2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Etiquette vs pace of play

At the Worlds, my son was paired up with a playing partner with oversensitive caddy and another with an over noisy entourage. Needless to say, the round was a bit tense than I like.

The former caddy barked at the other for slightest movement or noise, waived off the entourage spectator from walking ahead of the group, and prevented us from putting our clubs away after our shots.

The other caddy was annoyed that the group was playing so slow and didn't hold back on his frustration.

We ended up getting carded half way through our round.

How do you balance etiquette vs pace of play?

Do you move when others are going through their pre-shot routine?

Do you take practice swings when not your turn?

How bout moving ahead of the group to your ball after your turn but before others?

How about walking around the green to read your putt, while it's not your turn?

If not your turn, when are you allowed to move, and when should you freeze like Olaf?

> @mrshinsa said:

> At the Worlds, my son was paired up with a playing partner with oversensitive caddy and another with an over noisy entourage. Needless to say, the round was a bit tense than I like.

> The former caddy barked at the other for slightest movement or noise, waived off the entourage spectator from walking ahead of the group, and prevented us from putting our clubs away after our shots.

> The other caddy was annoyed that the group was playing so slow and didn't hold back on his frustration.

> We ended up getting carded half way through our round.

>

> How do you balance etiquette vs pace of play?

> Do you move when others are going through their pre-shot routine?

> Do you take practice swings when not your turn?

> How bout moving ahead of the group to your ball after your turn but before others?

> How about walking around the green to read your putt, while it's not your turn?

> If not your turn, when are you allowed to move, and when should you freeze like Olaf?

>

Sounds like the one caddie was out of line in demanding no movement, no spectators moving ahead, etc. that’s ridiculous. It’s very common for spectators to watch from ahead and it’s very common for players that have played their shot to begin, courteously, moving toward their next shot.

It is perfectly reasonable for any player/caddie to expect silence and still for the brief period of time the player is approaching and then hitting his/her shot.

Players should not be taking practice swings while another is getting ready to hit. It confuses who is actually playing next. This is especially true on chip shots around the green and approach shots when the players are a good ways apart.

> @mrshinsa said:

> At the Worlds, my son was paired up with a playing partner with oversensitive caddy and another with an over noisy entourage. Needless to say, the round was a bit tense than I like.

> The former caddy barked at the other for slightest movement or noise, waived off the entourage spectator from walking ahead of the group, and prevented us from putting our clubs away after our shots.

> The other caddy was annoyed that the group was playing so slow and didn't hold back on his frustration.

>

> How bout moving ahead of the group to your ball after your turn but before others?

> How about walking around the green to read your putt, while it's not your turn?

> If not your turn, when are you allowed to move, and when should you freeze like Olaf?

>

Sounds like the caddy has watched a little to much PGA tour. Very common for the other kids (as well as Pros) to move to their next shot. I mean if you're within 5 feet of each other that's a different thing. The thing that annoys me is the kids that will grab their bags while other kids are teeing off.

My son has been playing a lot lately with a boy who's dad is a caddie on the PGA Tour. We were all on a tee box and my son backed off his shot because of the noise they were making. He says, 'You think it's quiet on tour? There are cameras going off during your swing, people talking, kids making noise, etc. You better get used to it.'

• Like 1
There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

> @mrshinsa said:

>

>

In general I do all of those things, but then I'd be more selective about during a tournament round, and even more so during an important tournament (which it's probably fair to say I'll never personally play in!). As your question premise implies, there's a balance and I'd normally try and find it based on the importance of golf being played (more in favour of pace of play for a social game, and vice versa). The problem is , everybody will see that balance differently, and unfortunately many people are so convinced that their own way is right that they'll be objectionable when somebody else doesn't do likewise. The only thing you can do is what you feel is the right balance, be prepared to calmly explain your reasoning when somebody objects.

I think a lot of this is right in line with the complaints some pros are having about pace of play. Koepka even stated that players are not getting ready or figuring out their yardages until they are up. Unless you are right next to each other, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to walk ahead figure out your yardage, get your glove on, plan your shot, etc. when the other guys is going through his routine.

> @leezer99 said:

> My son has been playing a lot lately with a boy who's dad is a caddie on the PGA Tour. We were all on a tee box and my son backed off his shot because of the noise they were making. He says, 'You think it's quiet on tour? There are cameras going off during your swing, people talking, kids making noise, etc. You better get used to it.'

