Tiger WD

mizuno player

> @MountainKing said:

> > @"mizuno player" said:

> > My opinion only. He can rest up but I don't think there is a next season. Well, it will be spotty at best.

> > If the other contenders at the masters hadn't be stupid and fired at the flag on 12 I'm not sure tiger would have won.

> >

> > He has a bad injury and it won't get any better playing golf. Not at the professional level and not at his swing speed. My amateur opinion. I'm sure I'll be proven wrong ...... Tiger is good for golf. He doesn't move the needle he pegs it.

>

> But they didn't and he won, so why bother with the what if? You could come up with What If's every single week on the tour and probably everyday of life in general.

>

> What if I would have made birdie's on every hole in my last round, I could have shot 54, man what could have been.

It's part of the plot. Don't take everything so serious. Those two stories are not compatible. Someone didn't do something causing you to Not birdie every hole. I stated if they hadn't I'm not sure. Didn't say he would t have. It would have been different. And more fun to watch.

This is all.lart of the tiger saga. It is analized to the extreme. That's why we're here.

> @CasualLie said:

> Definitely a disappointing year even with the Masters win. The Masters win was great for golf, a great story, but looking back so much had to fall into place, more so than your typical major. It was super rare.

> Many thought after the TC win last year that 2019 was shaping as a big year for TW. All the majors were supposed to be very doable having won at three of the courses and Portrush fairly benign. The win at Masters seemingly reinforced the idea of a big year. And then....a lead balloon.

> Yes, end of an era, and a great way to go out a la Jack's win in 1986 at age 46. But this talk of catching Jack...we can let that go now.

There's no way it can be considered a dissapointing year with a Major win. Even the most optimistic Tiger fans were not sure that would happen.

Yes the health issues are dissapointing but still a successful year.

> @BearQ said:

> It’s very reassuring that he plans to play next week

>

> Could easily be a minor setback and a nice playoffs run. I think we’re all digging too deep at this

Could be minor. But I think every Tiger fan is scarred from the past. He's rarely been forthright with what his injuries actually are.

I hope it's as minor as he's leading on. Personally, I think he should sit out for the rest of the year, rest and get things to be back to whatever his version of normal is. At this point in his career, I'm not sure why he even cares about the playoffs. Heck, say he does play next week and does well enough to make it in the top 30. What's in the point in playing the tour championship with a 10 stroke handicap?

If we see Tiger next year, it's going to be for something like 6-8 events. The majors, the players and whatever tournaments make the most sense (Farmers? Memorial?)... and tha'ts gonna be it.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

> @BearQ said:

>

> Could easily be a minor setback and a nice playoffs run. I think we’re all digging too deep at this

He's hardly played since Augusta and when he has, he hasnt played well. I realize the "Tiger needs to play or I wont watch" crowd is upset, but they better get used to it.

I think we've seen the last of Tiger this season, except when he's the captain for the Presidents Cup.

> @CasualLie said:

> Definitely a disappointing year even with the Masters win. The Masters win was great for golf, a great story, but looking back so much had to fall into place, more so than your typical major. It was super rare.

> Many thought after the TC win last year that 2019 was shaping as a big year for TW. All the majors were supposed to be very doable having won at three of the courses and Portrush fairly benign. The win at Masters seemingly reinforced the idea of a big year. And then....a lead balloon.

> Yes, end of an era, and a great way to go out a la Jack's win in 1986 at age 46. But this talk of catching Jack...we can let that go now.

I wasn't disappointed at all. After years of thinking Tiger either wouldn't play again or couldn't contend, watching him win the Masters with his kids watching was amazing. Koepka's great season notwithstanding, the Masters was the golf story of the year, IMHO.

And by the way, unless a golfer boat races his opponents, things **always** have to fall in place to win. Golf is hard, and winning at that level is even harder.

> @NJpatbee said:

> If Tiger had even a minor injury and was so far behind after the first round I think he was wise to call it a day. I think he will play next week and if his back holds up make a decent showing. If he doesn't play, the injury may be more serious than he is admitting.

This sounds reasonable. I'll step off the ledge, for now.

> @JaNelson38 said:

> > @BearQ said:

> > It’s very reassuring that he plans to play next week

> >

> > Could easily be a minor setback and a nice playoffs run. I think we’re all digging too deep at this

>

> He's hardly played since Augusta and when he has, he hasnt played well. I realize the "Tiger needs to play or I wont watch" crowd is upset, but they better get used to it.

>

> I think we've seen the last of Tiger this season, except when he's the captain for the Presidents Cup.

You may be correct. But it’s a sad time for the game if so. It may regress to 1995 pga tour with him gone permanently. We keep waiting for a replacement , and it hasn’t happened. There’s no denying the uptick in viewers (both live and on tv ) that tiger playing well brings. That being said , it’s a given that the game will suffer when he’s gone for good. And that isn’t something that anyone should want to get used to. Him leaving the game minus a dominant leader isn’t a good thing.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @hdr_ric said:

> > @puttingmatt said:

> > Don't know if he is required to play a certain amount of tournaments, if not,

> > Call it a year, he has had a great season. Master's defending champion in the spring.

> > Protection of his body should be his primary concern

>

> Tiger does NOT have to play a certain number of tournaments each year. He is exempt from that rule (I believe due to his lifetime membership status for 20+ wins).

Even if there wasn't such an exemption, he would get a sponsor exemption for any tournament he wished to play ever.

