2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Tiger WD

mizuno player

Just feels like there’s been a paradigm shift this year .. and while it may just be motivational following the Masters, hard not to wonder whether there’s been a material physical setback / regression (lets hope not gym related). Either way he needs the off-season reset and how he comes out early 2020 is going to tell the story...

> @golfgirlrobin said:

> > @nichho said:

> > I know I'm going against the grain here but I think that it is time he hung the clubs up. The fact is that there is a grave danger that continuing to play top level golf could lead to permanent , irreparable damage. He probably has 40 plus years left God willing, half a life time and there are so many things that he can still achieve, perhaps in the philanthropic field. Then there is his family.

> > He is rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams and with a modicum of good health his wealth will allow him quality time with his children, they won't be children forever and he has nothing left to prove to them, or anyone else for that matter.

> > His biggest fans may feel cheated by any of this but surely for someone who has given so much it would be better if he went on a high note rather than slowly fade away, which if the current situation is in any way indicative of the future, is what will happen.

>

> Anyone want to take credit for the idiotic flagging of what is a perfectly reasonable comment? This stuff eats up moderator’s time for no reason.

Amen. I wish they’d ban the next person who does that. Flag is for a clear and proper major breach of etiquette .... not posts you don’t agree with.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @golfgirlrobin said:

> > > @nichho said:

> > > I know I'm going against the grain here but I think that it is time he hung the clubs up. The fact is that there is a grave danger that continuing to play top level golf could lead to permanent , irreparable damage. He probably has 40 plus years left God willing, half a life time and there are so many things that he can still achieve, perhaps in the philanthropic field. Then there is his family.

> > > He is rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams and with a modicum of good health his wealth will allow him quality time with his children, they won't be children forever and he has nothing left to prove to them, or anyone else for that matter.

> > > His biggest fans may feel cheated by any of this but surely for someone who has given so much it would be better if he went on a high note rather than slowly fade away, which if the current situation is in any way indicative of the future, is what will happen.

> >

> > Anyone want to take credit for the idiotic flagging of what is a perfectly reasonable comment? This stuff eats up moderator’s time for no reason.

>

> Amen. I wish they’d ban the next person who does that. Flag is for a clear and proper major breach of etiquette .... not posts you don’t agree with.

Around here you get flagged if you're not enough of a Tiger fan-boy. Same with Monte in the Instruction section.

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @BearQ said:

> > It’s very reassuring that he plans to play next week

> >

> > Could easily be a minor setback and a nice playoffs run. I think we’re all digging too deep at this

>

> I'm not saying he's faking but he's done this in past, WD when he was playing terribly for some ailment then a week or two later he's back in the tournament looking normal. Obviously something is bothering him this week but compared to what he's gone through with his back, sounds pretty minor. I'd bet money he tries to tee up next week

I think BearQ is dreaming. I'm in the group that thinks Tiger's barely played since Augusta, and when he has it's not been great.

Now, after another long layoff he's played poorly and WD. This just doesn't add up to him playing next week. Or not well.

I also think Redjeep's mistaken in saying Tiger has faked it in the past. When good players play poorly there's usually a reason - some sort of problem, big or small. Could be as minor as a blister, which heals quickly and they're back next week. Given all that Tiger's been going through for the past decade +, I doubt this is minor.

This year's Masters, on the heels of the surprising Tour win last year, may have been his swan song.

The game will go on, it's a few hundred years old. TV golf may go through a change, but it's done that before too, with Arnie, Sam, Jack.... Greg....

> @dcfas said:

> Whatever we get from TW is gravy at this point. I will state that one thing I’ve learned from TW is to never underestimate him. Big mistake.

The Masters was a platter of ribs, taters, and gravy, too good.

He decimated the

Haters!

Now, he don’t care. He take his submarine to Cuba then go eat those Kobe steaks in Japan...and get paid.

Everybody write him off again...

Tiger is done.

Then he win another green jacket next year and steal BK and Rory career grand slam again ; )

> @bladehunter said:

> > @golfgirlrobin said:

> > > @nichho said:

> > > I know I'm going against the grain here but I think that it is time he hung the clubs up. The fact is that there is a grave danger that continuing to play top level golf could lead to permanent , irreparable damage. He probably has 40 plus years left God willing, half a life time and there are so many things that he can still achieve, perhaps in the philanthropic field. Then there is his family.

> > > He is rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams and with a modicum of good health his wealth will allow him quality time with his children, they won't be children forever and he has nothing left to prove to them, or anyone else for that matter.

