TS 1 DISAPPOINTMENT

> @balls_deep said:

> > @gwelfgulfer said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > @gwelfgulfer said:

> > > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > > @gwelfgulfer said:

> > > > > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > > > This right here is why golf companies must absolutely hate their customer bases. Literally having a stroke over a slight weight difference.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah, I'd hate it for people to call me out on what I say in ads to try and garner them to spend money on over priced products to make sure I hit target sales for bonuses. Being almost 10% off of advertised spec isn't small potatoes...

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah that 10% difference is going to make a drastic difference in a 200 yard slice.

> > > >

> > > > You literally just started a thread crying about jacked up lofts and how it is almost dishonest to the avg golfer who doesn't know any better... But you magically defend a 10% out of advertised spec club... Might be time for you to log out...

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You like to follow me around. I'm in Ontario as well you might as well just come over and hang.

> >

> > You replied to my comment, thus triggering an alert, to which I replied to... I'm just trying to figure out the weak ego of being called out for something so pathetic, or if you understand hypocrisy at all.

>

> I'm not sure you fully understand it. Quality control and marketing are not the same thing. This guy weighed his driver, figured out it's off and then made a whiny post about it. Get it dealt with and move on. My comment re: drive length was probably out of line and more reactionary to you rather than OP. To be frank, I think the marketing of both this and distance irons is a sham. I don't think giving anyone who struggles with driver something nearly 46" is responsible product development. They can't hit the ball far so make them a super long club that's hard to control and give them less weight which generally promotes an OTT swing. "That's okay, just make it super upright and close the face". Great.

I think the OP post was informative. Yes, it did have a whiny tone to it, but it does bring home the point that manufacturers are selling products that don't match their advertising. As they have always said, buyer beware! If nothing else, this should alert other golfers who purchase the TS1.

• Like 2

> @jjfcpa said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @gwelfgulfer said:

> > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > @gwelfgulfer said:

> > > > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > > > @gwelfgulfer said:

> > > > > > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > > > > This right here is why golf companies must absolutely hate their customer bases. Literally having a stroke over a slight weight difference.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yeah, I'd hate it for people to call me out on what I say in ads to try and garner them to spend money on over priced products to make sure I hit target sales for bonuses. Being almost 10% off of advertised spec isn't small potatoes...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah that 10% difference is going to make a drastic difference in a 200 yard slice.

> > > > >

> > > > > You literally just started a thread crying about jacked up lofts and how it is almost dishonest to the avg golfer who doesn't know any better... But you magically defend a 10% out of advertised spec club... Might be time for you to log out...

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You like to follow me around. I'm in Ontario as well you might as well just come over and hang.

> > >

> > > You replied to my comment, thus triggering an alert, to which I replied to... I'm just trying to figure out the weak ego of being called out for something so pathetic, or if you understand hypocrisy at all.

> >

> > I'm not sure you fully understand it. Quality control and marketing are not the same thing. This guy weighed his driver, figured out it's off and then made a whiny post about it. Get it dealt with and move on. My comment re: drive length was probably out of line and more reactionary to you rather than OP. To be frank, I think the marketing of both this and distance irons is a sham. I don't think giving anyone who struggles with driver something nearly 46" is responsible product development. They can't hit the ball far so make them a super long club that's hard to control and give them less weight which generally promotes an OTT swing. "That's okay, just make it super upright and close the face". Great.

>

> I think the OP post was informative. Yes, it did have a whiny tone to it, but it does bring home the point that manufacturers are selling products that don't match their advertising. As they have always said, buyer beware! If nothing else, this should alert other golfers who purchase the TS1.

What difference is made by this weight difference? What’s the difference in empirical performance?

