George Gankas Online Coaching

cookszn

Was contemplating signing up for GG's online coaching service thru his website https://georgegankas.golf/ but am not 100% on what he's offering. I see the matchups, stats, etc but there's not a whole lot else. If anyone with more knowledge than me could chime in that would be fantastic!

I had the same reaction. Was all set to sign up but couldn’t figure out what I was buying.

Then thought oh, it’s a bunch of videos layed out in a more structured manner than all the videos he already has out there. Then I’m thinking why buy the cow if I can get the milk for free?? Meaning a bunch of his videos are already available, so back to the original question of what am I getting as a subscriber.

Confusing

• Like 1

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> I had the same reaction. Was all set to sign up but couldn’t figure out what I was buying.

> Then thought oh, it’s a bunch of videos layed out in a more structured manner than all the videos he already has out there. Then I’m thinking why buy the cow if I can get the milk for free?? Meaning a bunch of his videos are already available, so back to the original question of what am I getting as a subscriber.

>

> Confusing

Not having seen the actual content I would imagine what he is presenting in the videos is more detailed than what he has on social media and YouTube. Some of the free clips I’ve seen from his previous site were without any students in them. I also don’t know how much detailed the free stuff he has out there gets and how much of that carries over. It can’t hurt to pay for a month to see

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > I had the same reaction. Was all set to sign up but couldn’t figure out what I was buying.

> > Then thought oh, it’s a bunch of videos layed out in a more structured manner than all the videos he already has out there. Then I’m thinking why buy the cow if I can get the milk for free?? Meaning a bunch of his videos are already available, so back to the original question of what am I getting as a subscriber.

> >

> > Confusing

>

> Not having seen the actual content I would imagine what he is presenting in the videos is more detailed than what he has on social media and YouTube. Some of the free clips I’ve seen from his previous site were without any students in them. I also don’t know how much detailed the free stuff he has out there gets and how much of that carries over. **It can’t hurt to pay for a month to see**

Can't pay for just one month and see, it's a yearly subscription.

> @lsu_justin said:

> There's monthly subscription for $50. $40 if you were a member from the old site, with a promo code he'll send you.

actually from what I gathered it's a year long contract basically and either pay monthly or yearly, cheaper if you go yearly. You are able to freeze for up to three months without paying though.

We will see if he offers a free trial after a period of time. I’m curious if he has anything legitimately new or just repackaged “old” site material.

I’m still don’t buy “be your own coach” from him. Before he got crazy popular his students seemed to on his feed weekly...don’t tell me you are going to teach me to be my own coach remotely for $500 a year when very few if any of your in person players seem to be able to do it??‍♂️

> @ibradley said:

> I joined. I think it’s great. It’s broken into modules that you need to take in order to advance to the next. There are quizzes after each section. I spent about 3 hours on it tonight. Addicting!

keep us updated, its really tempting to go down this rabbit hole as well, but I have a guy that teaches me, and I don't want to get muddled with conflicting thoughts

SIM 9 Degree set to 10.5 - AD IZ 6TX w/ TP adaptor - plays 44.5"

SIM MAX Ventus Blue 6S - std length

SIM Max 19 Hybrid HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist U510 4I - HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist 620CB 5I-9I - Modus 120X pured/hard stepped, 1 flat

Titleist 620MB PW & Vokey SM8 Raw 50.08F bent 1 weak, 2 flat - X100

Vokey SM8 Raw 54.10S bent 1 weak, 2 flat - S400

Vokey SM8 WW Raw 60 Low K bent 2 flat - S400

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna Two - 36" 

ProV1x - #41

> @gators78 said:

> > @ibradley said:

> > I joined. I think it’s great. It’s broken into modules that you need to take in order to advance to the next. There are quizzes after each section. I spent about 3 hours on it tonight. Addicting!

>

> How much material is there?

There is an incredible amount of material. Hours and hours so far with more content that hasn't been unlocked. You will totally understand his teaching. He also explains match ups very well so you don't have to copy his baseline swing if you don't want to.

> @kro88 said:

> > @ibradley said:

> > I joined. I think it’s great. It’s broken into modules that you need to take in order to advance to the next. There are quizzes after each section. I spent about 3 hours on it tonight. Addicting!

>

> keep us updated, its really tempting to go down this rabbit hole as well, but I have a guy that teaches me, and I don't want to get muddled with conflicting thoughts

Getting muddled is definitely a worry. He does a pretty good job of explaining all the different moves you can make and how to make sure you match it up so its effective.

> @airjammer said:

> We will see if he offers a free trial after a period of time. I’m curious if he has anything legitimately new or just repackaged “old” site material.

>

> I’m still don’t buy “be your own coach” from him. Before he got crazy popular his students seemed to on his feed weekly...don’t tell me you are going to teach me to be my own coach remotely for $500 a year when very few if any of your in person players seem to be able to do it??‍♂️

I'm not sure if its possible to learn online either. If it is though I think GG has found the formula. There is an incredible amount of detailed and easy to follow content. It is broken down into modules for easy reference. You can ask questions if you don't understand. You can post your swing and get feedback. There are forums for discussion. A lot of thought has gone into his site.

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > I had the same reaction. Was all set to sign up but couldn’t figure out what I was buying.

> > > Then thought oh, it’s a bunch of videos layed out in a more structured manner than all the videos he already has out there. Then I’m thinking why buy the cow if I can get the milk for free?? Meaning a bunch of his videos are already available, so back to the original question of what am I getting as a subscriber.

> > >

> > > Confusing

> >

> > Not having seen the actual content I would imagine what he is presenting in the videos is more detailed than what he has on social media and YouTube. Some of the free clips I’ve seen from his previous site were without any students in them. I also don’t know how much detailed the free stuff he has out there gets and how much of that carries over. **It can’t hurt to pay for a month to see**

>

> Can't pay for just one month and see, it's a yearly subscription.

>

>

Not accurate. You can cancel at any time. You only pay month to month. Also, if you want to work on something for a few months you can freeze your account for 3 months and start back up.

I thought he was having some issues with the company that was managing the payment process. Did that get sorted out?

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

> @ibradley said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > > I had the same reaction. Was all set to sign up but couldn’t figure out what I was buying.

> > > > Then thought oh, it’s a bunch of videos layed out in a more structured manner than all the videos he already has out there. Then I’m thinking why buy the cow if I can get the milk for free?? Meaning a bunch of his videos are already available, so back to the original question of what am I getting as a subscriber.

> > > >

> > > > Confusing

> > >

> > > Not having seen the actual content I would imagine what he is presenting in the videos is more detailed than what he has on social media and YouTube. Some of the free clips I’ve seen from his previous site were without any students in them. I also don’t know how much detailed the free stuff he has out there gets and how much of that carries over. **It can’t hurt to pay for a month to see**

> >

> > Can't pay for just one month and see, it's a yearly subscription.

> >

> >

> Not accurate. You can cancel at any time. You only pay month to month. Also, if you want to work on something for a few months you can freeze your account for 3 months and start back up.

Ok, what does this mean then, straight from the q and a and doesn't say yearly program only.

"During the initial 12 month program you are free to freeze your membership for up to three months a time no charge. After the program you are free to cancel your subscription on your own terms"

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @ibradley said:

> > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > > > I had the same reaction. Was all set to sign up but couldn’t figure out what I was buying.

> > > > > Then thought oh, it’s a bunch of videos layed out in a more structured manner than all the videos he already has out there. Then I’m thinking why buy the cow if I can get the milk for free?? Meaning a bunch of his videos are already available, so back to the original question of what am I getting as a subscriber.

> > > > >

> > > > > Confusing

> > > >

> > > > Not having seen the actual content I would imagine what he is presenting in the videos is more detailed than what he has on social media and YouTube. Some of the free clips I’ve seen from his previous site were without any students in them. I also don’t know how much detailed the free stuff he has out there gets and how much of that carries over. **It can’t hurt to pay for a month to see**

> > >

> > > Can't pay for just one month and see, it's a yearly subscription.

> > >

> > >

> > Not accurate. You can cancel at any time. You only pay month to month. Also, if you want to work on something for a few months you can freeze your account for 3 months and start back up.

>

> Ok, what does this mean then, straight from the q and a and doesn't say yearly program only.

>

> "During the initial 12 month program you are free to freeze your membership for up to three months a time no charge. After the program you are free to cancel your subscription on your own terms"

Hmm. That's interesting. When I log into my account I have a big button to freeze my account and a big button to cancel. I'll contact support and see if I can cancel earlier than 12 months.

> @lsu_justin said:

> There's monthly subscription for $50. $40 if you were a member from the old site, with a promo code he'll send you.

I am interested in moving over to the new site. How do I get the promo code? I emailed the new site - and heard nothing back.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange CK 60TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Titleist TSR3 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist u505 3i 20* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9S

Srixon ZX4 MkII w/ Project X LZ 6.0 5-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50@49* - Mizuno T22 54* - Taylormade High Toe 58*

LAB Golf Mezz Max Broom 79.5* lie, 45" or one of my Armlocks

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV or Maxfli Tour X

> @ibradley said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > @ibradley said:

> > > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > > > > I had the same reaction. Was all set to sign up but couldn’t figure out what I was buying.

