My swing evolution... YTube

N0rs3man

> @NikeGolferTX said:

> This is the worst swing instruction video in existence.

>

Nearly all of that seem good to me

Titleist TSi3 8° - HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60TX

Titleist TS3 15° - HZRDUS Black (Hand Crafted) 70TX

Titleist 818 H2 19° - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Ping i200 - SteelFiber i125x

Edison - SteelFiber i125s

LAB DF 2.1 Armlock - LAGP

Snell MTB-X

> @N0rs3man said:

> I have watched a few of this guy's youtube videos. Hes got some decent stuff.

>

> In one of his videos he said that when you look at junior champs, and many pros that alot of them dont even know what EE, OTT, casting, ect even is... They just hit it naturally from a younger age and never really worried about all this technical lingo. That more than anything really got my attention..

>

> The golf swing isnt complicated.. I feel like people are making it sooo complex and are plagued with swing thoughts. Maybe we should just walk up and hit it sometime.

Dude, you are right on. Thank you. 3 hcp here, never had a lesson, never will get one. What a joke, never have met anyone that has shown major improvement after lessons. My clubs are off the shelves, over ten years old, have no idea about bounce or lie angles. I read the stuff here, and all this technical stuff, and wonder how some of the guys here can even get a fork to their mouths. It is really not that hard. A lot of folks are laughing to the bank selling hope. Most golfers are not poor, so a lot of money to burn I guess. Many worse ways to spend your money for sure.

But no doubt, all this technical jargon and all these endless tips, it is but comedy. Just once, go to the range, no thoughts, and just swing and let it happen. Not hard, but boy do some of you and these so called instructors make it hard. LOL!

I

> @aenemated said:

> > @glk said:

> > > @aenemated said:

> > > > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > > This is the worst swing instruction video in existence.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Comment checks out.

> >

> > Not this? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zxQ4FYdDaMA&list=PL38D4F28791BA3A3E&index=15&t=0s

>

> Expert Village has been playing a long troll game for like a decade or more. Constantly delivering the lolz.

I was wondering about that, i was like this dude cant be serious...”look out ball here i come!” And he sounded like he was about to pass out after one swing

> @Wesquire said:

> > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > This is the worst swing instruction video in existence.

> >

>

> Nearly all of that seem good to me

No. Sergio actually gets width in transition which is why he's so shallow.

They are prescribing it to getting narrow as soon as possible which generally leads to extension at impact.

Slow the video down and the kid is under rotated, steep and flipping at the bottom.

> @NikeGolferTX said:

> > @Wesquire said:

> > > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > This is the worst swing instruction video in existence.

> > >

> >

> > Nearly all of that seem good to me

>

> No. Sergio actually gets width in transition which is why he's so shallow.

> They are prescribing it to getting narrow as soon as possible which generally leads to extension at impact.

>

> Slow the video down and the kid is under rotated, steep and flipping at the bottom.

Sergio drops his hands and the club in transition like that guy is trying to do. The biggest issue I see is he is cupping his lead wrist while doing it. That's probably why he is flipping.

Snell MTB-X

> @Wesquire said:

> > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > This is the worst swing instruction video in existence.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Nearly all of that seem good to me

> >

> > No. Sergio actually gets width in transition which is why he's so shallow.

> > They are prescribing it to getting narrow as soon as possible which generally leads to extension at impact.

> >

> > Slow the video down and the kid is under rotated, steep and flipping at the bottom.

>

> Sergio drops his hands and the club in transition like that guy is trying to do. The biggest issue I see is he is cupping his lead wrist while doing it. That's probably why he is flipping.

No he doesn't. Sergio widens his right arm in transition, then he gets narrow towards impact.

> @NikeGolferTX said:

> > @Wesquire said:

> > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > > > This is the worst swing instruction video in existence.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Nearly all of that seem good to me

> > >

> > > No. Sergio actually gets width in transition which is why he's so shallow.

