Gankas In Person Lesson

vsproto

> @lookylookitzadam said:

> Whoa, That’s a ton of money for a lesson but I guess it would help a lot more than the new driver I just bought.

One lesson is usually not going to be life changing. Use that driver money and get a few lessons spread over a period of time and most people would be way ahead of the game.

Watching and listening to Gankas I come away with the impression that it's going to take far more than one lesson for most people to implement his ideas.

Nothing against GG, its your money and Im sure he would help but if you cant get scheduled Id look around. For $500 can get you half day with alot of other really good coaches,,,

You in Southeast? Not sure where but some of these guys might be driving distance? Jason Sutton, Andrew Rice, @iteachgolf , Tim Cooke

• Like 1

> @vsproto said:

> Looking to travel from Southeast to see Gankas at Westlake but his schedule is packed (and the price is now 500/hr). Any one local have experience with times opening up? Im guessing he doesnt get many cancellations.

If you want Gankas type instruction without the cost and you're willing to travel, contact Hamilton Farm golf club in NJ and ask for Nick Bova.

> @spineshank said:

> ****, he used to be like $250 which i thought was crazy. Granted i know the area jacks up the price too.

I worked with him in-person in May 2016 and April 2017 but have been unable to get back since. It was less than $250/hour and a great value. That was before he got REALLY popular, and he was already working sun up to sun down. His demand has to be through the roof now! I was just told he's booked until December unless you want to pay an after-hours premium price. Bummer!

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

He seems like an interesting guy. I really liked a recent interview I heard of him on a podcast. Sent him a note about it and he responded.

At our club our head pro really specializes in swing plane...which explains why in only 2 lessons he made a massive impact on my ball striking. Fantastic communicator, too. Come to find out he coached Champ in the early years. Some, very few (I've found), instructors just really have it.

So many instructors have jumped on bandwagon so to speak on what he teaches I don’t think it’s worth $500 hour to see him unless you get the basic pattern down and need the nuances. I’ve pretty much said from the beginning what he teaches doesn’t seem to survive not playing and practicing very well. You don’t rotate well enough the day you are playing..you are steep=screwed. You pull the handle down..you get steep=screwed.

Of course this is just my opinion..really wish qmany would chime in on this aspect

> @QMany said:

> > @spineshank said:

> > ****, he used to be like $250 which i thought was crazy. Granted i know the area jacks up the price too.

>

> I worked with him in-person in May 2016 and April 2017 but have been unable to get back since. It was less than $250/hour and a great value. That was before he got REALLY popular, and he was already working sun up to sun down. His demand has to be through the roof now! I was just told he's booked until December unless you want to pay an after-hours premium price. Bummer!

Yea, I talked and got some help from him in early 2015 and he was busy even then, told me he was working 70 hours a week. He was basically saying yes to everyone who needed help and he was less than probably you even paid.

It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @Shipwreck said:

> It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

I think its awesome.

• Like 2

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

> @Shipwreck said:

> It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

You can't be serious. And, yes, I've lived in SoCal for long stretches, etc. but I wouldn't care if my instructor in Chicago was wearing sandals on a summer day while giving lessons. And, even moreso, Gankes at a public course on mats giving lessons all day I'd care even less so.

Maybe I missed the sarcasm though?

> @chigolfer1 said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

>

> You can't be serious.

100% serious. I can’t really explain why it’s a bother to me other than I’ve just always believed in the mantra of “act as if, dress as if”. Now I’m not saying I expect him to be in slacks, a collared shirt and looking like he just walked out of the Titleist tour van, but sandals just aren’t professional unless you’re a lifeguard or a beach bum. Once again, simply my opinion and even without the sandals I’d never be able to afford his lessons in 10 lifetimes.

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

> >

> > You can't be serious.

>

> 100% serious. I can’t really explain why it’s a bother to me other than I’ve just always believed in the mantra of “act as if, dress as if”. Now I’m not saying I expect him to be in slacks, a collared shirt and looking like he just walked out of the Titleist tour van, but sandals just aren’t professional unless you’re a lifeguard or a beach bum. Once again, simply my opinion and even without the sandals I’d never be able to afford his lessons in 10 lifetimes.

It's a bad opinion. J/K! sorta, ;-)

> @chigolfer1 said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

> > >

> > > You can't be serious.

