Henrik Stenson sits out of playoffs....

Titleist99

> @agolf1 said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @agolf1 said:

> > > The playoffs in golf doesn't really mean you are the "champion" for the year like in other sports. The four most important winners have already been determined.

> > >

> > > I also think the playoffs here is too random. There's too many points awarded to whomever gets hot in this 3 tournament (was 4 tournament) stretch. If you want to argue its like the NCAA basketball, OK maybe. But most other sports the best teams are usually playing late too.

> >

> > College Basketball) HAVE TOURNAMENTS WITH A TOURNAMENT ((Baseball)....Pennant champion ,World Series (Football)....division Champ, Super bowl (College football).....Many Bowl games ( Basketball)...….conference champs, finals champ. My point is all sports have contrived season events because it is about entertainment and money$$$,

>

> My point is no one thinks the FedEx Cup Champion is the undisputed champion of the golfing season. Anyone think Billy Horschel had a better 2014 than Rory?

Fair point but the FedEx Cup and Wyndhem points is based on season consistency.

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > Look like he's too far down the FedEx list to be a serious contender, and there's an event in Sweden that conflicts with the FedEx finals, anyway. That's an invitational, so he's probably looking as a pretty significant appearance fee.

> >

> > As I've always said, these Tour Pros are in control of their own schedule.....so stop complaining about the PGA Tour's schedule.

> I wasn’t.

>

So, it was mandatory that you play every tournament?

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @MountainGoat said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > > Look like he's too far down the FedEx list to be a serious contender, and there's an event in Sweden that conflicts with the FedEx finals, anyway. That's an invitational, so he's probably looking as a pretty significant appearance fee.

> > >

> > > As I've always said, these Tour Pros are in control of their own schedule.....so stop complaining about the PGA Tour's schedule.

> > I wasn’t.

> >

> So, it was mandatory that you play every tournament?

>

Nope, I never said it was. He elected not to play and chose to play somewhere else. Fine with me.

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > > > Look like he's too far down the FedEx list to be a serious contender, and there's an event in Sweden that conflicts with the FedEx finals, anyway. That's an invitational, so he's probably looking as a pretty significant appearance fee.

> > > >

> > > > As I've always said, these Tour Pros are in control of their own schedule.....so stop complaining about the PGA Tour's schedule.

> > > I wasn’t.

> > >

> > So, it was mandatory that you play every tournament?

> >

> Nope, I never said it was. He elected not to play and chose to play somewhere else. Fine with me.

>

Sorry for my misunderstanding. I concur, he should do what's best for him and his family.

> @mthomp1495 said:

> I wouldn't mind the playoffs as much if the "Race to the FedEx cup" wasn't endlessly focused on throughout the season. I don't care who is leading the FedEx Cup points in February.

Well FedEx wants you to think about it in February, so when you go to ship packages at work or at home you use them instead of UPS.

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @mthomp1495 said:

> > I wouldn't mind the playoffs as much if the "Race to the FedEx cup" wasn't endlessly focused on throughout the season. I don't care who is leading the FedEx Cup points in February.

>

> Well FedEx wants you to think about it in February, so when you go to ship packages at work or at home you use them instead of UPS.

Hahaha, their true motives shine through

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > Makes me think he could be going through some issues at home?

> >

> >

>

> always your go too.

>

> As far as the play offs go, they should move one of the majors to be one of the 4 events.

It’s only August s there’s still time for someone to top you, but so far this is the leader for worst idea of the year.

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @agolf1 said:

> > > > The playoffs in golf doesn't really mean you are the "champion" for the year like in other sports. The four most important winners have already been determined.

> > > >

> > > > I also think the playoffs here is too random. There's too many points awarded to whomever gets hot in this 3 tournament (was 4 tournament) stretch. If you want to argue its like the NCAA basketball, OK maybe. But most other sports the best teams are usually playing late too.

> > >

> > > College Basketball) HAVE TOURNAMENTS WITH A TOURNAMENT ((Baseball)....Pennant champion ,World Series (Football)....division Champ, Super bowl (College football).....Many Bowl games ( Basketball)...….conference champs, finals champ. My point is all sports have contrived season events because it is about entertainment and money$$$,

> >

> > My point is no one thinks the FedEx Cup Champion is the undisputed champion of the golfing season. Anyone think Billy Horschel had a better 2014 than Rory?

>

> Fair point but the FedEx Cup and Wyndhem points is based on season consistency.

I know that’s the idea but it hasn’t always worked that way in practice. Billy Horschel is a case in point. Patrick Reed is now number 2 in Fed Ex Cup points. Has he had the second best season so far? If he wins the Fed Ex Cup will he have been the most consistent player of 2019?

> @dalehead said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > Makes me think he could be going through some issues at home?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > always your go too.

> >

> > As far as the play offs go, they should move one of the majors to be one of the 4 events.

>

> It’s only August s there’s still time for someone to top you, but so far this is the leader for worst idea of the year.

why is it the worst idea? Granted, even I do not think it is a good one, but it would make the "playoffs" more interesting...