It sucks, but this is a fact of life in competitive golf. Some kids/caddies will make noise on purpose and others have no fucking clue what they are doing. Either way, I also believe that kids needs to get used to this if they want to move on in golf. The only thing that bothers me is when a kid hits his shot and starts walking down the fairway before the next player hits. I think this is rude and also a bit dangerous. Who knows when a shank can appear and accidentally snipe the other kid. Also, I've noticed kids doing something else on the tee box. Literally 2 seconds before the kid hitting makes contact, the other kid starts his stride to walk to his ball. I don't understand this, but I see this more and more. You really can't wait 2 seconds until the ball is actually in the air before walking?

> @kekoa said:

> > @leezer99 said:

"Also, I've noticed kids doing something else on the tee box. Literally 2 seconds before the kid hitting makes contact, the other kid starts his stride to walk to his ball. I don't understand this, but I see this more and more. You really can't wait 2 seconds until the ball is actually in the air before walking?"

I noticed this every tournament.

One director threaten to add 2 strokes any kid he noticed doing it.

> @Mikey5e said:

> I am just a mid capper but I don't like others moving while I am in my routine. To me, one's routine is on an equal level as actually taking your shot. In casual golf things are more relaxed.

I would tell you to get bent. If you aren't getting in the zone during your routine then you aren't focused anyway. If you are going through your routine and your brain is really focused, then you have no idea what people are doing around you anyway. Probably why you are a mid capper. Do you know what the difference is between a casual round and a tournament round is for a tournament golfer? Nothing.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

I will just say this most of the players and spectators are quiet. I never seen anyone ever either spectator or player who didn’t respect a players right to privacy to the point you had to get an official to throw out the person.

Also a player can and usually gets a few moments of silence but there are always distractions bird, alligators and yes the dog barking. Every tournament I have been in there has been at least 1 hole where the distractions were beyond what any golfer should deal with. The distractions I am talking about are chainsaws excessive events with mega phones, jets that are flying 100 feet overhead and even gunshots from a shotgun range nearby. In all cases the kids delt with better then you could every hope for and never made a big deal about it.

Pace of play is way more important because no one wants to deal with a marathon 6 or 7 hour round.

> @kekoa said:

> > @leezer99 said:

> > My son has been playing a lot lately with a boy who's dad is a caddie on the PGA Tour. We were all on a tee box and my son backed off his shot because of the noise they were making. He says, 'You think it's quiet on tour? There are cameras going off during your swing, people talking, kids making noise, etc. You better get used to it.'

>

> It sucks, but this is a fact of life in competitive golf. Some kids/caddies will make noise on purpose and others have no **** clue what they are doing. Either way, I also believe that kids needs to get used to this if they want to move on in golf. The only thing that bothers me is when a kid hits his shot and starts walking down the fairway before the next player hits. I think this is rude and also a bit dangerous. Who knows when a shank can appear and accidentally snipe the other kid. Also, I've noticed kids doing something else on the tee box. Literally 2 seconds before the kid hitting makes contact, the other kid starts his stride to walk to his ball. I don't understand this, but I see this more and more. You really can't wait 2 seconds until the ball is actually in the air before walking?

>

I hate the kids walking ahead it’s stupid and down right dangerous. Some kids do intentionally and will walk just before the green in the fairway to mess you up. I told my daughter if there that stupid warn them about it and just hit it if they don’t get the idea why they shouldn’t be there. My daughter hits it hard so once they hear a few balls over there heads usually cures that problem.

It is also okay to teach you kid to tell off kids who move when there on the tee box. In some cases they have to tell them to move off to the cart path in extreme cases.

We had a similar experience on the last day - My wife (spectating with our two younger girls) got barked at by a mom in the group for my daughter making noise. There was a 2-group backup . The women told my wife "This is unacceptable and you need to take her over there (pointing to someones back yard)" LOL , My wife is hyper-conscious of not being disruptive, very aware of golf etiquette and always keeps respectable distance from play. Obviously, we are responsible for our children - not deferring any blame, but this literally was as everyone was sitting around waiting , no one on the tee or green. My wife was already as far back as she could be without basically sitting on the homeowners back porch. After all this is USKG - highly promoted as a family events. You cant have your kids screaming in peoples backswings, but there will be kids out there watching - there are going to be some distractions from time to time. The husband, caddying for their son, called over a rules official the next hole throwing his hands in the air that our groups spectators were walking behind the green (par 3) while they were hitting...."This is just ridiculous, they were walking behind the green ...." she heard him from down the fairway, haha.. Our spectators were staying on the path (per guidelines), which happened to loop around the back of the green...how the heck else are they going to get to the next hole? haha. Funny enough, the rules guy basically told him to chill out and to wait a few seconds to hit if it was a distraction. Anyway, we shook it off and thankfully there were no more backups that day. Just like life , from time to time you are going to run into some really unreasonable people out there who take it all too serious. I know a dad who was in their group and cant wait to hear his story of their day, no doubt he had a less than pleasant experience as well.

