$500 beginner set

HuskyFan

My buddy wants to get into golf and asked me to put together a used set of clubs for $500. I’m thinking the set composition should be a driver (I know many will say he doesn’t even need one, but he will want one so just go with it), 4w or 5w, 4h, 5i to PW iron set, 56 sand wedge, and putter. Thoughts on this set make up and club suggestions?

12 clubs is enough: Driver - 4W - 4H - 5 to PW - 54 - 58 - Putter - stand bag - buy some 4A Bridgestone E6s for 50 cents a piece off eBay

Some ideas here: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1661544/300-dollar-budget-bag-challenge

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

That’s a pretty solid starting thought. 3 options off the tee is nice; driver, wood, hybrid.

There are two potential loft gaps or issues; hybrid to 5 iron and pw to 56.

4 hybrid’s are 23-24 loft. 5 irons can be anywhere from 24-28. Some of the distance iron sets have their pw at 44-45 loft. 44 to 56 is a massive gap. May want to find a set with a gap wedge if you go the distance iron route.

I wouldn’t put much mind into having a forged or cast or expensive brands.

There's nothing in the rule book that says you can't play drunk.

Just have him buy a set of Top Flites, Wilsons or Tommy Armours from Dick's. Full set for $500 or less, bag included. They will include hybrids and irons with thick soles that are easy to hit and mallet putters, which are more forgiving and easier to aim with.

You dont need anything more than that when youre starting out and if he likes golf and gets serious about it, he can always upgrade the woods in a year or 2.

I started out with a set of Knight clubs from Walmart and while I destroyed the woods by the end of the first summer (sky marks), I played the irons for quite a few years before I convinced myself that I needed a more expensive set of clubs. Had I been smarter, I would have kept the Knight irons until I wore the grooves off because they were very friendly clubs with big heads and lots of offset.

> @"Marco Colo" said:

> G25 from top to down. And any old Ping anser style

I like this suggestion! Have your friend go thorough Ping's on line fitting program from their website first, and make sure he's wearing street shoes when measuring wrist height.

Regardless of what irons are chosen be aware that many PW's these days are in the 45 degree range, so he will need a gap wedge of some sort. 45-50-55/56 would be good for a beginner.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

These are all great, but it can take a lot of work for a new golfer (unless you do it for them).

I have two friends (a couple) who both want to get into golf, since they're moving to Hawaii (VACATION!!), so I just sent them links to last seasons Strata sets for $300 per. Gets them each a Driver, FW, Hybrid, then 6-PW, SW, putter, and stand bag. That's all you need to really start.

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR Blue

Titleist TSi2 3W, 5W Ventus TR Blue

Callaway Apex CB 4-PW DG 120

Titleist Vokey SM9 50/55/60 Oban CT 115

Ping PLD Anser

I love these "make a bag for less than X amount" posts. I am always trying to talk some buddies into doing a $500 bag challenge with me.

3 wood: [TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 ](https://www.globalgolf.com/golf-clubs/1019756-taylormade-burner-superfast-20-fairway-wood/used/?lft=19 "TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 ")= 49.99

Hybrid: [Callaway X2 Hot Pro ](https://www.globalgolf.com/golf-clubs/1027716-callaway-x2-hot-pro-hybrid/used/?flx=2&styp=44 "Callaway X2 Hot Pro ")=49.99

Irons: [Taylormade RocketBladez](https://www.globalgolf.com/golf-clubs/1025068-taylormade-rocketbladez-iron-set/used/?styp=32 "Taylormade RocketBladez")=209.99

Wedge: [Vokey SM4](https://www.globalgolf.com/golf-clubs/1022327-titleist-vokey-sm4-tour-chrome-wedge/used/?lft=53 "Vokey SM4")=19.99

Putter: [Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball](https://www.globalgolf.com/golf-clubs/1001526-odyssey-white-hot-2-ball-putter/used/?cdt=1&opt=abs "Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball")= 44.99

Total price of $374.95

I think this would be a great bag to learn with. You've got a 3-wood that I found super easy to hit when I had one back in the day (it's pretty long too). You have a hybrid that shouldn't hook too much (which probably won't be a problem with a new player anyways). The irons are big and easy to hit, but they look pretty good and these ones are listed in "very good" condition on Global Golf. I think they tend to underestimate their condition, though YMMV. I think for wedges, it wouldn't make sense for a new player to have a ton of them. One wedge with a ton of bounce (this one has 12/14 degrees I think) would make more sense. Bounce is any non-professional player's friend. The putter is an old 2-ball, which I think would be much easier for a new player to use than a bladed, "Anser" style putter.

