MEMBER REVIEWS: Shot Scope V2 Shot Tracking! Read Inside!

Ya the Watch is huge, to be honest it "feels" cheap. Once you put it on though I actually like the material they used for the straps. light weight and doesn't bug me at all.

I had Garmin s60 (probably the best smart watch/golf watch) and I had issues with that during my swing. I would actually hit buttons on my finish sometimes. There was definitely more heft with the S60 in terms of weight.

Seems to be the only knock I can think of after reading the reviews. I am not normally a watch wearer. I think I would really have to see one in person before buying. Judging by the pics, it seems to stand out a bit. I will check the two local options to see if they stock it. Other than the size, it seems like a really solid product that would be well worth the price.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I am seriously considering one of these units (depending how my fantasy football championship goes this weekend though). I dread spending the money to find that it is a device that requires a lot of hands on editing and such in the middle of my round. I just want to be able to play my game and check out the results after the fact. If I need to adjust a shot or two after the fact, that's fine. But, I don't want to be fiddling with my phone throughout the round. Would those of you that have used it say that is the case? I kind of like the GPS functionality for those moments where you can't get a clear shot at the flag or they don't have prisms on the flags.

On a side note. The pics make it look absolutely huge on the wrist. Is this thing really as big as it seems, or is it just an issue with the close up nature of the pictures? I won't use an Arccos because I hate having stuff in my pockets and refuse to clip that red thing from Game Golf on my belt. So, this thing could prove to be the ticket for me.

To Shot Scope, will you guys be adding any features to the software in the near future? I like the idea of strokes gained being on Arccos. Will there by chance be something similar rolled out to the V2?

Had a couple of questions, so thought I would get a reply in.

We are always adding new software. We had an update yesterday to our Rounds page. Strokes Gained is something we are seriously looking at, the key is making sure that it is done properly. I can't say much more just now as some discussions are ongoing.

There was also a question about turning off bluetooth to improve battery life. This is already done, bluetooth is only on when you see the bluetooth sign on the screen for uploading/downloading.

Thanks for those answers SS.

Radiman, the watch isn't intrusive at all during the swing and I forget that I have it on. I know that may be counter intuitive as it surprised me due to it's size. PM me if you're able to golf this winter and I'll send mine off to you to demo.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

Thanks for those answers SS.

Radiman, the watch isn't intrusive at all during the swing and I forget that I have it on. I know that may be counter intuitive as it surprised me due to it's size. PM me if you're able to golf this winter and I'll send mine off to you to demo.

Thanks for the offer. Won't be able to play until the ground thaws in about 5 months though :)

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

• 4 months later...

Good read. I'm glad everyone had a great experience with it. I've had a different take. Instead of starting a duplicate topic I figure I'd post in this review ?

The 28 Day money back thing - watch out! Its not 28 days from when its delivered, its 28 days from the moment you order. So if they ship 3-4 days later due to holiday/weekend and it takes 3-4 days to arrive you actually have a 19 or 18 day money back time frame. Now they're good people so they honored my request even though it was exactly 28 days from when they shipped it LOL so - glad they've said they'd take it back and refund my money. I shipped it back today. Sadly too because I really wanted this to work awesome.

The install, setup, activation etc are all no brainers stupid easy so I won't talk about them. I'll try to just give you guys the true low down dirty truth without glowing fluff like I'm a paid sponsor.

The thing misses ALLOT OF SHOTS. Like after shooting 77, you'll download the round and see you shot 55. So you go through the holes and realize about 3-6 holes get completely missed on average! This isn't the high and its not the low, its the average. I wish it was like 1 or 2 chip shots a round. Its usually short game shots (chips, putts, etc) and I have no idea what happens with 3 holes in a row get missed like you never played them. I'm not a big guy - 5'7" weighing 140lbs - thin would be a statement. I wore this as far down as I could stomach because at a certain tightness it starts to pinch your skin on your wrist - not an issue, I can withstand pain no problems. But I'm saying this because I wasn't wearing the darn band half way up my arm but that darn 10cm max sensor distance is a deal breaker. Wearing it as far down as possible the rim of the glove would hit the next hole button constantly. It says to take allot of practice swings - 4 practice swings hits the next hole button 4 times and you look down and you went from hole 9 to hole 15 and I'd bet now its not registering a damn shot. The next hole button is really a deal breaker - no matter how I wore the watch - tried right hand, left hand, turning it upside-down backwards, etc - nothing fixes all the issues, it either misses shots, holes or in one case the complete round. So I was really getting down because this broke my bank at 159 - I know, its normally much more expensive - but that's what you get when you wait 2 years after release and look for sales, etc.