Additionally I will add that while you are out there...you are mostly unaware of any extra noises or distractions. Many times we have had other players or spectators apologize for moving or making a noise and honestly, me or my son never even noticed and it wasnt even an issue. Its important to be able to get in a zone and its all blocked out anyway.

> @tiger1873 said:

> I hate the kids walking ahead it’s stupid and down right dangerous. Some kids do intentionally and will walk just before the green in the fairway to mess you up. I told my daughter if there that stupid warn them about it and just hit it if they don’t get the idea why they shouldn’t be there. My daughter hits it hard so once they hear a few balls over there heads usually cures that problem.

>

>

> It is also okay to teach you kid to tell off kids who move when there on the tee box. In some cases they have to tell them to move off to the cart path in extreme cases.

Excuse me, you tell your daughter to intentionally put other players in danger? And when she hits some kid in the head and he (or she) goes off in an ambulance, you'll congratulate her, I suppose. And here I thought golf was at least partially about sportsmanship, silly me.

> @davep043 said:

> > @tiger1873 said:

>

> > I hate the kids walking ahead it’s stupid and down right dangerous. Some kids do intentionally and will walk just before the green in the fairway to mess you up. I told my daughter if there that stupid warn them about it and just hit it if they don’t get the idea why they shouldn’t be there. My daughter hits it hard so once they hear a few balls over there heads usually cures that problem.

> >

> >

> > It is also okay to teach you kid to tell off kids who move when there on the tee box. In some cases they have to tell them to move off to the cart path in extreme cases.

>

> Excuse me, you tell your daughter to intentionally put other players in danger? And when she hits some kid in the head and he (or she) goes off in an ambulance, you'll congratulate her, I suppose. And here I thought golf was at least partially about sportsmanship, silly me.

Lighten up Dave.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

> @tiger1873 said:

> > @kekoa said:

> > > @leezer99 said:

> > > My son has been playing a lot lately with a boy who's dad is a caddie on the PGA Tour. We were all on a tee box and my son backed off his shot because of the noise they were making. He says, 'You think it's quiet on tour? There are cameras going off during your swing, people talking, kids making noise, etc. You better get used to it.'

> >

> > It sucks, but this is a fact of life in competitive golf. Some kids/caddies will make noise on purpose and others have no **** clue what they are doing. Either way, I also believe that kids needs to get used to this if they want to move on in golf. The only thing that bothers me is when a kid hits his shot and starts walking down the fairway before the next player hits. I think this is rude and also a bit dangerous. Who knows when a shank can appear and accidentally snipe the other kid. Also, I've noticed kids doing something else on the tee box. Literally 2 seconds before the kid hitting makes contact, the other kid starts his stride to walk to his ball. I don't understand this, but I see this more and more. You really can't wait 2 seconds until the ball is actually in the air before walking?

> >

>

> I hate the kids walking ahead it’s stupid and down right dangerous. Some kids do intentionally and will walk just before the green in the fairway to mess you up. I told my daughter if there that stupid warn them about it and just hit it if they don’t get the idea why they shouldn’t be there. My daughter hits it hard so once they hear a few balls over there heads usually cures that problem.

>

>

> It is also okay to teach you kid to tell off kids who move when there on the tee box. In some cases they have to tell them to move off to the cart path in extreme cases.

What do you mean by “walk ahead”? My son is generally one of the shorter hitters in these big events so we often play our approach shot first (or second shot on a par5). We then typically begin moving toward our next shot—especially on par 5’s) by walking outside the fairway on the opposite side from where others are hitting (assuming that’s possible).

We will also walk up around green high but well off the actual target area and off the green to begin preparing for chip shots, etc.

I hope this isn’t what you’re referencing because this is encouraged now.

I am one of those dad who encourages his child to walk ahead but safely up to his ball. We have the distance, club choice and shots all discussed while the other person is taking his practice swings. When it is his turn he does his quick routine and it’s go time!! My son get really frustrated when kids take their own sweet time in walking to the ball and has no idea on club choice or anything when it is there turn.

