PXG 0211 irons - what do you think?

jjfcpa

.> @usmarine said:

> > @1Mordrid1 said:

> > > @ljb1146 said:

> > > @1mordrid1 Why do you say that the deal with the free driver and 95$ putter is over with? I ask because I have my fitting scheduled tomorrow and that is a big reason I can justify my purchase... The website shows that the deal is still going...? >

> >

> > When I picked mine up my fitter said "great timing on pulling the trigger because the deal is about to end". And then Saturday my neighbor was going to order them and he said the deal was no longer on the website.

>

> Just checked site. Sounds like mixed information.

>

> cpv0wl53d7hm.png

>

Nice that it is still available. Hopefully a few others will enjoy their purchase as much as I have. Not sure why my neighbor could not see the deal when he looked.

> @NDGolfer13 said:

> Played a few holes at my home club today. The 0211 feel great and they are very forgiving. I hit few pretty skanky and they didn't seem to get punished too much.

>

>

Can you compare them to any model you have pla> @SummertimeT3 said:

> There are so many better performing and lower priced options out there. Let me know if you need help finding some

Point me in the direction where I can get better performing irons at $105 each with a free driver.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

In my area, PXG has a a permanent stall on part of the range. It was very impressive. I tried the 0211 and 0311P Gen 2. Unfortunately, I hit the 0311P Gen 2 a lot better with Accra 90 stiff shafts. I tried the Gen 2 driver, but was making too many sloppy swings at that point to really test it, so did not buy that yet. Also got fitted for a Gen 2 Brandon putter and purchased that. Never got fitted for a putter before either.

Probably spend about 2 hours with the fitter. Was a fun and impressive time!

Also - to the poster above that says there are so many better options. There are lots of good clubs and I have hit most of them and these irons were the best for me and by quite a bit. So, your blanket statements don't apply to everyone... :)

@ljb1146 said:

> @GFish I agree with all the above. I have never been fitted for clubs, always bought used stuff but now that i got lessons 6 months ago and more constant ball striking and scoring its time. What is there to expect from the PXG fitting? Did you do full bag? Obviously you did driver and irons. Im excited to go tomorrow, and after everything ive read do not see me not liking the clubs.

> @asumnerdawg said:

> > @bastarf said:

> > > @usmarine said:

> > > > @asumnerdawg said:

> > > > How much are the 0211's per club through Hero's pricing?

> > >

> > > $105 per with stock shaft offering. $25 up charge for upgraded shafts.

> >

> > FWIW, PXG also offer upgraded shafts not listed on the website configurator as well. Upcharge for those shafts are at market rate and the 2-3 shafts I inquired about had 3-4 week build times due to the shafts being special ordered. From the sound of it, they could order whatever shaft you want.

>

> Thanks. Is it frowned upon to have a veteran buy them for you?

>

I believe Heroes is open to immediate family members of veterans.

> @"Marco Colo" said:

> > @usmarine said:

> > > @1Mordrid1 said:

> > > > @JohnKHawk said:

> > > > > @OspreyCI said:

> > > > > > @asumnerdawg said:

> > > > > > > @bastarf said:

> > > > > > > > @usmarine said:

> > > > > > > > > @asumnerdawg said:

> > > > > > > > > How much are the 0211's per club through Hero's pricing?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > $105 per with stock shaft offering. $25 up charge for upgraded shafts.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > FWIW, PXG also offer upgraded shafts not listed on the website configurator as well. Upcharge for those shafts are at market rate and the 2-3 shafts I inquired about had 3-4 week build times due to the shafts being special ordered. From the sound of it, they could order whatever shaft you want.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks. Is it frowned upon to have a veteran buy them for you?

> > > > > >

> > > > > I would say “yes” it is, or should be, frowned upon to buy a set for someone that is not a Veteran. Most Vets were taught honesty and integrity. I wouldn’t do it myself for anyone.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sorry, just saying.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Seeing quite a few of the PXG 0211's on the bay. Wondering if some people are buying through hero's program & then flipping them to make some quick cash.

> > >

> > > Unfortunately I think that is the case. Especially with the 0211s because the Heroes price is over 40% lower. With the 0311 there is not such a drastic difference in hero pricing, so the risk of trying to flip them is much greater.

> > >

> > > I have also seen a ton of "brand new" Gen 1 0811x drivers for sale lately as well, which is probably people selling the free driver to recoup some of the cost of the irons. Since the driver was offered free, it is a little more of a grey area. I tried mine and loved it, but if it had not worked for me, I probably would have sold it and put the proceeds towards the Gen 2. But there are probably several people that purchased the 0211 irons for the free driver and discounted putter just to sell all of it.

