TS 1 DISAPPOINTMENT

> @1Mordrid1 said:

> The question to me is not whether or not the driver received from the OEM's total weight is off, the question is what are realistic expectations from commercially available golf equipment.

>

> Can we really expect Titleist, Callaway, Taylormade, and Cobra to weigh every component from every club they assemble. And then turn around and weigh the finished club as well. Or should those of us who are going to be that specific about a club's final weight, be going to a specialty fitting shop like Cool Clubs or Club Champion or even a tour van fitting, to where you are "paying" for that extra attention to detail. There is a lot wider margin for getting a correct swingweight than there is for trying to have an exact total weight.

>

> I try to have no delusions when dealing with OEMs. Their goal is balance moving as much product as they can, while maximizing profit. Unfortunately this means there will be less attention to detail. How many times have we all ordered clubs direct from the OEM or through a large retailer with specific specs, just to get them in with at least one or 2 clubs way out of spec in respect to the other clubs. Is this right? NO. But is this within the margin of error of the industry standard ? Unfortunately YES. But in most cases, you can send the club right back to the OEM and they will correct any major oversights. But IMO there is a difference in expecting clubs to be bent to the right loft and lie, and expecting a club to come in at an exact total weight. One requires a lot more detail.

>

> So this is just my opinion. If someone is extremely particular about their clubs, and wants a very personalized and detailed experience then they should either be assembling them on their own, or having a "specialized" fitter building their clubs. Anyone buying from a large retail outlet or directly from the OEM and expecting an extremely personalized and detailed experience will more likely than not end up disappointed.

I agree and have mentioned several times I don’t even bother with custom ordering anything but the shafts and just bend the lofts and lies or adjust weight as needed when I get them. This is 25 grams, most likely something stupid like the wrong grip was installed at the factory. I didn’t think the op was being overly picky just perplexed by what it’s off that much.

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

It’s still a very light total weight. Will 25grs of reduced overall weight really provide that much benefit? I understand you feel the tolerances are off. It could be with such a light build they needed to increase the headweight to bring the driver to a respectable swingweight. Hitting tight overall weight targets can be very challenging for even the best builders. If all of the components have a variance that will add up fast. Just to add perspective, I just weighed 3 Sharpie pens and it was 28grs.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

> @mogc60 said:

> > @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > > @mogc60 said:

> > > > @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > > > > @mogc60 said:

> > > > > Fight like cats back and forth about it of course. Poor guy just wanted a 275 gram driver for Pete’s sake. ****in Titleist

> > > >

> > > > That’s the point though. We don’t know that Titleist is the cause of this problem and, if they are, that this is an issue beyond this one shaft.

> > > >

> > > > The OP wouldn’t be the first poster to make a false claim here or on the Internet.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Let’s assume just for fun that the OP is actually being honest. It’s 25 grams off...that would be a Titleist issue. Can’t blame everything on the internet or the government or intels incels or infidels...

> >

> > And how would the shaft be that far off? The OP reports the shaft is the 40 gram version with the 30 gram grip.

>

> Did I ever say the shaft was off? It’s 25 grams too heavy. My guess is the grip but regardless it’s 25 grams off. The guy said he contacted Titleist and waiting on a response and asked for any ideas on what it could be. Then gets his **** ate for pointing out that the holy kingdom of Titleist and it’s band of brothers goofed on this one. Had he said it was a Wilson everyone would have sent him a gift card and told him how right he is.

But the OP said the grip was 30 grams and you’re believing the OP so it can’t be the grip as far as you’re concerned.

BTW, I mentioned well before you that it’s probably the grip.

> @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > @mogc60 said:

> > > @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > > > @mogc60 said:

> > > > > @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > > > > > @mogc60 said:

> > > > > > Fight like cats back and forth about it of course. Poor guy just wanted a 275 gram driver for Pete’s sake. ****in Titleist

> > > > >

> > > > > That’s the point though. We don’t know that Titleist is the cause of this problem and, if they are, that this is an issue beyond this one shaft.

> > > > >

> > > > > The OP wouldn’t be the first poster to make a false claim here or on the Internet.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Let’s assume just for fun that the OP is actually being honest. It’s 25 grams off...that would be a Titleist issue. Can’t blame everything on the internet or the government or intels incels or infidels...

> > >

> > > And how would the shaft be that far off? The OP reports the shaft is the 40 gram version with the 30 gram grip.