> > > His biggest fans may feel cheated by any of this but surely for someone who has given so much it would be better if he went on a high note rather than slowly fade away, which if the current situation is in any way indicative of the future, is what will happen.

> >

> > Anyone want to take credit for the idiotic flagging of what is a perfectly reasonable comment? This stuff eats up moderator’s time for no reason.

>

> Amen. I wish they’d ban the next person who does that. Flag is for a clear and proper major breach of etiquette .... not posts you don’t agree with.

What happened?

There are plenty posts I don't agree with bit never thought of reporting

> @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > @BearQ said:

> > > It’s very reassuring that he plans to play next week

> > >

> > > Could easily be a minor setback and a nice playoffs run. I think we’re all digging too deep at this

> >

> > I'm not saying he's faking but he's done this in past, WD when he was playing terribly for some ailment then a week or two later he's back in the tournament looking normal. Obviously something is bothering him this week but compared to what he's gone through with his back, sounds pretty minor. I'd bet money he tries to tee up next week

>

> I think BearQ is dreaming. I'm in the group that thinks Tiger's barely played since Augusta, and when he has it's not been great.

>

> Now, after another long layoff he's played poorly and WD. This just doesn't add up to him playing next week. Or not well.

>

> I also think Redjeep's mistaken in saying Tiger has faked it in the past. When good players play poorly there's usually a reason - some sort of problem, big or small. Could be as minor as a blister, which heals quickly and they're back next week. Given all that Tiger's been going through for the past decade +, I doubt this is minor.

>

> This year's Masters, on the heels of the surprising Tour win last year, may have been his swan song.

>

> The game will go on, it's a few hundred years old. TV golf may go through a change, but it's done that before too, with Arnie, Sam, Jack.... Greg....

I certainly don’t think he’s faking, maybe using it as crutch somewhat, who knows. He hasn’t really been the same since masters so it’s concerning. It’s like 2015 again when he couldn’t walk out of the bunker. If he plays next week, that will tell me a lot.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @golfgirlrobin said:

> > > @nichho said:

> >

>

flagged ...

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @golfgirlrobin said:

> > > > @nichho said:

> > > > I know I'm going against the grain here but I think that it is time he hung the clubs up. The fact is that there is a grave danger that continuing to play top level golf could lead to permanent , irreparable damage. He probably has 40 plus years left God willing, half a life time and there are so many things that he can still achieve, perhaps in the philanthropic field. Then there is his family.

> > > > He is rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams and with a modicum of good health his wealth will allow him quality time with his children, they won't be children forever and he has nothing left to prove to them, or anyone else for that matter.

> > > > His biggest fans may feel cheated by any of this but surely for someone who has given so much it would be better if he went on a high note rather than slowly fade away, which if the current situation is in any way indicative of the future, is what will happen.

> > >

> > > Anyone want to take credit for the idiotic flagging of what is a perfectly reasonable comment? This stuff eats up moderator’s time for no reason.

> >

> > Amen. I wish they’d ban the next person who does that. Flag is for a clear and proper major breach of etiquette .... not posts you don’t agree with.

>

> Around here you get flagged if you're not enough of a Tiger fan-boy. Same with Monte in the Instruction section.

Reddit is probably the biggest Tiger fanboy forum. Don’t even try to disagree on that site either or else get down voted to oblivion.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @golfgirlrobin said:

> > > @nichho said:

> >

>

The flag-bandit strikes again. I was the target of this senseless violence earlier this year.

#endfakeflagging

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @tiderider said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @nichho said:

> > > > I know I'm going against the grain here but I think that it is time he hung the clubs up. The fact is that there is a grave danger that continuing to play top level golf could lead to permanent , irreparable damage. He probably has 40 plus years left God willing, half a life time and there are so many things that he can still achieve, perhaps in the philanthropic field. Then there is his family.

> > > > He is rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams and with a modicum of good health his wealth will allow him quality time with his children, they won't be children forever and he has nothing left to prove to them, or anyone else for that matter.

> > > > His biggest fans may feel cheated by any of this but surely for someone who has given so much it would be better if he went on a high note rather than slowly fade away, which if the current situation is in any way indicative of the future, is what will happen.

> > >

> > > Anyone want to take credit for the idiotic flagging of what is a perfectly reasonable comment? This stuff eats up moderator’s time for no reason.

> >

> > Amen. I wish they’d ban the next person who does that. Flag is for a clear and proper major breach of etiquette .... not posts you don’t agree with.

>

> flagged ...

And I’ll flag you , and we will fall into flagging chaos !!!! Neither remembering who flagged whom , first. Can’t we just go back to the meaningless discussion we had about all things Tiger , before the flag came along ?