This also leaves a lot of money left over for a couple of lessons. Or, if he must have a driver, a decent one of those.

Driver: Ping G430 Max (Ventus Velocore TR Red 6x)

4W: Titleist Tsi2 16.5* (Hazardus Smoke RDX 70)

7W: Titleist 910 21* (UST Mamiya Attas 75)

Irons: Handmade Stix LB-1 4-PW (Dynamic Gold X100)

Wedges: 50*, 54* & 60* Vokey SM9 (Dynamic Gold S400)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Always fun to put these bags together as it gives you a chance to go over some older but still very good clubs from our pasts. I enjoyed it so much so that I started to put whole manufacturers bags together as it doesn't cost that much to find older gems.

What's In The Ping Moonlite:
Ping Rapture '14 13*
Ping Rapture DI 18*
Titleist 690.CB 4/6/8/PW
Vokey TVD 54*
Odyssey Tank V-Line

Has he golfed or is he a complete newbie to the game? If a complete newbie, if I was starting someone, I would go 14° TM mini driver for the tee, 5w (7w?), 5h, 7-9-PW & putter. A basic stand bag. The mini driver is 43.5" so it should be easier when learning about hitting off a tee, plus a bigger head than a 3w. The other clubs are to ensure the ball goes in the air, don't worry about distance. You could add a SW, but if just starting, pull the ball out of the bunker and chip with the PW. Nothing discourages new golfers like worm burning your way down the course. Can you get him on a monitor to get an idea of his swing speed? Does he need stiff vs reg flex?

Ping G400 Max 10.5° Distanza SR

Ping G425 SFT 3 & 5, Distanza SR

Ping G30 4H R

Cleveland Launcher XL 6-PW, Projext X Catalyst 60 R

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50°, Project X Catalyst 80 R

Cleveland CBX 56° Full Face, Project X Catalyst 80 R

Evnroll ER10 34" Winn ProX 1.18 grip

Srixon Soft Feel

Thanks for all the suggestions. Between a couple friends, we were able to piece together most of the following set for him to get started with:

Titleist 913D2 10.5* (purchased)

Titleist 904F 17*

Titleist 585H 19*

Callaway Apex hybrid 23* (I’ll give him the option of using either this or the 4i)

Taylormade R7 irons 4-PW

Titleist SM5 52 and 56 (purchased)

Cleveland Huntington Beach 11 (purchased)

I also suggested getting used balls for well under $1 each versus the cheapest new balls at $15 per dozen.

> @HuskyFan said:

>

> **I also suggested getting used balls for well under $1 each versus the cheapest new balls at $15 per dozen.**

I know a lot of people swear by the used balls, but I was reading a ball test article recently (I believe it was Not allowed because of spam), that included testing of used balls. They found that a fair amount (I believe it was about 25%, but don't remember the exact number) of the used balls they tested had some damage, usually not immediately visible, that significantly affected ball flight. Balls that have been sitting in water for awhile may look fine, but often wind up with slightly misshapen cores.

• 5 weeks later...

> @HuskyFan said:

> My buddy wants to get into golf and asked me to put together a used set of clubs for $500. I’m thinking the set composition should be a driver (I know many will say he doesn’t even need one, but he will want one so just go with it), 4w or 5w, 4h, 5i to PW iron set, 56 sand wedge, and putter. Thoughts on this set make up and club suggestions?

>

>

This is fun, Im going to take a different route. Before buying specific clubs, I would rather want to "Fit", get him in the right directions of fitting first?

1) Is he brand new brand new? or knows golf and wants a bag?

2) Swing profile.... If you gave him a club in general will he swing it HARD and fast out of their shoes or is he slow and deliberate. This will help narrow the basis of the shaft weight profile. a Hard swing might benefit from a heavier profile club so 120-130gram rage, (PX shafts or DG standards), slower or more deliberate might like the lighter range shafts, so 100-120grams, NS Pro 950,105,1150 or Dynalites etc.

3) Loading the shaft is their tempo Hard an fast where the can flex the shaft or are the smooth and deliberate? A hard loader would go into the S300, Stiff range or PX 5.5s. A deliberate player or slower transition might like the S200, Regular or PX5.5

The shafts out there are ABUNDANT, and at this point the head on the shaft is some what meaningless if you cannot deliver the head to the ball with any consistency due to the shaft profile wrong.

