Iblade vs. i210

boxerdoc

> @calfan36 said:

> Could anyone post address pics comparing the two? Thanks!

I will see if I can today, I am swinging by the shop to hopefully pick up my “new” hybrid.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @Foreleft said:

> LPGA players need the additional help from Ping I series irons, unlike the average GolfWrx prodigy.

Average clubhead speed for a 7i was 76mph on the LPGA for 2017 according to trackman. I swing my 7 at around 91-92 mph. Do you think that might produce a slightly different preference in club head? There is a reason you see basically no blades on the LPGA and you see tons on PGA.

![](https://dk-9a31.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/2017_LPGATourAVGs-TrackMan.jpg "")

I've played both and went with the iBlades. For me its the sole width, iBlade seems to have better turf interaction for me but YMMV. I do feel like the i210 launched a bit lower for me which seems to go against conventional wisdom but I see numerous people stating the same thing. I think the 210 is designed to spin less which means less curve and straighter flight which is what slighter higher caps are looking for. I will say the 210's are very attractive and by themselves look every bit as good as anything else but side by side there is def a difference. iBlade is just a tighter package, thinner top line but correct if all you saw was the 210 you'd know no difference.

• Like 1

Stay Tuned...

So, key differences:

1. i210 has a longer blade length

2. iBlade has a more compact and thinner overall profile and a less rounded leading edge

3. i210 has way more bounce

4. iBlade has a marginally thinner top line

jfnmbbeejtx5.jpeg

69sx8yyr5kee.jpeg

f4brxocrjw7r.jpeg

4c0h6u8r6p0g.jpeg

jr5eqqa6xh52.jpeg

• Like 1

They both look really nice. I like the profile of the iBlade a bit more than the i210.

PXG  9* 0811 X  Hazardous Smoke Yellow 60g Stiff

Wishon 929HS 3W  Wishon Black 65g Stiff

Wishon 929HS 7W  Wishon Black 65g R 

PXG 0211 5i DG 105 Regular

Wishon 575MMC  5 - AW  Wishon Superlight Stiff

Ping Glide 3.0  54*  KBS 610 Stiff shaft

Ping Glide 3.0  60*  Z-115 Wedge shaft

PING Anser 3 Goose Neck Putter   

I went from i210 to iBlade for most the reasons already identified. Much prefer the lower bounce and sole width of iBlade. IBlade feels better by a lot (to me). And like the less offset in the longer irons of the iBlades. The i210 short irons are nice. Kept the GW in i210. Hovland is now all i210s now from what I read on another site.

• Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5; Mitsubishi Diamana TB 60 S; 45.5”
  • Taylormade SIM Max 3w and 5w; Mitsubishi Diamana BF 70 S; 43.25” & 42.25”
  • Mizuno '21 CLK 19, 22 & 25; Fujikura Speeder EVO 75 HB Graphite S; Std L/L/L; sub for 5w, 4i & 5i
  • PXG 0311 P GEN3 PW-4i; Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff ; Std L/+0.75"/2 up
  • Vokey SM9 50F8 & 54S10 and SM8 58M8; Mitsubishi MMT 105 S in 50 & KBS 610 Wedge R+ in 54 & 58; Std L/+0.75"/1 up
  • Odyssey White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab Putter; 35/74; stock Odyssey grip
  • JumboMax JMX UltraLite small on all clubs except putter

> @GolfChannel said:

> So, key differences:

> 1. i210 has a longer blade length

> 2. iBlade has a more compact and thinner overall profile and a less rounded leading edge

> 3. i210 has way more bounce

> 4. iBlade has a marginally thinner top line

>

> jfnmbbeejtx5.jpeg

> 69sx8yyr5kee.jpeg

> f4brxocrjw7r.jpeg

> 4c0h6u8r6p0g.jpeg

> jr5eqqa6xh52.jpeg

>

Just out of curiosity, how do both of them handle misses towards the heel?

> @ThreeBoxers said:

> > @GolfChannel said:

> > So, key differences:

> > 1. i210 has a longer blade length

> > 2. iBlade has a more compact and thinner overall profile and a less rounded leading edge

> > 3. i210 has way more bounce

> > 4. iBlade has a marginally thinner top line

> >

> > jfnmbbeejtx5.jpeg

> > 69sx8yyr5kee.jpeg

> > f4brxocrjw7r.jpeg

> > 4c0h6u8r6p0g.jpeg

> > jr5eqqa6xh52.jpeg

> >

>

> Just out of curiosity, how do both of them handle misses towards the heel?

Both handle it well. The i210 retains ball speed better across the face if you really stray from the middle, but both are forgiving clubs.

> @agolf1 said:

> > @"High Draws Low Fades" said:

> > Some funny things being thrown around here. Offset is exactly the same in p-7 for both irons. Only in the 6 iron does the 210 start to have more offset. They are honestly hard to tell apart at address. The big difference like people have said is sole width. Since GolfWRX is full of perfect ball strikers that never hit a fat shot once in a while the iblade is as forgiving as they come. But for those like me who hit a fat shot here and there, the i210 don’t punish nearly as much. That’s what it came down to for me when testing and I’m a 0-2 handicap. It’s also interesting that the i210 is the most played iron on the LPGA whereas the iblade is better represented by the male staffers. Anyways, I think it comes down to turf interaction and whether you want a little more help in the long irons.

> i210 won again this week on the LPGA. I originally thought the i210 was favored there because they helped hit the ball a bit higher (most of these players in somewhere in the 90s mph swinging a driver. I'm not sure what your SS is but it does seem like things are different when you are well north of 100 mph). But this seems to contradict what Victor Hovland is saying.

>

> Also, absent people like Lexi, it doesn't seem like many LPGA players have overly steep swings that would benefit from a wider sole. But they definitely prefer this iron head for whatever reasons.

The i210 are lofted stronger throughout, with a higher center of gravity. For me that equaled lower flight with less spin. They were a bit longer but I preferred the flight and control of the iblade. I'm another one who just doesn't notice a difference in forgiveness, but I also don't play long irons.

Cobra King LTD Black

Callaway Epic Flash 3w

Callaway Mavrik 5w

Callaway Mavrik Pro 4h

PING iBlade 5-PW
PING Glide 50°
Titleist Vokey 54° s

Ping Glide 58° es

Bettinardi BB1

> @balls_deep said:

> > @ThreeBoxers said:

> > > @GolfChannel said:

> > > So, key differences:

> > > 1. i210 has a longer blade length

> > > 2. iBlade has a more compact and thinner overall profile and a less rounded leading edge

> > > 3. i210 has way more bounce

> > > 4. iBlade has a marginally thinner top line

> > >

> > > jfnmbbeejtx5.jpeg

> > > 69sx8yyr5kee.jpeg

> > > f4brxocrjw7r.jpeg

> > > 4c0h6u8r6p0g.jpeg

> > > jr5eqqa6xh52.jpeg

> > >

> >

> > Just out of curiosity, how do both of them handle misses towards the heel?

>

> Both handle it well. The i210 retains ball speed better across the face if you really stray from the middle, but both are forgiving clubs.

For me they both handle heel misses well. I predominately miss on the toe and the iBlade lets you know but doesn’t punish your shot or your hands.

> @GolfChannel said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @ThreeBoxers said:

> > > > @GolfChannel said:

> > > > So, key differences:

> > > > 1. i210 has a longer blade length

> > > > 2. iBlade has a more compact and thinner overall profile and a less rounded leading edge

> > > > 3. i210 has way more bounce

> > > > 4. iBlade has a marginally thinner top line

> > > >

> > > > jfnmbbeejtx5.jpeg

> > > > 69sx8yyr5kee.jpeg

> > > > f4brxocrjw7r.jpeg

> > > > 4c0h6u8r6p0g.jpeg

> > > > jr5eqqa6xh52.jpeg

> > > >

> > >

> > > Just out of curiosity, how do both of them handle misses towards the heel?

> >

> > Both handle it well. The i210 retains ball speed better across the face if you really stray from the middle, but both are forgiving clubs.

>

> For me they both handle heel misses well. I predominately miss on the toe and the iBlade lets you know but doesn’t punish your shot or your hands.

See for me this is crazy because I admittedly play older clubs (Mizuno MX-23) and would describe those irons in the same manner as you did, yet to me they're 2 totally different classes of clubs, of which I wouldn't have thought to dare try hitting the iBlade.

• Like 1

I’ll disagree with what seems to be the consensus on this thread. I have played several irons over the years, including the iblades. I’m playing the i210s this year and really enjoying them. I’m not sure if this is something others have found, but the shafts make a huge difference in feel for me with PING irons. I would strongly urge anyone looking to soften the feel of the i210 buy their set with the cushin inserts from Ping. This has made a world of difference to me. Although I liked the look of the iblade, the feels was harsh for me. After thinking about this a lot, I wonder if the iblades felt so much worse (to me) because the shafts were DGS300 with no cushin insert. My current set of i210s have KBS Tour shafts with the cushin insert. For what it’s worth, I play off a 2 handicap but don’t claim to pure every shot or fly the ball PGA Tour distances, so my experience may differ. Also, for what it’s worth, I have played the following clubs over the years. Titleist AP2s (714 & 718). Mizuno Mp18sc (very briefly). PING i200s. PING iblades. PING s55s. Nike VR Pro Combo (should never have parted with). Hopefully, my experience at least gives you another point of view.

• Like 1

> @tobiasjd said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > > @"High Draws Low Fades" said:

> > > Some funny things being thrown around here. Offset is exactly the same in p-7 for both irons. Only in the 6 iron does the 210 start to have more offset. They are honestly hard to tell apart at address. The big difference like people have said is sole width. Since GolfWRX is full of perfect ball strikers that never hit a fat shot once in a while the iblade is as forgiving as they come. But for those like me who hit a fat shot here and there, the i210 don’t punish nearly as much. That’s what it came down to for me when testing and I’m a 0-2 handicap. It’s also interesting that the i210 is the most played iron on the LPGA whereas the iblade is better represented by the male staffers. Anyways, I think it comes down to turf interaction and whether you want a little more help in the long irons.

> > i210 won again this week on the LPGA. I originally thought the i210 was favored there because they helped hit the ball a bit higher (most of these players in somewhere in the 90s mph swinging a driver. I'm not sure what your SS is but it does seem like things are different when you are well north of 100 mph). But this seems to contradict what Victor Hovland is saying.

> >

> > Also, absent people like Lexi, it doesn't seem like many LPGA players have overly steep swings that would benefit from a wider sole. But they definitely prefer this iron head for whatever reasons.

>

> The i210 are lofted stronger throughout, with a higher center of gravity. For me that equaled lower flight with less spin. They were a bit longer but I preferred the flight and control of the iblade. I'm another one who just doesn't notice a difference in forgiveness, but I also don't play long irons.

Not if you get the Retro spec. The i210 ® 7 iron is 35 degrees. The iBlade 7i is 32 degrees.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

I have tried the I-Blades a couple of times and do like them. I have not gamed the I-210 but have hit them many times and game the I-200 (which I prefer). My issue with the I-Blade has been to much height. I even tried them in a X shaft and still too darn high of ball flight (ballooning). I find the I-200 more forgiving and like the higher bounce for my game.

Driver: PING G410 9 Tensei CK-Pro Raw Orange AV 65 Stiff

3 Wood: PING Rapture 13 Ping TFC 949 Stiff

5 Wood: PING G410 18 Fuji Atmos TS Black 7

Hybrid: PING G25 20, 23, 27 TCF 189H Stiff

Irons: PING Eye I25 6-PW CFS Stiff

Wedges: PING MB 52, 56, 60 CS-Lite Stiff

Putter: Bobby Grace ARSE Kicker

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @tobiasjd said:

> > > @agolf1 said:

> > > > @"High Draws Low Fades" said:

> > > > Some funny things being thrown around here. Offset is exactly the same in p-7 for both irons. Only in the 6 iron does the 210 start to have more offset. They are honestly hard to tell apart at address. The big difference like people have said is sole width. Since GolfWRX is full of perfect ball strikers that never hit a fat shot once in a while the iblade is as forgiving as they come. But for those like me who hit a fat shot here and there, the i210 don’t punish nearly as much. That’s what it came down to for me when testing and I’m a 0-2 handicap. It’s also interesting that the i210 is the most played iron on the LPGA whereas the iblade is better represented by the male staffers. Anyways, I think it comes down to turf interaction and whether you want a little more help in the long irons.

> > > i210 won again this week on the LPGA. I originally thought the i210 was favored there because they helped hit the ball a bit higher (most of these players in somewhere in the 90s mph swinging a driver. I'm not sure what your SS is but it does seem like things are different when you are well north of 100 mph). But this seems to contradict what Victor Hovland is saying.