> >

> > At the risk of sounding judgmental I think it is in poor taste to try and profit off of the goodwill of PXG. Anyone who has listened to Bob Parsons talk about his appreciation for everything the Marines taught him will understand why he built the heroes program. I may eventually trade my 0211’s or give them to someone new to the game but I will be damned if I will sell them on eBay, BST or any other site. I could understand giving the driver away but selling it is out of the question. That being said veterans are just people some are good some are bad. I have always believed in the adage that 10% bad apples exist in every society.

>

> Anyone thinks it is goodwill is very naive, at least.

> The guy knows how to make business and surely they sell those sticks with still some margin (and they cleared all the leftovers as well). Maybe they are increasing the market shares in order to sell the company to another OEM or to an investor group. I would not be overly surprised. It should be quite an expensive toy and the high price point doesn't allow them make huge volumes and return of the costs and initial investment.

>

Parsons is a billionaire and avid golfer and golf equipment ho he doesnt need to sell company. If he breaks even who cares to him? If they were in trouble they wouldnt be coming out with new product this year like gen2 putters (which are great) and 0211 irons. I prob wouldnt have given driver away with purchase of irons maybe $100 and not offer a $175-200 handcrafted shaft with it but they do. Think what you want about Dr Bob but man is a true American success story and loves golf what more can you want??? Watch the interview of him on this website with Johnny Wunder.

> @milesnotsmiles said:

> > @spk7 said:

> > Unless you can get the hero discount they’re overprice

>

> agreed, all of PXG is overpriced, but especially these clubs IMHO... But it is a great deal that they offer to veterans on their entry level set. I don't benefit from it at all, but makes me like them more as a company for doing it honestly.

Maybe an argument on the Gen2 irons and the milled wedges being overpriced and Id agree. Driver only $25 more than a Taylor Made and Fairways and hybrids maybe slightly overpriced. Gen2 putters are better than any Scotty Ive had and are priced similiar. The 0211 irons at retail are priced little higher than comparable cast Ping and Titleist irons but also have more tech in them. So overall no not that overpriced. I also think PXG knows that prob half of Heroes purchases are prob for a friend or family member of a veteran. Theyre doing a great thing for vets and increasing market share while making some money. Not a bad business model.

> @"Spaulding S." said:

> Back to the subject of the 0211’s, and away from Bob Parsons’ business practices, I’m returning the 0211’s. I just don’t see the benefits over the Gen 1’s and have actually replaced the 0211’s in my bag with my Gen 1’s. It’s hard to justify keeping them if they aren’t displacing my 0311’s. I already have a Gen 2 driver, so as nice as that was as a bonus, didn’t really add that much for me. I’m sure it has a lot to do with the MMT shafts, but kind of a crap shoot since I wasn’t getting properly fitted.

I was told too uf you return the 0211s also have to return the free driver as well.

Just got mine in the mail yesterday. Got the Elevate Tour shafts, hardstepped x1.. Recommended by the over the phone fitter I worked with. They look and feel great with a couple of swings inside before I got yelled at by my wife... Can't wait to get out and actually hit them. Already feel like a huge improvement from my Mizuno MP-15 set I got off eBay beginning of the season.

Free driver was a plus as well. Evenflow white shaft which just looks amazing.

• Like 1

As for the Hero Program: I did my fitting today. The Free Gen1 Driver, and the 95$ Gen1 putters are still available to those who are eligible for Hero Program. *also gen 1 driving irons are 95$.

I worked with Blake at TPC Tampa. He was great, spent 2 hours with me. Definitely knew his Sh!t. Spent his time, didnt rush and made the experience very enjoyable. At this moment I am 9hcp usually ranging from 8-10 hcp area. I get around a course normally 83-87 with occasional 90 and can get hot and shoot 76-80 here and there. Been playing Nike vapor fly pro irons that I purchased used from a buddy 3 years ago. Ironically Blake (the fitter) recommended standard lie angle (pxg specs) but that is .75 deg more flat than the Nikes I was playing. Also the Nikes were 3/4" longer shafts. As for the 0211 I felt they were great irons. 7i distanace 175-180 and more forgiving than my Nikes. He fit me for the Elevate tour shafts (the stock shafts). Blake did try multiple different shafts with me and the stock shafts produced the best numbers. I hit the 0211 better than the Nikes, better flight, better grouping, and feel was better. Also got fit for Gen 1 driving 2i, forget which shaft, stiff graphite something but that is on sale for 95$ as well! I play M4 driver now, but was never fit for it. Blake went through 8 different shafts with me for the Gen 1 driver. As soon as we put on the Alida NV blue I hit 2 balls and could tell this was much better and Blake immediately said "we found your shaft". Distance was similar to my M4, but my miss was much less. Ill probably have to toy with it on the range to see if it will take the place of my M4.