Fast hard swinger, starting of with DG S300, KBS tour S+

Medium swinger - PX5.5, or NS Pro 1150, DynaliteS300, KBS tours, stiff

slow swinger, PX 5.0, NS Pro 950, KBS tour regulars

I am just hesitant to through out club brands, yet the shafts are some ultra light Graphites that your friend cant play.

There are so many used sets so the options are pretty high, I would say get them into a shaft profile first before worry about the head.

Same with the driver, 50gram vs 60gram vs 70gram , R flex vs S flex vs X flex if they benefit per above due to swing speed and tempo. dig around I guaranteed you find a set WELL under $500

Driver

5wood

5hybrid

6-PW

SW

Putter

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Hell my current bag setup is under $500:

Big Bertha Alpha driver - $70

Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 3 wood - $50

Titleist 913h - traded hand me down wedges straight up

Callaway X Tour forged irons 4-PW - $180(might have even been less actually)

Cleveland wedges 52, 56, 60 - I think for all of them I paid under $90.

Odyssey Pro Type #3 putter - $100

If I have to add the cost of my actual bag, I have a ping hoofer that I got on eBay for around $60 I think? So a smidge over $500 including the actual bag.

I see you came up with everything, but I think the most expensive part of these “bags under $X” hinges on if you actually need the physical bag because that can take a big chunk out of your budget.

My bag is way under $500 now that I think about it.

Driver Cleveland Classic $60

Maltby KE4 fairway. 50

Maltby utility. 35

Wilson Pi5 4-PW 50

Wilson SW. 70

Ray Cook Putter. 5

Wilson Lob. 1

Hagen cart bag. 30

Total. $301

Cleveland Classic XL Driver
KE4 5 wood 17* 43”
Maltby MXU 23* 
Maltby Tricept TU 5 Iron
Wilson Pi5 6-PW
Wilson JP 55* SW
Ram Watson Troon Grind 58
Ray Cook M2 Mallet

Driver - Taylormade AeroBurner - 10.5*, regular shaft - $80

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TaylorMade-AeroBurner-Driver-10-5-Matrix-Speed-50-R-Flex-Graphite-RH/362720793987?hash=item5473d81583:g:DXEAAOSwN-NdS4gW

Fairway - Adams Tight Lies - 19*, regular shaft - $25

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adams-Tight-Lies-Strong-5-Wood-19-Degrees-Graphite-Shaft-Regular-Flex-RH/283551402085?epid=0&hash=item4204fb0865:g:tIkAAOSw5KVdL3Mk

Irons - Ping Eye 2, 3-PW, black dot, ZZ-Lite shaft - $110

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ping-Eye-2-Iron-Set-3-Thru-W-Black-Dot/264423789789?hash=item3d90e2d4dd:g:wbcAAOSwOqddS3rA

Sandwedge - Ping Eye 2+, black dot, ZZ-lite shaft - $30

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ping-Eye-2-Plus-Black-Dot-Sand-Wedge-Original-Shaft-Nice-Condition/123865777707?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item1cd6f9c62b:g:hEsAAOSw~hNdSV9a&enc=AQAEAAAB4BPxNw%2BVj6nta7CKEs3N0qXeDxrzxqbvMiB2XQOko43USD95Oc9YC8RkgfvMOv%2BRJK9EQI0S4m6q3cI6gDlW7iHj0MPzPiEkbuflNJyt42m77ArzfEUp7Of176qEm3nCROrwxF0AKjOGhlYPYV3azEwArHM4ULQBSFNpN6lidq3SYDlHguL58RTjW37k4pRwS6MnyTdDYgcIRG5YHmTVOw7K%2Fd3WDWQRxG%2BP4f1TKHJnKEo5p9IjrcIjHcPEZcdAdhZc%2BpHdJBUCtEYLHthg%2BcN%2B0yAJ7C2bLlinTEb0pWIrDtI%2FKq%2BudPT9WwfbNfb5qdHctESnZj%2Bo4lD206Zw%2FsOd3ryUTSytU5rEccMIOJ%2B1xNbAKteS1RCDvq%2BzGmcfjZipqOOB%2BUeB7CCsK8d6hRBB4ZzAna5a5tx3Q5gpTeEjG7TrvRBrg%2BAGYYiShgIp8SlWXNz205Lia4qzbp251jDxQiCrVqzLlS3oV9EPFvOSSPyLoelL%2BfdbLnkaycNfFPmWracLIKeLPw1NYqq2YnXQeRxhHJaXl%2FmaVA8GODmjuiLPBhzIN9amf8%2B3Ky1FWMTC%2FG0X1leL46RuvLi27SC9asFj2xQUZepEUvztjXmim7Pz%2FNhZbhmfQr%2FpOiobnQ%3D%3D&checksum=123865777707766049e0ed0a4e1aa53b96c7b6f9575f