> > >

> > > Also, absent people like Lexi, it doesn't seem like many LPGA players have overly steep swings that would benefit from a wider sole. But they definitely prefer this iron head for whatever reasons.

> >

> > The i210 are lofted stronger throughout, with a higher center of gravity. For me that equaled lower flight with less spin. They were a bit longer but I preferred the flight and control of the iblade. I'm another one who just doesn't notice a difference in forgiveness, but I also don't play long irons.

>

> Not if you get the Retro spec. The i210 ® 7 iron is 35 degrees. The iBlade 7i is 32 degrees.

IBlade 7 iron is not 32 degrees. Stock 7 is 34

> @rainkingjr said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > > @tobiasjd said:

> > > > @agolf1 said:

> > > > > @"High Draws Low Fades" said:

> > > > > Some funny things being thrown around here. Offset is exactly the same in p-7 for both irons. Only in the 6 iron does the 210 start to have more offset. They are honestly hard to tell apart at address. The big difference like people have said is sole width. Since GolfWRX is full of perfect ball strikers that never hit a fat shot once in a while the iblade is as forgiving as they come. But for those like me who hit a fat shot here and there, the i210 don’t punish nearly as much. That’s what it came down to for me when testing and I’m a 0-2 handicap. It’s also interesting that the i210 is the most played iron on the LPGA whereas the iblade is better represented by the male staffers. Anyways, I think it comes down to turf interaction and whether you want a little more help in the long irons.

> > > > i210 won again this week on the LPGA. I originally thought the i210 was favored there because they helped hit the ball a bit higher (most of these players in somewhere in the 90s mph swinging a driver. I'm not sure what your SS is but it does seem like things are different when you are well north of 100 mph). But this seems to contradict what Victor Hovland is saying.

> > > >

> > > > Also, absent people like Lexi, it doesn't seem like many LPGA players have overly steep swings that would benefit from a wider sole. But they definitely prefer this iron head for whatever reasons.

> > >

> > > The i210 are lofted stronger throughout, with a higher center of gravity. For me that equaled lower flight with less spin. They were a bit longer but I preferred the flight and control of the iblade. I'm another one who just doesn't notice a difference in forgiveness, but I also don't play long irons.

> >

> > Not if you get the Retro spec. The i210 ® 7 iron is 35 degrees. The iBlade 7i is 32 degrees.

>

> IBlade 7 iron is not 32 degrees. Stock 7 is 34

Duh. I was looking at the 'Power Spec Loft' column. The 'Retro Spec' column is blank. 'Didn't notice the 'Loft' column.

That said, 34 degrees is **still** stronger than 35 degrees, no?

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

From my experience with both sets, the iblades launched higher and spun more, especially in the mid-short irons. This left me feeling like I couldn't control them. The i210's where the opposite, flatter trajectory and less spin, better ball flight for me and a feeling of more control.

I do prefer the look of the iblade but got better performance from the i210's. So I play Srixon 785's.

Will go back to i210 in the future.

A mess...

Take this for what you may, but I was talking to a Ping fitter today, and talking about many things Ping. We were talking about all the irons and the subject came up about what pro's are playing what. Now I'm not surprised that some play combo sets, but I was shocked that Hovland plays a combo set of iblade-i200, with the longer irons in the iblade and the i200's in the scoring clubs. His reason, he hits the iblades higher for hitting into greens with the lowere and the i200's are easier for him to flight lower with the scoring irons. Who am I to say.

Ping G430 Max 10.5, VA Nemesis 55 four

Ping G430 5-18, VA Vylyn 65 four

Ping G430 4H, 5H, 6H, Alta 70S

Mizuno Pro 245, 6-gw. MMT 85S

Ping S159 54S, MMT 105S

Cleveland RTX 6, 60 mid, Tour Rack Raw,Nippon Modus wedge 115

Odyssey Nano 7, stroke lab

Pro V 1X or Z-Star XV

> @dalillama47 said:

> Take this for what you may, but I was talking to a Ping fitter today, and talking about many things Ping. We were talking about all the irons and the subject came up about what pro's are playing what. Now I'm not surprised that some play combo sets, but I was shocked that Hovland plays a combo set of iblade-i200, with the longer irons in the iblade and the i200's in the scoring clubs. His reason, he hits the iblades higher for hitting into greens with the lowere and the i200's are easier for him to flight lower with the scoring irons. Who am I to say.