• Like 1

Cobra King LTD Black

Callaway Epic Flash 3w

Callaway Mavrik 5w

Callaway Mavrik Pro 4h

PING iBlade 5-PW
PING Glide 50°
Titleist Vokey 54° s

Ping Glide 58° es

Bettinardi BB1

> @BearQ said:

>

I'm not saying he's faking but he's done this in past, WD when he was playing terribly for some ailment then a week or two later he's back in the tournament looking normal. Obviously something is bothering him this week but compared to what he's gone through with his back, sounds pretty minor. I'd bet money he tries to tee up next week

I know I'm going against the grain here but I think that it is time he hung the clubs up. The fact is that there is a grave danger that continuing to play top level golf could lead to permanent , irreparable damage. He probably has 40 plus years left God willing, half a life time and there are so many things that he can still achieve, perhaps in the philanthropic field. Then there is his family.

He is rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams and with a modicum of good health his wealth will allow him quality time with his children, they won't be children forever and he has nothing left to prove to them, or anyone else for that matter.

His biggest fans may feel cheated by any of this but surely for someone who has given so much it would be better if he went on a high note rather than slowly fade away, which if the current situation is in any way indicative of the future, is what will happen.

Mizuno ST-X 220 10.5 Aldila Ascent Stiff

Mizuno ST230 16*  UST LINQ

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #4 20* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #5 22.5* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno MP 5 5- PW TTDG 95 stiff

Mizuno T22 50 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno T22 56 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno M Craft OMOI #1

> @nichho said:

> I know I'm going against the grain here but I think that it is time he hung the clubs up. The fact is that there is a grave danger that continuing to play top level golf could lead to permanent , irreparable damage. He probably has 40 plus years left God willing, half a life time and there are so many things that he can still achieve, perhaps in the philanthropic field. Then there is his family.

> He is rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams and with a modicum of good health his wealth will allow him quality time with his children, they won't be children forever and he has nothing left to prove to them, or anyone else for that matter.

> His biggest fans may feel cheated by any of this but surely for someone who has given so much it would be better if he went on a high note rather than slowly fade away, which if the current situation is in any way indicative of the future, is what will happen.

Anyone want to take credit for the idiotic flagging of what is a perfectly reasonable comment? This stuff eats up moderator’s time for no reason.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

> @golfgirlrobin said:

> > @nichho said:

> > I know I'm going against the grain here but I think that it is time he hung the clubs up. The fact is that there is a grave danger that continuing to play top level golf could lead to permanent , irreparable damage. He probably has 40 plus years left God willing, half a life time and there are so many things that he can still achieve, perhaps in the philanthropic field. Then there is his family.

> > He is rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams and with a modicum of good health his wealth will allow him quality time with his children, they won't be children forever and he has nothing left to prove to them, or anyone else for that matter.

> > His biggest fans may feel cheated by any of this but surely for someone who has given so much it would be better if he went on a high note rather than slowly fade away, which if the current situation is in any way indicative of the future, is what will happen.

>

> Anyone want to take credit for the idiotic flagging of what is a perfectly reasonable comment? This stuff eats up moderator’s time for no reason.

Someone just going around trolling,, talked to moderator about it. They will get theirs soon enough

Popped in to see how quickly someone would use the term "hater", not disappointed. Surprised to see no one has mentioned the broken leg story yet.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

Hang it up until the Hero in December, then hang it up until late February then gear up exactly for the Masters like he did this year. Non-majors are just pointless for Tiger now, unless they serve as a prep for a major. The next major is 8 months away.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @golfgirlrobin said:

> > > @nichho said:

> > > I know I'm going against the grain here but I think that it is time he hung the clubs up. The fact is that there is a grave danger that continuing to play top level golf could lead to permanent , irreparable damage. He probably has 40 plus years left God willing, half a life time and there are so many things that he can still achieve, perhaps in the philanthropic field. Then there is his family.

> > > He is rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams and with a modicum of good health his wealth will allow him quality time with his children, they won't be children forever and he has nothing left to prove to them, or anyone else for that matter.

> > > His biggest fans may feel cheated by any of this but surely for someone who has given so much it would be better if he went on a high note rather than slowly fade away, which if the current situation is in any way indicative of the future, is what will happen.

> >

> > Anyone want to take credit for the idiotic flagging of what is a perfectly reasonable comment? This stuff eats up moderator’s time for no reason.

>

> Someone just going around trolling,, talked to moderator about it. They will get theirs soon enough

He's been taken care of. For future reference, use the report option on the post for us to review.

> @nichho said:

> I know I'm going against the grain here but I think that it is time he hung the clubs up. The fact is that there is a grave danger that continuing to play top level golf could lead to permanent , irreparable damage. He probably has 40 plus years left God willing, half a life time and there are so many things that he can still achieve, perhaps in the philanthropic field. Then there is his family.

> He is rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams and with a modicum of good health his wealth will allow him quality time with his children, they won't be children forever and he has nothing left to prove to them, or anyone else for that matter.

> His biggest fans may feel cheated by any of this but surely for someone who has given so much it would be better if he went on a high note rather than slowly fade away, which if the current situation is in any way indicative of the future, is what will happen.

You will never understand the mind of a professional athlete.

Callaway AI Smoke 10.5°(9.5°) - GD Tour AD IZ 5

Taylormade SIM2 TI 3W 15°(14°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 HMP (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Vokey SM8 52°(50°) F Grind

Vokey SM8 56° M Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

> @legitimategolf said:

> Aside from Koepka, I'm starting to think this is a weak era. In which a broke down, fused back, has-been, 43 year old chili-dipper can still compete with the so-called young guns (who supposedly have no fear), and still win the biggest of events, and rise to top 5 in the world rankings.

This is what happens when prize money for the 69 losers becomes obscene. We'll see what happens next year but I've never seen so many times when these young superstars look like world beaters one week/year and a mediocre chump the next.