> > > They are prescribing it to getting narrow as soon as possible which generally leads to extension at impact.

> > >

> > > Slow the video down and the kid is under rotated, steep and flipping at the bottom.

> >

> > Sergio drops his hands and the club in transition like that guy is trying to do. The biggest issue I see is he is cupping his lead wrist while doing it. That's probably why he is flipping.

>

> No he doesn't. Sergio widens his right arm in transition, then he gets narrow towards impact.

Yeah that video is a complete misunderstanding of what Sergio does. His “lag” is an illusion based on 2d camera angles and as noted he really gets his hands away from his right shoulder a lot - couple that with some super human late right side bend and . . .

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

> @NikeGolferTX said:

> > @Wesquire said:

> > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Nearly all of that seem good to me

> > >

> > > No. Sergio actually gets width in transition which is why he's so shallow.

> > > They are prescribing it to getting narrow as soon as possible which generally leads to extension at impact.

> > >

> > > Slow the video down and the kid is under rotated, steep and flipping at the bottom.

> >

> > Sergio drops his hands and the club in transition like that guy is trying to do. The biggest issue I see is he is cupping his lead wrist while doing it. That's probably why he is flipping.

>

> No he doesn't. Sergio widens his right arm in transition, then he gets narrow towards impact.

dx8tt43in3vi.jpg

c7v1ub1wmu05.jpg

Snell MTB-X

> @glk said:

> > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > > > > This is the worst swing instruction video in existence.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Nearly all of that seem good to me

> > > >

> > > > No. Sergio actually gets width in transition which is why he's so shallow.

> > > > They are prescribing it to getting narrow as soon as possible which generally leads to extension at impact.

> > > >

> > > > Slow the video down and the kid is under rotated, steep and flipping at the bottom.

> > >

> > > Sergio drops his hands and the club in transition like that guy is trying to do. The biggest issue I see is he is cupping his lead wrist while doing it. That's probably why he is flipping.

> >

> > No he doesn't. Sergio widens his right arm in transition, then he gets narrow towards impact.

> Yeah that video is a complete misunderstanding of what Sergio does. His “lag” is an illusion based on 2d camera angles and as noted he really gets his hands away from his right shoulder a lot - couple that with some super human late right side bend and . . .

>

>

Yep.

I just went outside and tried it on a practice swing. Look how shallow I am, and just as you said, lots of right side bend:

• Like 1

> @Wesquire said:

> > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > This is the worst swing instruction video in existence.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Nearly all of that seem good to me

> > > >

> > > > No. Sergio actually gets width in transition which is why he's so shallow.

> > > > They are prescribing it to getting narrow as soon as possible which generally leads to extension at impact.

> > > >

> > > > Slow the video down and the kid is under rotated, steep and flipping at the bottom.

> > >

> > > Sergio drops his hands and the club in transition like that guy is trying to do. The biggest issue I see is he is cupping his lead wrist while doing it. That's probably why he is flipping.

> >

> > No he doesn't. Sergio widens his right arm in transition, then he gets narrow towards impact.

>

> dx8tt43in3vi.jpg

>

> c7v1ub1wmu05.jpg

>

>

...that's a LOT of width!

> @NikeGolferTX said:

> > @Wesquire said:

> > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > > > > > This is the worst swing instruction video in existence.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nearly all of that seem good to me

> > > > >

> > > > > No. Sergio actually gets width in transition which is why he's so shallow.

> > > > > They are prescribing it to getting narrow as soon as possible which generally leads to extension at impact.

> > > > >

> > > > > Slow the video down and the kid is under rotated, steep and flipping at the bottom.

> > > >

> > > > Sergio drops his hands and the club in transition like that guy is trying to do. The biggest issue I see is he is cupping his lead wrist while doing it. That's probably why he is flipping.

> > >

> > > No he doesn't. Sergio widens his right arm in transition, then he gets narrow towards impact.