Hovland actually played a combo set of iBlades and i210’s but as of last week, I believe, went to a full set of i210’s.

Stay Tuned...

> @bjive said:

> From my experience with both sets, the iblades launched higher and spun more, especially in the mid-short irons. This left me feeling like I couldn't control them. The i210's where the opposite, flatter trajectory and less spin, better ball flight for me and a feeling of more control.

> I do prefer the look of the iblade but got better performance from the i210's. So I play Srixon 785's.

> Will go back to i210 in the future.

This is correct. Pro’s actually prefer more spin because spin = control for them. The i series irons do spin less since less spin = straighter and that’s what most mid handicappers want.

• Like 1

Stay Tuned...

> @drvrwdge said:

> > @bjive said:

> > From my experience with both sets, the iblades launched higher and spun more, especially in the mid-short irons. This left me feeling like I couldn't control them. The i210's where the opposite, flatter trajectory and less spin, better ball flight for me and a feeling of more control.

> > I do prefer the look of the iblade but got better performance from the i210's. So I play Srixon 785's.

> > Will go back to i210 in the future.

>

>

> This is correct. Pro’s actually prefer more spin because spin = control for them. The i series irons do spin less since less spin = straighter and that’s what most mid handicappers want.

I do think with the correct shafts, the iblades would be a good fit, but for me the KBS tour 130 and iblades did not work. The i210 are very much point and shoot, GIR machines.

A mess...

> @drvrwdge said:

> > @bjive said:

> > From my experience with both sets, the iblades launched higher and spun more, especially in the mid-short irons. This left me feeling like I couldn't control them. The i210's where the opposite, flatter trajectory and less spin, better ball flight for me and a feeling of more control.

> > I do prefer the look of the iblade but got better performance from the i210's. So I play Srixon 785's.

> > Will go back to i210 in the future.

>

>

> This is correct. Pro’s actually prefer more spin because spin = control for them. The i series irons do spin less since less spin = straighter and that’s what most mid handicappers want.

+1 Tiger has always said give him a ball that spins the most and he'll do the work controlling it.

• Like 1

You cant go wrong with either set, they're both great irons. I experimented with the iBlades and i210s, currently playing the i200s. I saw no reason to move away from my 200s. Although I like the looks of the slightly more compact head of the iBlades, I actually prefer the feel and the ball flight my 200s produce. I often play in windy conditions (FL) and can flight these down very easily/effectively, which is somewhat of a rarity with irons that provide you with this much help/forgiveness. Fired a season best 67 earlier this week, so doubt I'll be changing! Currently a 1 hc.

• Like 1

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

> @rainkingjr said:

> > @drvrwdge said:

> > > @bjive said:

> > > From my experience with both sets, the iblades launched higher and spun more, especially in the mid-short irons. This left me feeling like I couldn't control them. The i210's where the opposite, flatter trajectory and less spin, better ball flight for me and a feeling of more control.

> > > I do prefer the look of the iblade but got better performance from the i210's. So I play Srixon 785's.

> > > Will go back to i210 in the future.

> >

> >

> > This is correct. Pro’s actually prefer more spin because spin = control for them. The i series irons do spin less since less spin = straighter and that’s what most mid handicappers want.

>

> +1 Tiger has always said give him a ball that spins the most and he'll do the work controlling it.

A few others are moving to higher spinning balls. Rickie went to a higher spinning TP5, as did Rory. Reed just switched to the 2017 Pro V1, which spins more and then won this past weekend.

I think lower spin is great for a driver, but it sacrifices too much in iron play.

Cobra King LTD Black

Callaway Epic Flash 3w

Callaway Mavrik 5w

Callaway Mavrik Pro 4h

PING iBlade 5-PW
PING Glide 50°
Titleist Vokey 54° s

Ping Glide 58° es

Bettinardi BB1

> @tobiasjd said:

> > @rainkingjr said:

> > > @drvrwdge said:

> > > > @bjive said:

> > > > From my experience with both sets, the iblades launched higher and spun more, especially in the mid-short irons. This left me feeling like I couldn't control them. The i210's where the opposite, flatter trajectory and less spin, better ball flight for me and a feeling of more control.

