2019 Titleist MB irons

I swear the view of those from above just does things to me!! Wish, I could even be half as good as it would take to be able to get something out of them.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Please tell me that these are what the retail offering will look like and not have some gaudy stamping or cheap badge stuck on.

This is what a MB is supposed to look like. Mizuno, Taylormade, Callaway, etc. take notice.

• Like 1

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

Of all the new Titleist offerings the 620 MB appeals to me the most. I am not a fan of the polished chrome area on top of the muscle but I’m sure it will grow on me. To my eye the shape of 620MB bears a resemblance to the Miura MB-001 which is a good thing. I would absolutely love it if Titleist made an MB iron with some internal tungsten help (a.k.a. the JDM Titleist Limited 100MB), but I’m not going to hold my breath.

987uqbpql6er.jpeg

cdpbl4n4cvrx.jpeg

• Like 1

Instagram: @TourUseOnly

> @KrazyTrain18 said:

> The CBs have really improved in the general looks department, seems like Titleist has been really chasing the 680 style with the last few MB releases. Not sure why they don't just re-release the 680s as their MB offering, blade technology hasn't really changed.

They did re-release the 680s

https://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/b/tourblog/posts/a-tribute-to-a-classic-limited-release-forged-680-irons

> @MattyO1984 said:

> I swear the view of those from above just does things to me!! Wish, I could even be half as good as it would take to be able to get something out of them.

Sometimes making the jump to blades can take your game to new levels..... it did for me back in the day. not sure it would do the same now since I don't play nearly enough but they certainly make you focus on contact.... which is what its all about....

• Like 1

> @uwhockey14 said:

> When did bright chrome stop being a thing? not a fan of the brushed chrome at all... call me old school.....

They haven’t made the MB’s in Satin since the 714’s. Chrome is nice when new, but Satin is way more durable and doesn’t show near as much chatter. I am pumped about the finish of these.

• Like 1

Another clicky Titleist iron...*yawn*.

Put these against the J15MB, the Callaway Apex MB, Srixon 945/965, 588 MB, Nike VR Pro Blades, and any Pre 2015 Mizuno MP ( especially the 14, 33, 62, and 69) and you will undoubtedly experience two revelations. One, Titleist players only play Titleist irons because they are PAID to. Two, If you want to actually feel hitting a golf ball and enjoy the soft buttery feeling of flushing a blade, look elsewhere. They look great, and perform, but they are harsh and unforgiving.

On another note, the SM7 wedges are the most widely used wedge in tour, and A LOT of non staffers have at least one in the bag. There is a very good reason for this, they feel great for a cast wedge, they are some of the highest spinning wedges in the industry, and lastly they have a huge variety of grinds and shapes for any type of player or condition.

I am not bias to any specific brand nor am I anti-Titleist. That said, stick with their wedges...lol.

• Like 1

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto

> @jonn443 said:

> Another clicky Titleist iron...*yawn*.

>

> Put these against the J15MB, the Callaway Apex MB, Srixon 945/965, 588 MB, Nike VR Pro Blades, and any Pre 2015 Mizuno MP ( especially the 14, 33, 62, and 69) and you will undoubtedly experience two revelations. One, Titleist players only play Titleist irons because they are PAID to. Two, If you want to actually feel hitting a golf ball and enjoy the soft buttery feeling of flushing a blade, look elsewhere. They look great, and perform, but they are harsh and unforgiving.

>

> I am not bias to any specific brand nor am I anti-Titleist. That said, stick with their wedges...lol.

Yeah, you just go into every Titleist thread and talk putting them up against any other iron...nope, no bias there! ?

Have you tried them? Sounds unlikely that they should feel clicky based on previous Titleist MB models.

> @jonn443 said:

>

> Put these against the J15MB, the Callaway Apex MB, Srixon 945/965, 588 MB, Nike VR Pro Blades, and any Pre 2015 Mizuno MP ( especially the 14, 33, 62, and 69) and you will undoubtedly experience two revelations. One, Titleist players only play Titleist irons because they are PAID to. Two, If you want to actually feel hitting a golf ball and enjoy the soft buttery feeling of flushing a blade, look elsewhere. They look great, and perform, but they are harsh and unforgiving.