> >

> > dx8tt43in3vi.jpg

> >

> > c7v1ub1wmu05.jpg

> >

> >

> ...that's a LOT of width!

>

No1 said he is not maintaining a lot of width. You said he gets wider in transition and that he doesnt drop his arms.

Snell MTB-X

> @Wesquire said:

> > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > > > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > > > > > > This is the worst swing instruction video in existence.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nearly all of that seem good to me

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No. Sergio actually gets width in transition which is why he's so shallow.

> > > > > > They are prescribing it to getting narrow as soon as possible which generally leads to extension at impact.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Slow the video down and the kid is under rotated, steep and flipping at the bottom.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sergio drops his hands and the club in transition like that guy is trying to do. The biggest issue I see is he is cupping his lead wrist while doing it. That's probably why he is flipping.

> > > >

> > > > No he doesn't. Sergio widens his right arm in transition, then he gets narrow towards impact.

> > >

> > > dx8tt43in3vi.jpg

> > >

> > > c7v1ub1wmu05.jpg

> > >

> > >

> > ...that's a LOT of width!

> >

>

> No1 said he is not maintaining a lot of width. You said he gets wider in transition and that he doesnt drop his arms.

I never said anything about dropping the arms?

At the top of the backswing he maintains the width, he gets even wider in the initial transition, then he gets narrow towards impact. This is hallmark of really good shallow swings.

The kid on the video is squeezing his right arm together like you would with a dumbbell lift. Swing mechanics 101: that creates a steep transition.

> @NikeGolferTX said:

> > @Wesquire said:

> > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > > > > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > > > > > > > This is the worst swing instruction video in existence.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nearly all of that seem good to me

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No. Sergio actually gets width in transition which is why he's so shallow.

> > > > > > > They are prescribing it to getting narrow as soon as possible which generally leads to extension at impact.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Slow the video down and the kid is under rotated, steep and flipping at the bottom.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sergio drops his hands and the club in transition like that guy is trying to do. The biggest issue I see is he is cupping his lead wrist while doing it. That's probably why he is flipping.

> > > > >

> > > > > No he doesn't. Sergio widens his right arm in transition, then he gets narrow towards impact.

> > > >

> > > > dx8tt43in3vi.jpg

> > > >

> > > > c7v1ub1wmu05.jpg

> > > >

> > > >

> > > ...that's a LOT of width!

> > >

> >

> > No1 said he is not maintaining a lot of width. You said he gets wider in transition and that he doesnt drop his arms.

>

> I never said anything about dropping the arms?

> At the top of the backswing he maintains the width, he gets even wider in the initial transition, then he gets narrow towards impact. This is hallmark of really good shallow swings.

> The kid on the video is squeezing his right arm together like you would with a dumbbell lift. Swing mechanics 101: that creates a steep transition.

I said Sergio drops his hands in transition and your response was "No he doesnt".

Snell MTB-X

Here's what Sergio really does

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

> @Wesquire said:

> > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > > > > > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > > > > > > > > This is the worst swing instruction video in existence.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Nearly all of that seem good to me

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No. Sergio actually gets width in transition which is why he's so shallow.

> > > > > > > > They are prescribing it to getting narrow as soon as possible which generally leads to extension at impact.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Slow the video down and the kid is under rotated, steep and flipping at the bottom.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sergio drops his hands and the club in transition like that guy is trying to do. The biggest issue I see is he is cupping his lead wrist while doing it. That's probably why he is flipping.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No he doesn't. Sergio widens his right arm in transition, then he gets narrow towards impact.

> > > > >

> > > > > dx8tt43in3vi.jpg

> > > > >

> > > > > c7v1ub1wmu05.jpg

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > ...that's a LOT of width!

> > > >

> > >

> > > No1 said he is not maintaining a lot of width. You said he gets wider in transition and that he doesnt drop his arms.