Seriously though. Somebody flagged that post ? That’s some gangsta stuff right there.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @hdr_ric said:

> > @puttingmatt said:

> > Don't know if he is required to play a certain amount of tournaments, if not,

> > Call it a year, he has had a great season. Master's defending champion in the spring.

> > Protection of his body should be his primary concern

>

> Tiger does NOT have to play a certain number of tournaments each year. He is exempt from that rule (I believe due to his lifetime membership status for 20+ wins).

Tiger can play wherever, whenever he wants. Any tournament director in the world would welcome him into their event with open arms.

> @puttingmatt said:

> Don't know if he is required to play a certain amount of tournaments,

>

This article explains it. Exempt PGA Tour players are supposed to play 15 events each year. There have been multiple years where Tiger has not played 15 events and it has not impacted his exempt status on any level. Except losing "voting rights".

https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsnetteam/2018/09/09/what-minimum-number-pga-tour-events-golfer-play-season-110741/

2020 may be the decision year for Tiger. The Masters win made his year, but otherwise 2019 has been pretty disappointing, both in terms of results and dealing with his injuries. If he has a similar year in 2020 without a major win will he be back in 2021? Now a playoff win in the next few weeks would completely change the calculus, but that doesn’t seem to be where he is trending.

• Like 1

> @mosesgolf said:

> Who doesn't beleive that Tiger is winning another green jacket at the age of 47 doesn't believe in the tooth fairy. :)

I am the tooth fairy , So it’s nice to know another one is coming !

True story. Our boy came to live with us at age 3. So the learning curve for being a new parent came on faster than normal ... and I was behind. Lol ....he Lost his first tooth at age 5. So I’m charged with tooth fairy duty. I creep into his room and get the tooth and leave his payment. I come out and wife says “ did you get it ?.... yup... what did you leave him ....a $20... “. She slaps me on the arm. And says “ what the crap , that’s a bad precedent to set , see if you can swap it for a $5. “. I never could get it swapped out without waking him. I gave up and he got $20 for every tooth after. Sometimes education is expensive ....

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @mosesgolf said:

> > Who doesn't beleive that Tiger is winning another green jacket at the age of 47 doesn't believe in the tooth fairy. :)

>

> I am the tooth fairy , So it’s nice to know another one is coming !

>

> True story. Our boy came to live with us at age 3. So the learning curve for being a new parent came on faster than normal ... and I was behind. Lol ....he Lost his first tooth at age 5. So I’m charged with tooth fairy duty. I creep into his room and get the tooth and leave his payment. I come out and wife says “ did you get it ?.... yup... what did you leave him ....a $20... “. She slaps me on the arm. And says “ what the crap , that’s a bad precedent to set , see if you can swap it for a $5. “. I never could get it swapped out without waking him. I gave up and he got $20 for every tooth after. Sometimes education is expensive ....

$20 is steep. I give my kids $5, which I think is too much, wife disagrees. When I was a kid (I'm age 41 now) it was $1. Has the value of dead teeth increased that much?

Callaway AI Smoke 10.5°(9.5°) - GD Tour AD IZ 5

Taylormade SIM2 TI 3W 15°(14°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 HMP (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Vokey SM8 52°(50°) F Grind

Vokey SM8 56° M Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

late to this thread and didn't read all the posts but here is my take on this:

1..Tiger knows his body best and based on what has happened in the past he knows what can happen if he forces the issue..

2..he knows he has been fortunate to have some relatively pain-free periods starting in 2018--or even late 2017--wherein he had stretches of something close to his best during the British and the PGA which finally culminated in a victory at the Tour Championship and was epitomized with his victory at the Masters in April..

3..his performance after the Masters has been mediocre at best and I attribute that mainly to the natural deflation one feels after a tremendous goal is reached but partly also to the start of some slight deterioration in his body..

4..unfortunately it seems this slight deterioration appears to be not that slight anymore and Tiger has become extra careful..

5..I totally understand this withdrawal and if he feels he can play to win next week he will play-----if not his season is done except for minor and exhibition events..

6...lastly, at this point I'm sure even he will no longer consider a playing captain role anymore for the President's Cup..

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

Maybe he withdrew just because he was in pain? As someone who has a back that acts up at times I withdrew from our club championship after the first round recently. Can't play well with back pain anyway and it's just not worth it to try.