> > > > > > Then thought oh, it’s a bunch of videos layed out in a more structured manner than all the videos he already has out there. Then I’m thinking why buy the cow if I can get the milk for free?? Meaning a bunch of his videos are already available, so back to the original question of what am I getting as a subscriber.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Confusing

> > > > >

> > > > > Not having seen the actual content I would imagine what he is presenting in the videos is more detailed than what he has on social media and YouTube. Some of the free clips I’ve seen from his previous site were without any students in them. I also don’t know how much detailed the free stuff he has out there gets and how much of that carries over. **It can’t hurt to pay for a month to see**

> > > >

> > > > Can't pay for just one month and see, it's a yearly subscription.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > Not accurate. You can cancel at any time. You only pay month to month. Also, if you want to work on something for a few months you can freeze your account for 3 months and start back up.

> >

> > Ok, what does this mean then, straight from the q and a and doesn't say yearly program only.

> >

> > "During the initial 12 month program you are free to freeze your membership for up to three months a time no charge. After the program you are free to cancel your subscription on your own terms"

>

> Hmm. That's interesting. When I log into my account I have a big button to freeze my account and a big button to cancel. I'll contact support and see if I can cancel earlier than 12 months.

I just checked with their support and they told me it's a yearly program whether you pay monthly or yearly, meaning you can't just cancel anytime only freeze up to 3 months like I said. They did the 3 month freeze thing for people who have short seasons due to winter

• Like 1

Love George and his teaching, and was a member of the old site. I think I am going to wait for a while to see if this venture continues with his energy, appropriate customer support, etc. The manner in which he left the old swingtips site and the difficulties I had in cancelling give me pause. I'm rooting for him though, and I hope this has legs.

• Like 1

M6 10.5
M4 3W
Titleist 816h 21
CF19 5-AW
SM6 54 & Cally PM 60
Byron Morgan 612
V1X/ERC Soft

The new site is quite in-depth, much more so than I remember at the old site.

Level 1 includes:

* Foundations

* Full Swing Pt. 1

* Full Swing Pt. 2

* FORUM

* Full Swing Pt. 3

* VLOG + Articles

* Chipping

* Pitching

* Sand + Flop

* Putting

* Faults & Fixes: Full Swing

* Faults & Fixes: Chip + Pitch

* Faults & Fixes: Bunker

* Faults & Fixes: Putting

There are 3 Levels.

Just to show how extensive each section is, here is just FOUNDATIONS' Table of Contents:

7hbljtlvqpwg.png

n5wh2g7rcd1w.png

72wp0o9hlm5s.png

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

> @QMany said:

> The new site is quite in-depth, much more so than I remember at the old site.

> Level 1 includes:

> * Foundations

> * Full Swing Pt. 1

> * Full Swing Pt. 2

> * FORUM

> * Full Swing Pt. 3

> * VLOG + Articles

> * Chipping

> * Pitching

> * Sand + Flop

> * Putting

> * Faults & Fixes: Full Swing

> * Faults & Fixes: Chip + Pitch

> * Faults & Fixes: Bunker

> * Faults & Fixes: Putting

> There are 3 Levels.

>

> Just to show how extensive each section is, here is just FOUNDATIONS' Table of Contents:

>

Would you say are are satisfied with the purchase/commitment?

Titleist TSR2 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange CK 60TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Titleist TSR3 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist u505 3i 20* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9S

Srixon ZX4 MkII w/ Project X LZ 6.0 5-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50@49* - Mizuno T22 54* - Taylormade High Toe 58*

LAB Golf Mezz Max Broom 79.5* lie, 45" or one of my Armlocks

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV or Maxfli Tour X

I like GG a lot although I’m not sure I love his “stock” swing he teaches.....hands way inside, shaft way steep and across the line at top, a slight over the top move from the inside......maybe I’m wrong in that he doesn’t teach this specifically but he swings like that himself, as does his boy Johnny Ruiz....who is kind of a clown imo.

> @stlouismark said:

> I like GG a lot although I’m not sure I love his “stock” swing he teaches.....hands way inside, shaft way steep and across the line at top, a slight over the top move from the inside......maybe I’m wrong in that he doesn’t teach this specifically but he swings like that himself, as does his boy Johnny Ruiz....who is kind of a clown imo.

GG doesn't have a stock swing, in fact the whole basis of his teaching is there is no such thing as one swing fits all. He works on what players have naturally and creates match ups to get the most out of it.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I subscribed, there is a TON of information, they did a really good job of the site.

I also agree above, I thought his stock swing was the Ruiz/Wolff model but that's not true at all, you can go a couple different ways so long as you build the matchups for a few key fundamentals. He is really, really big on a full complete turn, the Ruiz model more or less guarantees you have full turn, although he acknowledges there are some other things they need to do so it's all tied together.

> @gators78 said:

> I subscribed, there is a TON of information, they did a really good job of the site.

> I also agree above, I thought his stock swing was the Ruiz/Wolff model but that's not true at all, you can go a couple different ways so long as you build the matchups for a few key fundamentals. He is really, really big on a full complete turn, the Ruiz model more or less guarantees you have full turn, although he acknowledges there are some other things they need to do so it's all tied together.

Great post. Especially the last sentence.