So I dove in and couldn't wait to play the whole season and look at my stats to see what I could work on. But everyone you play with will say stuff like 'why you keep messing with that thing? isn't it distracting?' you rattle off what it can do and their eyes widen and they usually say something like 'seems too high tech for me' or 'seems like more trouble than its worth, you keep messing with it and getting angry its not picking up the correct hole, you're getting out of your game constantly looking at it and taking all those practice swings.'

So get prepared to take flack from folks about messing with the watch all the time. The GPS is spot on, loved it and it was my first time using a wearable and have to say once they improve it (by taking my suggestions I hope) I'll definitely try the V3 if they release one. I suggested they increase the sensor distance from 10cm to like 7 inches. 10cm is a little less than 4 inches by the way. Keep in mind the end of the grip the sensor is on sticks out the back of your left hand for right handed golfers - the watch is on the top of your wrist - my wrist is skinny too, I can't imagine if you had a thick wrist - it would be too far away immediately. Like I said I wear this as far down as possible because it needs to be close enough - its barely in range man! Barely in range and its so close to the area where the wrist bends - it gets pushed by the glove and bones in my hand! So can't get much clearer on this - I can't see how it will pick up most shots unless you maybe grip down 1 or so inches down the shaft leaving the butt sticking further out, closer to the watch.

Anyhow that's my take. I bought one, tried it for about 7 rounds of golf and practiced with it to get used to the pinch, etc, I tried taking the glove and cutting the cuff off, that allows the watch to slide even closer but then the actual hands or Velcro closure will still push the next hole button.

I recommended they extend the range on sensors - 6-8 inches at least - AND make it a touch screen. This way no way could someone inadvertently hit a button without intentionally doing so. Outside of all this I loved it. The stats, etc. Love it but this version isn't for me.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter:
Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver:
Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid:
Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid:
Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW:
Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW:
Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW:
Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips: 
Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

That's interesting you've had that experience with it. I've gone through 2 watches now and in ~60 rounds it's only missed a few swings. I'd imagine you received a bad watch. Give them a call as their customer service is top notch. I'm overall very happy with mine.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

> @b81smith said:

>

> The thing misses ALLOT OF SHOTS. Like after shooting 77, you'll download the round and see you shot 55. So you go through the holes and realize about 3-6 holes get completely missed on average! This isn't the high and its not the low, its the average. I wish it was like 1 or 2 chip shots a round. Its usually short game shots (chips, putts, etc) and I have no idea what happens with 3 holes in a row get missed like you never played them. I'm not a big guy - 5'7" weighing 140lbs - thin would be a statement. I wore this as far down as I could stomach because at a certain tightness it starts to pinch your skin on your wrist - not an issue, I can withstand pain no problems. But I'm saying this because I wasn't wearing the darn band half way up my arm but that darn 10cm max sensor distance is a deal breaker.

>

Thanks for contributing some less than positive feedback in a constructive manner. Could the distance you’re wearing it from the grips be the reason it’s not picking up so many shots? I don’t own this yet (I’m considering purchasing) so this might be a lame idea but could you try wearing it over a wrist sweatband if you have small wrists to get it closer to the grip sensor?

• Like 1

Seeing the reviewer pictures it looks like the sensors protrude a fair amount on rounded grips as someone pointed out. I imagine they are durable, but almost all my grips are rounded.

I use a Hoofer 14 and clubs only go in about halfway when the bag is leaning on its stand. Usually I just lift the bag and let the club drop down. So clubs are falling half the length of the bag and landing on the plastic bottom. Would these sensors withstand that type of “abuse”?

Seems like offering an insert so the sensors sit flush on rounded grips might be a simple solution. Or maybe someone with a 3D printer could make these aftermarket?

Obviously I wasn't part of the member review, but I bought a Shotscope last month. I've put about 12 rounds on the system so far. I'm pretty disappointed in it.

SENSORS - seems to work fine, don't even notice they are there

WATCH - Like others have said the watch is big and bulky and looks/feels cheap. It is surprisingly comfortable to wear though. Takes FOREVER to charge. Had some minor syncing issues, but was able to resolve them with their FAQs on the Shotscope website. Have not had any issues with accidentally pressing buttons on the watch

ON COURSE - for the most part you just play golf. The only major change is remembering to mark the hole with the # of putts taken. When you are in a group of 4 playing a match I have found this surprisingly hard to do. For me at least I'm so involved in the match that I just forget to mark the # of putts.