Overall, with the hero discount it was a no brainer for me, especially with the free driver. If I was not eligible for the "hero" discount I probably would taken more time and hit a few more brands. But I liked the look and feel of the 0211s. I hit them noticeably better than the irons I have been playing for a few years. They do not look as "clunky" in person as they do in pictures I have seen. For someone who has not been fit before, it was as impressive experience. I am confident that the fitter knew what he was doing and was important to him that he did me right.

Ended up getting 4-aw 0211s, gen1 driving iron and the free gen1 driver all for 1060$ after shipping and tax... hard to argue that deal. Excited to get them in a few weeks.

> @ssfranny said:

> > @"Spaulding S." said:

> > Back to the subject of the 0211’s, and away from Bob Parsons’ business practices, I’m returning the 0211’s. I just don’t see the benefits over the Gen 1’s and have actually replaced the 0211’s in my bag with my Gen 1’s. It’s hard to justify keeping them if they aren’t displacing my 0311’s. I already have a Gen 2 driver, so as nice as that was as a bonus, didn’t really add that much for me. I’m sure it has a lot to do with the MMT shafts, but kind of a crap shoot since I wasn’t getting properly fitted.

>

> I was told too uf you return the 0211s also have to return the free driver as well.

Of course. I sent the driver back as well.

Are you gonna eat your fat?

I did some light range testing with the 6 iron on Sunday before my round and I don't feel like the 0211 felt as good on the range as it did in the fitting. I wasn't too impressed with it on the range, but I must admit I didn't really have a thorough session with it either. Just hit about 15 or so balls with it before my round.

At this point, I'm not confident enough in them to put them in play for a round, but I am planning to get back out to the range after work this week to give it a second go.

Just saw the full set today at my club. Been hearing the stories about how big they were. I think they look great. Offset in the scoring clubs are ideal looki ng to me. I just bought some ping 3.o wedges and i would say that the wedge on the 0211 fits perfectly with it. Actually really surprised how good they look. The finish is fantastic. Heroes pricing as well. I guess we will see, but I am happier now that i have seen them in person and literally ordered them right after i saw them

> @bastarf said:

> I did some light range testing with the 6 iron on Sunday before my round and I don't feel like the 0211 felt as good on the range as it did in the fitting. I wasn't too impressed with it on the range, but I must admit I didn't really have a thorough session with it either. Just hit about 15 or so balls with it before my round.

>

> At this point, I'm not confident enough in them to put them in play for a round, but I am planning to get back out to the range after work this week to give it a second go.

Not many clubs out there will feel good with range balls.

> @bastarf said:

> > @1Mordrid1 said:

>

> > Not many clubs out there will feel good with range balls.

>

> True, but testing different clubs in the exact same conditions, course or not, is a great way to get a like for like comparison.

I was not trying to compare it to the feel of other clubs, just to your previous experience during with the PXGs during a fitting. If you use a similar ball to what was used in the fitting then you should be able to at least re-create the feeling they had in the fitting.

My G700s were some of the worst feeling clubs I have ever played when hitting hard range balls. But with a tour ball they were just middle of the road.

> @K13 said:

> Lots of talk about heroes pricing, etc on here. Just noticed that the price is up at $125 for it now, and the full 10-club set at $136/club deal they were offering is gone too.

It was probably a mad rush to get sets out into the wild to get organic marketing going. I'm surprised that there's not a lot of reviews/alternative marketing out there for the 0211's.

So after roughly 4 rds of golf, I thought it would be a good time to add my experience with the 0211 irons. I purchased these back on the 4th of July and they were delivered July 20, just for timeline purposes. A little about me, I've been playing golf going on 7 years now (age 41) former college baseball player. I'm a decent player typically shooting 80-85 when I'm in season vs 88-95 when I'm just getting started again. Driver has been the "club" that makes or breaks my rounds...but that has been fixed this year. Anyways, I've tried all kinds of irons over the last 7 years mainly staying around the GI style irons, but have dabbled in the Players distance irons too (ex. off the top of my head; Forged Tec, Fly Z Plus, Ap1's, 850 Forged, EZ Forged, CMB's, 900 HM, 545's, 745's, 0311XF and just recently the 919 HM). I love playing a forged iron, but i realized over the last 2 years that a little helping iron would benefit me more so I've went that route. I do miss the true forged feeling but most of the irons I've played havent been that far from that feeling.