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @dalehead said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @agolf1 said:

> > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > @agolf1 said:

> > > > > The playoffs in golf doesn't really mean you are the "champion" for the year like in other sports. The four most important winners have already been determined.

> > > > >

> > > > > I also think the playoffs here is too random. There's too many points awarded to whomever gets hot in this 3 tournament (was 4 tournament) stretch. If you want to argue its like the NCAA basketball, OK maybe. But most other sports the best teams are usually playing late too.

> > > >

> > > > College Basketball) HAVE TOURNAMENTS WITH A TOURNAMENT ((Baseball)....Pennant champion ,World Series (Football)....division Champ, Super bowl (College football).....Many Bowl games ( Basketball)...….conference champs, finals champ. My point is all sports have contrived season events because it is about entertainment and money$$$,

> > >

> > > My point is no one thinks the FedEx Cup Champion is the undisputed champion of the golfing season. Anyone think Billy Horschel had a better 2014 than Rory?

> >

> > Fair point but the FedEx Cup and Wyndhem points is based on season consistency.

>

> I know that’s the idea but it hasn’t always worked that way in practice. Billy Horschel is a case in point. Patrick Reed is now number 2 in Fed Ex Cup points. Has he had the second best season so far? If he wins the Fed Ex Cup will he have been the most consistent player of 2019?

>

The FedEx Cup is season long until you get to the playoffs, then points quadruple and anything can happen.....remember, the best team don't always win the Super Bowl. Volatile playoffs is all we can ask for.....

> @agolf1 said:

> The playoffs in golf doesn't really mean you are the "champion" for the year like in other sports. The four most important winners have already been determined.

>

> I also think the playoffs here is too random. There's too many points awarded to whomever gets hot in this 3 tournament (was 4 tournament) stretch. If you want to argue its like the NCAA basketball, OK maybe. But most other sports the best teams are usually playing late too.

I would argue its not even real playoffs. Once the regular season is over there should be no points involved. Perform to a certain level in tournament #1 and move on, if not you are done. Same as tournament #2 with whatever the top number of finishers there moving on to the Tour Championship. Whoever wins the TC wins it FC. I find it ridiculous that they call it playoffs when you can sit out/miss a round and still move on.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

> @Bad9 said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > The playoffs in golf doesn't really mean you are the "champion" for the year like in other sports. The four most important winners have already been determined.

> >

> > I also think the playoffs here is too random. There's too many points awarded to whomever gets hot in this 3 tournament (was 4 tournament) stretch. If you want to argue its like the NCAA basketball, OK maybe. But most other sports the best teams are usually playing late too.

>

> I would argue its not even real playoffs. Once the regular season is over there should be no points involved. Perform to a certain level in tournament #1 and move on, if not you are done. Same as tournament #2 with whatever the top number of finishers there moving on to the Tour Championship. Whoever wins the TC wins it FC. I find it ridiculous that they call it playoffs when you can sit out/miss a round and still move on.

It's called a "Bye"...…..LOL!

> @MattyO1984 said:

> Part of me is with the cynical brigade in thinking that the number one reason he is doing it is because, as things stood, the chances of him making it to next week never mind the Tour Championship were pretty slim given his position in the rankings. The other part of me thinks that the money on offer to the players these days is so great that they don't really need to chase for it as much as they once would have wanted or needed to and if that's the case, then why not head home, still earn some money and not have to worry about the grind quite as much.

Ben Crane has made over $21,000,000 on tour and his last decent season was 2014. There is too much money in golf.

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @Bad9 said:

> > > @agolf1 said:

> > > The playoffs in golf doesn't really mean you are the "champion" for the year like in other sports. The four most important winners have already been determined.

> > >

> > > I also think the playoffs here is too random. There's too many points awarded to whomever gets hot in this 3 tournament (was 4 tournament) stretch. If you want to argue its like the NCAA basketball, OK maybe. But most other sports the best teams are usually playing late too.

> >

> > I would argue its not even real playoffs. Once the regular season is over there should be no points involved. Perform to a certain level in tournament #1 and move on, if not you are done. Same as tournament #2 with whatever the top number of finishers there moving on to the Tour Championship. Whoever wins the TC wins it FC. I find it ridiculous that they call it playoffs when you can sit out/miss a round and still move on.

>

> It's called a "Bye"...…..LOL!

Agree if its the first round. In previous years guys could sit out the second or third round(of the playoffs) and still move on. When it would 4 tournaments I could go along with a first round bye for a the leading points getters, top 10 or something, but not in second or third rounds. Now that's its down to three "playoff" rounds suck it up and play them all.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

> @Brass_Bullseye said:

> > @MattyO1984 said:

> > Part of me is with the cynical brigade in thinking that the number one reason he is doing it is because, as things stood, the chances of him making it to next week never mind the Tour Championship were pretty slim given his position in the rankings. The other part of me thinks that the money on offer to the players these days is so great that they don't really need to chase for it as much as they once would have wanted or needed to and if that's the case, then why not head home, still earn some money and not have to worry about the grind quite as much.

>

> Ben Crane has made over $21,000,000 on tour and his last decent season was 2014. There is too much money in golf.

Compared to? Sam Bradford has made something like $130M and his next decent season will be his first.

;)

I don't think I can blame the guy. He's likely getting a pretty good appearance fee, in his home country, as well as adding points to the Race to Dubai which he has a better standing on, on top of getting his money for the FEC bonus ($105,000), even without playing.

The FEC has never been something that has interested me, but the fact that it brings so many of the biggest names for these final few tournaments is something that I have always enjoyed. The guys that win the actual tournaments are much more exciting to me than the one who gets the now $15M prize at the end.

> @cdnglf said:

> > @Brass_Bullseye said:

> > > @MattyO1984 said:

> > > Part of me is with the cynical brigade in thinking that the number one reason he is doing it is because, as things stood, the chances of him making it to next week never mind the Tour Championship were pretty slim given his position in the rankings. The other part of me thinks that the money on offer to the players these days is so great that they don't really need to chase for it as much as they once would have wanted or needed to and if that's the case, then why not head home, still earn some money and not have to worry about the grind quite as much.

> >

> > Ben Crane has made over $21,000,000 on tour and his last decent season was 2014. There is too much money in golf.

>

> Compared to? Sam Bradford has made something like $130M and his next decent season will be his first.

> ;)

> @MidwestGolfBum said:

> I don't think I can blame the guy. He's likely getting a pretty good appearance fee, in his home country, as well as adding points to the Race to Dubai which he has a better standing on, on top of getting his money for the FEC bonus ($105,000), even without playing.

>

> The FEC has never been something that has interested me, but the fact that it brings so many of the biggest names for these final few tournaments is something that I have always enjoyed. The guys that win the actual tournaments are much more exciting to me than the one who gets the now $15M prize at the end.

Hmm, I didn't know that he gets paid just for qualifying for the playoffs....

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @Brass_Bullseye said:

> > > > @MattyO1984 said:

> > > > Part of me is with the cynical brigade in thinking that the number one reason he is doing it is because, as things stood, the chances of him making it to next week never mind the Tour Championship were pretty slim given his position in the rankings. The other part of me thinks that the money on offer to the players these days is so great that they don't really need to chase for it as much as they once would have wanted or needed to and if that's the case, then why not head home, still earn some money and not have to worry about the grind quite as much.

> > >

> > > Ben Crane has made over $21,000,000 on tour and his last decent season was 2014. There is too much money in golf.

> >

> > Compared to? Sam Bradford has made something like $130M and his next decent season will be his first.

> > ;)

>

> > @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > I don't think I can blame the guy. He's likely getting a pretty good appearance fee, in his home country, as well as adding points to the Race to Dubai which he has a better standing on, on top of getting his money for the FEC bonus ($105,000), even without playing.

> >

> > The FEC has never been something that has interested me, but the fact that it brings so many of the biggest names for these final few tournaments is something that I have always enjoyed. The guys that win the actual tournaments are much more exciting to me than the one who gets the now $15M prize at the end.

>

> Hmm, I didn't know that he gets paid just for qualifying for the playoffs....

Outside the top 30, it goes into a retirement account.

But still, $60,000,000 for 150 players, yes even 126-150 get a bonus.

https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsnetteam/2019/02/14/fedex-cup-bonus-pool-purse-winners-share-prize-money-payout-for-2019-and-beyond-111676/

Barring a top 5-10 idk the points he wasn’t gonna move onto bmw let alone TC . Props to him for spinning it this way when he’s winning financially from all angles. > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > @Brass_Bullseye said:

> > > > > @MattyO1984 said:

> > > > > Part of me is with the cynical brigade in thinking that the number one reason he is doing it is because, as things stood, the chances of him making it to next week never mind the Tour Championship were pretty slim given his position in the rankings. The other part of me thinks that the money on offer to the players these days is so great that they don't really need to chase for it as much as they once would have wanted or needed to and if that's the case, then why not head home, still earn some money and not have to worry about the grind quite as much.

> > > >

> > > > Ben Crane has made over $21,000,000 on tour and his last decent season was 2014. There is too much money in golf.

> > >

> > > Compared to? Sam Bradford has made something like $130M and his next decent season will be his first.

> > > ;)

> >

> > > @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > > I don't think I can blame the guy. He's likely getting a pretty good appearance fee, in his home country, as well as adding points to the Race to Dubai which he has a better standing on, on top of getting his money for the FEC bonus ($105,000), even without playing.

> > >

> > > The FEC has never been something that has interested me, but the fact that it brings so many of the biggest names for these final few tournaments is something that I have always enjoyed. The guys that win the actual tournaments are much more exciting to me than the one who gets the now $15M prize at the end.

> >

> > Hmm, I didn't know that he gets paid just for qualifying for the playoffs....

>

> Outside the top 30, it goes into a retirement account.

>

> But still, $60,000,000 for 150 players, yes even 126-150 get a bonus.

>

> https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsnetteam/2019/02/14/fedex-cup-bonus-pool-purse-winners-share-prize-money-payout-for-2019-and-beyond-111676/