SIGNING OFF A ROUND - once you sync the watch you go into the dashboard and edit/sign-off on your round. This is where the real problems begin and why I'm unhappy with the system. It misses shots that you took, it adds shots that you didn't take. It thinks you are in the rough/sand when you are not (or vice versa). It thinks you are putting from the fairway when you are on the green (or vice versa). It does things like this - 220 yard par 3 I hit hybrid to about 15 feet and hit two putts for the par - i remembered to hit the # of putts button and mark the hole. When I got home and downloaded the data it showed I hit hybrid off the tee for 6 yards, then i hit a 659 ft putt!!! from the rough to 2 feet, then i made the par putt. In reality I didn't even take the putter out of the bag until i got to the green.

Other Issues with Editing/Signing Off:

- pin in wrong positions (despite using the pin marking system) - sometimes off by significant amount (hit pin marker at back of green, pin shown at front)

- the system seems to think if you linger in an area then you must have hit a shot from there - if you help search for a ball or help a partner line up a putt sometimes you will get "credit" for a shot from that location

- you really need to remember to mark a shot as "positional" - i assume you can do this during a round, although i never think of it - i just edit it after the round

- to get your stats right you really have to have a good memory or good notes when editing. I end up changing something on almost every hole.

PERFORMANCE STATS - it looks like there is some decent data there, but to be honest I don't trust any of it. I end up making so many edits after every round that most of the shot locations are guesses and are not totally accurate, therefore the data isn't all that accurate either. Strokes Gained would be nice, but again it requires better data than what I'm getting at this point.

I'm going to continue to use it for a few more rounds and then may shelve it if I don't get better results.

• Like 1

> @T-3 said:

> > @b81smith said:

> >

> > The thing misses ALLOT OF SHOTS. Like after shooting 77, you'll download the round and see you shot 55. So you go through the holes and realize about 3-6 holes get completely missed on average! This isn't the high and its not the low, its the average. I wish it was like 1 or 2 chip shots a round. Its usually short game shots (chips, putts, etc) and I have no idea what happens with 3 holes in a row get missed like you never played them. I'm not a big guy - 5'7" weighing 140lbs - thin would be a statement. I wore this as far down as I could stomach because at a certain tightness it starts to pinch your skin on your wrist - not an issue, I can withstand pain no problems. But I'm saying this because I wasn't wearing the darn band half way up my arm but that darn 10cm max sensor distance is a deal breaker.

> >

> Thanks for contributing some less than positive feedback in a constructive manner. Could the distance you’re wearing it from the grips be the reason it’s not picking up so many shots? I don’t own this yet (I’m considering purchasing) so this might be a lame idea but could you try wearing it over a wrist sweatband if you have small wrists to get it closer to the grip sensor?

>

In regards to missing shots, I haven't had that experience at all. I find it misses very few shots if any. The only bad experience I had was with a course that changed names a couple years ago, that round went haywire and had to manually enter a lot. I can't comment on the durability of the tags as with my bag my clubs don't touch the bottom at all.

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

> @T-3 said:

> Thanks for contributing some less than positive feedback in a constructive manner. Could the distance you’re wearing it from the grips be the reason it’s not picking up so many shots? I don’t own this yet (I’m considering purchasing) so this might be a lame idea but could you try wearing it over a wrist sweatband if you have small wrists to get it closer to the grip sensor?

>

I'm not sure. I can't picture how that would work out. I'd think having smaller wrists compared to a 250lb man would mean the watch would be closer to the ends of the grips. I do not choke down and always grip the club properly. I've been certified by USGTF as an instructor so I know I'm not causing this issue if thats worth anything. If anything a wrist band may have helped the accidental next hole button. I'm so surprised no one has had an issue with this. I'm flexible and during the down swing the angle is so great that my wrist hits the dang buttons. In the manual is says 'take lots of practice swings, it will help with the units algorithm to track shots' so I'm usually a 1 or maybe 2 practice swing type of guy - for this testing period of 30 days I practiced with it on, practiced putting with it on, anytime I picked up a club I put on the watch to grow accustomed to it. I would take extra practice swings on the course in hopes this would pick up the fact I'm swinging - nope, only got tired quicker lol. Maybe I got a bad unit, they didn't offer to send another, they simply said to return it to them at my expense. So I followed their instructions and sent it back 35 miles away from me in McHenry Illinois for like 11 bucks at UPS. I probably could've got better pricing at USPS but their wording of how it needs to be recieved by someone at the location listed and only then will the refund start and take 7-10 business days to complete - worried me and I wanted the best tracking available on it with insurance in case I was 'unlucky' because bad luck tends to strike often for me.

