Tiger WD

mizuno player

Don't know if he is required to play a certain amount of tournaments, if not,

Call it a year, he has had a great season. Master's defending champion in the spring.

Protection of his body should be his primary concern

• Like 1

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

> @lookylookitzadam said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > he knew he wasn't going to make the cut, that's why he WD. If he shot a 3 under round yesterday, no doubt he would still be playing even with his "mild oblique strain". He's hollywood Tiger nowadays

>

> Agree with this 100%.

Disagree with this 100%. Tiger had nothing to gain by playing this tournament; he's already set for Medinah. He probably shouldn't have teed up in the first place. He knows his body enough to know when he's had enough. If he was -3 what would the point be in him teeing up and risking further injury?

• Like 2

My opinion only. He can rest up but I don't think there is a next season. Well, it will be spotty at best.

If the other contenders at the masters hadn't be stupid and fired at the flag on 12 I'm not sure tiger would have won.

He has a bad injury and it won't get any better playing golf. Not at the professional level and not at his swing speed. My amateur opinion. I'm sure I'll be proven wrong ...... Tiger is good for golf. He doesn't move the needle he pegs it.

• Like 1

> @lookylookitzadam said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > he knew he wasn't going to make the cut, that's why he WD. If he shot a 3 under round yesterday, no doubt he would still be playing even with his "mild oblique strain". He's hollywood Tiger nowadays

>

> Agree with this 100%.

Same here.

DRIVER -     PXG Gen 4 0811X - 8* | 🔥PROXIMA 5S🔥
2 WD -         PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

5 / 7 WD-    PXG Gen 5 | Project X Riptide CB 4.0 40g Ladies 

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

> @Redjeep83 said:

> he knew he wasn't going to make the cut, that's why he WD. If he shot a 3 under round yesterday, no doubt he would still be playing even with his "mild oblique strain". He's hollywood Tiger nowadays

Or...when you’re out of the tournament, there’s nothing to be gained by further injuring yourself. A good round yesterday might have changed that equation and made the risk worth taking.

I can’t stand Tiger, please don’t say such ridiculous things that I’m forced to defend him.

• Like 2

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

> @SEP1006 said:

> > @lookylookitzadam said:

> > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > he knew he wasn't going to make the cut, that's why he WD. If he shot a 3 under round yesterday, no doubt he would still be playing even with his "mild oblique strain". He's hollywood Tiger nowadays

> >

> > Agree with this 100%.

>

> Same here.

yeupp. said to say an era is over..

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @Redjeep83 said:

> he knew he wasn't going to make the cut, that's why he WD. If he shot a 3 under round yesterday, no doubt he would still be playing even with his "mild oblique strain". He's hollywood Tiger nowadays

If he was healthy he might well have shot 3 under.

I think Tiger should take off the rest of the year. He's clearly been injured since after the Masters.

A golfer says they're hurt, to me, they're hurt. The fact of the matter is that his body is failing him. He's a guy with a bad back and he's trying to extend his career as long as possible. He put everything into the Masters and after that he's been fighting himself ever since. Everyone was clearly seeing something wasn't right. And like Robin said, why continue when you know you're hurt and you don't want to make it worse?

It's time to shut it down for the year and see what happens next season.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

> @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > @lookylookitzadam said:

> > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > he knew he wasn't going to make the cut, that's why he WD. If he shot a 3 under round yesterday, no doubt he would still be playing even with his "mild oblique strain". He's hollywood Tiger nowadays

> >

> > Agree with this 100%.

> Disagree with this 100%. Tiger had nothing to gain by playing this tournament; he's already set for Medinah. He probably shouldn't have teed up in the first place. He knows his body enough to know when he's had enough. If he was -3 what would the point be in him teeing up and risking further injury?

>

to get more reps. I mean he hasn't played pretty much at all after the masters. With all the rest he has had, one more week before Medinah wouldn't make a difference at all. Not sure what's going on but he must of got injured partying after his Masters win.

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > > @lookylookitzadam said:

> > > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > he knew he wasn't going to make the cut, that's why he WD. If he shot a 3 under round yesterday, no doubt he would still be playing even with his "mild oblique strain". He's hollywood Tiger nowadays

> > >

> > > Agree with this 100%.

> > Disagree with this 100%. Tiger had nothing to gain by playing this tournament; he's already set for Medinah. He probably shouldn't have teed up in the first place. He knows his body enough to know when he's had enough. If he was -3 what would the point be in him teeing up and risking further injury?

> >

> to get more reps. I mean he hasn't played pretty much at all after the masters. With all the rest he has had, one more week before Madinah wouldn't make a difference at all. Not sure what's going on but he must of got injured partying after his Masters win.

