Tiger with a new putter at Portrush

> @Im_A_Savage said:

> The fact that people cannot agree as to whether a heavier putter is good for fast or slow greens tells you all you need to know about how useless the weight change is to cope with different green speeds.

I don’t think it’s useless at all. I think it’s a matter of preference.

In the Hoofer

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 10.5° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-X
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7-X
TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7-X

Mizuno Pro 225 4i | UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype Utility 110F5

Mizuno Pro 221 5-PW | Project X Rifle 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM9 52°, 56°, 60° | Project X Rifle 6.0

Piretti Teramo Oil Can
Titleist ProV1

Ummmmm...

81 and 15....I’m sure come Thursday what’s in his bag he feels best with.

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

> @scott_Donald said:

> > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > I'd add as much weight as possible to my putter on those greens over there too...would take me forever to get used to basically putting on fairways.

>

> wow you have not played any good links courses then.

He wasn't referring to every links course. He was referring to the slow greens at port rush

> @hwturner17 said:

> > @scott_Donald said:

> > > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > > I'd add as much weight as possible to my putter on those greens over there too...would take me forever to get used to basically putting on fairways.

> >

> > wow you have not played any good links courses then.

>

> He wasn't referring to every links course. He was referring to the slow greens at port rush

I know from chatting to the greenskeepers last year at the Amateur that the R and A keep the greens at the same speed for all their links championships. the greens and fringes are ironed by that thing that goes sideways they down do that to the fairways.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

> @semarlor said:

> Maybe he should have used the new putter. I haven't watched a lot of the round but every putt I've seen has been short.

He’s never putter well on greens you have to smash the ball on. You can tell they are slow. When balls get to , or by the hole , they almost rock backwards as they screech to a stop.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Tiger needs to change up his strategy. He’s not post-accident Hogan; he can’t just show up 4 times a year and expect to win.

In my opinion, Tiger needs to hang up the clubs for the rest of the season, get extremely fit, and be prepared to play a full-schedule next year. Can you imagine Earl’s reaction to Tiger totally immersing himself in celebration after the Masters and barely playing or preparing after the victory for the next 3 majors that he was healthy enough to play in? Remember, that’s what we are being told, is that Tiger is healthy, just “old”.

Tiger NEEDS to get his mind back to where it was prior to the Masters. If he wants to stay competitive, he needs to put that accomplishment behind him immediately and start actually working towards the next one. I’m not trying to educate Tiger; he just needs to get back to what he was doing. The last 3 months have been a gong show. He doesn’t even prepare anymore. He barely even played the host venue prior to the championship.

Augusta truly is his only shot going forward if he continues to prepare like he has the last 3 months.

• Like 2

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

> @PowderedToastMan said:

> Tiger needs to change up his strategy. He’s not post-accident Hogan; he can’t just show up 4 times a year and expect to win.

>

> In my opinion, Tiger needs to hang up the clubs for the rest of the season, get extremely fit, and be prepared to play a full-schedule next year. Can you imagine Earl’s reaction to Tiger totally immersing himself in celebration after the Masters and barely playing or preparing after the victory for the next 3 majors that he was healthy enough to play in? Remember, that’s what we are being told, is that Tiger is healthy, just “old”.

>

> Tiger NEEDS to get his mind back to where it was prior to the Masters. If he wants to stay competitive, he needs to put that accomplishment behind him immediately and start actually working towards the next one. I’m not trying to educate Tiger; he just needs to get back to what he was doing. The last 3 months have been a gong show. He doesn’t even prepare anymore. He barely even played the host venue prior to the championship.

>

> Augusta truly is his only shot going forward if he continues to prepare like he has the last 3 months.

The problem is he can NEVER be extremely fit again, his back simply won't allow that kind of dedication in the gym & on the course.

IMO on courses like this he needs to just hit Irons off the tee and try to get to round 2 at Even Par. Then as the days progress and his back loosens up he can go at it harder.

