2019 LPGA Q-School

18majors

It's that time of the year again.

Stage I will be played August 22-25 at:

Mission Hills Country Club, Rancho Mirage, CA

Shadow Ridge Country Club, Palm Desert, CA

Stage II will be played Oct 14-17 at:

Plantation Golf and Country Club, Venice, FL

Q-Series week one will be played October 23-26 at Pinehurst No. 6, Pinehurst, NC

Week two will be played October 30-November 2 at Pinehurst No. 9, Pinehurst, NC

Entry deadline for Stage I is August 12; there're 208 entries as of today, July 31:

[https://qs.lpga.com/reports/?tourn=QSC1&report=https://qs.lpga.com/tic/tmentry.cgi?tourn=QSC1~season=2019~alphaorder~](https://qs.lpga.com/reports/?tourn=QSC1&report=https://qs.lpga.com/tic/tmentry.cgi?tourn=QSC1~season=2019~alphaorder~ "https://qs.lpga.com/reports/?tourn=QSC1&report=https://qs.lpga.com/tic/tmentry.cgi?tourn=QSC1~season=2019~alphaorder~")

Stage I entry deadline is August 12. Players ranked inside Rolex 400 such as Yuka Yasuda (No. 231), Yuka Saso (No. 247), Yealimi Noh (No. 292) and Albane Valenzuela (No. 376): are exempted from Stage I.

Notable amateurs who've registered for Stage I include Dylan Kim of University of Arkansas, Jennifer Chang of University of Southern California and Bianca Pagdanganon of University of Arizona.

Two girls from the club I play at are entered in first stage. One of them is currently playing on the WAPT that is in it's first year of operation and the other is playing in the upcoming Women's US Amateur and then will be turning pro. Saw numerous girls entered in the first stage that are currently playing the WAPT.

> @"North Texas" said:

> Two girls from the club I play at are entered in first stage. One of them is currently playing on the WAPT that is in it's first year of operation and the other is playing in the upcoming Women's US Amateur and then will be turning pro. Saw numerous girls entered in the first stage that are currently playing the WAPT.

Unfortunately the only options for professional players who don't have LPGA or Symetra Tour status are the Cactus Tour and WAPT.

Those tours are raw but it's better than nothing. Yealimi Noh built a lot of confidence by winning once at the Cactus Tour and once at WAPT.

> @agolf1 said:

> If you finish below 100 (or 125) on the Money List, when do you sign up or start playing?

Players who're eligible for Q-Series:

2019 LPGA Tour Members ranked #101-150, including those tied for 150th place on the LPGA Official Money

List at the conclusion of the 2019 Volunteers of America Classic.

Players who'll need to qualify through Stage II:

LPGA Tour Members ranked outside of the Top 150 and ties on the 2019 LPGA Official Money List at the

conclusion of the 2019 Volunteers of America Classic.

Any idea if Hye Jin Choi has expressed interest in Q-Series?

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @Argonne69 said:

> Any idea if Hye Jin Choi has expressed interest in Q-Series?

>

This year is problematic because Lucky 6 played too many weeks away from home last year.

KLPGA tightened the knot and allows members to play only two off shore events when KLPGA is in session. Hye Jin has already used up either one or two of that quota.

Q-Series will need two weeks away from home, that's a problem she'll face.

> @18majors said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > Any idea if Hye Jin Choi has expressed interest in Q-Series?

> >

>

> This year is problematic because Lucky 6 played too many weeks away from home last year.

> KLPGA tightened the knot and allows members to play only two off shore events when KLPGA is in session. Hye Jin has already used up either one or two of that quota.

> Q-Series will need two weeks away from home, that's a problem she'll face.

What do you mean by "in session"? If the KLPGA has an off week, like they did this past week, does it count against the quota if the player enters a non-KLPGA event?

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > Any idea if Hye Jin Choi has expressed interest in Q-Series?