- golf takes enough time.. the games needs to sped up so I am all about pace.

> @"Pinewood Golfer" said:

> > @tiger1873 said:

> > > @kekoa said:

> > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > My son has been playing a lot lately with a boy who's dad is a caddie on the PGA Tour. We were all on a tee box and my son backed off his shot because of the noise they were making. He says, 'You think it's quiet on tour? There are cameras going off during your swing, people talking, kids making noise, etc. You better get used to it.'

> > >

> > > It sucks, but this is a fact of life in competitive golf. Some kids/caddies will make noise on purpose and others have no **** clue what they are doing. Either way, I also believe that kids needs to get used to this if they want to move on in golf. The only thing that bothers me is when a kid hits his shot and starts walking down the fairway before the next player hits. I think this is rude and also a bit dangerous. Who knows when a shank can appear and accidentally snipe the other kid. Also, I've noticed kids doing something else on the tee box. Literally 2 seconds before the kid hitting makes contact, the other kid starts his stride to walk to his ball. I don't understand this, but I see this more and more. You really can't wait 2 seconds until the ball is actually in the air before walking?

> > >

> >

> > I hate the kids walking ahead it’s stupid and down right dangerous. Some kids do intentionally and will walk just before the green in the fairway to mess you up. I told my daughter if there that stupid warn them about it and just hit it if they don’t get the idea why they shouldn’t be there. My daughter hits it hard so once they hear a few balls over there heads usually cures that problem.

> >

> >

> > It is also okay to teach you kid to tell off kids who move when there on the tee box. In some cases they have to tell them to move off to the cart path in extreme cases.

>

> What do you mean by “walk ahead”? My son is generally one of the shorter hitters in these big events so we often play our approach shot first (or second shot on a par5). We then typically begin moving toward our next shot—especially on par 5’s) by walking outside the fairway on the opposite side from where others are hitting (assuming that’s possible).

>

> We will also walk up around green high but well off the actual target area and off the green to begin preparing for chip shots, etc.

>

> I hope this isn’t what you’re referencing because this is encouraged now.

No i am not talking about kids who walk way on the side and are out of the way like your talking about. I am talking about seeing kids who walk up in the fairway itself sometimes they even stand off to the side near a sand bunker just before a green especially if its narrow and water to opposite side where there standing. Kid used to aim to miss and it would end up missing the green or in the water. Also seen dads stand on the fringe in the back of the green. Also not good. Just plain stupid and asking to get hit.

If you want to walk ahead go to cart path or walk way off to the side so you will not be hit.

> @tiger1873 said:

> > @tatertot said:

> > > @tiger1873 said:

> > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > > My son has been playing a lot lately with a boy who's dad is a caddie on the PGA Tour. We were all on a tee box and my son backed off his shot because of the noise they were making. He says, 'You think it's quiet on tour? There are cameras going off during your swing, people talking, kids making noise, etc. You better get used to it.'

> > > >

> > > > It sucks, but this is a fact of life in competitive golf. Some kids/caddies will make noise on purpose and others have no **** clue what they are doing. Either way, I also believe that kids needs to get used to this if they want to move on in golf. The only thing that bothers me is when a kid hits his shot and starts walking down the fairway before the next player hits. I think this is rude and also a bit dangerous. Who knows when a shank can appear and accidentally snipe the other kid. Also, I've noticed kids doing something else on the tee box. Literally 2 seconds before the kid hitting makes contact, the other kid starts his stride to walk to his ball. I don't understand this, but I see this more and more. You really can't wait 2 seconds until the ball is actually in the air before walking?

> > > >

> > >

> > > I hate the kids walking ahead it’s stupid and down right dangerous. Some kids do intentionally and will walk just before the green in the fairway to mess you up. I told my daughter if there that stupid warn them about it and just hit it if they don’t get the idea why they shouldn’t be there. My daughter hits it hard so once they hear a few balls over there heads usually cures that problem.

> > >

> > >

> > > It is also okay to teach you kid to tell off kids who move when there on the tee box. In some cases they have to tell them to move off to the cart path in extreme cases.

> >

> > You are a true sportsmen. Teaching your kids to injure other kids is a great way to prep them for life.

> >

> > You go, Stud!*

> >

> >

> > *This is sarcasm, moron. You are everything that's wrong with youth sports today.

>

> At some point in tournament golf you release some people will do anything to ruin your kids game. That includes walking intentionally in front a few hundred yards so there not worried about hitting.