Rogue ST Max Graphite Design MAD
Rogue 3HL and 7 wood
Sub 70 4/5/6 949x Hybrid
Sub 70 699 Pro Black 7-GW Recoil 680 F4
Sub 70 JB Forged Wedges 54/58

Odyssey EXO Seven Slant

> @1t2golf said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > @nichho said:

> > >

> >

> > Someone just going around trolling,, talked to moderator about it. They will get theirs soon enough

>

> He's been taken care of. For future reference, use the report option on the post for us to review.

@golfgirlrobin beat me to it...there are some folks wasting moderator time with that button.

So if we see a flagged post that shouldn’t be flagged, we should flag it again so a mod will look at the original flag? That would create bit of circle.

Best solution would be to have no number appear next to flagged posts. The moderator would deal directly with those misusing the flag button.

> @HitEmTrue said:

> > @1t2golf said:

> > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > @golfgirlrobin said:

> > > > > @nichho said:

> > > > > I know I'm going against the grain here but I think that it is time he hung the clubs up. The fact is that there is a grave danger that continuing to play top level golf could lead to permanent , irreparable damage. He probably has 40 plus years left God willing, half a life time and there are so many things that he can still achieve, perhaps in the philanthropic field. Then there is his family.

> > > > > He is rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams and with a modicum of good health his wealth will allow him quality time with his children, they won't be children forever and he has nothing left to prove to them, or anyone else for that matter.

> > > > > His biggest fans may feel cheated by any of this but surely for someone who has given so much it would be better if he went on a high note rather than slowly fade away, which if the current situation is in any way indicative of the future, is what will happen.

> > > >

> > > > Anyone want to take credit for the idiotic flagging of what is a perfectly reasonable comment? This stuff eats up moderator’s time for no reason.

> > >

> > > Someone just going around trolling,, talked to moderator about it. They will get theirs soon enough

> >

> > He's been taken care of. For future reference, use the report option on the post for us to review.

>

> @golfgirlrobin beat me to it...there are some folks wasting moderator time with that button.

>

> So if we see a flagged post that shouldn’t be flagged, we should flag it again so a mod will look at the original flag? That would create bit of circle.

>

> Best solution would be to have no number appear next to flagged posts. The moderator would deal directly with those misusing the flag button.

Use the Report option, don't flag it. Flagging "Spam" and "Abuse" may or may not show up in the queue while the system is being updated.

> @Sandhurst241069 said:

> Just feels like there’s been a paradigm shift this year .. and while it may just be motivational following the Masters, hard not to wonder whether there’s been a material physical setback / regression (lets hope not gym related). Either way he needs the off-season reset and how he comes out early 2020 is going to tell the story...

Whats all the rest talk. Isn't that what he did last off season. Came in won the masters and had hardly even played since then besides the majors and a couple tournaments. I mean what has he played in the last 2 months. 4 times?

> @1t2golf said:

> > @HitEmTrue said:

> > > @1t2golf said:

> > > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > > @golfgirlrobin said:

> > > > > > @nichho said:

> > > > > > I know I'm going against the grain here but I think that it is time he hung the clubs up. The fact is that there is a grave danger that continuing to play top level golf could lead to permanent , irreparable damage. He probably has 40 plus years left God willing, half a life time and there are so many things that he can still achieve, perhaps in the philanthropic field. Then there is his family.

> > > > > > He is rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams and with a modicum of good health his wealth will allow him quality time with his children, they won't be children forever and he has nothing left to prove to them, or anyone else for that matter.

> > > > > > His biggest fans may feel cheated by any of this but surely for someone who has given so much it would be better if he went on a high note rather than slowly fade away, which if the current situation is in any way indicative of the future, is what will happen.

> > > > >

> > > > > Anyone want to take credit for the idiotic flagging of what is a perfectly reasonable comment? This stuff eats up moderator’s time for no reason.

> > > >

> > > > Someone just going around trolling,, talked to moderator about it. They will get theirs soon enough

> > >

> > > He's been taken care of. For future reference, use the report option on the post for us to review.

> >

> > @golfgirlrobin beat me to it...there are some folks wasting moderator time with that button.

> >

> > So if we see a flagged post that shouldn’t be flagged, we should flag it again so a mod will look at the original flag? That would create bit of circle.

> >

> > Best solution would be to have no number appear next to flagged posts. The moderator would deal directly with those misusing the flag button.

>

> Use the Report option, don't flag it. Flagging "Spam" and "Abuse" may or may not show up in the queue while the system is being updated.

Oh, thank you, I see now...reporting a post doesn’t cause the number to show up.

Which means “abuse” and “spam” could behave the same way and give less incentive for the buttons to be abused? Just a thought.