> > >

> >

> > This year is problematic because Lucky 6 played too many weeks away from home last year.

> > KLPGA tightened the knot and allows members to play only two off shore events when KLPGA is in session. Hye Jin has already used up either one or two of that quota.

> > Q-Series will need two weeks away from home, that's a problem she'll face.

>

> What do you mean by "in session"? If the KLPGA has an off week, like they did this past week, does it count against the quota if the player enters a non-KLPGA event?

No, it doesn't count against the quota if KLPGA is off.

Hye Jin played Evian and AIG when KLPGA's was off; she's OK. She skipped USWO when there's a conflict.

One of the Q-Series two weeks is an off week;

it looks like Hye Jin has planned it carefully so she can enter Q-Series without compromising her KLPGA status.

> @"North Texas" said:

> Two girls from the club I play at are entered in first stage. One of them is currently playing on the WAPT that is in it's first year of operation and the other is playing in the upcoming Women's US Amateur and then will be turning pro. Saw numerous girls entered in the first stage that are currently playing the WAPT.

The girl playing the US Am from our club actually got it to 5 under yesterday with 6 holes to play and finished at -2, easily making the match play.

> @"North Texas" said:

> Man, it is going to be hot for those girls playing out in California in a couple of weeks. If what I've been told is accurate, the girls have to bring their own water and coolers. Seems like the LPGA could find a location for the first stage where temps weren't going to be 105-110.

But it's a dry heat, right?

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > Man, it is going to be hot for those girls playing out in California in a couple of weeks. If what I've been told is accurate, the girls have to bring their own water and coolers. Seems like the LPGA could find a location for the first stage where temps weren't going to be 105-110.

>

> But it's a dry heat, right?

>

It may be dry, but it's real heat.

It's OK in Las Vegas when temperatures is up to 100 or less; but heat could kill when it's 105 and higher.

Entry fees....???

How Much It Costs to Enter LPGA Q-School

To play in the Stage I qualifying tournament costs $2,500. The entry fee for the Stage II qualifier is $4,000 for golfers exempt into Stage II, or $3,000 for those who advanced out of Stage I.

For Q-Series the cost is zero for golfers who started at Stage I, and $1,500 for those who started at Stage II. For LPGA and Symetra Tour members exempt into the Q-Series, the entry fee is $3,000. For all others, the entry fee is $5,500.

> @preiter20 said:

> Entry fees....???

>

> How Much It Costs to Enter LPGA Q-School

> To play in the Stage I qualifying tournament costs $2,500. The entry fee for the Stage II qualifier is $4,000 for golfers exempt into Stage II, or $3,000 for those who advanced out of Stage I.

> For Q-Series the cost is zero for golfers who started at Stage I, and $1,500 for those who started at Stage II. For LPGA and Symetra Tour members exempt into the Q-Series, the entry fee is $3,000. For all others, the entry fee is $5,500.

>

>

Many players have no business even attempting to be in Stage I. Someone has mentioned the LPGA probably makes a profit on Stage I.

It amazes me that some of these ladies can’t cash a check on the WAPT or Cactus Tour but think they are going to play on the LPGA. I saw a few of them ask for help with their entry fees via go fund me or whatever and got the money in a couple hours. I don’t get people helping them and I would never but whatever works.

• Like 1

> @mallrat said:

> It amazes me that some of these ladies can’t cash a check on the WAPT or Cactus Tour but think they are going to play on the LPGA. I saw a few of them ask for help with their entry fees via go fund me or whatever and got the money in a couple hours. I don’t get people helping them and I would never but whatever works.

So 297 entries as of August 8. What would be the amount of entries normally in a year before now. What is the all time record for entries?

Certainly as mallrat stated a huge percentage of these young ladies are just dreamers. If it were not such a cash cow for the LPGA I'm sure they would set some minimum criteria to enter. I don't get people that give to these go fund me. To me it's just high tech begging but then again I'm just an old relic. Whatever it is none of it would work out as good as it does if the economy wasn't BOOMING.