>

> You have UNDERSTAND THEY ALREADY IGNORED WARNINGS BECAUSE THEY ARE DOING IT ON PURPOSE. You have to learn that it's okay to hit people like that. I am not saying do it on purpose just don't be intimidated by them either. Same thing with parents who stand on the fringe when your kid is teeing off. If you do not want to get hit then don't stand in the way.

Why don’t you just focus on your kids game and forget about people trying to ruin his/her game.

If people ahead are a distraction then you should work on that! Focus and the ability to zone out is imperative in golf!

And your comments are really stupid IMO, and have met parents like you on the course..your kid is better off in no caddy tournaments.

> @kcap said:

> > @tiger1873 said:

> > > @tatertot said:

> > > > @tiger1873 said:

> > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > > > My son has been playing a lot lately with a boy who's dad is a caddie on the PGA Tour. We were all on a tee box and my son backed off his shot because of the noise they were making. He says, 'You think it's quiet on tour? There are cameras going off during your swing, people talking, kids making noise, etc. You better get used to it.'

> > > > >

> > > > > It sucks, but this is a fact of life in competitive golf. Some kids/caddies will make noise on purpose and others have no **** clue what they are doing. Either way, I also believe that kids needs to get used to this if they want to move on in golf. The only thing that bothers me is when a kid hits his shot and starts walking down the fairway before the next player hits. I think this is rude and also a bit dangerous. Who knows when a shank can appear and accidentally snipe the other kid. Also, I've noticed kids doing something else on the tee box. Literally 2 seconds before the kid hitting makes contact, the other kid starts his stride to walk to his ball. I don't understand this, but I see this more and more. You really can't wait 2 seconds until the ball is actually in the air before walking?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I hate the kids walking ahead it’s stupid and down right dangerous. Some kids do intentionally and will walk just before the green in the fairway to mess you up. I told my daughter if there that stupid warn them about it and just hit it if they don’t get the idea why they shouldn’t be there. My daughter hits it hard so once they hear a few balls over there heads usually cures that problem.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > It is also okay to teach you kid to tell off kids who move when there on the tee box. In some cases they have to tell them to move off to the cart path in extreme cases.

> > >

> > > You are a true sportsmen. Teaching your kids to injure other kids is a great way to prep them for life.

> > >

> > > You go, Stud!*

> > >

> > >

> > > *This is sarcasm, moron. You are everything that's wrong with youth sports today.

> >

> > At some point in tournament golf you release some people will do anything to ruin your kids game. That includes walking intentionally in front a few hundred yards so there not worried about hitting.

> >

> > You have UNDERSTAND THEY ALREADY IGNORED WARNINGS BECAUSE THEY ARE DOING IT ON PURPOSE. You have to learn that it's okay to hit people like that. I am not saying do it on purpose just don't be intimidated by them either. Same thing with parents who stand on the fringe when your kid is teeing off. If you do not want to get hit then don't stand in the way.

>

> Why don’t you just focus on your kids game and forget about people trying to ruin his/her game.

>

> If people ahead are a distraction then you should work on that! Focus and the ability to zone out is imperative in golf!

> And your comments are really stupid IMO, and have met parents like you on the course..your kid is better off in no caddy tournaments.

>

Have you honestly every played in tournament golf? I know some parents are dense but to say other kids don't play mind games is just plain clueless. One the things a kid needs to do is learn to deal with these mind games other kids play. If you actually read what I said I never said don't focus on your game.

Lots of games go on there just like some kids also play really slow which is bad too. In that case play ready golf and leave them running to the next hole. Usually they get the picture. Most the abusers are the ones talking etiquette.

> @tiger1873 said:

>

> You have UNDERSTAND THEY ALREADY IGNORED WARNINGS BECAUSE THEY ARE DOING IT ON PURPOSE. You have to learn that it's okay to hit people like that.

Uh no, its not OK, its NEVER OK to intentionally put another player in danger. To teach a child that its OK to hurt someone else, simply because you don't like their behavior, is irresponsible and reckless.

No matter if you are exaggerating or not, there is never, and I repeat never, a reason to tell your junior there is ever an excuse to hit into anyone. My son knows that is the unbreakable rule. If you are that perturbed about someone's actions in a tournament, call a Marshall or the tournament director and have it handled. If they know you are hitting and they refuse to move from your line of play then that is a breach of etiquette that needs to be handled player to player and if it persists contact the Marshall or TD.

Personally, my son abides by ready golf, he moves up if he is well off line. When it comes to approach shots, once he has hit his he will move off to the side and proceed to move up.

