Roll call for Worlds at Pinehurst in 2 weeks

> @tiger1873 said:

> > @leezer99 said:

> > > @kekoa said:

> > > Where are u guys seeing this?

> >

> > Boys 11, all the way at the bottom. Kid shot a 3 day total of 216 (T12) but it says INELIGIBLE

>

> I am just speculating but it sounds like maybe birth certificate may been an issue. Anything else should have said DQ?

>

Could be but he has also played in every world championship for the last few years never out of the top 10.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

> @leezer99 said:

> > @tiger1873 said:

> > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > Where are u guys seeing this?

> > >

> > > Boys 11, all the way at the bottom. Kid shot a 3 day total of 216 (T12) but it says INELIGIBLE

> >

> > I am just speculating but it sounds like maybe birth certificate may been an issue. Anything else should have said DQ?

> >

>

> Could be but he has also played in every world championship for the last few years never out of the top 10.

Is has to be something about the application for the tournament. If it wasn’t then you either see WD or DQ.

To me the only thing that possible make a kid is ineligible is a fake birth certificate or perhaps birthday was during the tournament and they didn’t play in the correct age group.. It hard to imagine anything else. Perhaps someone had dirt and decided to use it and point out the issue. Also it could be they accepted money from someone and violated amateur rules but I can’t figure out how that would happen without it making some sort of news.

Either way something strange is up with that kid.

> @tiger1873 said:

> > @BertGA said:

> > Juiced driver. Does he play an Epic Flash?

>

>

> That should a be DQ if that was the case. I would highly doubt US Kids officials checking a specific driver and then even ruling on it. These clubs are mass produced from Callaway so no way it would be issue.

It was a joke. But you could ask one of the tour pros about those drivers. Just got DQ’d from The Open a couple weeks ago.

> @tiger1873 said:

> > @BertGA said:

> > Juiced driver. Does he play an Epic Flash?

>

>

> That should a be DQ if that was the case. I would highly doubt US Kids officials checking a specific driver and then even ruling on it. These clubs are mass produced from Callaway so no way it would be issue.

Nobody is testing drivers at a kids event.

> @mrshinsa said:

> What would cause someone to become INELIGIBLE after three rounds of championship golf?

He signed an incorrect scorecard day 1. He (or someone) realized it the following day. In normal tourneys that would result in a DQ. In USKG events DQ infractions result in the score of 10 being applied on the hole(s) where the infraction occurred (in this case, #8 day 1).

I’m not sure why that resulted in the “INELIGIBLE” listing at the bottom but am certain that is the cause.

> @"Pinewood Golfer" said:

> > @mrshinsa said:

> > What would cause someone to become INELIGIBLE after three rounds of championship golf?

>

> He signed an incorrect scorecard day 1. He (or someone) realized it the following day. In normal tourneys that would result in a DQ. In USKG events DQ infractions result in the score of 10 being applied on the hole(s) where the infraction occurred (in this case, #8 day 1).

>

> I’m not sure why that resulted in the “INELIGIBLE” listing at the bottom but am certain that is the cause.

Yikes thats tough but my son did the same thing and lost a Regional. Hope it never happens again.

> > @mrshinsa said:

> > What would cause someone to become INELIGIBLE after three rounds of championship golf?

>

> He signed an incorrect scorecard day 1. He (or someone) realized it the following day. In normal tourneys that would result in a DQ. In USKG events DQ infractions result in the score of 10 being applied on the hole(s) where the infraction occurred (in this case, #8 day 1).

>

> I’m not sure why that resulted in the “INELIGIBLE” listing at the bottom but am certain that is the cause.

So...no birther conspiracy??? ?

> > @mrshinsa said:

>

>

I dunno, but that doesn't sound right. If any scores are deemed incorrect, it is and should be addressed at the table. After all the players have agreed and the score cards are signed, they are final. I don't see how it can be retracted days later. Even then, it will result in a DQ, not INELIGIBLE.

If it was signing the wrong scorecard, how did the officials or others find out? My kids signature looks like worms crawling on paper. Good luck trying to match his name to the card.