I don't think he's whiny. I think english is a second language and its confusing people on here as to gauge the tone of the statement. Regardless, I'm curious to see how off the weight is, if his measuring equipment is within manufactured tolerances

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

> @pricenicky said:

> Just got my new 10.5 TS1 with air speeder 40 REG / std length / 30 gram grip. It weighs 302 grams. head 199, shaft with grip and adapter 103 .Somethings out.Suspect shaft weight. Titleist ads state the weight at 275.EVEN THE L FLEX COULDNT MAKE THE 275., My modified g4-00 with iz4 only weighs 289. XXIO 270 / STAR 286. I REACHED OUT TO ACUSHNET ; WAITING FOR AN ANSWER, IDEAS ???

I’m new to this. Can you explain to me why you want it to be as light as possible and why this is a big deal? I’m not trying to be a douche I just don’t understand.

confused why someone with concerns about the specifics of their golf equipment is coming under fire here of all places?

where exactly is a more appropriate place to discuss this sort of thing?

if you want to make slice jokes and say equipment details don't matter why in gods name are you spending part of your finite mortal life on the golfwrx equipment forum

• Like 2

> @ldandrea said:

> > @pricenicky said:

> > Just got my new 10.5 TS1 with air speeder 40 REG / std length / 30 gram grip. It weighs 302 grams. head 199, shaft with grip and adapter 103 .Somethings out.Suspect shaft weight. Titleist ads state the weight at 275.EVEN THE L FLEX COULDNT MAKE THE 275., My modified g4-00 with iz4 only weighs 289. XXIO 270 / STAR 286. I REACHED OUT TO ACUSHNET ; WAITING FOR AN ANSWER, IDEAS ???

>

> I’m new to this. Can you explain to me why you want it to be as light as possible and why this is a big deal? I’m not trying to be a douche I just don’t understand.

>

Lighter clubs can be swung faster - so you can get more distance. However, the negative is consistency and feel suffers. The "lighter is better" fad seems to come in every 6-7 years. Next up - white paint hits further due to reflected sunlight increasing heat transfer. BOOM!

> @aadadams said:

> Increased weight decreases swing speed with a given club (all other things being equal), so one can swing a lighter club faster, which should translate to more distance.

The basic equation collision equation is M1V1=M2V2. While you may be increasing speed, you are also decreasing mass, thus the translation to ball speed isnt going to be 1 to 1.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @aadadams said:

> > Increased weight decreases swing speed with a given club (all other things being equal), so one can swing a lighter club faster, which should translate to more distance.

>

> The basic equation collision equation is M1V1=M2V2. While you may be increasing speed, you are also decreasing mass, thus the translation to ball speed isnt going to be 1 to 1.

As a chemist, you're equation provoked thoughts of molarity and volume initially. :)

That said, I'll concur with you're clarifying addendum, as the relationship between the decrease in mass are not directly proportional to increases in speed. even though the provided equation suggest otherwise. :)

> @aadadams said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @aadadams said:

> > > Increased weight decreases swing speed with a given club (all other things being equal), so one can swing a lighter club faster, which should translate to more distance.

> >

> > The basic equation collision equation is M1V1=M2V2. While you may be increasing speed, you are also decreasing mass, thus the translation to ball speed isnt going to be 1 to 1.

>

> As a chemist, you're equation provoked thoughts of molarity and volume initially. :)

>

> That said, I'll concur with you're clarifying addendum, as the relationship between the decrease in mass are not directly proportional to increases in speed. even though the provided equation suggest otherwise. :)

The caveat from your original post is that all other things are equal, my point was in the case of the TS1 they are not. You still have a finite amount of kinetic energy being delivered to the ball.

> @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > > Why not just return it and get a refund?

> > >

> > > Or is that too simple and doesn’t allow for fits of righteous indignation?

> >

> > That would be too easy

>

> And we’ve seen what excessive whining on the Internet leads to. Incels.

Wow, made it all the way to the bright and cheery world of incels, quite a grasp... Maybe explain how the 'war on terror' doesn't included home grown white folks and the relation to playing range rocks over premium tour balls...

