2019 Titleist T100 irons

> @SAM_PGA said:

> Meant to post this from our staff fittings a couple weeks ago... AP2 left and T100 right. Night and day difference. T100 has much much more of the blade look than the AP2 ever thought about. TM numbers saw a "tick" more ball speed and similar spin/launch numbers. I do believe they are more forgiving as well with a phenomenal feel.

> 6eb2bad1lc0d.jpg

>

Look awesome! AP2's always needed a thinner topline for more traditional players. I bet the tour guys love this change, probably

has a lot to do with why you're seeing them all switch so quickly to these.

Titleist TSR2 10* Ventus Black 6X
Ping 430 LST 15* Ventus Black 7X

Ping G430 Max 5w ADIZ 8X 
Titleist U500 4 DG TI X100
Titleist T100 5-Pw DG TI S400
Titleist SM9 Raw 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04T DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X7
WITB

The T100's were so similar to my JPX 919 Tours all around. Hard to maybe make the switch after hitting them since I couldn't tell much of a forgiveness difference and also didn't get to use good shafts in the T100's (PX 6.0 tested). If the T100's are more forgiving I'm definitely going to make the switch though. T100's felt more solid than AP2 and profile looks great, especially the shorter irons. Hit the T200's for the heck of it and feel there is a huge gap between these (AP2 718 seems to fill in the gap nice with T100 to T200). Titleist did a terrible job blending these but they do go well with CB and MB.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI Black Onyx X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 54.10 S - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

> @Crooksc17 said:

> Tested out the MB, CB and T100 at a Titleist Thursday and the spin was out of control. Over 8k with the MB, 7.5k with the CB and 7.8k with the T100. These are all 7i numbers off a mat and with range balls. I want to like these so will try to find somewhere to hit off turf with ProV1’s. Won’t even comment on feel because of the mat and range balls.

YIKES!!!!!

> @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> > @Crooksc17 said:

> > Tested out the MB, CB and T100 at a Titleist Thursday and the spin was out of control. Over 8k with the MB, 7.5k with the CB and 7.8k with the T100. These are all 7i numbers off a mat and with range balls. I want to like these so will try to find somewhere to hit off turf with ProV1’s. Won’t even comment on feel because of the mat and range balls.

>

> YIKES!!!!!

>

So the range balls spin more and the mats contribute to spin and a 7 iron should be nominal spin in the the low 7's. Do they spin more in comparison to stronger lofted clubs, because what you've described is pretty spot on for this type of club.

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr2+ 2W 13° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

BETTINARDI BB1 WIDE

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

> @jrshelby said:

> > @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> > > @Crooksc17 said:

> > > Tested out the MB, CB and T100 at a Titleist Thursday and the spin was out of control. Over 8k with the MB, 7.5k with the CB and 7.8k with the T100. These are all 7i numbers off a mat and with range balls. I want to like these so will try to find somewhere to hit off turf with ProV1’s. Won’t even comment on feel because of the mat and range balls.

> >

> > YIKES!!!!!

> >

> So the range balls spin more and the mats contribute to spin and a 7 iron should be nominal spin in the the mid 7's. Do they spin more in comparison to stronger lofted clubs, because what you've described is pretty spot on for this type of club.

>

I have seen, at least indoors that mats lead to about 1000 less spin....strange findings indeed

> @therealjonzone said:

> > @jrshelby said:

> > > @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> > > > @Crooksc17 said:

> > > > Tested out the MB, CB and T100 at a Titleist Thursday and the spin was out of control. Over 8k with the MB, 7.5k with the CB and 7.8k with the T100. These are all 7i numbers off a mat and with range balls. I want to like these so will try to find somewhere to hit off turf with ProV1’s. Won’t even comment on feel because of the mat and range balls.

> > >

> > > YIKES!!!!!

> > >

> > So the range balls spin more and the mats contribute to spin and a 7 iron should be nominal spin in the the mid 7's. Do they spin more in comparison to stronger lofted clubs, because what you've described is pretty spot on for this type of club.

> >

> I have seen, at least indoors that mats lead to about 1000 less spin....strange findings indeed

>

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

BETTINARDI BB1 WIDE

> @Crooksc17 said:

> Tested out the MB, CB and T100 at a Titleist Thursday and the spin was out of control. Over 8k with the MB, 7.5k with the CB and 7.8k with the T100. These are all 7i numbers off a mat and with range balls. I want to like these so will try to find somewhere to hit off turf with ProV1’s. Won’t even comment on feel because of the mat and range balls.