I feel lucky because when I purchased I swore it said 30 days and then when I went to return it said 28 days and I was thinking from receipt of shipment but it actually means from point of sale - so if you buy online you'll actually get about 18 days to test it out BUT as stated their customer service is good - they sent me an email saying 'Well you're over the 28 day return period but we'll allow it. Follow the attached instructions.'

Overall I'd have given my left testicle for this to work out and I wanted it to work so bad to stick it to all the haters who were kinda on my case about buying one. In the end - they proved to be right because it was bulky, it was hard on my wrist as it would pinch, I was constantly running back to the cup to collect the pin, in tournaments it was way to hard to keep up with stuff and anytime I wanted to check a yardage I was 4-6 holes ahead because of the dang next hole button - so everyone saying it was too complicated, gave too much stats and seemed hard to use or too much effort ended up being right. I hate when I'm wrong too. I swear I wanted to use it for a year and see what I could work on in the off season. Its definitely not a wear it and forget it if you've got to take extra practice swings, check it after each one to ensure you're not on the next hole. I should've taken video of me arching my wrist and easily changing to the next hole. I showed my father, my mother, my wife etc - it was simple - arch your wrist to max and boom next hole, do it again and boom next hole and 2 more times and you're 4 holes ahead. I think touch screen and larger 'zone' for sensing the clubs is key for their success. You can't say 'oh just don't wear a glove, oh just grip the club differently than you're used to, just make more sacrifices so the watch works correctly forget about score, just work on watch technique LOL' not gonna happen.

Not sure why others didn't report 'next hole' button getting hit in their back swing. I'd bet this was reason for missed shots. If it thinks your 1000 yards away from the green 4 holes ahead its not tracking shots on the hole you're actually playing, then when you switch it back to the hole your playing it probably wipes the memory of that hole so if you hit driver, then it changes 4 holes ahead, then you change it back, hit 9 iron, then its 3 holes ahead, switch it back and you hit 2 putts, collect pin, at the end of the day it'll show that entire hole as blank. Even as I write this i'm getting upset because I wanted it to work and it seems it just wasn't for me. The price was right though 159 for that tech was great. I'd be in the market for another some time in the future after I hear good things. IDK. Game golf pro - I wouldn't mind tagging, as long as its tracking accurately is all i care about. I really liked how you could 'collect' pin to mark where the pin is in relation to your shots - but thats another sore spot. I'm not sure how accurate that part is. I'd hit it to 5 ft and somehow it would show my first putt as like 25 ft away, then 2nd putt at 15 ft and 'tap in' at 5 ft. LOL So I must have the sensor too close while I walk around looking at line, etc.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter:
Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver:
Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid:
Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid:
Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW:
Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW:
Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW:
Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips: 
Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

• 4 weeks later...

Just received my shot scope and have only 2 rounds in to date. So far the device has captured only about 50% of the holes I've played. I've done significant after round editing to correct for this but that also means that shot data is very inexact. It's early so I hope I can figure out how to crack the code and get the device to operate better. Still open-minded but a little nervous that this may not work out as planned.... I'll update after a few more rounds.

Callaway Paradym  (10.5*) / Kuro Kage 50g R 

Callaway Epic Max 3W / Hzrdus Smoke / 60g 6.0

Callaway Apex UW (19*) / Hzrdus RDX 70g 5.5

Callaway Apex 21 (4-PW) / Accra iSeries 60i

Callaway Mack Daddy 5 54* 58* / Dynamic Gold s200

Bettinardi Queen Bee #6 / 33

Chrome Soft

• 1 month later...

For anyone interested in how to use the putter tag with a superstroke that has the countercore weight without cutting the tag or hot gluing it, I drilled a small hole right below the countercore and screwed the tag in like normal. My grip is the Claw 2.0 and has a pretty sizeable pistol shape, so the tag is able to partially overlap the countercore and still sit inside the edges of the grip.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

Quick question. I still need to play with the Shotscope menus during my round to see what info is there, but is the current score displayed somewhere on the watch during the round? The main display (distance) and secondary display (hazards) don't show the current total score. I'm hoping to be able to see it at the turn or end of round before I sync it with my phone.

WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

• 2 weeks later...

So at $139, I figured it was worth finally testing one of these devices. Overall, it's a pretty solid product which does what you'd expect. During my first round, it missed several shots, however the second round out with it, performance improved dramatically with only one shot dropped. The major issue I'm having with it at this point is that, for the most part, much of the distance data seems somewhat tainted due to the inherent nature of the game. I often have to punch out. I often lose a driver to the right / left (yes, the two way miss is strong these days). The rough is so thick at Harding right now that I often have to take a full club more. While my sample size is admittedly small at this point, my data shows me hitting my 9 iron further than my 8 iron on average, primarily because I favor it for punch outs, shots from the rough, and even the occasional bump and run.