>

> On another note, the SM7 wedges are the most widely used wedge in tour, and A LOT of non staffers have at least one in the bag. There is a very good reason for this, they feel great for a cast wedge, they are some of the highest spinning wedges in the industry, and lastly they have a huge variety of grinds and shapes for any type of player or condition.

>

> I am not bias to any specific brand nor am I anti-Titleist. That said, stick with their wedges...lol.

> @JoeyAK7 said:

> Haven’t played MB’s since the 690 dot’s but they felt amazing when pured. I personally wouldn’t label their acoustics as clicky.

It's not acoustics, it's their actually feel when hit. Night and day difference in feel from Endo (Bridgestone, Srixon, and Nike) and Mizuno forging. These provide the player that sought after "buttery" strike when flushed.

There is no other feeling like it... well... You can use your imagination on that one. I am not knocking their performance though, they perform on the course well. However, again, I find the MBs above more forgiving then the 718,716,714,712,etc. (The 680s and 690s are beautiful though). I would have to say the Callaway Apex MB and the J15MB are the most forgiving blades out. Callaway Tour Authentic Protos being the most forgiving blades ever made.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto

> @jonn443 said:

> > @JoeyAK7 said:

> > Haven’t played MB’s since the 690 dot’s but they felt amazing when pured. I personally wouldn’t label their acoustics as clicky.

>

> It's not acoustics, it's their actually feel when hit. Night and day difference in feel from Endo (Bridgestone, Srixon, and Nike) and Mizuno forging. These provide the player that sought after "buttery" strike when flushed.

>

> There is no other feeling like it... well... You can use your imagination on that one. I am not knocking their performance though, they perform on the course well. However, again, I find the MBs above more forgiving then the 718,716,714,712,etc. (The 680s and 690s are beautiful though). I would have to say the Callaway Apex MB and the J15MB are the most forgiving blades out. Callaway Tour Authentic Protos being the most forgiving blades ever made.

When good ball strikers put a good swing on it they get good results. You should fix your swing, not the equipment.

The Callaway is just trash along with the Adams junk.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

like the clean-ness. just seems a bit too rounded off on all the extremities for my taste. i do prefer the curved muscle to straight. they seem to just alternate between curved and straight just so it looks different to the previous model.

not bad but i'd probably go for a cheap set of 716mb's if i was after a titleist blade.

> @jonn443 said:

>

>

> On another note, the SM7 wedges are the most widely used wedge in tour, and A LOT of non staffers have at least one in the bag. There is a very good reason for this, they feel great for a cast wedge, they are some of the highest spinning wedges in the industry, and lastly they have a huge variety of grinds and shapes for any type of player or condition.

>

I would hope they’re clicky. It’s the whole reason a lot of Titleist people like them. I personally prefer the click to the marshmallow feel of some forged blades. You couldn’t pay me to play a some of those marshmallow JDM blades.

Most players don’t play blades for the feel they play them for the trajectory control.

Driver: 10.5* Taylormade Stealth GD Tour AD IZ 75x 
3 Iron: Titleist 712u Tour Issue S400
Irons: 4-PW 620 MB Nippon 125x
Wedges: SM9 50.08F 54.10S 58.08M S400
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Mid Slant

> @jonn443 said:

>

>

>

Funny I own the 716's and 718's and they don't feel clicky at all. But I get what you're saying, if you live out on the toe then a 'softer' feel might suit you more. Heck it might even give you the perception of being more forgiving ;-)

> @ptroedsson said:

> Anyone that got fitted to these irons yet? A retailer in Sweden thought they will receive the loose heads within the next 2-3 weeks but I guess they will be available in US earlier.

I believe release date is at/near end of August so fitters here will probably have them in the next few weeks

> @jonn443 said:

>

>

>

I have a set of j15 mb's and they are indeed awesome

Titleist is just a different feel. I played the tour model blades as a junior, these will bring back fond memories

the sm2 wedges to me are the best feeling wedges ever made. Right up there with the ISI nickel

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

I will also say I liked the feel of the 718 mb's better than my Cally x proto blades

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

• 3 weeks later...