Also, if he was DQed for the first day, he still continued to play the rest of the tournament?

Something doesn't add up...

> @mrshinsa said:

> > @"Pinewood Golfer" said:

> > > @mrshinsa said:

> > > What would cause someone to become INELIGIBLE after three rounds of championship golf?

> >

> > He signed an incorrect scorecard day 1. He (or someone) realized it the following day. In normal tourneys that would result in a DQ. In USKG events DQ infractions result in the score of 10 being applied on the hole(s) where the infraction occurred (in this case, #8 day 1).

> >

> > I’m not sure why that resulted in the “INELIGIBLE” listing at the bottom but am certain that is the cause.

>

> I dunno, but that doesn't sound right. If any scores are deemed incorrect, it is and should be addressed at the table. After all the players have agreed and the score cards are signed, they are final. I don't see how it can be retracted days later. Even then, it will result in a DQ, not INELIGIBLE.

> If it was signing the wrong scorecard, how did the officials or others find out? My kids signature looks like worms crawling on paper. Good luck trying to match his name to the card.

> Also, if he was DQed for the first day, he still continued to play the rest of the tournament?

> Something doesn't add up...

>

Same thing happened to a friend of ours in 9’s last year. Kid and marker signed the card. Dad noticed that night that it was wrong and had his kid go to scorer the next day to tell them.

You’re correct that in most tourneys this is an auto-DQ. But USKG has a rule that a non-behavior related rules infraction that would otherwise result in DQ will result in a 10 in the hole where the infraction occurred.

Since, in the 11 year old & up, this is a JGS ranked event, my guess is they have to, effectively, disqualify him for purposes of turning in results. But their policy allows the player to continue competing.

The 9-year old last year didn’t have his score listed as ineligible

> Since, in the 11 year old & up, this is a JGS ranked event, my guess is they have to, effectively, disqualify him for purposes of turning in results. But their policy allows the player to continue competing.

>

> The 9-year old last year didn’t have his score listed as ineligible

10 year old scores go in to JGS as well.

> @leezer99 said:

> > @"Pinewood Golfer" said:

> > Since, in the 11 year old & up, this is a JGS ranked event, my guess is they have to, effectively, disqualify him for purposes of turning in results. But their policy allows the player to continue competing.

> >

> > The 9-year old last year didn’t have his score listed as ineligible

>

> 10 year old scores go in to JGS as well.

no

> @CTgolf said:

> > @leezer99 said:

> > > @"Pinewood Golfer" said:

> > > Since, in the 11 year old & up, this is a JGS ranked event, my guess is they have to, effectively, disqualify him for purposes of turning in results. But their policy allows the player to continue competing.

> > >

> > > The 9-year old last year didn’t have his score listed as ineligible

> >

> > 10 year old scores go in to JGS as well.

>

> no

no?

> @mrshinsa said:

> > @AUSweeper said:

> > Saw them at a regional maybe 2 years ago now. They had it plastered on the back window of their SUV that he was the world champion. Then played a practice round in the group behind them. Busy course, they are playing 4 balls and backing everything up. They don’t come across as the types that actually have fun out there, was more of a job. That was the impression I got anyway.

> This...

> 0pp9mp3e2ic4.jpg

>

Not like he had that made its from the parade where previous world champs ride in part of the parade.

> @leezer99 said:

> > @CTgolf said:

> > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > @"Pinewood Golfer" said:

> > > > Since, in the 11 year old & up, this is a JGS ranked event, my guess is they have to, effectively, disqualify him for purposes of turning in results. But their policy allows the player to continue competing.

> > > >

> > > > The 9-year old last year didn’t have his score listed as ineligible

> > >

> > > 10 year old scores go in to JGS as well.

> >

> > no

>

> no?

"Eligibility

To be eligible to be ranked in The Junior Golf Scoreboard rankings a player must meet the following criteria.

Have competed in an age group that:

is greater than 10yrs old, (Age Groups 10-11, 10-12, 10-13, etc. are acceptable)"

> @CTgolf said:

> > @leezer99 said:

> > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > > @"Pinewood Golfer" said:

> > > > > Since, in the 11 year old & up, this is a JGS ranked event, my guess is they have to, effectively, disqualify him for purposes of turning in results. But their policy allows the player to continue competing.