> >

> > I never said anything about dropping the arms?

> > At the top of the backswing he maintains the width, he gets even wider in the initial transition, then he gets narrow towards impact. This is hallmark of really good shallow swings.

> > The kid on the video is squeezing his right arm together like you would with a dumbbell lift. Swing mechanics 101: that creates a steep transition.

>

> I said Sergio drops his hands in transition and your response was "No he doesnt".

Maybe we have a different definition on dropping the hands. I'm not even sure what you mean by that. His right hand is lower, but that's not a active drop or downward movement with the hands, it's the combination of many things.

Body rotation + External right shoulder/arm rotation + Width + ulnar deviation = Shallow.

Do you agree?

> @NikeGolferTX said:

> > @Wesquire said:

> > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > > > > > > > > > This is the worst swing instruction video in existence.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Nearly all of that seem good to me

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No. Sergio actually gets width in transition which is why he's so shallow.

> > > > > > > > > They are prescribing it to getting narrow as soon as possible which generally leads to extension at impact.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Slow the video down and the kid is under rotated, steep and flipping at the bottom.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sergio drops his hands and the club in transition like that guy is trying to do. The biggest issue I see is he is cupping his lead wrist while doing it. That's probably why he is flipping.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No he doesn't. Sergio widens his right arm in transition, then he gets narrow towards impact.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > dx8tt43in3vi.jpg

> > > > > >

> > > > > > c7v1ub1wmu05.jpg

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > ...that's a LOT of width!

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > No1 said he is not maintaining a lot of width. You said he gets wider in transition and that he doesnt drop his arms.

> > >

> > > I never said anything about dropping the arms?

> > > At the top of the backswing he maintains the width, he gets even wider in the initial transition, then he gets narrow towards impact. This is hallmark of really good shallow swings.

> > > The kid on the video is squeezing his right arm together like you would with a dumbbell lift. Swing mechanics 101: that creates a steep transition.

> >

> > I said Sergio drops his hands in transition and your response was "No he doesnt".

> Maybe we have a different definition on dropping the hands. I'm not even sure what you mean by that. His right hand is lower, but that's not a active drop or downward movement with the hands, it's the combination of many things.

> Body rotation + External right shoulder/arm rotation + Width + ulnar deviation = Shallow.

> Do you agree?

>

Of course it is a combination of many things. However, Sergio does not have much early torso rotation. His arms/hands drop vertically a lot in transition. That alone is a shallowing move (assuming the shaft drops with it without changing the orientation). That is the main point the guy in MSE was talking about. It is also the move that causes the "super lag" illusion from a face on view, because it is much flatter.

Snell MTB-X

> @NikeGolferTX said:

> > @glk said:

> > Here's what Sergio really does

> >

> You can really see it from the behind the back view.

> Right arm is almost parallel with the ground. Crazy!

Yeah is narrowing look is due to the camera angle and asnoted in Tyler's video how he really delays turning this torso - his right arm continues to widen throughout the down swing - best seen down the line - iteach used his as a poster boy for straightening the right arm in the thread I attached a few posts ago - people thought he and Hogan kept that right arm bent until late in the downswing but nothing could be further from the truth. btw, the gravityfit is great at work on this cause you have to extend that trail arm in the downswing or the bands go slack on you - great feedback - and it doesn't more than just help you with maintaining width - my golf aid shill of the day.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

> @Wesquire said:

> > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > > > > > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > This is the worst swing instruction video in existence.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Nearly all of that seem good to me

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > No. Sergio actually gets width in transition which is why he's so shallow.

> > > > > > > > > > They are prescribing it to getting narrow as soon as possible which generally leads to extension at impact.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Slow the video down and the kid is under rotated, steep and flipping at the bottom.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Sergio drops his hands and the club in transition like that guy is trying to do. The biggest issue I see is he is cupping his lead wrist while doing it. That's probably why he is flipping.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No he doesn't. Sergio widens his right arm in transition, then he gets narrow towards impact.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > dx8tt43in3vi.jpg

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > c7v1ub1wmu05.jpg

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > ...that's a LOT of width!