Ask me how I know??? Because I have major issues with my back and neck in the same spots Tiger does.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

I have back issues as well. I think his fusion alleviates some of the major problems with the lower back, but just puts more pressure on the upper back and neck. I just don't think he can play and practice near as much anymore, so he's going to be rusty or inconsistent. And he's talking about not being able to hit the range for 5 hours a day. Heck, I'm on the range for 1 hour and I need a couple days off.

Cobra King LTD Black

Callaway Epic Flash 3w

Callaway Mavrik 5w

Callaway Mavrik Pro 4h

PING iBlade 5-PW
PING Glide 50°
Titleist Vokey 54° s

Ping Glide 58° es

Bettinardi BB1

> @ignitewvu said:

> > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > Tiger needs to change up his strategy. He’s not post-accident Hogan; he can’t just show up 4 times a year and expect to win.

> >

> > In my opinion, Tiger needs to hang up the clubs for the rest of the season, get extremely fit, and be prepared to play a full-schedule next year. Can you imagine Earl’s reaction to Tiger totally immersing himself in celebration after the Masters and barely playing or preparing after the victory for the next 3 majors that he was healthy enough to play in? Remember, that’s what we are being told, is that Tiger is healthy, just “old”.

> >

> > Tiger NEEDS to get his mind back to where it was prior to the Masters. If he wants to stay competitive, he needs to put that accomplishment behind him immediately and start actually working towards the next one. I’m not trying to educate Tiger; he just needs to get back to what he was doing. The last 3 months have been a gong show. He doesn’t even prepare anymore. He barely even played the host venue prior to the championship.

> >

> > Augusta truly is his only shot going forward if he continues to prepare like he has the last 3 months.

> The problem is he can NEVER be extremely fit again, his back simply won't allow that kind of dedication in the gym & on the course.

> IMO on courses like this he needs to just hit Irons off the tee and try to get to round 2 at Even Par. Then as the days progress and his back loosens up he can go at it harder.

> Ask me how I know??? Because I have major issues with my back and neck in the same spots Tiger does.

You may have similar injuries, but honestly, you aren’t Tiger Woods.

> > @ignitewvu said:

> > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > Tiger needs to change up his strategy. He’s not post-accident Hogan; he can’t just show up 4 times a year and expect to win.

> > >

> > > In my opinion, Tiger needs to hang up the clubs for the rest of the season, get extremely fit, and be prepared to play a full-schedule next year. Can you imagine Earl’s reaction to Tiger totally immersing himself in celebration after the Masters and barely playing or preparing after the victory for the next 3 majors that he was healthy enough to play in? Remember, that’s what we are being told, is that Tiger is healthy, just “old”.

> > >

> > > Tiger NEEDS to get his mind back to where it was prior to the Masters. If he wants to stay competitive, he needs to put that accomplishment behind him immediately and start actually working towards the next one. I’m not trying to educate Tiger; he just needs to get back to what he was doing. The last 3 months have been a gong show. He doesn’t even prepare anymore. He barely even played the host venue prior to the championship.

> > >

> > > Augusta truly is his only shot going forward if he continues to prepare like he has the last 3 months.

> > The problem is he can NEVER be extremely fit again, his back simply won't allow that kind of dedication in the gym & on the course.

> > IMO on courses like this he needs to just hit Irons off the tee and try to get to round 2 at Even Par. Then as the days progress and his back loosens up he can go at it harder.

> > Ask me how I know??? Because I have major issues with my back and neck in the same spots Tiger does.

> You may have similar injuries, but honestly, you aren’t Tiger Woods.

>

It's not worth the risk of injury to get extremly fit again. He seems to be at peace with his current physical condition. Tiger plays golf for Tiger, not Earl.

Agree with you on the preperation. He just needs to play more, at least an event or two before each of the majors. I mean he didn't play API before Augusta, but he had been playing other events.

