Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

> @mtg6193 said:

> Dont usually post bad reviews for anything but...

>

> Been playing and practicing (chipping, putting) with nothing but pro v1s for about a decade (Ok i tried chrome softs for awhile - theyre ok). Hcap varies between +1.5 to about 1.5 depending on how much i can get out and practice (kids ya know). Saw ksig 3 piece for sale, thought what the **** lets burn $20 (or whatever it was) for 24 of them.

>

> And burn $20 i did. I'll never get that $20 back. I could have bought like 15 taco bell tacos for that money and the aftermath of that would have felt better than these balls.

>

> Will not ever purchase cheap balls for myself again. Life's too short to play the garb. They are being thrown inthe 5 gallon bucket my kids will play from while learning.

You do know that Costco will refund your money for the balls you don't use, right?

And, what exactly did you not like? I am truly curious.

> @mtg6193 said:

> @chomper they felt...dull. There was no crisp feeling on deadnuts iron shots...only the sadness that comes along with hitting what feels like a waterlogged ball. 15 tacos my friend...15 tacos. All urethane covered balls are not created equal.

Return the remaining balls to Costco, get ALL your money back, buy tacos.

• Like 1

X________________________________ Sign Here

> @Chomper said:

> > @mtg6193 said:

> > Dont usually post bad reviews for anything but...

> >

> > Been playing and practicing (chipping, putting) with nothing but pro v1s for about a decade (Ok i tried chrome softs for awhile - theyre ok). Hcap varies between +1.5 to about 1.5 depending on how much i can get out and practice (kids ya know). Saw ksig 3 piece for sale, thought what the **** lets burn $20 (or whatever it was) for 24 of them.

> >

> > And burn $20 i did. I'll never get that $20 back. I could have bought like 15 taco bell tacos for that money and the aftermath of that would have felt better than these balls.

> >

> > Will not ever purchase cheap balls for myself again. Life's too short to play the garb. They are being thrown inthe 5 gallon bucket my kids will play from while learning.

>

> You do know that Costco will refund your money for the balls you don't use, right?

> And, what exactly did you not like? I am truly curious.

You sound flustered that someone is speaking against a Costco ball. I am intrigued by your reaction.

> @dasams said:

> The USGA has posted their updated conforming ball list dated Aug 7. And guess what? The 4 piece KP1 is still there. See https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf

Could it be that it's still there because people are still playing it? I'd doubt they would remove it from the list when it hasn't even been two years since they stopped selling it (probably closer to a year). Since a lot of people still have them, it wouldn't be smart of them to consider it non-conforming just because Costco never restocked it or pulled it from inventory.

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

> @thejuice said:

> > @dasams said:

> > The USGA has posted their updated conforming ball list dated Aug 7. And guess what? The 4 piece KP1 is still there. See https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf

>

> Could it be that it's still there because people are still playing it? I'd doubt they would remove it from the list when it hasn't even been two years since they stopped selling it (probably closer to a year). Since a lot of people still have them, it wouldn't be smart of them to consider it non-conforming just because Costco never restocked it or pulled it from inventory.

I wonder if there is any other golf ball on the list that has not been manufactured for years and stopped the production at all.

or does USGA ever take a certain ball off of the list unless they are no longer conforming?

> @SoloShot84 said:

> > @thejuice said:

> > > @dasams said:

> > > The USGA has posted their updated conforming ball list dated Aug 7. And guess what? The 4 piece KP1 is still there. See https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf

> >

> > Could it be that it's still there because people are still playing it? I'd doubt they would remove it from the list when it hasn't even been two years since they stopped selling it (probably closer to a year). Since a lot of people still have them, it wouldn't be smart of them to consider it non-conforming just because Costco never restocked it or pulled it from inventory.

>

> I wonder if there is any other golf ball on the list that has not been manufactured for years and stopped the production at all.

>

> or does USGA ever take a certain ball off of the list unless they are no longer conforming?

Good question! Is the Titleist Tour Professional 90 still on the list?

EDIT: I looked at the list and noticed the Tour Pro 90 isn't on there. Neither are the old Strata balls from the early 2000s (when they were their own company). The Nike RZN Black and Platinum are on there though, which makes me think that the USGA thinks people still use them (I still have two dozen in my stash).

TaylorMade Spider Black

> @thejuice said:

> > @SoloShot84 said:

> > > @thejuice said:

> > > > @dasams said:

> > > > The USGA has posted their updated conforming ball list dated Aug 7. And guess what? The 4 piece KP1 is still there. See https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf

> > >

> > > Could it be that it's still there because people are still playing it? I'd doubt they would remove it from the list when it hasn't even been two years since they stopped selling it (probably closer to a year). Since a lot of people still have them, it wouldn't be smart of them to consider it non-conforming just because Costco never restocked it or pulled it from inventory.

> >

> > I wonder if there is any other golf ball on the list that has not been manufactured for years and stopped the production at all.

> >

> > or does USGA ever take a certain ball off of the list unless they are no longer conforming?

>

> Good question! Is the Titleist Tour Professional 90 still on the list?

> EDIT: I looked at the list and noticed the Tour Pro 90 isn't on there. Neither are the old Strata balls from the early 2000s (when they were their own company). The Nike RZN Black and Platinum are on there though, which makes me think that the USGA thinks people still use them (I still have two dozen in my stash).

It's not anything USGA thinks. It means that someone has re-submitted them for re-testing every couple years to keep them on the list. Presumably because some Tour player, somewhere, still uses them.

• Like 1

> @"North Butte" said:

> > @thejuice said:

> > > @SoloShot84 said:

> > > > @thejuice said:

> > > > > @dasams said:

> > > > > The USGA has posted their updated conforming ball list dated Aug 7. And guess what? The 4 piece KP1 is still there. See https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf

> > > >

> > > > Could it be that it's still there because people are still playing it? I'd doubt they would remove it from the list when it hasn't even been two years since they stopped selling it (probably closer to a year). Since a lot of people still have them, it wouldn't be smart of them to consider it non-conforming just because Costco never restocked it or pulled it from inventory.

> > >

> > > I wonder if there is any other golf ball on the list that has not been manufactured for years and stopped the production at all.

> > >

> > > or does USGA ever take a certain ball off of the list unless they are no longer conforming?

> >

> > Good question! Is the Titleist Tour Professional 90 still on the list?

> > EDIT: I looked at the list and noticed the Tour Pro 90 isn't on there. Neither are the old Strata balls from the early 2000s (when they were their own company). The Nike RZN Black and Platinum are on there though, which makes me think that the USGA thinks people still use them (I still have two dozen in my stash).

>

> It's not anything USGA thinks. It means that someone has re-submitted them for re-testing every couple years to keep them on the list. Presumably because some Tour player, somewhere, still uses them.

I don't know enough about it to debate so your answer sounds good to me! :smiley:

TaylorMade Spider Black

I believe the dimple count is different than the original 4 piece, but I'm too lazy to confirm it right now.

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

> @thejuice said:

> > @dasams said:

> > The USGA has posted their updated conforming ball list dated Aug 7. And guess what? The 4 piece KP1 is still there. See https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf

>

> Could it be that it's still there because people are still playing it? I'd doubt they would remove it from the list when it hasn't even been two years since they stopped selling it (probably closer to a year). Since a lot of people still have them, it wouldn't be smart of them to consider it non-conforming just because Costco never restocked it or pulled it from inventory.

The KP1 is the yet to be released four piece ball. The OG KSig hasn't been on the list for quite some time.

> @SoloShot84 said:

> > @thejuice said:

> > > @dasams said:

> > > The USGA has posted their updated conforming ball list dated Aug 7. And guess what? The 4 piece KP1 is still there. See https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf

> >

> > Could it be that it's still there because people are still playing it? I'd doubt they would remove it from the list when it hasn't even been two years since they stopped selling it (probably closer to a year). Since a lot of people still have them, it wouldn't be smart of them to consider it non-conforming just because Costco never restocked it or pulled it from inventory.

>

> I wonder if there is any other golf ball on the list that has not been manufactured for years and stopped the production at all.

>

> or does USGA ever take a certain ball off of the list unless they are no longer conforming?

What NB said. The ball must be resubmitted for testing, and more importantly, a fee is paid.

> @"North Butte" said:

> > @thejuice said:

> > > @SoloShot84 said:

> > > > @thejuice said:

> > > > > @dasams said:

> > > > > The USGA has posted their updated conforming ball list dated Aug 7. And guess what? The 4 piece KP1 is still there. See https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf

> > > >

> > > > Could it be that it's still there because people are still playing it? I'd doubt they would remove it from the list when it hasn't even been two years since they stopped selling it (probably closer to a year). Since a lot of people still have them, it wouldn't be smart of them to consider it non-conforming just because Costco never restocked it or pulled it from inventory.

> > >

> > > I wonder if there is any other golf ball on the list that has not been manufactured for years and stopped the production at all.

> > >

> > > or does USGA ever take a certain ball off of the list unless they are no longer conforming?

> >

> > Good question! Is the Titleist Tour Professional 90 still on the list?

> > EDIT: I looked at the list and noticed the Tour Pro 90 isn't on there. Neither are the old Strata balls from the early 2000s (when they were their own company). The Nike RZN Black and Platinum are on there though, which makes me think that the USGA thinks people still use them (I still have two dozen in my stash).

>

> It's not anything USGA thinks. It means that someone has re-submitted them for re-testing every couple years to keep them on the list. Presumably because some Tour player, somewhere, still uses them.

The expiration is 12 months after the initial publication but it looks to take 60+ days for a submission to be published, so it looks like it takes 14-15 months from initial submission to drop off the list.

For those who mentioned fees, it looks like they charge $1200 per submission. The current list contains 1233 models which totals approximately $1.5mil per year not to mention additional revenue from the unknown number of submissions that fail one or more of the conformance tests.

https://www.usga.org/content/dam/usga/pdf/2019/equipment-standards/2019-usga-golf-ball-submission-guidelines.pdf

I am down to two dozen original 4 piece KSigs. I once topped out at 11 dozen. Yet, I am keeping the dream alive for the next 4 piece to be released.

On another note, with all the off-center core talk lately I decided to float a sleeve in epsom salt water. One of the balls returned to the same place after what seemed like a very long time. The other two stopped spinning in different locations after multiple attempts. This reaffirms my past thoughts...original KSigs makes my heart happy.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-9, Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 46°, 50°, 54° D, 60° T, Mitsubishi MMT 85s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

> @jas904 said:

> I am down to two dozen original 4 piece KSigs. I once topped out at 11 dozen. Yet, I am keeping the dream alive for the next 4 piece to be released.

>

> On another note, with all the off-center core talk lately I decided to float a sleeve in epsom salt water. One of the balls returned to the same place after what seemed like a very long time. The other two stopped spinning in different locations after multiple attempts. This reaffirms my past thoughts...original KSigs makes my heart happy.

I have some if u want more. Pm me if so. I can't play them. Something in my head lol

> @jcolton said:

> > @Therealpatgiles said:

>

> > I can't play them. Something in my head lol

>

> I feel the same way, I'd rather get rid of mine than lose them ha

>

>

I love the 4pc ksigs but come on guys, it's just a golf ball. It wasn't the greatest ball ever made, it was a great ball made affordable. I like my TP5's just as much.

If you really like them and don't want to lose them, just play a different ball off the tee and fairway and switch to your ksig when you get near the green. 1 ball will last you a VERY long time.

> @Rory4Pres said:

> > @jcolton said:

> > > @Therealpatgiles said:

> >

> > > I can't play them. Something in my head lol

> >

> > I feel the same way, I'd rather get rid of mine than lose them ha

> >

> >

>

> I love the 4pc ksigs but come on guys, it's just a golf ball. It wasn't the greatest ball ever made, it was a great ball made affordable. I like my TP5's just as much.

> If you really like them and don't want to lose them, just play a different ball off the tee and fairway and switch to your ksig when you get near the green. 1 ball will last you a VERY long time.

Those K-Sigs weren't a patch on the TP Red. Now that was a ball for the ages.

> @Rory4Pres said:

> > @jcolton said:

> > > @Therealpatgiles said:

> >

> > > I can't play them. Something in my head lol

> >

> > I feel the same way, I'd rather get rid of mine than lose them ha

> >

> >

>

> I love the 4pc ksigs but come on guys, it's just a golf ball. It wasn't the greatest ball ever made, it was a great ball made affordable. I like my TP5's just as much.