Maybe too steep???

On the Titleist 718 iron launch fitting I was hitting a AP2 7 iron in the lower 6000 range for spin and they said it was to low at the time is all that I remember. I do launch the ball higher but just don't remember where my launch was. My carry distance was 173 average.

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

BETTINARDI BB1 WIDE

Hit the T100’s and T200’s yesterday, the T100’s look absolutely perfect to my eye at address, the T200’s have a ridiculously long blade length, borderline obnoxious...

As far as feel, the T100’s feel exactly the same as the prior AP2, solid but not anything spectacular.

Surprisingly, I was pleasantly surprised with the feel of the T200’s, the AP3’s felt like an aluminum baseball bat to me and I can definitely say that Titleist has addressed this issue. The feel was night and day better than the AP3’s, not quite forged but definitely more muted and solid, with excellent feedback for a cast iron.

As far as performance, unfortunately I was let down with the T100’s, literally nothing in it compared to its predecessor, the numbers were almost identical as far as carry distance, if anything, the T100’s were slightly short (160 on avg, I usually like to be around 170 with my 7 iron), forgiveness was neck and neck with the 718 AP2’s, just meh.

The T200’s were definitely longer (178-184 carry) and pretty easy to hit, forgiveness was noticeably better, especially off of slight toe side strikes, distance consistency was questionable....

Now spin....that’s a different story, the T100’s were spinning up close to 8000 RPM’s on TrackMan, that’s WAY TOO HIGH for me, which would probably explain the shorter carry. Spin with the T200’s was around 6300RPM on average which is right in the ballpark of where I’d like to be but I just can’t get along with that long blade length. Maybe a different shaft in the T100’s would get that spin down. (Demo’ed with PX 6.0’s) Workability was easy with the T100’s, as you could imagine.

All in all, I was a little disappointed in this release and I will definitely wait for the MP20’s to come out, just seems like this release is more about tech, which seems to be the road that Titleist is heading down.

• Like 1

> @mrmikeac said:

> Hit the T100’s and T200’s yesterday, the T100’s look absolutely perfect to my eye at address, the T200’s have a ridiculously long blade length, borderline obnoxious...

>

> As far as feel, the T100’s feel exactly the same as the prior AP2, solid but not anything spectacular.

>

> Surprisingly, I was pleasantly surprised with the feel of the T200’s, the AP3’s felt like an aluminum baseball bat to me and I can definitely say that Titleist has addressed this issue. The feel was night and day better than the AP3’s, not quite forged but definitely more muted and solid, with excellent feedback for a cast iron.

>

>

> As far as performance, unfortunately I was let down with the T100’s, literally nothing in it compared to its predecessor, the numbers were almost identical as far as carry distance, if anything, the T100’s were slightly short (160 on avg, I usually like to be around 170 with my 7 iron), forgiveness was neck and neck with the 718 AP2’s, just meh.

> The T200’s were definitely longer (178-184 carry) and pretty easy to hit, forgiveness was noticeably better, especially off of slight toe side strikes, distance consistency was questionable....

>

> Now spin....that’s a different story, the T100’s were spinning up close to 8000 RPM’s on TrackMan, that’s WAY TOO HIGH for me, which would probably explain the shorter carry. Spin with the T200’s was around 6300RPM on average which is right in the ballpark of where I’d like to be but I just can’t get along with that long blade length. Maybe a different shaft in the T100’s would get that spin down. (Demo’ed with PX 6.0’s) Workability was easy with the T100’s, as you could imagine.

>

> All in all, I was a little disappointed in this release and I will definitely wait for the MP20’s to come out, just seems like this release is more about tech, which seems to be the road that Titleist is heading down.

Exactly the review I needed. Didnt get along with the 718 AP2's only because spin was way too high. Currently have 919 tours and planning to wait for the MP20's to compare side by side.

> @danielwkelliher said:

> > @mrmikeac said:

> > Hit the T100’s and T200’s yesterday, the T100’s look absolutely perfect to my eye at address, the T200’s have a ridiculously long blade length, borderline obnoxious...

> >

> > As far as feel, the T100’s feel exactly the same as the prior AP2, solid but not anything spectacular.

> >

> > Surprisingly, I was pleasantly surprised with the feel of the T200’s, the AP3’s felt like an aluminum baseball bat to me and I can definitely say that Titleist has addressed this issue. The feel was night and day better than the AP3’s, not quite forged but definitely more muted and solid, with excellent feedback for a cast iron.

> >

> >

> > As far as performance, unfortunately I was let down with the T100’s, literally nothing in it compared to its predecessor, the numbers were almost identical as far as carry distance, if anything, the T100’s were slightly short (160 on avg, I usually like to be around 170 with my 7 iron), forgiveness was neck and neck with the 718 AP2’s, just meh.

> > The T200’s were definitely longer (178-184 carry) and pretty easy to hit, forgiveness was noticeably better, especially off of slight toe side strikes, distance consistency was questionable....

> >

> > Now spin....that’s a different story, the T100’s were spinning up close to 8000 RPM’s on TrackMan, that’s WAY TOO HIGH for me, which would probably explain the shorter carry. Spin with the T200’s was around 6300RPM on average which is right in the ballpark of where I’d like to be but I just can’t get along with that long blade length. Maybe a different shaft in the T100’s would get that spin down. (Demo’ed with PX 6.0’s) Workability was easy with the T100’s, as you could imagine.

> >

> > All in all, I was a little disappointed in this release and I will definitely wait for the MP20’s to come out, just seems like this release is more about tech, which seems to be the road that Titleist is heading down.

>

> Exactly the review I needed. Didnt get along with the 718 AP2's only because spin was way too high. Currently have 919 tours and planning to wait for the MP20's to compare side by side.

Couldn’t agree more. Thanks for the review!

> @danielwkelliher said:

> > @mrmikeac said:

> > Hit the T100’s and T200’s yesterday, the T100’s look absolutely perfect to my eye at address, the T200’s have a ridiculously long blade length, borderline obnoxious...

> >

> > As far as feel, the T100’s feel exactly the same as the prior AP2, solid but not anything spectacular.

> >

> > Surprisingly, I was pleasantly surprised with the feel of the T200’s, the AP3’s felt like an aluminum baseball bat to me and I can definitely say that Titleist has addressed this issue. The feel was night and day better than the AP3’s, not quite forged but definitely more muted and solid, with excellent feedback for a cast iron.

> >

> >

> > As far as performance, unfortunately I was let down with the T100’s, literally nothing in it compared to its predecessor, the numbers were almost identical as far as carry distance, if anything, the T100’s were slightly short (160 on avg, I usually like to be around 170 with my 7 iron), forgiveness was neck and neck with the 718 AP2’s, just meh.

> > The T200’s were definitely longer (178-184 carry) and pretty easy to hit, forgiveness was noticeably better, especially off of slight toe side strikes, distance consistency was questionable....

> >

> > Now spin....that’s a different story, the T100’s were spinning up close to 8000 RPM’s on TrackMan, that’s WAY TOO HIGH for me, which would probably explain the shorter carry. Spin with the T200’s was around 6300RPM on average which is right in the ballpark of where I’d like to be but I just can’t get along with that long blade length. Maybe a different shaft in the T100’s would get that spin down. (Demo’ed with PX 6.0’s) Workability was easy with the T100’s, as you could imagine.

> >

> > All in all, I was a little disappointed in this release and I will definitely wait for the MP20’s to come out, just seems like this release is more about tech, which seems to be the road that Titleist is heading down.

>

> Exactly the review I needed. Didnt get along with the 718 AP2's only because spin was way too high. Currently have 919 tours and planning to wait for the MP20's to compare side by side.

This makes no sense since 919 Tours spin more than 718 AP2.

Also confirmed by M*G*S Most wanted Players Iron test.

Forgot to mention:

The CB’s are out of this world. Not everyone’s cup of tea but I would 100% play them if I wasn> @MrShield said:

> > @danielwkelliher said:

> > > @mrmikeac said:

> > > Hit the T100’s and T200’s yesterday, the T100’s look absolutely perfect to my eye at address, the T200’s have a ridiculously long blade length, borderline obnoxious...

> > >

> > > As far as feel, the T100’s feel exactly the same as the prior AP2, solid but not anything spectacular.

> > >

> > > Surprisingly, I was pleasantly surprised with the feel of the T200’s, the AP3’s felt like an aluminum baseball bat to me and I can definitely say that Titleist has addressed this issue. The feel was night and day better than the AP3’s, not quite forged but definitely more muted and solid, with excellent feedback for a cast iron.

> > >

> > >

> > > As far as performance, unfortunately I was let down with the T100’s, literally nothing in it compared to its predecessor, the numbers were almost identical as far as carry distance, if anything, the T100’s were slightly short (160 on avg, I usually like to be around 170 with my 7 iron), forgiveness was neck and neck with the 718 AP2’s, just meh.

> > > The T200’s were definitely longer (178-184 carry) and pretty easy to hit, forgiveness was noticeably better, especially off of slight toe side strikes, distance consistency was questionable....

> > >

> > > Now spin....that’s a different story, the T100’s were spinning up close to 8000 RPM’s on TrackMan, that’s WAY TOO HIGH for me, which would probably explain the shorter carry. Spin with the T200’s was around 6300RPM on average which is right in the ballpark of where I’d like to be but I just can’t get along with that long blade length. Maybe a different shaft in the T100’s would get that spin down. (Demo’ed with PX 6.0’s) Workability was easy with the T100’s, as you could imagine.

> > >

> > > All in all, I was a little disappointed in this release and I will definitely wait for the MP20’s to come out, just seems like this release is more about tech, which seems to be the road that Titleist is heading down.

> >

> > Exactly the review I needed. Didnt get along with the 718 AP2's only because spin was way too high. Currently have 919 tours and planning to wait for the MP20's to compare side by side.

>

> This makes no sense since 919 Tours spin more than 718 AP2.

>

> Also confirmed by M*G*S Most wanted Players Iron test.

>

"Also confirmed by MGS’s most wanted players iron test" hahahahaha!!!!

I’m sorry but that’s hilarious!

I award you 0 points.

Saw the T100 for the first time since ordering earlier this week.

Really liked the look, and the feel. Thinner top line that my AP2’s, which apparently are aware they are about to be replaced.....nothing but solid shots in my morning round!

Saw the CB also, and was very happy with my choice of the T100’s. The CB was more compact, with a thicker top line. To my eye a little “chunky” looking, but to each his own.

Should be here in a couple of weeks, preceded by my new T22 Scotty Cameron. That should deplete my golf funds for the balance of the year!

• Like 1

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

> @MrShield said:

> > @danielwkelliher said:

> > > @mrmikeac said:

> > > Hit the T100’s and T200’s yesterday, the T100’s look absolutely perfect to my eye at address, the T200’s have a ridiculously long blade length, borderline obnoxious...

> > >

> > > As far as feel, the T100’s feel exactly the same as the prior AP2, solid but not anything spectacular.

> > >

> > > Surprisingly, I was pleasantly surprised with the feel of the T200’s, the AP3’s felt like an aluminum baseball bat to me and I can definitely say that Titleist has addressed this issue. The feel was night and day better than the AP3’s, not quite forged but definitely more muted and solid, with excellent feedback for a cast iron.

> > >

> > >

> > > As far as performance, unfortunately I was let down with the T100’s, literally nothing in it compared to its predecessor, the numbers were almost identical as far as carry distance, if anything, the T100’s were slightly short (160 on avg, I usually like to be around 170 with my 7 iron), forgiveness was neck and neck with the 718 AP2’s, just meh.

> > > The T200’s were definitely longer (178-184 carry) and pretty easy to hit, forgiveness was noticeably better, especially off of slight toe side strikes, distance consistency was questionable....

> > >

> > > Now spin....that’s a different story, the T100’s were spinning up close to 8000 RPM’s on TrackMan, that’s WAY TOO HIGH for me, which would probably explain the shorter carry. Spin with the T200’s was around 6300RPM on average which is right in the ballpark of where I’d like to be but I just can’t get along with that long blade length. Maybe a different shaft in the T100’s would get that spin down. (Demo’ed with PX 6.0’s) Workability was easy with the T100’s, as you could imagine.

> > >

> > > All in all, I was a little disappointed in this release and I will definitely wait for the MP20’s to come out, just seems like this release is more about tech, which seems to be the road that Titleist is heading down.

> >

> > Exactly the review I needed. Didnt get along with the 718 AP2's only because spin was way too high. Currently have 919 tours and planning to wait for the MP20's to compare side by side.

>

> This makes no sense since 919 Tours spin more than 718 AP2.

>

> Also confirmed by M*G*S Most wanted Players Iron test.

>

not for me. Thanks for letting me know though

Do Golf Galaxy or any other sites ever do trade in bonus deals on Titleist stuff? I know they have done it for Calllaway and Taylormade but I don’t recall ever seeing deals for Titleist.