That being said, I think the condensed schedule really messed up his preparation process this year. He wasn't ready to go for Bethpage or Portrush, and just seemed to have a rough week at Pebble after a solid start at Muirfield Village.

This is TW though, he'll figure it out.

• Like 2

Driver: (10.5) Taylormade SIM2 MAX Graphite Design YS-6X

3-Wood: (13) Taylormade V-Steel Grafalloy ProLite 35X

Hybrid: (18) Ping Rapture Aldlia VS By You 80X

Utility: (21) New Level NLU-01 True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Irons: (5-P) New Level 902 PD True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Gap/Sand: (48, 54) New Level SPN Forged S Grind True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 (48), S400 (54)

Lob: (58) Vokey Wedgeworks T Grind True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
Putter: Tad Moore Pro1 Long Neck

Ball: Snell MTB Black

> @MuniPukeLife said:

> > > @ignitewvu said:

> > > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > > Tiger needs to change up his strategy. He’s not post-accident Hogan; he can’t just show up 4 times a year and expect to win.

> > > >

> > > > In my opinion, Tiger needs to hang up the clubs for the rest of the season, get extremely fit, and be prepared to play a full-schedule next year. Can you imagine Earl’s reaction to Tiger totally immersing himself in celebration after the Masters and barely playing or preparing after the victory for the next 3 majors that he was healthy enough to play in? Remember, that’s what we are being told, is that Tiger is healthy, just “old”.

> > > >

> > > > Tiger NEEDS to get his mind back to where it was prior to the Masters. If he wants to stay competitive, he needs to put that accomplishment behind him immediately and start actually working towards the next one. I’m not trying to educate Tiger; he just needs to get back to what he was doing. The last 3 months have been a gong show. He doesn’t even prepare anymore. He barely even played the host venue prior to the championship.

> > > >

> > > > Augusta truly is his only shot going forward if he continues to prepare like he has the last 3 months.

> > > The problem is he can NEVER be extremely fit again, his back simply won't allow that kind of dedication in the gym & on the course.

> > > IMO on courses like this he needs to just hit Irons off the tee and try to get to round 2 at Even Par. Then as the days progress and his back loosens up he can go at it harder.

> > > Ask me how I know??? Because I have major issues with my back and neck in the same spots Tiger does.

> > You may have similar injuries, but honestly, you aren’t Tiger Woods.

> >

> It's not worth the risk of injury to get extremly fit again. He seems to be at peace with his current physical condition. Tiger plays golf for Tiger, not Earl.

>

> Agree with you on the preperation. He just needs to play more, at least an event or two before each of the majors. I mean he didn't play API before Augusta, but he had been playing other events.

>

> That being said, I think the condensed schedule really messed up his preparation process this year. He wasn't ready to go for Bethpage or Portrush, and just seemed to have a rough week at Pebble after a solid start at Muirfield Village.

>

> This is TW though, he'll figure it out.

Exactly right! It’s TW that we are talking about here and he most definitely will figure it out once again. Everyone should know by now not to bet against T Dubs..

> > @ignitewvu said:

> > > Tiger needs to change up his strategy. He’s not post-accident Hogan; he can’t just show up 4 times a year and expect to win.

> > >

> > > In my opinion, Tiger needs to hang up the clubs for the rest of the season, get extremely fit, and be prepared to play a full-schedule next year. Can you imagine Earl’s reaction to Tiger totally immersing himself in celebration after the Masters and barely playing or preparing after the victory for the next 3 majors that he was healthy enough to play in? Remember, that’s what we are being told, is that Tiger is healthy, just “old”.

> > >

> > > Tiger NEEDS to get his mind back to where it was prior to the Masters. If he wants to stay competitive, he needs to put that accomplishment behind him immediately and start actually working towards the next one. I’m not trying to educate Tiger; he just needs to get back to what he was doing. The last 3 months have been a gong show. He doesn’t even prepare anymore. He barely even played the host venue prior to the championship.