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > No1 said he is not maintaining a lot of width. You said he gets wider in transition and that he doesnt drop his arms.

> > > >

> > > > I never said anything about dropping the arms?

> > > > At the top of the backswing he maintains the width, he gets even wider in the initial transition, then he gets narrow towards impact. This is hallmark of really good shallow swings.

> > > > The kid on the video is squeezing his right arm together like you would with a dumbbell lift. Swing mechanics 101: that creates a steep transition.

> > >

> > > I said Sergio drops his hands in transition and your response was "No he doesnt".

> > Maybe we have a different definition on dropping the hands. I'm not even sure what you mean by that. His right hand is lower, but that's not a active drop or downward movement with the hands, it's the combination of many things.

> > Body rotation + External right shoulder/arm rotation + Width + ulnar deviation = Shallow.

> > Do you agree?

> >

>

> Of course it is a combination of many things. However, Sergio does not have much early torso rotation. His arms/hands drop vertically a lot in transition. That alone is a shallowing move (assuming the shaft drops with it without changing the orientation). That is the main point the guy in MSE was talking about.

That's right bend causing that. Separation of the lower and upper body requires right bend or your upper body will lean towards the target. Just like GLK says, a lot of it is illusion.

Good luck getting shallow by pulling the hands down and squeezing the right arm together like MSE video prescribes. Do you see how shallow I am?

> @Red4282 said:

> > @aenemated said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > > @aenemated said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Comment checks out.

> > >

> > > Not this? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zxQ4FYdDaMA&list=PL38D4F28791BA3A3E&index=15&t=0s

> >

> > Expert Village has been playing a long troll game for like a decade or more. Constantly delivering the lolz.

>

> I was wondering about that, i was like this dude cant be serious...”look out ball here i come!” And he sounded like he was about to pass out after one swing

>

>

He's as serious as a heart attack - has more than a dozen videos - even had a website - DeNuts and DeBolts of the golf swing - what he desribes is actually pretty good - it's his presentation that cracks me up - the right toe move, keep your eye on the thought, and look out ball here I come.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

> @NikeGolferTX said:

> > @Wesquire said:

> > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > This is the worst swing instruction video in existence.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Nearly all of that seem good to me

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > No. Sergio actually gets width in transition which is why he's so shallow.

> > > > > > > > > > > They are prescribing it to getting narrow as soon as possible which generally leads to extension at impact.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Slow the video down and the kid is under rotated, steep and flipping at the bottom.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Sergio drops his hands and the club in transition like that guy is trying to do. The biggest issue I see is he is cupping his lead wrist while doing it. That's probably why he is flipping.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No he doesn't. Sergio widens his right arm in transition, then he gets narrow towards impact.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > dx8tt43in3vi.jpg

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > c7v1ub1wmu05.jpg

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ...that's a LOT of width!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No1 said he is not maintaining a lot of width. You said he gets wider in transition and that he doesnt drop his arms.

> > > > >

> > > > > I never said anything about dropping the arms?

> > > > > At the top of the backswing he maintains the width, he gets even wider in the initial transition, then he gets narrow towards impact. This is hallmark of really good shallow swings.

> > > > > The kid on the video is squeezing his right arm together like you would with a dumbbell lift. Swing mechanics 101: that creates a steep transition.

> > > >

> > > > I said Sergio drops his hands in transition and your response was "No he doesnt".

> > > Maybe we have a different definition on dropping the hands. I'm not even sure what you mean by that. His right hand is lower, but that's not a active drop or downward movement with the hands, it's the combination of many things.

> > > Body rotation + External right shoulder/arm rotation + Width + ulnar deviation = Shallow.

> > > Do you agree?