> If you really like them and don't want to lose them, just play a different ball off the tee and fairway and switch to your ksig when you get near the green. 1 ball will last you a VERY long time.

For me it's more about knowing the value of them right now, which is why I don't want to use them, not the fact that it's the "greatest ball ever made". Also, I don't want to use a ball and fall in love with it, and never be able to get them again. I'd rather sell them, and purchase a ball that's pretty much always available.

> @jcolton said:

> > @Rory4Pres said:

> > > @jcolton said:

> > > > @Therealpatgiles said:

> > >

> > > > I can't play them. Something in my head lol

> > >

> > > I feel the same way, I'd rather get rid of mine than lose them ha

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I love the 4pc ksigs but come on guys, it's just a golf ball. It wasn't the greatest ball ever made, it was a great ball made affordable. I like my TP5's just as much.

> > If you really like them and don't want to lose them, just play a different ball off the tee and fairway and switch to your ksig when you get near the green. 1 ball will last you a VERY long time.

>

> For me it's more about knowing the value of them right now, which is why I don't want to use them, not the fact that it's the "greatest ball ever made". Also, I don't want to use a ball and fall in love with it, and never be able to get them again. I'd rather sell them, and purchase a ball that's pretty much always available.

That's valid justification. I would think if you have enough for 1 full season, it would be worth while. If you only have enough for a couple months, you may want to start looking for another gamer.

I've been finding a lot of Ksig3's on my local course of late, so I decided to put on in play for a few holes.

Just as I remembered, short, dead feeling and not a ball that works for me. They putt OK, though...LOL

They were a 1 1/2 clubs shorter than my Chrome Soft and ProV1x off irons and 20+ yards behind with driver.

Glad I have some of the original 4 piece model left.

Rogue ST Max LS Oban Devotion 6/03 10.5, -1* @45.25" 

Paradym 3HL  Kai’li 60 R
Ping G410 19*,  22* & 26* Riptide CB 80 5.5
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-AW, SF i80cw R,  Or Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW, SF i95cw R   
PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

> @RainShadow said:

> I've been finding a lot of Ksig3's on my local course of late, so I decided to put on in play for a few holes.

> Just as I remembered, short, dead feeling and not a ball that works for me. They putt OK, though...LOL

> They were a 1 1/2 clubs shorter than my Chrome Soft and ProV1x off irons and 20+ yards behind with driver.

> Glad I have some of the original 4 piece model left.

There is not a 20 yard difference in those balls off driver. Maybe 5 to 10 yards at most.

Ping G400 Max @9.9* (Alta CB 55 Stiff)

Titleist TSi2 4 wood @16.5* (Tensei AV Blue RAW 65 Stiff)

Ping G410 7 wood @19.5(Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff)

Ping G410 4 Hybrid @23* (Alta CB 70 Stiff)

Ping G410 5 Hybrid @26* (Alta CB 70 Stiff)

Srixon ZX5 6-AW (Nippon Modus 105 Stiff)

Callaway MD5 Tour Grey W-Grind 54* & X-Grind 58*  (DG S200)

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Arm Lock Putter (Odyssey Armlock Steel 40")

Srixon Z-Star

JMX XS Ultralite Grips

• 2 weeks later...

Switched off between the Ksig 3 piece and the Srixon Z star yesterday. My distances are off right now as I'm probably swinging 80 percent at best right now, had a ruptured tricep repaired, and have only gone 3 times since getting out of a cast. No noticeable distance differences between the two, and my best drive was about 280 with the Ksig 3 piece. Last year my longest drive of the year was about 340 with the Ksig 3 piece, though I do prefer the bite on the green of the 4 piece more.

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

> @gioreeko said:

> Switched off between the Ksig 3 piece and the Srixon Z star yesterday. My distances are off right now as I'm probably swinging 80 percent at best right now, had a ruptured tricep repaired, and have only gone 3 times since getting out of a cast. No noticeable distance differences between the two, and my best drive was about 280 with the Ksig 3 piece. Last year my longest drive of the year was about 340 with the Ksig 3 piece, though I do prefer the bite on the green of the 4 piece more.

Ruptured tricep? Oooof. Get well soon!