What's In The Ping Moonlite:
Ping Rapture '14 13*
Ping Rapture DI 18*
Titleist 690.CB 4/6/8/PW
Vokey TVD 54*
Odyssey Tank V-Line

> @gwelfgulfer said:

> > @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > > > Why not just return it and get a refund?

> > > >

> > > > Or is that too simple and doesn’t allow for fits of righteous indignation?

> > >

> > > That would be too easy

> >

> > And we’ve seen what excessive whining on the Internet leads to. Incels.

>

> Wow, made it all the way to the bright and cheery world of incels, quite a grasp... Maybe explain how the 'war on terror' doesn't included home grown white folks and the relation to playing range rocks over premium tour balls...

>

You must be fun at parties

> @Krt22 said:

> > @gwelfgulfer said:

> > > @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > > > > Why not just return it and get a refund?

> > > > >

> > > > > Or is that too simple and doesn’t allow for fits of righteous indignation?

> > > >

> > > > That would be too easy

> > >

> > > And we’ve seen what excessive whining on the Internet leads to. Incels.

> >

> > Wow, made it all the way to the bright and cheery world of incels, quite a grasp... Maybe explain how the 'war on terror' doesn't included home grown white folks and the relation to playing range rocks over premium tour balls...

> >

>

> You must be fun at parties

I highly doubt he/she/it receives any invites.

I'm not sure where you ordered your club from if it was through a club fitter or big box store. If it was a club fitter I'd contact them and see if they'll take it back and build it again to your spec since that's what you were expecting. If it was a big box store I'd do the same but not sure how they would handle it but it never hurts to ask and helping you most likely means you'll return as a customer.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

> @Krt22 said:

> > @OldCuss said:

> > OldCuss here. Wish I could solve the problem at hand, but can only confirm, notwithstanding the important insights from physics and chemistry, that absent mass it ain't happenin', and yes, someone or someones ain't gonna be pleased.

>

> Any chance you are related to Popcorn Sutton?

Don’t all y’all go funnin’ on Popcorn now.

Ummmm...I think this took a wrong turn somewhere around Ballsdeep blvd and Spicoli lane. Hahaha just kidding...I don’t really care. It’s been a fun read

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

This thread sums up WRX in a nutshell. Golf nuts comes to a website aimed a golf nuts, comments about something that only we would care about, gets called out by half the posters while the other half agrees with OP (maybe more like 70/30 against OP).

• Like 1

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

> @Jc0 said:

> > @Rory4Pres said:

> > I'm not going to lie, I skipped over a lot of the arguments on this thread. So, your grip should actually weigh around 50-55g I would guess, not 30. Most grips typically weight around that or a little more. Between that and the added glue and tape to hold the head and grip to the shaft, I think it's a lot smaller margin of error than you think.

> > If you get too caught up in specs, it'll drive you crazy. Trust me, I've been there (and still am at times).

> > Simply put, if you don't like the club, move on, probably to a different company, although for me, I'd put Titleist up there close to the top as far as quality goes. There's always going to be a small margin of error (or tolerance) on man made items.

>

> You should actually read then. The grip Titleist puts on this thing is supposed to be about 30g (see their website). The adapter weighs 8g so your shaft is coming in around 70g ignoring epoxie and tape. This is saying your shaft is basically double weight which I doubt. I would double check your scale because tolerance on these things are 1-2g, not enough to be this far off.

This is spot on.

Of course, it’s so reasonable that the OP’s defenders will ignore it—otherwise, they can’t really defend the OP.

> @Krt22 said:

> Any chance you are related to Popcorn Sutton?

Greetings, Krt22. Can trace a line of kin to mid-17th century North Carolina, and by the mid-19th to early 20th most were in North Georgia. Up and down Carolina but now in Georgia, and those that commerced in the bidness that Popcorn also took a liken' to retired a bit before my time (and Popcorn's, as well). Among my mother and father a fondness for Maggie Valley, but not likely kin to Popcorn. Seen photographs of him and he, unlike my ilk, only has two ears and they seem to be in the right place; however I think my clan is probably a lot closer to each other than his.