> > > > >

> > > > > The 9-year old last year didn’t have his score listed as ineligible

> > > >

> > > > 10 year old scores go in to JGS as well.

> > >

> > > no

> >

> > no?

> "Eligibility

> To be eligible to be ranked in The Junior Golf Scoreboard rankings a player must meet the following criteria.

> ....

> Have competed in an age group that:

> is greater than 10yrs old, (Age Groups 10-11, 10-12, 10-13, etc. are acceptable)"

>

But I see us kids regionals posted to JGS for 10 year olds.

> @leezer99 said:

> > @CTgolf said:

> > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > > > @"Pinewood Golfer" said:

> > > > > > Since, in the 11 year old & up, this is a JGS ranked event, my guess is they have to, effectively, disqualify him for purposes of turning in results. But their policy allows the player to continue competing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The 9-year old last year didn’t have his score listed as ineligible

> > > > >

> > > > > 10 year old scores go in to JGS as well.

> > > >

> > > > no

> > >

> > > no?

> > "Eligibility

> > To be eligible to be ranked in The Junior Golf Scoreboard rankings a player must meet the following criteria.

> > ....

> > Have competed in an age group that:

> > is greater than 10yrs old, (Age Groups 10-11, 10-12, 10-13, etc. are acceptable)"

> >

>

> But I see us kids regionals posted to JGS for 10 year olds.

No you don’t.

After 6 straight days of golf and caddying 135 holes, here's my take.

- Do try the breakfast at Carolina. My kids are picky eaters, and I was so happy to see my son gulf down two omelets each sitting.

- Bermuda greens. Tricky little beast.

- Boys 11, seriously think about upgrading to adult clubs before you come. Otherwise you'll be bringing knives to a gunfight.

- Do play the Cradle, but don't let your wife play with your kids clubs. Otherwise you'll be running around like a headless chicken trying to find that missing club.

- Do go at least once, and when they are young. I've talked to parents who've been to all three big junior championships, and they all say Pinehurst is the better event in terms of setup and experience.

> @tiger1873 said:

> > @leezer99 said:

> > > @tiger1873 said:

> > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > Where are u guys seeing this?

> > > >

> > > > Boys 11, all the way at the bottom. Kid shot a 3 day total of 216 (T12) but it says INELIGIBLE

> > >

> > > I am just speculating but it sounds like maybe birth certificate may been an issue. Anything else should have said DQ?

> > >

> >

> > Could be but he has also played in every world championship for the last few years never out of the top 10.

> Is has to be something about the application for the tournament. If it wasn’t then you either see WD or DQ.

>

> To me the only thing that possible make a kid is ineligible is a fake birth certificate or perhaps birthday was during the tournament and they didn’t play in the correct age group.. It hard to imagine anything else. Perhaps someone had dirt and decided to use it and point out the issue. Also it could be they accepted money from someone and violated amateur rules but I can’t figure out how that would happen without it making some sort of news.

>

> Either way something strange is up with that kid.

inte

> @mrshinsa said:

> After 6 straight days of golf and caddying 135 holes, here's my take.

>

> - Do try the breakfast at Carolina. My kids are picky eaters, and I was so happy to see my son gulf down two omelets each sitting.

> - Bermuda greens. Tricky little beast.

> - Boys 11, seriously think about upgrading to adult clubs before you come. Otherwise you'll be bringing knives to a gunfight.

> - Do play the Cradle, but don't let your wife play with your kids clubs. Otherwise you'll be running around like a headless chicken trying to find that missing club.

> - Do go at least once, and when they are young. I've talked to parents who've been to all three big junior championships, and they all say Pinehurst is the better event in terms of setup and experience.

>

Love this. I will add:

- dont let your son take the yardage/greens notes book out of the bag at the hotel for who knows why....day 2 it is nowhere to be found. Funny enough, that day was his best score. Does pay to keep notes on greens there, several headscratchers.