> >

> > 100% serious. I can’t really explain why it’s a bother to me other than I’ve just always believed in the mantra of “act as if, dress as if”. Now I’m not saying I expect him to be in slacks, a collared shirt and looking like he just walked out of the Titleist tour van, but sandals just aren’t professional unless you’re a lifeguard or a beach bum. Once again, simply my opinion and even without the sandals I’d never be able to afford his lessons in 10 lifetimes.

>

> It's a bad opinion. J/K! sorta, ;-)

>

>

>

I think a lot of it came from my time in the military. Even getting out, going through the transition courses, they stressed the importance of dressing for success. I’ve heard that in your area and pretty much all along the eastern seaboard, you better be dressed nice for interviews and even to submit an application. Not sure how true it is but it wouldn’t surprise me considering how people dress here out west for the same (it’s no where near “professional”)

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

> > > >

> > > > You can't be serious.

> > >

> > > 100% serious. I can’t really explain why it’s a bother to me other than I’ve just always believed in the mantra of “act as if, dress as if”. Now I’m not saying I expect him to be in slacks, a collared shirt and looking like he just walked out of the Titleist tour van, but sandals just aren’t professional unless you’re a lifeguard or a beach bum. Once again, simply my opinion and even without the sandals I’d never be able to afford his lessons in 10 lifetimes.

> >

> > It's a bad opinion. J/K! sorta, ;-)

> >

> >

> >

>

> I think a lot of it came from my time in the military. Even getting out, going through the transition courses, they stressed the importance of dressing for success. I’ve heard that in your area and pretty much all along the eastern seaboard, you better be dressed nice for interviews and even to submit an application. Not sure how true it is but it wouldn’t surprise me considering how people dress here out west for the same (it’s no where near “professional”)

I understand what you're saying and there is no doubt a different dress culture in the Northeast. I think the difference is you are considering giving lessons all day a context where you need to dress somewhat formally and in the context of where he's giving lessons and at what kind of course, sandals are completely acceptable, IMO of course.

> @chigolfer1 said:

> Something I was curious about. George isn't particularly young. Was he toiling as a relative no name instructor since his mid 30s until the last few years until his IG sort of went viral and it's been crazy since then?

>

> Or, did he just become an instructor 7 years ago or so?

I read this article last year and it gives a little bit of background.

Sound like he played some mini-tours in the late 90s, then bounced around as an instructor in the early and mid 2000s.

Started teaching at Westlake in 2006 and that's when his career as an instructor started to escalate.

[https://golf.com/the-knockdown/2018/10/10/george-gankas-hottest-oddest-instagram-swing-coach-golf/](https://www.golf.com/the-knockdown/2018/10/10/george-gankas-hottest-oddest-instagram-swing-coach-golf/ "https://golf.com/the-knockdown/2018/10/10/george-gankas-hottest-oddest-instagram-swing-coach-golf/")

> @Shipwreck said:

Yes its very minor. He mentions it in the first couple of minutes.

> @rcb1586 said:

> > @chigolfer1 said:

> > Something I was curious about. George isn't particularly young. Was he toiling as a relative no name instructor since his mid 30s until the last few years until his IG sort of went viral and it's been crazy since then?

> >

> > Or, did he just become an instructor 7 years ago or so?

>

> I read this article last year and it gives a little bit of background.

> Sound like he played some mini-tours in the late 90s, then bounced around as an instructor in the early and mid 2000s.

> Started teaching at Westlake in 2006 and that's when his career as an instructor started to escalate.

> [https://golf.com/the-knockdown/2018/10/10/george-gankas-hottest-oddest-instagram-swing-coach-golf/](https://www.golf.com/the-knockdown/2018/10/10/george-gankas-hottest-oddest-instagram-swing-coach-golf/ "https://golf.com/the-knockdown/2018/10/10/george-gankas-hottest-oddest-instagram-swing-coach-golf/")

Thanks, makes sense!

> @chigolfer1 said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

>

> You can't be serious. And, yes, I've lived in SoCal for long stretches, etc. but I wouldn't care if my instructor in Chicago was wearing sandals on a summer day while giving lessons. And, even moreso, Gankes at a public course on mats giving lessons all day I'd care even less so.

>

> Maybe I missed the sarcasm though?

Exactly. Despite the fee the look and his attitude don’t give off the vibe of a $500 teaching pro. His segments on the como concepts he was down on the wet grass showing como the feels. Gets up his pants are dirty and he just keeps going.