> > > > I do prefer the look of the iblade but got better performance from the i210's. So I play Srixon 785's.

> > > > Will go back to i210 in the future.

> > >

> > >

> > > This is correct. Pro’s actually prefer more spin because spin = control for them. The i series irons do spin less since less spin = straighter and that’s what most mid handicappers want.

> >

> > +1 Tiger has always said give him a ball that spins the most and he'll do the work controlling it.

> A few others are moving to higher spinning balls. Rickie went to a higher spinning TP5, as did Rory. Reed just switched to the 2017 Pro V1, which spins more and then won this past weekend.

> I think lower spin is great for a driver, but it sacrifices too much in iron play.

Rickie and Rory went to the TP5 because the 5x just has zero short game spin. You could see Rory had no directional or distance control with his wedges because of it. As far as the V1 it may spin a tad more with the driver but actually less with the wedges.

Stay Tuned...

> @drvrwdge said:

> > @tobiasjd said:

> > > @rainkingjr said:

> > > > @drvrwdge said:

> > > > > @bjive said:

> > > > > From my experience with both sets, the iblades launched higher and spun more, especially in the mid-short irons. This left me feeling like I couldn't control them. The i210's where the opposite, flatter trajectory and less spin, better ball flight for me and a feeling of more control.

> > > > > I do prefer the look of the iblade but got better performance from the i210's. So I play Srixon 785's.

> > > > > Will go back to i210 in the future.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > This is correct. Pro’s actually prefer more spin because spin = control for them. The i series irons do spin less since less spin = straighter and that’s what most mid handicappers want.

> > >

> > > +1 Tiger has always said give him a ball that spins the most and he'll do the work controlling it.

> > A few others are moving to higher spinning balls. Rickie went to a higher spinning TP5, as did Rory. Reed just switched to the 2017 Pro V1, which spins more and then won this past weekend.

> > I think lower spin is great for a driver, but it sacrifices too much in iron play.

>

> Rickie and Rory went to the TP5 because the 5x just has zero short game spin. You could see Rory had no directional or distance control with his wedges because of it. As far as the V1 it may spin a tad more with the driver but actually less with the wedges.

>

>

Should've said the 2017 Pro V1 spins more than the ball he was previously using, which was a tour only prototype V1. I think the Pro V1x spins even more.

Cobra King LTD Black

Callaway Epic Flash 3w

Callaway Mavrik 5w

Callaway Mavrik Pro 4h

PING iBlade 5-PW
PING Glide 50°
Titleist Vokey 54° s

Ping Glide 58° es

Bettinardi BB1

> @tobiasjd said:

> > @drvrwdge said:

> > > @tobiasjd said:

> > > > @rainkingjr said:

> > > > > @drvrwdge said:

> > > > > > @bjive said:

> > > > > > From my experience with both sets, the iblades launched higher and spun more, especially in the mid-short irons. This left me feeling like I couldn't control them. The i210's where the opposite, flatter trajectory and less spin, better ball flight for me and a feeling of more control.

> > > > > > I do prefer the look of the iblade but got better performance from the i210's. So I play Srixon 785's.

> > > > > > Will go back to i210 in the future.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > This is correct. Pro’s actually prefer more spin because spin = control for them. The i series irons do spin less since less spin = straighter and that’s what most mid handicappers want.

> > > >

> > > > +1 Tiger has always said give him a ball that spins the most and he'll do the work controlling it.

> > > A few others are moving to higher spinning balls. Rickie went to a higher spinning TP5, as did Rory. Reed just switched to the 2017 Pro V1, which spins more and then won this past weekend.

> > > I think lower spin is great for a driver, but it sacrifices too much in iron play.

> >

> > Rickie and Rory went to the TP5 because the 5x just has zero short game spin. You could see Rory had no directional or distance control with his wedges because of it. As far as the V1 it may spin a tad more with the driver but actually less with the wedges.

> >

> >

> Should've said the 2017 Pro V1 spins more than the ball he was previously using, which was a tour only prototype V1. I think the Pro V1x spins even more.

I switched from the V1x to the TP5x to try and bring down spin on the wedges and went to far, think I will switch back to the V1. But do love the TP5x off the driver.

A mess...