> > >

> > > Augusta truly is his only shot going forward if he continues to prepare like he has the last 3 months.

> > The problem is he can NEVER be extremely fit again, his back simply won't allow that kind of dedication in the gym & on the course.

> > IMO on courses like this he needs to just hit Irons off the tee and try to get to round 2 at Even Par. Then as the days progress and his back loosens up he can go at it harder.

> > Ask me how I know??? Because I have major issues with my back and neck in the same spots Tiger does.

>

I never said I was, but I have 2 bad disks exactly where his are and I know all about the pain and discomfort they can cause on a daily basis. He is hurting, and has been since he gritted to that Masters Victory. When you are wearing K Tape on your neck & right shoulder that tells me he is having disk issues again. That injury tends to cause massive muscle spasm from the top of the neck down to the traps exactly where he is wearing K tape.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

> > @ignitewvu said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

>

I have a friend, a high-level amateur player, who had the exact same set of back surgeries as Tiger. Literally the same surgeries, concluding with a fusion in the same spot. As I've seen with him, you just can't get "extremely fit" and practice/play a lot afterwards. Expecting that Tiger can play a full schedule is ludicrous. He may be Tiger Woods, but the body can only do so much.

The reality is that Tiger put everything he had into his prep for the Masters and he paid the price the rest of the season. He wasn't out of form because of celebrating his Masters win. He was out of form because his body wouldn't let him do it. Huge difference.

• Like 2

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @MuniPukeLife said:

> > > > @ignitewvu said:

> > > > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > > > Tiger needs to change up his strategy. He’s not post-accident Hogan; he can’t just show up 4 times a year and expect to win.

> > > > >

> > > > > In my opinion, Tiger needs to hang up the clubs for the rest of the season, get extremely fit, and be prepared to play a full-schedule next year. Can you imagine Earl’s reaction to Tiger totally immersing himself in celebration after the Masters and barely playing or preparing after the victory for the next 3 majors that he was healthy enough to play in? Remember, that’s what we are being told, is that Tiger is healthy, just “old”.

> > > > >

> > > > > Tiger NEEDS to get his mind back to where it was prior to the Masters. If he wants to stay competitive, he needs to put that accomplishment behind him immediately and start actually working towards the next one. I’m not trying to educate Tiger; he just needs to get back to what he was doing. The last 3 months have been a gong show. He doesn’t even prepare anymore. He barely even played the host venue prior to the championship.

> > > > >

> > > > > Augusta truly is his only shot going forward if he continues to prepare like he has the last 3 months.

> > > > The problem is he can NEVER be extremely fit again, his back simply won't allow that kind of dedication in the gym & on the course.

> > > > IMO on courses like this he needs to just hit Irons off the tee and try to get to round 2 at Even Par. Then as the days progress and his back loosens up he can go at it harder.

> > > > Ask me how I know??? Because I have major issues with my back and neck in the same spots Tiger does.

> > > You may have similar injuries, but honestly, you aren’t Tiger Woods.

> > >

> > It's not worth the risk of injury to get extremly fit again. He seems to be at peace with his current physical condition. Tiger plays golf for Tiger, not Earl.

> >

> > Agree with you on the preperation. He just needs to play more, at least an event or two before each of the majors. I mean he didn't play API before Augusta, but he had been playing other events.

> >

> > That being said, I think the condensed schedule really messed up his preparation process this year. He wasn't ready to go for Bethpage or Portrush, and just seemed to have a rough week at Pebble after a solid start at Muirfield Village.

> >

> > This is TW though, he'll figure it out.

>

> Exactly right! It’s TW that we are talking about here and he most definitely will figure it out once again. Everyone should know by now not to bet against T

> @jll62 said:

> > > @ignitewvu said:

> > > > Tiger needs to change up his strategy. He’s not post-accident Hogan; he can’t just show up 4 times a year and expect to win.

> > > >

> > > > In my opinion, Tiger needs to hang up the clubs for the rest of the season, get extremely fit, and be prepared to play a full-schedule next year. Can you imagine Earl’s reaction to Tiger totally immersing himself in celebration after the Masters and barely playing or preparing after the victory for the next 3 majors that he was healthy enough to play in? Remember, that’s what we are being told, is that Tiger is healthy, just “old”.

> > > >

> > > > Tiger NEEDS to get his mind back to where it was prior to the Masters. If he wants to stay competitive, he needs to put that accomplishment behind him immediately and start actually working towards the next one. I’m not trying to educate Tiger; he just needs to get back to what he was doing. The last 3 months have been a gong show. He doesn’t even prepare anymore. He barely even played the host venue prior to the championship.

> > > >

> > > > Augusta truly is his only shot going forward if he continues to prepare like he has the last 3 months.

> > > The problem is he can NEVER be extremely fit again, his back simply won't allow that kind of dedication in the gym & on the course.

> > > IMO on courses like this he needs to just hit Irons off the tee and try to get to round 2 at Even Par. Then as the days progress and his back loosens up he can go at it harder.

> > > Ask me how I know??? Because I have major issues with my back and neck in the same spots Tiger does.

> > You may have similar injuries, but honestly, you aren’t Tiger Woods.

> >

>

> I have a friend, a high-level amateur player, who had the exact same set of back surgeries as Tiger. Literally the same surgeries, concluding with a fusion in the same spot. As I've seen with him, you just can't get "extremely fit" and practice/play a lot afterwards. Expecting that Tiger can play a full schedule is ludicrous. He may be Tiger Woods, but the body can only do so much.

>

> The reality is that Tiger put everything he had into his prep for the Masters and he paid the price the rest of the season. He wasn't out of form because of celebrating his Masters win. He was out of form because his body wouldn't let him do it. Huge difference.

My entire point is that Tiger was capable of the prep needed to win, then he bagged a major, and suddenly wasn’t able to prepare? You might also remember that he played a full schedule last year.

I have no doubt that he has physical limitations. My point is that he can’t win majors if he’s not playing/practicing. He’s also showing up at tournaments already counting himself out. What the heck is with that?

The cruel joke about the new schedule is that we are going to see Tiger play like 3 out of 4 weeks in a row when it doesn’t even matter. We wanted that during the last 3 majors.

By the way, Tiger clearly was deeply satisfied after winning the Masters in a way we haven’t seen from him before. He’s done everything he wanted and is content with his record. You think that feeling isn’t influencing his desire to practice hard and potentially injure himself? I’m afraid he’s climbed the highest mountain and finding further motivation will be difficult. And it’s not just about his back.

> > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > @MuniPukeLife said:

> > > > > @ignitewvu said:

> > > > > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > > > > Tiger needs to change up his strategy. He’s not post-accident Hogan; he can’t just show up 4 times a year and expect to win.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In my opinion, Tiger needs to hang up the clubs for the rest of the season, get extremely fit, and be prepared to play a full-schedule next year. Can you imagine Earl’s reaction to Tiger totally immersing himself in celebration after the Masters and barely playing or preparing after the victory for the next 3 majors that he was healthy enough to play in? Remember, that’s what we are being told, is that Tiger is healthy, just “old”.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Tiger NEEDS to get his mind back to where it was prior to the Masters. If he wants to stay competitive, he needs to put that accomplishment behind him immediately and start actually working towards the next one. I’m not trying to educate Tiger; he just needs to get back to what he was doing. The last 3 months have been a gong show. He doesn’t even prepare anymore. He barely even played the host venue prior to the championship.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Augusta truly is his only shot going forward if he continues to prepare like he has the last 3 months.

> > > > > The problem is he can NEVER be extremely fit again, his back simply won't allow that kind of dedication in the gym & on the course.

> > > > > IMO on courses like this he needs to just hit Irons off the tee and try to get to round 2 at Even Par. Then as the days progress and his back loosens up he can go at it harder.