Anyways, after this weekend my 1 year + experiment with P790s is over. Going back to my old 714 CBs. Really like the looks of the T100 and hoping they are a little more forgiving than the CBs.

> @gomuskies09 said:

> Do Golf Galaxy or any other sites ever do trade in bonus deals on Titleist stuff? I know they have done it for Calllaway and Taylormade but I don’t recall ever seeing deals for Titleist.

> Anyways, after this weekend my 1 year + experiment with P790s is over. Going back to my old 714 CBs. Really like the looks of the T100 and hoping they are a little more forgiving than the CBs.

Titleist and Ping don’t do trade in bonuses.

> @gomuskies09 said:

> Do Golf Galaxy or any other sites ever do trade in bonus deals on Titleist stuff? I know they have done it for Calllaway and Taylormade but I don’t recall ever seeing deals for Titleist.

> Anyways, after this weekend my 1 year + experiment with P790s is over. Going back to my old 714 CBs. Really like the looks of the T100 and hoping they are a little more forgiving than the CBs.

Muskies as in Muskingum?

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

> @mrmikeac said:

> Hit the T100’s and T200’s yesterday, the T100’s look absolutely perfect to my eye at address, the T200’s have a ridiculously long blade length, borderline obnoxious...

>

> As far as feel, the T100’s feel exactly the same as the prior AP2, solid but not anything spectacular.

>

> Surprisingly, I was pleasantly surprised with the feel of the T200’s, the AP3’s felt like an aluminum baseball bat to me and I can definitely say that Titleist has addressed this issue. The feel was night and day better than the AP3’s, not quite forged but definitely more muted and solid, with excellent feedback for a cast iron.

>

>

> As far as performance, unfortunately I was let down with the T100’s, literally nothing in it compared to its predecessor, the numbers were almost identical as far as carry distance, if anything, the T100’s were slightly short (160 on avg, I usually like to be around 170 with my 7 iron), forgiveness was neck and neck with the 718 AP2’s, just meh.

> The T200’s were definitely longer (178-184 carry) and pretty easy to hit, forgiveness was noticeably better, especially off of slight toe side strikes, distance consistency was questionable....

>

> Now spin....that’s a different story, the T100’s were spinning up close to 8000 RPM’s on TrackMan, that’s WAY TOO HIGH for me, which would probably explain the shorter carry. Spin with the T200’s was around 6300RPM on average which is right in the ballpark of where I’d like to be but I just can’t get along with that long blade length. Maybe a different shaft in the T100’s would get that spin down. (Demo’ed with PX 6.0’s) Workability was easy with the T100’s, as you could imagine.

>

> All in all, I was a little disappointed in this release and I will definitely wait for the MP20’s to come out, just seems like this release is more about tech, which seems to be the road that Titleist is heading down.

Here is a good review showing spin differences. 4 degree difference between T200 and T100.

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

Got fit yesterday at true spec, really wanted the cb’s but after hitting the t100’s, it didn’t make sense to get the cb. They look almost identical from above and the feel was extremely similar. I used to be a high spin guy but after shallowing my swing a bunch in the past year I would say I’m now a low spin player. The spin rates were great with both heads and my dispersion was actually a lot better with t100’s. I should also add I’ve played every iteration of the AP2 irons and mixed in a few sets of MB’s. I was fit with the modus 120 x shaft. The one thing that was eye opening to me was the apex, I was hitting the ball rather high (115 feet on average). The other thing I noticed was that the leading edge wasn’t as preworn as the 718 ap2’s..turf interaction was better for me. Anyway this is my 2 cents, thanks for reading.

• Like 1

Titleist 917D3 ad-BB 6x
Callaway rogue 15 atmos x
Titleist 818 H2 19 atmos x
Titleist 718 t-mb 4 C-taper stiff+
Titleist 718 ap2 5-pw C-taper stiff+
Vokey Sm6 Raw 50,55,60 Tour V stiff
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Timeless

I had a chance to be fit yesterday for the T series, on grass and with range balls (unfortunately). I thought to ask the fitter prior to my scheduled fitting to please have shafts I know I would be interested in there, the PX 7.0 Rifle, Modus 130X, 120X, DG X100 Tour Issue and AMT, and DG X7. For reference I have a 96-98mph 7 iron swing speed. Thankfully, he was able to submit the request to the Titleist library and had all the shafts there, except for the X7.