Now on to the 0211's....first like everyone else has mentioned, they aren't as big as they look in the pics, I find them to be perfect in the size area & give me enough confidence looking down on them...they're smaller than the 919 HM. I wasn't fit for these, but ordered them with the Elevate Tour Xstiff (122g) so they'd be close to the Lz 6.5 (125g) I was playing. I know that these irons aren't forged, but I'll tell you this the feel & sound coming off these clubs when you hit it flush or remotely flush is just AWESOME. My buddy and I played Saturday together & he hadn't seen these clubs yet, but he just kept complimenting the sound and flight after every shot I hit with them. These clubs with the shafts are just a perfect fit for me. They're giving me a nice mid/high ball flight with just the perfect amount of spin to hold greens like I like. After just 1 9 hole round I knew they were going into the back and not looking back. The only negative I have to say about these clubs & I said this about the 0311XF I had last year...the grips that PXG use are complete garbage. I haven't changed them yet, but I am going to very soon. The turf interaction for me is really good, I'm a digger by trade & have not had any problems getting the club through the turf (with exceptions of my bad swings). For me they've been point & shoot and really look forward to getting out each round & putting more time in with them. Not the best review probably in some peoples minds, but if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (11.5d) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Project X Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Aldila Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO MP 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi Rev 2.0 

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

Intrigued by the number ID for the new PXG irons.

PXG owner Bob Parsons served in the Marine Corps. His early irons were designated as 0311 model, which is the military occupational specialty (MOS) code for infantry rifleman, the base of USMC.

Now the follow-on irons are designated as 0211 model, the MOS code for basic **intelligence analyst**. So level with us, @jjfcpa , did you have to pass any test to see if you were smart enuf to use 'em? ;) Just wondering...

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

> @GFish said:

> So, if you for some reason you don't like the clubs, you have 30 days to send them back for refund? Whether purchased online or in person fitting. If so, that is really backing up your clubs!

Haha theyre business practices all over the place. Now price of 0211s are up to $125 and if you send back clubs now pay for shipping AND have to pay a 20% restock fee. Hmmmm they must be getting a lot of returns.

> @ssfranny said:

> > @"Spaulding S." said:

> > Back to the subject of the 0211’s, and away from Bob Parsons’ business practices, I’m returning the 0211’s. I just don’t see the benefits over the Gen 1’s and have actually replaced the 0211’s in my bag with my Gen 1’s. It’s hard to justify keeping them if they aren’t displacing my 0311’s. I already have a Gen 2 driver, so as nice as that was as a bonus, didn’t really add that much for me. I’m sure it has a lot to do with the MMT shafts, but kind of a crap shoot since I wasn’t getting properly fitted.

>

> I was told too uf you return the 0211s also have to return the free driver as well.

With a 20% restock fee theyre gonna flood market with 0211s.

> @ssfranny said:

> > @GFish said:

> > So, if you for some reason you don't like the clubs, you have 30 days to send them back for refund? Whether purchased online or in person fitting. If so, that is really backing up your clubs!

>

>

> **Haha theyre business practices all over the place. Now price of 0211s are up to $125 and if you send back clubs now pay for shipping AND have to pay a 20% restock fee. Hmmmm they must be getting a lot of returns.

>

At least PXG will take custom fit clubs minus the restocking fee. And if they are "stock" there usually is no restocking fee. Callaway takes custom returns as well, but Taylormade, Srixon and Titleist will not take back custom fit clubs at all. Mizuno has to give special authorization prior to return on custom clubs.

As for shipping, PXG refunds the outbound shipping, but the returnee is responsible for return postage. All of the other manufacturers do not refund outbound shipping charges, but do provide return shipping labels.

So yeah, I guess PXG is being completely outrageous with their return policy and should be completely bashed for it.

Still think it is a good deal. Not sure how many other club mfgs offer a 30 day play guarantee regardless of restocking fee. I never know how good clubs will be until I play with them a while. :)

> @ssfranny said:

> > @GFish said:

> > So, if you for some reason you don't like the clubs, you have 30 days to send them back for refund? Whether purchased online or in person fitting. If so, that is really backing up your clubs!

>

>

> Haha theyre business practices all over the place. Now price of 0211s are up to $125 and if you send back clubs now pay for shipping AND have to pay a 20% restock fee. Hmmmm they must be getting a lot of returns.

>