> > > > > Ask me how I know??? Because I have major issues with my back and neck in the same spots Tiger does.

> > > > You may have similar injuries, but honestly, you aren’t Tiger Woods.

> > > >

> > > It's not worth the risk of injury to get extremly fit again. He seems to be at peace with his current physical condition. Tiger plays golf for Tiger, not Earl.

> > >

> > > Agree with you on the preperation. He just needs to play more, at least an event or two before each of the majors. I mean he didn't play API before Augusta, but he had been playing other events.

> > >

> > > That being said, I think the condensed schedule really messed up his preparation process this year. He wasn't ready to go for Bethpage or Portrush, and just seemed to have a rough week at Pebble after a solid start at Muirfield Village.

> > >

> > > This is TW though, he'll figure it out.

> >

> > Exactly right! It’s TW that we are talking about here and he most definitely will figure it out once again. Everyone should know by now not to bet against T

>

> > @jll62 said:

> > > > @ignitewvu said:

> > > > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > > > Tiger needs to change up his strategy. He’s not post-accident Hogan; he can’t just show up 4 times a year and expect to win.

> > > > >

> > > > > In my opinion, Tiger needs to hang up the clubs for the rest of the season, get extremely fit, and be prepared to play a full-schedule next year. Can you imagine Earl’s reaction to Tiger totally immersing himself in celebration after the Masters and barely playing or preparing after the victory for the next 3 majors that he was healthy enough to play in? Remember, that’s what we are being told, is that Tiger is healthy, just “old”.

> > > > >

> > > > > Tiger NEEDS to get his mind back to where it was prior to the Masters. If he wants to stay competitive, he needs to put that accomplishment behind him immediately and start actually working towards the next one. I’m not trying to educate Tiger; he just needs to get back to what he was doing. The last 3 months have been a gong show. He doesn’t even prepare anymore. He barely even played the host venue prior to the championship.

> > > > >

> > > > > Augusta truly is his only shot going forward if he continues to prepare like he has the last 3 months.

> > > > The problem is he can NEVER be extremely fit again, his back simply won't allow that kind of dedication in the gym & on the course.

> > > > IMO on courses like this he needs to just hit Irons off the tee and try to get to round 2 at Even Par. Then as the days progress and his back loosens up he can go at it harder.

> > > > Ask me how I know??? Because I have major issues with my back and neck in the same spots Tiger does.

> > > You may have similar injuries, but honestly, you aren’t Tiger Woods.

> > >

> >

> > I have a friend, a high-level amateur player, who had the exact same set of back surgeries as Tiger. Literally the same surgeries, concluding with a fusion in the same spot. As I've seen with him, you just can't get "extremely fit" and practice/play a lot afterwards. Expecting that Tiger can play a full schedule is ludicrous. He may be Tiger Woods, but the body can only do so much.

> >

> > The reality is that Tiger put everything he had into his prep for the Masters and he paid the price the rest of the season. He wasn't out of form because of celebrating his Masters win. He was out of form because his body wouldn't let him do it. Huge difference.

>

> My entire point is that Tiger was capable of the prep needed to win, then he bagged a major, and suddenly wasn’t able to prepare? You might also remember that he played a full schedule last year.

>

> I have no doubt that he has physical limitations. My point is that he can’t win majors if he’s not playing/practicing. He’s also showing up at tournaments already counting himself out. What the heck is with that?

>

> The cruel joke about the new schedule is that we are going to see Tiger play like 3 out of 4 weeks in a row when it doesn’t even matter. We wanted that during the last 3 majors.

>

> By the way, Tiger clearly was deeply satisfied after winning the Masters in a way we haven’t seen from him before. He’s done everything he wanted and is content with his record. You think that feeling isn’t influencing his desire to practice hard and potentially injure himself? I’m afraid he’s climbed the highest mountain and finding further motivation will be difficult. And it’s not just about his back.

You know..i agree with you...well said

• 2 weeks later...