> @Enduro59 said:

> > @mallrat said:

> > It amazes me that some of these ladies can’t cash a check on the WAPT or Cactus Tour but think they are going to play on the LPGA. I saw a few of them ask for help with their entry fees via go fund me or whatever and got the money in a couple hours. I don’t get people helping them and I would never but whatever works.

>

> So 297 entries as of August 8. What would be the amount of entries normally in a year before now. What is the all time record for entries?

>

The intended field is 360.

The field was 339 in 2018, 361 in 2017.

> @Newinup said:

> Q-School Prep is already underway... https://suncoastladies.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/natlwomensga19/event/natlwomensga1927/contest/1/leaderboard.htm?fbclid=IwAR2MUArk72QLZzlBt2OhQruuAw9PwUE4GxMlXX0SqCIaDn06X-sWzT8WdaU

Not a surprise, Bianca Isabel Pagdanganon is the class of the field. She shot -10 in 3 rounds and won the event by 6 shots.

She's generous; she stayed as an amateur and left the prize money for other players.

I remember she sunk an eagle putt on hole No. 18 to put Arizona in a playoff with Baylor. Arizona, eventually won 2018 NCAA Championship.

She's been a class act all the way.

@18majors said:

> > @Newinup said:

> > Q-School Prep is already underway... https://suncoastladies.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/natlwomensga19/event/natlwomensga1927/contest/1/leaderboard.htm?fbclid=IwAR2MUArk72QLZzlBt2OhQruuAw9PwUE4GxMlXX0SqCIaDn06X-sWzT8WdaU

>

> Not a surprise, Bianca Isabel Pagdanganon is the class of the field. She shot -10 in 3 rounds and won the event by 6 shots.

> She's generous; she stayed as an amateur and left the prize money for other players.

> I remember she sunk an eagle putt on hole No. 18 to put Arizona in a playoff with Baylor. Arizona, eventually won 2018 NCAA Championship.

> She's been a class act all the way.

And as Bianca put it, zero arguments with her dad! Her dad caddied for her this week. ???

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> @18majors said:

> > > @Newinup said:

> > > Q-School Prep is already underway... https://suncoastladies.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/natlwomensga19/event/natlwomensga1927/contest/1/leaderboard.htm?fbclid=IwAR2MUArk72QLZzlBt2OhQruuAw9PwUE4GxMlXX0SqCIaDn06X-sWzT8WdaU

> >

> > Not a surprise, Bianca Isabel Pagdanganon is the class of the field. She shot -10 in 3 rounds and won the event by 6 shots.

> > She's generous; she stayed as an amateur and left the prize money for other players.

> > I remember she sunk an eagle putt on hole No. 18 to put Arizona in a playoff with Baylor. Arizona, eventually won 2018 NCAA Championship.

> > She's been a class act all the way.

> ______________________

> And as Bianca put it, zero arguments with her dad! Her dad caddied for her this week. ???

>

he'll be there for QSchool too (Eg Her dad) :) ... and yes, she was a relative unknown in the international amateur field prior to sinking that eagle putt... but she had come a long way already since then. this is why i sometimes find the amateur rankings a tad frustrating to follow since sometimes i see players rated waaaaay down relative to their abilities (but i digress) - Bianca was lingering in the 90's ranking for quite some time despite those Wildcat results... her story has been like that for quite some time now: winning Phil Ladies Open when no one expected her to do so as an amateur, low NCAA score as a zag, etc)... she really wants to play in AWGA as well. I don't know how much she'll forego if she does get a full time LPGA card but wants to defer till AFTER AWGA (She'll miss quite a few australasian LPGA sanctioned events such as Honda Thailand, etc)... but let's hope she gets her card first then cross the bridge after...Obviously you guys know who I'm rooting for starting next next monday :)