> @tiger1873 said:

> > @kcap said:

> > > @tiger1873 said:

> > > > @tatertot said:

> > > > > @tiger1873 said:

> > > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > > > > My son has been playing a lot lately with a boy who's dad is a caddie on the PGA Tour. We were all on a tee box and my son backed off his shot because of the noise they were making. He says, 'You think it's quiet on tour? There are cameras going off during your swing, people talking, kids making noise, etc. You better get used to it.'

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It sucks, but this is a fact of life in competitive golf. Some kids/caddies will make noise on purpose and others have no **** clue what they are doing. Either way, I also believe that kids needs to get used to this if they want to move on in golf. The only thing that bothers me is when a kid hits his shot and starts walking down the fairway before the next player hits. I think this is rude and also a bit dangerous. Who knows when a shank can appear and accidentally snipe the other kid. Also, I've noticed kids doing something else on the tee box. Literally 2 seconds before the kid hitting makes contact, the other kid starts his stride to walk to his ball. I don't understand this, but I see this more and more. You really can't wait 2 seconds until the ball is actually in the air before walking?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I hate the kids walking ahead it’s stupid and down right dangerous. Some kids do intentionally and will walk just before the green in the fairway to mess you up. I told my daughter if there that stupid warn them about it and just hit it if they don’t get the idea why they shouldn’t be there. My daughter hits it hard so once they hear a few balls over there heads usually cures that problem.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It is also okay to teach you kid to tell off kids who move when there on the tee box. In some cases they have to tell them to move off to the cart path in extreme cases.

> > > >

> > > > You are a true sportsmen. Teaching your kids to injure other kids is a great way to prep them for life.

> > > >

> > > > You go, Stud!*

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > *This is sarcasm, moron. You are everything that's wrong with youth sports today.

> > >

> > > At some point in tournament golf you release some people will do anything to ruin your kids game. That includes walking intentionally in front a few hundred yards so there not worried about hitting.

> > >

> > > You have UNDERSTAND THEY ALREADY IGNORED WARNINGS BECAUSE THEY ARE DOING IT ON PURPOSE. You have to learn that it's okay to hit people like that. I am not saying do it on purpose just don't be intimidated by them either. Same thing with parents who stand on the fringe when your kid is teeing off. If you do not want to get hit then don't stand in the way.

> >

> > Why don’t you just focus on your kids game and forget about people trying to ruin his/her game.

> >

> > If people ahead are a distraction then you should work on that! Focus and the ability to zone out is imperative in golf!

> > And your comments are really stupid IMO, and have met parents like you on the course..your kid is better off in no caddy tournaments.

> >

> Have you honestly every played in tournament golf? I know some parents are dense but to say other kids don't play mind games is just plain clueless. One the things a kid needs to do is learn to deal with these mind games other kids play. If you actually read what I said I never said don't focus on your game.

>

> Lots of games go on there just like some kids also play really slow which is bad too. In that case play ready golf and leave them running to the next hole. Usually they get the picture. Most the abusers are the ones talking etiquette.

Did you even read what I said? Clearly not, cause I never said no body plays mind games. I only asked to focus on yourself which is what did and trying to teach my son..

Anyway, it is useless arguing with you. Go ask your kids to hit other kids and blame everyone else. Good luck!

> @davep043 said:

> > @tiger1873 said:

> >

> > You have UNDERSTAND THEY ALREADY IGNORED WARNINGS BECAUSE THEY ARE DOING IT ON PURPOSE. You have to learn that it's okay to hit people like that.

>

> Uh no, its not OK, its NEVER OK to intentionally put another player in danger. To teach a child that its OK to hurt someone else, simply because you don't like their behavior, is irresponsible and reckless.

> @BloctonGolf11 said:

> No matter if you are exaggerating or not, there is never, and I repeat never, a reason to tell your junior there is ever an excuse to hit into anyone. My son knows that is the unbreakable rule. If you are that perturbed about someone's actions in a tournament, call a Marshall or the tournament director and have it handled. If they know you are hitting and they refuse to move from your line of play then that is a breach of etiquette that needs to be handled player to player and if it persists contact the Marshall or TD.

>

> Personally, my son abides by ready golf, he moves up if he is well off line. When it comes to approach shots, once he has hit his he will move off to the side and proceed to move up.

I had a much stronger reaction to the "it's OK to hit people" line than these 2 gentlemen, but they did a much better job than I did of putting it into words, so I'll just leave it at "well said."

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag