buy a “high end” bag if it’s “low end” quality ? It’s like buying a fake Rolex but paying for a real Rolex. Just doesn’t make sense.

agreed. Kind of disappointing. I think I would've tried to test the bag myself but after seeing the response @3wood got from Vessel directly makes me want to take my business elsewhere and I have

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

I don't know, this does suck for the OP, but bags do wear if used on a cart. Even the 'bullet proof' Hoofer will have the paint scraped off the legs by a cart. Is that not normal wear and tear? A fake leather bag is not going to be impervious to friction wear, seems like common sense. Hindsight is 20:20 though, and again this does suck for OP.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

> @brew4eagle said:

> I don't know, this does suck for the OP, but bags do wear if used on a cart. Even the 'bullet proof' Hoofer will have the paint scraped off the legs by a cart. Is that not normal wear and tear? A fake leather bag is not going to be impervious to friction wear, seems like common sense. Hindsight is 20:20 though, and again this does suck for OP.

Yes, but I would argue that paint scraping is different from tears from normal use in less than 10 rounds. Tires on a car should not wear down after 1000 miles. A $350 golf bag should not have tears after 10 rounds. Cart or no cart.

• Like 1

Does this suck for the OP? Yes. Is it fair to compare durability of nylon bags(Ping hoofer, Sun Mountain, etc) to a synthetic leather bag? No it’s not. Of course a nylon bag is going to be more durable than synthetic leather. Best example I can come up with, and it’s a rough analogy but: if you buy a basketball designed for indoor play you can’t get pissed if you take it to an asphalt/concrete court and whine that the cover gets torn up. It wasn’t designed for that. Yes it’s not a perfect example but are people really trying to compare durability of bags made with completely different materials?

• Like 1

> @jli2636 said:

> Does this suck for the OP? Yes. Is it fair to compare durability of nylon bags(Ping hoofer, Sun Mountain, etc) to a synthetic leather bag? No it’s not. Of course a nylon bag is going to be more durable than synthetic leather. Best example I can come up with, and it’s a rough analogy but: if you buy a basketball designed for indoor play you can’t get pissed if you take it to an asphalt/concrete court and whine that the cover gets torn up. It wasn’t designed for that. Yes it’s not a perfect example but are people really trying to compare durability of bags made with completely different materials?

I get what your saying. It would be different if the bag stated “ use on a cart at your own risk” or “not made to withstand riding on a cart, carry only”. I’m not upset about the black marks, I’m just aggravated it started getting holes after a few rides. Hopefully this thread helps a few guys/gals out.

• Like 1

> @jli2636 said:

> Does this suck for the OP? Yes. Is it fair to compare durability of nylon bags(Ping hoofer, Sun Mountain, etc) to a synthetic leather bag? No it’s not. Of course a nylon bag is going to be more durable than synthetic leather. Best example I can come up with, and it’s a rough analogy but: if you buy a basketball designed for indoor play you can’t get pissed if you take it to an asphalt/concrete court and whine that the cover gets torn up. It wasn’t designed for that. Yes it’s not a perfect example but are people really trying to compare durability of bags made with completely different materials?

Would it be fair to compare the Vessel to an old Wilson Staff synthetic leather bag? I have an old red and white that was strapped to a pull cart for hundreds of rounds and doesn't have wear anywhere near what the OP illustrates. Cheap quality is cheap quality and the Vessel certainly appears that way to me.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Man, that really sucks OP.

I took a look at the differences between the cart bag and the carry bag. I don't see any additional padding or alterations that would change the durability of the cart bag over the carry bag. The Cart Bag is made from Micro-suede Synthetic Leather and the Carry Bag is made from Microsuede Backed Synthetic Leather. Is that the same thing? The Carry Bag description actually says that the Microsuede Backed Synthetic Leather is "**Known for its durability, abrasion and heat resistance**, and is easy to clean."

Sounds like some BS to me.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

> @3wood said:

> > @jli2636 said:

> > Does this suck for the OP? Yes. Is it fair to compare durability of nylon bags(Ping hoofer, Sun Mountain, etc) to a synthetic leather bag? No it’s not. Of course a nylon bag is going to be more durable than synthetic leather. Best example I can come up with, and it’s a rough analogy but: if you buy a basketball designed for indoor play you can’t get pissed if you take it to an asphalt/concrete court and whine that the cover gets torn up. It wasn’t designed for that. Yes it’s not a perfect example but are people really trying to compare durability of bags made with completely different materials?

>

> I get what your saying. It would be different if the bag stated “ use on a cart at your own risk” or “not made to withstand riding on a cart, carry only”. I’m not upset about the black marks, I’m just aggravated it started getting holes after a few rides. Hopefully this thread helps a few guys/gals out.

It has, thank you OP. I was set on getting a vessel but not anymore.

I received a PXG bag(made by vessel) as a gift 2 years ago and its close to the same shape as i first received it.. I like the clean look of vessel and was going to get one for my next bag, but now will stay clear... thank you for the thread!

• Like 1

That's BS OP and I'd be equally PO'ed about it. I have been considering a Vessel bag for a very long time but based on this thread I won't be wasting my money. Thank you for posting and sharing so the rest of us can avoid if we so chose.