Putter - Ping Anser 2, 36", cut down to fit with new grip - $75

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ping-Anser2-Putter/163807183628?hash=item2623ab430c:g:BUEAAOSw5SNdSfQ8

Bag - Sun Mountain Carry Bag - $75

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUN-MOUNTAIN-ECLIPSE-4-WAY-1-PIECE-DIVIDER-TOP-STAND-CARRY-GOLF-BAG/113825508644?hash=item1a80876d24:g:bv4AAOSwm79dM3xt

Total: $395

Buy the cheapest balls you can find - he's going to lose 'em fast, and he won't be able to tell the difference for a while anyway.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

> @HuskyFan said:

> Thanks for all the suggestions. Between a couple friends, we were able to piece together most of the following set for him to get started with:

> Titleist 913D2 10.5* (purchased)

> Titleist 904F 17*

> Titleist 585H 19*

> Callaway Apex hybrid 23* (I’ll give him the option of using either this or the 4i)

> Taylormade R7 irons 4-PW

> Titleist SM5 52 and 56 (purchased)

> Cleveland Huntington Beach 11 (purchased)

>

> I also suggested getting used balls for well under $1 each versus the cheapest new balls at $15 per dozen.

Per my post to zero in on shaft profiles, have you had a chance to get a base evaluation swing? Swing speed, Tempo and loading?

I mean if you are going out of the way to buy might as well get him closer fit?

The 913D2 came stock with the Diamana S+ Blue, they havent changed the surefit system you might be able to get a better fitting base shaft.

The R7 came stock in T-Step 90gram , which is light, or the Graphite 65grams which is really light....

Just my honest opinion to fit the shaft before the heads....or at least get him closer to a base fit.....

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @Exactice808 said:

> > @HuskyFan said:

> > Thanks for all the suggestions. Between a couple friends, we were able to piece together most of the following set for him to get started with:

> > Titleist 913D2 10.5* (purchased)

> > Titleist 904F 17*

> > Titleist 585H 19*

> > Callaway Apex hybrid 23* (I’ll give him the option of using either this or the 4i)

> > Taylormade R7 irons 4-PW

> > Titleist SM5 52 and 56 (purchased)

> > Cleveland Huntington Beach 11 (purchased)

> >

> > I also suggested getting used balls for well under $1 each versus the cheapest new balls at $15 per dozen.

>

> Per my post to zero in on shaft profiles, have you had a chance to get a base evaluation swing? Swing speed, Tempo and loading?

>

> I mean if you are going out of the way to buy might as well get him closer fit?

>

> The 913D2 came stock with the Diamana S+ Blue, they havent changed the surefit system you might be able to get a better fitting base shaft.

>

> The R7 came stock in T-Step 90gram , which is light, or the Graphite 65grams which is really light....

>

> Just my honest opinion to fit the shaft before the heads....or at least get him closer to a base fit.....

I've been to the range once with him and if I had to assess his swing (which is not fair to him at this point), it would be an aggressive tempo with extremely slow speed. His back swing looks as fast as his down swing, but the swing speed radar is maxing out at high 80s with the driver. He'll need some lessons to get the fundamentals down before I would want to start thinking about swapping shafts.

> @HuskyFan said:

> My buddy wants to get into golf and asked me to put together a used set of clubs for $500. I’m thinking the set composition should be a driver (I know many will say he doesn’t even need one, but he will want one so just go with it), 4w or 5w, 4h, 5i to PW iron set, 56 sand wedge, and putter. Thoughts on this set make up and club suggestions?

>

>

Do a fitting first and foremost so he knows exactly the specs he needs

> @HuskyFan said:

>

> I've been to the range once with him and if I had to assess his swing (which is not fair to him at this point), it would be an aggressive tempo with extremely slow speed. His back swing looks as fast as his down swing, but the swing speed radar is maxing out at high 80s with the driver. He'll need some lessons to get the fundamentals down before I would want to start thinking about swapping shafts.