> >

> > Did I ever say the shaft was off? It’s 25 grams too heavy. My guess is the grip but regardless it’s 25 grams off. The guy said he contacted Titleist and waiting on a response and asked for any ideas on what it could be. Then gets his **** ate for pointing out that the holy kingdom of Titleist and it’s band of brothers goofed on this one. Had he said it was a Wilson everyone would have sent him a gift card and told him how right he is.

>

> But the OP said the grip was 30 grams and you’re believing the OP so it can’t be the grip as far as you’re concerned.

>

> BTW, I mentioned well before you that it’s probably the grip.

He said it’s supposed to be 30. You win the ops a liar and a big slicer.

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

Let me set the record straight on the OP from me:

I am 66 / 7 hdcp now / played for 53 years/ owned from 1994 to 2008 a local CDN.golf dist.for GD/ ALDILA / BOBBY GRACE/ G.LOOMIS/BETTINARDI/BOBBY JONES/KASCO /SAMPUTT etc and did shaft fitting for CDN tour for 8 years with ALDILA building clubs and irons for WALKER CUP/ AUSTRALASIAN TOUR /CDN AM -Mid Am and many event and provincial winners inc .I also sold to pro shops in 3 provinces. ALDILA was in the practice of sending me new protos before release to get pro feedback based on performance before release .Remember the " green lizard" and the " cinnamon"? I built for Remax long drives as well with cryogenic cooled heads to increase hardness.I even did fitting for Mizuno with

Loomis tour product before their custom dept went to the U.S. I have had considerable technical equipment at my disposal inc . the ability to measure torque on any shaft . When I have built clubs ; all grips / shafts and heads are weight sorted to exact tolerances beyond normal OEM tolerances and adjustments made

My point here is to say : my scale is not imperfect. The Titleist rep knows me and is already sending a new TS1 based on my over the phone info .The TS 1 is the lightest 460 cc head in the industry right now that I believe has the best adapter system TO AID IN CREATING a longer driver for those who can handle it with proper face angle and loft.

My current driver is a g400 10.5 w/o weight at 203 gram/ tv 25 grip / IZ 4 R1 tipped at 46" o/a FOR A WEIGHT OF 285 GRAMS.

This Ts 1 purchase is to see if LA numbers can beat the G400. !!!

END OF STORY !!!! for those of you who commented so negatively.

• Like 1

> @pricenicky said:

> Let me set the record straight on the OP from me:

> I am 66 / 7 hdcp now / played for 53 years/ owned from 1994 to 2008 a local CDN.golf dist.for GD/ ALDILA / BOBBY GRACE/ G.LOOMIS/BETTINARDI/BOBBY JONES/KASCO /SAMPUTT etc and did shaft fitting for CDN tour for 8 years with ALDILA building clubs and irons for WALKER CUP/ AUSTRALASIAN TOUR /CDN AM -Mid Am and many event and provincial winners inc .I also sold to pro shops in 3 provinces. ALDILA was in the practice of sending me new protos before release to get pro feedback based on performance before release .Remember the " green lizard" and the " cinnamon"? I built for Remax long drives as well with cryogenic cooled heads to increase hardness.I even did fitting for Mizuno with

> Loomis tour product before their custom dept went to the U.S. I have had considerable technical equipment at my disposal inc . the ability to measure torque on any shaft . When I have built clubs ; all grips / shafts and heads are weight sorted to exact tolerances beyond normal OEM tolerances and adjustments made

>

> My point here is to say : my scale is not imperfect. The Titleist rep knows me and is already sending a new TS1 based on my over the phone info .The TS 1 is the lightest 460 cc head in the industry right now that I believe has the best adapter system TO AID IN CREATING a longer driver for those who can handle it with proper face angle and loft.

> My current driver is a g400 10.5 w/o weight at 203 gram/ tv 25 grip / IZ 4 R1 tipped at 46" o/a FOR A WEIGHT OF 285 GRAMS.

> This Ts 1 purchase is to see if LA numbers can beat the G400. !!!

>

> END OF STORY !!!! for those of you who commented so negatively.

>

>

So why was the assembled shaft overweight by 25 grams? Do you have any idea?

And do you think this is a recurring problem with Titleist and this driver? I'm trying to understand the point of your original post. Was it to warn others or was it just venting?

> @pricenicky said:

> no it is the correct 30 gram grip.Thanks for the idea but that was checked 1st.

Then this is inexplicable. You've got a head that can't be more than 200g, even with a collar. The shaft is 48g uncut; cut it's less. Add another couple of grams for epoxy and tape, and it's hard to get the ungripped club above 250g. If the extra weight is not the grip, then I can't imagine where it is. Pull of the moon? Space aliens?

• Like 2