> > >

> >

> > Of course it is a combination of many things. However, Sergio does not have much early torso rotation. His arms/hands drop vertically a lot in transition. That alone is a shallowing move (assuming the shaft drops with it without changing the orientation). That is the main point the guy in MSE was talking about.

>

> That's right bend causing that. Separation of the lower and upper body requires right bend or your upper body will lean towards the target. Just like GLK says, a lot of it is illusion.

>

> Good luck getting shallow by pulling the hands down and squeezing the right arm together like MSE video prescribes. Do you see how shallow I am?

No1 is advocating squeezing the right arm together...

Dropping the hands in transition is the most common pattern on tour.

Snell MTB-X

> @glk said:

> > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > Here's what Sergio really does

> > >

> > You can really see it from the behind the back view.

> > Right arm is almost parallel with the ground. Crazy!

>

> Yeah is narrowing look is due to the camera angle and asnoted in Tyler's video how he really delays turning this torso - his right arm continues to widen throughout the down swing - best seen down the line - iteach used his as a poster boy for straightening the right arm in the thread I attached a few posts ago - people thought he and Hogan kept that right arm bent until late in the downswing but nothing could be further from the truth. btw, the gravityfit is great at work on this cause you have to extend that trail arm in the downswing or the bands go slack on you - great feedback - and it doesn't more than just help you with maintaining width - my golf aid shill of the day.

Yep. Once you get the concept you understand that the right arm is basically going to do the opposite of where it is in transition.

Simple bio-mechanics: muscles will fire in the opposite direction they're stretched. If you want to be narrow with a bent right arm at impact, you better be the opposite in transition.

> @NikeGolferTX said:

> > @Wesquire said:

> > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Wesquire said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @NikeGolferTX said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > This is the worst swing instruction video in existence.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Nearly all of that seem good to me

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > No. Sergio actually gets width in transition which is why he's so shallow.

> > > > > > > > > > > They are prescribing it to getting narrow as soon as possible which generally leads to extension at impact.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Slow the video down and the kid is under rotated, steep and flipping at the bottom.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Sergio drops his hands and the club in transition like that guy is trying to do. The biggest issue I see is he is cupping his lead wrist while doing it. That's probably why he is flipping.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No he doesn't. Sergio widens his right arm in transition, then he gets narrow towards impact.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > dx8tt43in3vi.jpg

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > c7v1ub1wmu05.jpg

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ...that's a LOT of width!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No1 said he is not maintaining a lot of width. You said he gets wider in transition and that he doesnt drop his arms.

> > > > >

> > > > > I never said anything about dropping the arms?

> > > > > At the top of the backswing he maintains the width, he gets even wider in the initial transition, then he gets narrow towards impact. This is hallmark of really good shallow swings.

> > > > > The kid on the video is squeezing his right arm together like you would with a dumbbell lift. Swing mechanics 101: that creates a steep transition.

> > > >

> > > > I said Sergio drops his hands in transition and your response was "No he doesnt".

> > > Maybe we have a different definition on dropping the hands. I'm not even sure what you mean by that. His right hand is lower, but that's not a active drop or downward movement with the hands, it's the combination of many things.

> > > Body rotation + External right shoulder/arm rotation + Width + ulnar deviation = Shallow.

> > > Do you agree?

> > >

> >

> > Of course it is a combination of many things. However, Sergio does not have much early torso rotation. His arms/hands drop vertically a lot in transition. That alone is a shallowing move (assuming the shaft drops with it without changing the orientation). That is the main point the guy in MSE was talking about.

>

> That's right bend causing that. Separation of the lower and upper body requires right bend or your upper body will lean towards the target. Just like GLK says, a lot of it is illusion.

>

> Good luck getting shallow by pulling the hands down and squeezing the right arm together like MSE video prescribes. Do you see how shallow I am?