I hit everything in the stock shaft I play in my '19 Apex Pro, the Modus 120X. This gave a good glimpse into the head performance difference. I started with the most forgiving T300 and worked my way down to the MB. Full disclosure, I hate looking down at big heads, so immediately the T300 - TO ME - was offputting. However, I hit it and was impressed with the feel. Its not forged buttery soft, but it's nice, and anyone in this type of iron will appreciate the change from the harsh feel normally with the GI/SGI heads. The T200 was similar to the T300 and I can see how you can blend these two sets easily. The T100 was, to me, a softer feel than the 200 and 300, however I did not notice much of a dropoff, if any, in forgiveness. Although, the topline looks much thinner and more in line with the CB, which is what I hit next. Again, in the CB I did not notice much of a difference from the T100. The looks and feel are almost identical, and I can see someone blending these easily. Although, I am not sure why you would when the T100 short irons performed about the same as the CB, but with less spin - 1000 less. Finally, the MB was in a class of its own. Expectedly, not a forgiving club, but surprisingly forgiving for a blade. I found it very easy to hit, but spun more than I have ever seen - 8800 in the 7 iron. So while I really liked it, it was an imediate pass due to spin. One thing I did notice throughout the whole product line was the lack of distance. The MB was the least dropoff from comparable blades I have hit, about 3-4 yards shorter. The CB and T100 were about 4-7 yards shorter than comparable heads. And the T200 and 300 were about 8-12 shorter. Remember, I did hit many different shafts in them, so that was not the reason for distance loss. If I were a betting man, I would say the new line places more of an emphasis on forgiveness and less on distance, which for many guys is perfectly fine.

I was dead set on getting T100’s and was able to hit them extensively along with the AP2 this past weekend. My plan was to order the T100’s and just needed that final mental test that it was the right choice and not the 718 AP2. My experience is my own and mileage may and will vary among us but I wanted to share in case it might help someone else. I was able to hit just about every major shaft in S & X flex and was finally fit into PX 6.0 according to the numbers, but my eye and my feel told me that the PX LZ was what I liked best. After hitting a large bucket I couldn’t deny that the AP2 performed better for me. I was shocked to say the least so I went to GG for a last go round, this time adding the CB to the mix and it won out beyond any shadow of a doubt. The fact the LZ came stock was a double bonus, plus it also allowed me to keep my three Vokeys in the bag which saved additional coin instead of adding a set GW, I went 3-PW. A week ago the CB was not an option. After a couple of rounds and range sessions I’ve found my Goldilocks and could not be more at peace with a decision that I’ve been mentally debating on a daily basis for months.

> @tcantine said:

> Got fit yesterday at true spec, really wanted the cb’s but after hitting the t100’s, it didn’t make sense to get the cb. They look almost identical from above and the feel was extremely similar. I used to be a high spin guy but after shallowing my swing a bunch in the past year I would say I’m now a low spin player. The spin rates were great with both heads and my dispersion was actually a lot better with t100’s. I should also add I’ve played every iteration of the AP2 irons and mixed in a few sets of MB’s. I was fit with the modus 120 x shaft. The one thing that was eye opening to me was the apex, I was hitting the ball rather high (115 feet on average). The other thing I noticed was that the leading edge wasn’t as preworn as the 718 ap2’s..turf interaction was better for me. Anyway this is my 2 cents, thanks for reading.

How would you say the T100's compare to the 712 AP2's...

Anyone able to compare forgiveness of T100 to these irons: AP2 718, TM P760, Callaway Apex Pro 19. Looking for a slightly more forgiving iron than my 919 Tours and these all seem to fit what I like. I've had AP2s and figure these will probably be more forgiving than T100 since I've hit both of these quite a bit, but wondering how close they are compared to the TM and Callaways.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI Black Onyx X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 54.10 S - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

> @ryan983 said:

> > @pascoe said:

> > For those that have hit these, are you seeing significant distance gains? I did a fitting a few weeks back and the fitter was suggesting he saw a full club difference compared to the 718-AP2.

>

>

> I was hitting the T100 and the MB 7 iron the same yardage, spin, etc to my 714 ap2’s.

I don’t think AP2 loyalists are looking for breakthrough distance or ball speed.

They want consistent spin, launch window, great feel and flawless turf interaction regardless of terrain. If you check those boxes, you’ll inevitably get more distance just because of the strike.