I was wrong about him being able to play competitive golf again, and was pleasantly surprised to see him win the Tour Championship and Masters, so I can't speculate on his chances going forward. Meanwhile Father Time is doing his thing. Tiger can't get in his reps if he doesn't practice, and he can't do either if his body won't allow.

The big question is, is he going to play next week? He probably should not but tiger has proven to be super human over the years.

Nobody thought he could win again much less win the masters and tour championship. It’s easy to count him out and call his career over. We have done it before and been embarrassed.

> @CCTxGolf said:

> The big question is, is he going to play next week? He probably should not but tiger has proven to be super human over the years.

>

> Nobody thought he could win again much less win the masters and tour championship. It’s easy to count him out and call his career over. We have done it before and been embarrassed.

I'm planning on going next week a day so I kind of have selfish reason for wanting him to play it. Personally, I think he might give it a shot since he is still in the fedexup race and defending tour championship winner but who knows.

No medicine nor surgery could save a back which been punished for close to 4 decades.

He really should limit how many tournaments he enters each season, just like Ben Hogan did post his injury.

Even with that, his competitive tournament days are limited. There be a day when he could not or do not want to , pick up a golf club.

> @Redjeep83 said:

Probably the right thing to do. It’s the smart decision. It is beginning to irk me however that every time he shoots poorly it is due to injuries.... Not because he simply doesn’t have it some weeks.

> @16kid said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

>

> Probably the right thing to do. It’s the smart decision. It is beginning to irk me however that every time he shoots poorly it is due to injuries.... Not because he simply doesn’t have it some weeks.

>

>

Could it possibly be that he 'doesn't have it' due to his injuries? Not necessarily mutually exclusive. We all know Tiger's been battling health issues for years, but he's also been quick in post round pressers to say he just didn't play well.

Assuming Tiger's not completely done (even if he is done for this season) and eventually has at least a little gas left in the tank, I'd like to see him completely flip his schedule and concentrate on getting one or two more PGA Tour wins somewhere/anywhere so he can tie/pass Sam Snead for the wins record. Jack's major record seems completely out of reach now.

Adams 9015D 10.5 Matrix Ozik
TM M2 Deep Face 3HL Fuji Atmos 6
Callaway Apex 20 Steelfiber hls780
Adams Pro Mini 23 Steelfiber i95
Adams A12 Pro Black 5-9PW Steelfiber i95
Adams CB2 GW Steelfiber i95
Vokey SM6 Black 54 S-Grind Steelfiber i110 CW
Vokey Oil Can 58 V-Grind Kuro Kage TiNi 105
Scotty Cameron Pro Plat Newport Mil Spec

It's not how fast you play, it's how well you play fast!

Definitely a disappointing year even with the Masters win. The Masters win was great for golf, a great story, but looking back so much had to fall into place, more so than your typical major. It was super rare.

Many thought after the TC win last year that 2019 was shaping as a big year for TW. All the majors were supposed to be very doable having won at three of the courses and Portrush fairly benign. The win at Masters seemingly reinforced the idea of a big year. And then....a lead balloon.

Yes, end of an era, and a great way to go out a la Jack's win in 1986 at age 46. But this talk of catching Jack...we can let that go now.

> @puttingmatt said:

> Don't know if he is required to play a certain amount of tournaments, if not,

> Call it a year, he has had a great season. Master's defending champion in the spring.

> Protection of his body should be his primary concern

Tiger does NOT have to play a certain number of tournaments each year. He is exempt from that rule (I believe due to his lifetime membership status for 20+ wins).

> @"mizuno player" said:

> My opinion only. He can rest up but I don't think there is a next season. Well, it will be spotty at best.

> If the other contenders at the masters hadn't be stupid and fired at the flag on 12 I'm not sure tiger would have won.

>

> He has a bad injury and it won't get any better playing golf. Not at the professional level and not at his swing speed. My amateur opinion. I'm sure I'll be proven wrong ...... Tiger is good for golf. He doesn't move the needle he pegs it.

But they didn't and he won, so why bother with the what if? You could come up with What If's every single week on the tour and probably everyday of life in general.

What if I would have made birdie's on every hole in my last round, I could have shot 54, man what could have been.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @mcputter said:

> Assuming Tiger's not completely done (even if he is done for this season) and eventually has at least a little gas left in the tank, I'd like to see him completely flip his schedule and concentrate on getting one or two more PGA Tour wins somewhere/anywhere so he can tie/pass Sam Snead for the wins record. Jack's major record seems completely out of reach now.

Be great to "officially" have the record buy most knowledgeable fans realize he has that record well in hand already. So many of Sneads wins were bordering on a joke (18 hole events, team events, ties where they gave multiple players the win) that they really can't be compared.

Now that he has 15 Majors and 80+ wins, he is the only player in the modern era of golf with anywhere such accomplishments.

• Like 1