Snell MTB-X

Sergio is unique in how he gets his hands down - he literally does drop them down - if you watch a face on of his swing you will see that the entire club drops behind him - while if you watch say, Adam Scott or pretty much everyone else, you'll see the COM of the club go up as his hands go down - a net upward force is being applied to the club versus Sergio applying a net downard force - he actually does pull down like he is ringing a bell - unique.

But he does not keep his right arm bent like the guy talks about in the video - and when he swing he doesn't keep it straight either - and he isn't close to how sergio swings - he basically does a stall flip and has to extend his right arm rapidly into impact - no rotation with a bent but straightening right arm - and definitely no where near sergio late right side bend into impact.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

> @glk said:

> Sergio is unique in how he gets his hands down - he literally does drop them down - if you watch a face on of his swing you will see that the entire club drops behind him - while if you watch say, Adam Scott or pretty much everyone else, you'll see the COM of the club go up as his hands go down - a net upward force is being applied to the club versus Sergio applying a net downard force - he actually does pull down like he is ringing a bell - unique.

> But he does not keep his right arm bent like the guy talks about in the video - and when he swing he doesn't keep it straight either - and he isn't close to how sergio swings - he basically does a stall flip and has to extend his right arm rapidly into impact - no rotation with a bent but straightening right arm - and definitely no where near sergio late right side bend into impact.

Idk why that video is being interpreted as someone claiming they are copying Sergio's swing. They were just talking about the guy having a plane issue, and he picked up some cues from Sergio's swing that he is trying to incorporate. It sounds like he was getting his arms behind him with no width on the backswing and his hands were working too far out with rotation in transition. The 2 main things he talked about were keeping width in his backswing and dropping his hands/arms in transition.

Snell MTB-X

He says in the beginning he is imitating Sergio's backswing ( 50 sec mark) and then dropping the club behind him - seems pretty clear he's trying to imitate him .

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

> @glk said:

> He says in the beginning he is imitating Sergio's backswing ( 50 sec mark) and then dropping the club behind him - seems pretty clear he's trying to imitate him .

He said he noticed a few things of Segio's that he added. And the critique is that he does several things differently than one of the greatest ball strikers of all time?

Snell MTB-X

> @Wesquire said:

> > @glk said:

> > He says in the beginning he is imitating Sergio's backswing ( 50 sec mark) and then dropping the club behind him - seems pretty clear he's trying to imitate him .

>

> He said he noticed a few things of Segio's that he added. And the critique is that he does several things differently than one of the greatest ball strikers of all time?

No he advocates and demonstrates pulling down and bending the right arm in transition (multiple times) - though he doesn't actually do it in his swing - you want to get narrow and cup your wrist, that's the move to make.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

> @glk said:

> > @Wesquire said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > He says in the beginning he is imitating Sergio's backswing ( 50 sec mark) and then dropping the club behind him - seems pretty clear he's trying to imitate him .

> >

> > He said he noticed a few things of Segio's that he added. And the critique is that he does several things differently than one of the greatest ball strikers of all time?

>

> No he advocates and demonstrates pulling down and bending the right arm in transition (multiple times) - though he doesn't actually do it in his swing - you want to get narrow and cup your wrist, that's the move to make. If he actually did what Sergio did in dropping his arms and extending his right arm through transition and the downswing then different story. If you are going to talk about doing something similar to some pro then please be accurate.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

> @glk said:

> > @Wesquire said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > He says in the beginning he is imitating Sergio's backswing ( 50 sec mark) and then dropping the club behind him - seems pretty clear he's trying to imitate him .

> >

> > He said he noticed a few things of Segio's that he added. And the critique is that he does several things differently than one of the greatest ball strikers of all time?

>

> No he advocates and demonstrates pulling down and bending the right arm in transition (multiple times) - though he doesn't actually do it in his swing - you want to get narrow and cup your wrist, that's the move to make.

No1 is disputing that.

Snell MTB-X