Hey Husky, This is just my take, I say base fitting to get something in his hands that will help his natural tendencies and also allow him to evolve with lessons. Im not looking at "swaping" but again since you are sourcing clubs one at a time, you can at least get him in the right direction.

1) driver is High 80's So lets at least assume a mid range shaft 60 gram in the driver and 100+ grams in the irons

2) Tempo is aggressive so this could affect shaft loading, Trying a stiff shaft over a regular cant hurt, But if hes loading the shaft and the regular is to soft you could see spraying.

Honestly, I am cautious about the R7's if you are going with the stock 90gram shafts or worse the graphites due to the wait and not know the flex in them as well just curious. Just giving my opinion on how to help your buddy the best you can.

I know no one did me favors when I was a young teen swinging 100+mph With Burner 1.0's in 85gram regular shafts.....

basically engraved bad habits bad swing with too light shaft and too soft flex.... If someone at least got me in some decent shafts from the get go I may have evolved a little quicker or not dealing with so much engraved bad habits from poor swing habits and ill-fit equipment.

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @HuskyFan said:

>

>

1OP I have question for you? What are you playing with and which of your clubs do you like the most?

2 Far as a plan I like how you're thinking...

3 Make sure you get him new grips. Sounds silly but it's not. They will help him "bond" to his new set and not always be "in search of." you size him and then buy via ebay or diamond tour hierko or something

4 A colorful bag would be AWESOME if you could swing it at all.

5 4wd or 5wd is a crazy good idea go for it.

6 Middle aged dudes, LPGA players, moderate SS players and TW all play 20º fairway woods I'd bet your friend would love one too, And that's along with his 4hybrid another good idea. And there are a million of them available for cheap!

7 for gifts 2 brands seem to have the highest cache among the most people. Since your friend is probably going to ask everyone he meets "Did my partner get me a good set?" I'd definitely lean heavy towards Callaway and or Ping for the irons at least. But you'd probs do just as well making most of the clubs the same brand if you can at all?

8 fun project enjoy

copapzy4x0iu.png

enjoy

> @JAMH03 said:

> > @HuskyFan said:

> > My buddy wants to get into golf and asked me to put together a used set of clubs for $500. I’m thinking the set composition should be a driver (I know many will say he doesn’t even need one, but he will want one so just go with it), 4w or 5w, 4h, 5i to PW iron set, 56 sand wedge, and putter. Thoughts on this set make up and club suggestions?

> >

> >

>

> 1OP I have question for you? What are you playing with and which of your clubs do you like the most?

>

> 2 Far as a plan I like how you're thinking...

> 3 Make sure you get him new grips. Sounds silly but it's not. They will help him "bond" to his new set and not always be "in search of." you size him and then buy via ebay or diamond tour hierko or something

> 4 A colorful bag would be AWESOME if you could swing it at all.

> 5 4wd or 5wd is a crazy good idea go for it.

> 6 Middle aged dudes, LPGA players, moderate SS players and TW all play 20º fairway woods I'd bet your friend would love one too, And that's along with his 4hybrid another good idea. And there are a million of them available for cheap!

> 7 for gifts 2 brands seem to have the highest cache among the most people. Since your friend is probably going to ask everyone he meets "Did my partner get me a good set?" I'd definitely lean heavy towards Callaway and or Ping for the irons at least. But you'd probs do just as well making most of the clubs the same brand if you can at all?

>

> 8 fun project enjoy

>

> 9

> copapzy4x0iu.png

> enjoy

>

>

>

>

>

>

Thanks for the tips. I will say that I can relate to needing new grips the most. It's hard to concentrate when you're worried about the club flying away.

Me personally I would look at my local Craigslist. Ebay is good but you have to pay shipping (and possibly foreign exchange) but never on Craigslist. I've seen tons of quality full sets of clubs under $500 at my local Craigslist for years.

As for balls, I buy used tour level balls (Taylormade Penta and Lethal) from lostgolfballs.com and only buy them on Black Friday or Cyber Monday in bulk for the most balls for my money.

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft (Stiff flex)
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts (Regular Flex)
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

Just putting it out there... whatever happened to the beginner playing their old man's MacGregor blades or whatever? To be honest, it's a bad idea to get a complete newbie into an SGI club because it won't make any difference whatsoever and they'll learn bad habits right from the get go due to learning overly easy.

Call me an advocate for being thrown in the deep end but once learning a true golf club, a thing like that just seems like a toy and will allow them to enjoy the game even more, after they eventually move into one once learning the basics with an actual club.