To me, getting a true sense of your on-course distances is one of the primary selling points for this device, and without some way to differentiate full shots from less than full shots and fairway versus deep rough, much of that value is lost.

When you add the fact that you have to spend time after the round verifying the accuracy / inputting missed shots (which taints the data further), I'm not sure the effort is worth the pay off. I actually find myself keeping score on a card as well since I can't really trust the watch to accurately keep my score.

There's some cool stuff here, and for $139 it may be worth keeping, but I'm leaning towards sending it back as I just don't see myself getting enough out of it to make it part of my game.

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

@Mych I don't believe that there is a way to display score mid round. I could definitely be wrong but I believe that the format it stores shot data in isn't accessible to the GPS gui.

@MysteryV the partial shot issue is handled pretty much the same on most of these devices. As you generate more data, outlier distances are ignored. But it takes quite a few rounds to get that to kick in. Like most things in golf it isn't a quick process.

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

> @Yrrdead said:

> @Mych I don't believe that there is a way to display score mid round. I could definitely be wrong but I believe that the format it sorties shot days in isn't accessible to the GPS gui.

>

> @MysteryV the partial shot issue is handled pretty much the same on most of these devices. As you generate more data, outlier distances are ignored. But it takes quite a few rounds to get that to kick in. Like most things in golf it isn't a quick process.

@Yrrdead Is this confirmed from an algorithm perspective or speculation? If it is in fact smart enough to pick up on trends and ignore statistical anomalies as the data set grows, I will likely keep the device. If this is not the case, and instead the numbers just look better as sample grows and the average becomes more accurate, than I'll likely stick to the plan and return it.

With regards for this being relatively standard for these devices, I completely understand. Much like personal launch monitors, I get that we're in early days, and that there are tech limitations. That said, the data from my Skytrak is useful and trustworthy to me, while (if my previous post was correct) the data from Shot Scope is not.

I very much appreciate the insight however, and hope you can verify.

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

@MysteryV It isn't speculation, both GameGolf and Shotscope I know for sure kick out distance outliers for your given distance. Shotscope uses P.Avg ; "We take all the shots hit with a club and remove the outliers. IF you hit a shot fat or hit a tree, these shots won't be included in this average. The P-Avg is the distance you hit a club when you hit it well."

Here is a snap of my P-Avg, looks about how you would expect and I don't have a huge amount of rounds.lkdkfyelpcex.png

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

> @MysteryV said:

> > @Yrrdead said:

> > @Mych I don't believe that there is a way to display score mid round. I could definitely be wrong but I believe that the format it sorties shot days in isn't accessible to the GPS gui.

> >

> > @MysteryV the partial shot issue is handled pretty much the same on most of these devices. As you generate more data, outlier distances are ignored. But it takes quite a few rounds to get that to kick in. Like most things in golf it isn't a quick process.

>

> @Yrrdead Is this confirmed from an algorithm perspective or speculation? If it is in fact smart enough to pick up on trends and ignore statistical anomalies as the data set grows, I will likely keep the device. If this is not the case, and instead the numbers just look better as sample grows and the average becomes more accurate, than I'll likely stick to the plan and return it.

>

> With regards for this being relatively standard for these devices, I completely understand. Much like personal launch monitors, I get that we're in early days, and that there are tech limitations. That said, the data from my Skytrak is useful and trustworthy to me, while (if my previous post was correct) the data from Shot Scope is not.

>

> I very much appreciate the insight however, and hope you can verify.

I'm in a similar boat. The P-Avg is supposed to kick out the outliers. I have 6 rounds tracked and it's getting more realistic over time. I think I also need to start using the "positional" feature to exclude punches from the scoring, but I can look at the P-Avg and the "longest" and if I consider my longest to be perfect/max, and my P-avg to be on the low end of my expected results, I'll be about right.

• 1 month later...

Still liking the shotscope... trying to figure out how to best translate the data into a practice plan, but so far I really enjoy reviewing the GPS tracking of my shots post-round. It has been eye-opening to match my perception of certain shots vs. the realities of my line/length/accuracy. I've been able to really build a better understanding of how aggressive I can be without bringing trouble into play. One of the biggest game-changers for me is knowing when I can aim directly at trouble without a risk of reaching it. At a few of my local courses, the designers seemed to use hazards and trouble as a way to push you off of the most efficient line. They put it the hazard directly in your field of vision, which causes you to take lines that bring less-visible trouble into play. Being more confident aiming directly at hazards with a better feel for my club selection has really improved my scoring over the past couple months.