It really sounds to me like they are picking and choosing how they want to handle warranty issues with the vagueness in their policy. If it wasn't meant to be on a cart then why wouldn't they note that somewhere? Additionally why are they ADVERTISING the bag on a cart on their own page?

• Like 2

> @timbo08 said:

> That's BS OP and I'd be equally PO'ed about it. I have been considering a Vessel bag for a very long time but based on this thread I won't be wasting my money. Thank you for posting and sharing so the rest of us can avoid if we so chose.

>

> It really sounds to me like they are picking and choosing how they want to handle warranty issues with the vagueness in their policy. If it wasn't meant to be on a cart then why wouldn't they note that somewhere? Additionally why are they ADVERTISING the bag on a cart on their own page?

>

>

Dude, that’s crazy. That’s hilarious, I would’ve sent them that pic if I saw it. The bag on the right has my irons in it as well lol

OP definitely send and email with that pic and claim false advertising or something? I’d run it up the flag pole and not stop until I got a refund or the owner on the phone. That’s a load of garbage for them to tell you that and then post a pic advertising it. That just speaks to the character of the company. Very poor in my opinion!

• Like 2

> @coach_harris1 said:

> OP definitely send and email with that pic and claim false advertising or something? I’d run it up the flag pole and not stop until I got a refund or the owner on the phone. That’s a load of garbage for them to tell you that and then post a pic advertising it. That just speaks to the character of the company. Very poor in my opinion!

I sent him an email. Tons of pics with “stand bags” on carts. Maybe Paige could do something for me

> @3wood said:

> > @coach_harris1 said:

> > OP definitely send and email with that pic and claim false advertising or something? I’d run it up the flag pole and not stop until I got a refund or the owner on the phone. That’s a load of garbage for them to tell you that and then post a pic advertising it. That just speaks to the character of the company. Very poor in my opinion!

>

> I sent him an email. Tons of pics with “stand bags” on carts. Maybe Paige could do something for me

Have you called them yet?

> @coach_harris1 said:

> > @3wood said:

> > > @coach_harris1 said:

> > > OP definitely send and email with that pic and claim false advertising or something? I’d run it up the flag pole and not stop until I got a refund or the owner on the phone. That’s a load of garbage for them to tell you that and then post a pic advertising it. That just speaks to the character of the company. Very poor in my opinion!

> >

> > I sent him an email. Tons of pics with “stand bags” on carts. Maybe Paige could do something for me

>

> Have you called them yet?

I haven’t. I’ll call them Monday. I’m afraid I’ll get the same response but we’ll see what happens.

> @3wood said:

> > @jli2636 said:

> > Does this suck for the OP? Yes. Is it fair to compare durability of nylon bags(Ping hoofer, Sun Mountain, etc) to a synthetic leather bag? No it’s not. Of course a nylon bag is going to be more durable than synthetic leather. Best example I can come up with, and it’s a rough analogy but: if you buy a basketball designed for indoor play you can’t get pissed if you take it to an asphalt/concrete court and whine that the cover gets torn up. It wasn’t designed for that. Yes it’s not a perfect example but are people really trying to compare durability of bags made with completely different materials?

>

> I get what your saying. It would be different if the bag stated “ use on a cart at your own risk” or “not made to withstand riding on a cart, carry only”. I’m not upset about the black marks, I’m just aggravated it started getting holes after a few rides. Hopefully this thread helps a few guys/gals out.

I do agree that they should have that mentioned on their site of “this will show excess wear if used with a cart strap” or something of that nature. My post was more devils advocate because I do feel for you and would probably be just as pissed.

• Like 1

I have what looks to be the exact bag in the above pics and have pretty mych exclusively taken a cart over the past year and a half and have no marks, tears, wear spots or peeling anywhere on my vessel stand bag. Wonder if they changed material? I wouldnt trade my bag for any other stand bag out there!!! If the white part gets dirty its easy to clean with a wet cloth. I haven't experienced anything like ok. Hope they didn't switch material???

I'm guessing my Stitch SL1 uses some type of similar material and I've had no issues with it riding in a cart. The paint has rubbed off of the legs but that's all.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

Keep us all posted, please. I love the look of these bags, but would have a hard time shelling out what they are asking for a product that doesn’t wear well. Hopefully they do right by you, because that type of “wear and tear” should not be happening so quickly. If it is “normal,” then there is a problem with the message. 170+ golfers a weekend at my course and the vast majority have cart bags strapped to the back of the cart. If this bag was meant for carry only, then it should be marketed as such.

Honestly, sounds like they don’t like the beating they’re taking in the thread. To say a bag can’t be used on a cart, probably was misspeaking but this isn’t even a remote possibility for any bag that I’ve seen. Granted, I haven't used any “fake” leather bags besides my Stitch but this is a poor choice of materials or user error. However, I can’t imagine what the OP could have done to get that kind of wear, leading me to assume it’s just a poor material. Too bad, as they do look good but, at that price point, inferior materials are unacceptable. I hope my Stitch holds up better.

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2